Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX  (Read 63916 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 09:59:09 AM

At curent prices you would pay 163.4 usd per MH for the first 10.000 units. (much more if btc will rise)
You will have a few months at most mining with profit , accounting the flood of scrypt asics.
Some examples:
  - 125  usd/MH - The War Machine GawMiners
  - 33.31 usd/MH - Titan KnC

so it appears as though they are not competitive with what will be available in three weeks and totally uncompetitive when the KNC & Mining Asics begin to arrive in late July / early august...

correct?

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:17:45 AM

At curent prices you would pay 163.4 usd per MH for the first 10.000 units. (much more if btc will rise)
You will have a few months at most mining with profit , accounting the flood of scrypt asics.
Some examples:

Two things:

* You are buying shares of a managed project, not plain hardware
* You are comparing with pre-orders

jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:28:48 AM

Some examples:

Two things:

Well, this is a preorder also... and looking at the estimated time of deploiment for the Peta and the actual time... you know what i mean.
cryptx (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:39:54 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 10:55:35 AM by cryptx

Some examples:
  - 125  usd/MH - The War Machine GawMiners

Two things:

Well, this is a preorder also... and looking at the estimated time of deploiment for the Peta and the actual time... you know what i mean.

PETA-MINE was launched August 2013 with a deployment goal of end December 2013. We deployed the first hardware at the start of October 2013 and paid +30% dividend to our shareholders even before the actual start date. Currently ~42% in dividends is paid and our weekly dividend is still rising, while shareprice is 50% above IPO. Furthermore we increased the contracted 1 GH/s per share to 8.68 GH/s per share (currently 6 GH/s per share deployed).

This is not a pre-order project, the miners for the SCRYPT-X project are already produced and will be deployed as soon as the correct number is known.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:18:49 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 11:30:56 AM by mikemikemike

CryptX, what is the wattage of these units?

Also, have you considered using an auto switching mining pool? There are coins sometimes magnitudes more profitable than doge and litecoin. Have you considered mining these aswell?
cryptx (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:30:05 AM

Also, have you considered using an auto switching mining pool? There are coins sometimes magnitudes more profitable than doge and litecoin. Have you considered mining these aswell?

We are going to use a multipool, so we do not limit the mining to LTC or DOGE.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:32:09 AM

This is excellent news.

Are your projections based on the profitability of doge and litecoin, or a multipool average?

Thanks.
cryptx (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:36:29 AM

This is excellent news.

Are your projections based on the profitability of doge and litecoin, or a multipool average?

Thanks.

The forecast is limited to the largest Altcoin Litecoin.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:51:14 AM

This is excellent news.

Thanks.

The forecast is limited to the largest Altcoin Litecoin.

That's great to hear.

Which multipool will you be using?
NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:42:50 PM

Looking good, excited for this. 
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:48:46 PM

you will mine Litecoin but the payouts will be in Bitcoin ? what a shame, why don't you pay dividends in Litecoin ? I would invest in this case...
karol

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:51:41 PM

you will mine Litecoin but the payouts will be in Bitcoin ? what a shame, why don't you pay dividends in Litecoin ? I would invest in this case...

Don't belive havelock are using Litecoin, probably only BTC is avaliable on this market and that can be the reason for using BTC, You can always exchange it to LTC.
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:45:41 PM

I don't imply it's a good or bad investment, everyone should do their own due diligence, but from my experience with investing in btc securities (and cryptx is no exception by far)  everyone has a lot activiti and a explenation for everything when they are asking for money. At that stage things are teoretical, but after they receice that money and things get real, then comes the silence. Explenations disapears if something may not go as planned and we are lucky if we get a short comment once a week. This is the most frustrating thing with btc securities for me.
Of course you may turn a profit, of course you may turn a loss, everyone expects that, but the way that theese CEO's change their atitudine after the IPO money have been raised is what really boder me, and I'm sure I'm not speaking only for myself.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

As an investor I fully respect, I'm surprised this would sway you so much. If you really like LTC, Is the 2-3% loss really that bad when exchanging back to it?

Sorry, just slightly surprised this is your deciding factor. Looking forward to your response.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:44:12 PM

That's great news. I'm opposite , That would be my reason for investing.

All scrypt coins should go down in value despite massive hashrate increase mining diff increases on horizon, this is because there will be continuous sell pressure from ASIC farmers to recoup investments and that Scrypt POW now serves no tangible benefit over sha256, it's only bitcoin gold rush 2.0, except even more centralised.

The closer LTC comes to BTC valuations, and the more $ sunk into supporting LTC the more cryptocurrency economy becomes fragmented- the more BTC price sinks from funds being diverted into ltc dumped onto exchanges by miners. BTC price is barely able to be supported currently, and when BTC dips, everything dips.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:20:41 PM

I wont quote everyone, so I will make a short and summarized post about my opinion when it comes to this matter.

a security based on mining Scrypt coins...well basically when we say Scrypt we mean Litecoin and not the Scam coins and jokes because I wouldn't put my money on that....if as an investor you think that Scrypt coins (Litecoin) will lose value against Bitcoin then you are the worst kind of investor, because why would you invest in such security if you think the overall value will be going gradually down ? isn't this a retard move ? now if I am investing in this security, it is only because I believe that unlike Bitcoin, Litecoin still have a great future for mining revenue and on top of that I believe that the value of Litecoin will rise against Bitcoin even more.... and this is why I wish to be paid with Litecoins.

Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:15:43 PM

I wont quote everyone, so I will make a short and summarized post about my opinion when it comes to this matter.

a security based on mining Scrypt coins...well basically when we say Scrypt we mean Litecoin and not the Scam coins and jokes because I wouldn't put my money on that....if as an investor you think that Scrypt coins (Litecoin) will lose value against Bitcoin then you are the worst kind of investor, because why would you invest in such security if you think the overall value will be going gradually down ? isn't this a retard move ? now if I am investing in this security, it is only because I believe that unlike Bitcoin, Litecoin still have a great future for mining revenue and on top of that I believe that the value of Litecoin will rise against Bitcoin even more.... and this is why I wish to be paid with Litecoins.

Litecoin is just fairbrix which is copy paste tenebrix and so forth. It's also a joke coin-  the purpose of migrating from sha256 to Scrypt was initially safe haven from GPU mining.. of course artforz et al already knew scrypt algo was not safe from gpu and began quietly mining huge amount in background and filling their pockets..

Then it was 'ASIC resistance'.. to stave of btc's forthcoming ASIC brutalisation, and therefore massive centralisation by manufacturers, you could choose LTC as diversification instead.  inevitability gave way and coin became valuable enough to warrant developing special hardware.

fast forward and now the purpoted 'ASIC resistance' is pretty publically known to be well. not very ASIC resistant at all. Within few months only entire LTC hashrate will more than double. So why invest into LTC over BTC? why dilute the crypturrency economy which everyone of should be concerned with seeing propser by pouring money into LTC over BTC? What tangible benefits it offers? There is no real infrastructure with LTC. it's is a parasite on BTC right now, considering BTC price can barely be maintained with constant dumps by mining ops esp ones with low overhead who can afford to dump at almost any price, too much out and not enough in and now we expect LTC, doge, quackcoin or whatnot to have constant influx of fiat to support the price too (fiat which could of gone to btc instead) and imagine btc price will not be affected?

LTC price  is not free floating and independent, btc is the leader and all markets are affected by it, so by diverting funds from btc ltc goes down regardless.

Greedy Miners love to buy the latest and greatest shovel that cost 0.0005 gold coins to make for 5 gold coins, even if it may only dig back 4 in it's lifetime, they can sleep soundly in the knowledge they can probably stick it on ebay for 2 after it's outlived it's usefulness, it's simple greed, just another example of a gold rush. recently when keiser announce ltc price target the ease the price pumped up was ridiculous.sure it dropped massively but it still trading much higher cannot take that seriously. Cryptx did great move by taking advantage of this market greed and support bitcoin at same time.

armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

Can anyone give me an answer.

is this related to cryptx.io?

Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

Can anyone give me an answer.

is this related to cryptx.io?

no

zevtiefenbach

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:36:47 PM

I don't imply it's a good or bad investment, everyone should do their own due diligence, but from my experience with investing in btc securities (and cryptx is no exception by far)  everyone has a lot activiti and a explenation for everything when they are asking for money. At that stage things are teoretical, but after they receice that money and things get real, then comes the silence. Explenations disapears if something may not go as planned and we are lucky if we get a short comment once a week. This is the most frustrating thing with btc securities for me.
Of course you may turn a profit, of course you may turn a loss, everyone expects that, but the way that theese CEO's change their atitudine after the IPO money have been raised is what really boder me, and I'm sure I'm not speaking only for myself.

Though, I generally agree with what you're saying here, I don't think it's true with respect to Cryptx.

i've been an investor with PETA and i've been really happy with the weekly updates and the respect for post-IPO accountability. Cryptx has done more for PETA shareholders than promised during the recent Havelock IPO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: