Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205770 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:01:24 AM

Guest Op-Ed: Read Why This Veteran Stands With Rand

(Editor's Note - I received this from a good friend from CPAC - Sgt. Jonathan Lubecky, Ret., U.S. Army, who asked me to publish this. What follows is his response as a Veteran to Donald Trump claiming that Sen. Rand Paul is “weak on the military and Veterans.” He's met both men (both times in his US Army Dress Uniform) and each had very different reactions. We present it here without editing or comment. )

On August 12th, Donald Trump wrote a Letter to the Editor of the Washington Post attacking Sen Rand Paul. Specifically, he stated that Sen Paul is “weak on the military…and the vets.” I am glad that Donald Trump has set up a hotline and an email address for Veterans to share their stories, however, Sen. Paul has actually met with Veterans regularly to not only discuss the problems they are facing, but what solutions they have to fix the problems.

Here is Sgt. Lubecky actually standing with Rand. (From Sgt. Lubecky's Facebook Page)
I recall meeting Mr. Trump at The Citadel in South Carolina. I specifically wanted to talk with him for only a few minutes about Veterans issues. I was in Uniform. I did get a picture, and was then shuttled away. He could have cared less.

More...http://www.behindenemylinesradio.us/2015/08/guest-op-ed-this-veteran-stands-with.html?m=1
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:56:57 AM

Normally, I don't do this but I'll just post the rest of what the Sergeant finished off the above article with his words:

Compare this with the first time I met Sen Rand Paul, also at the Citadel, also in uniform. I had been released from the VA Hospital two days prior and still had the bandages on my wrist from a suicide attempt due to the VA mis-managing my medication. After Sen. Rand Paul gave his speech I waited in line to speak with him, again about problems facing Veterans. Sen. Paul noticed my bandages and asked what had happened. I told him. He then postponed a press conference for 20 minutes and walked me behind a curtain with his staffer to talk with me. He said to me, "Forget I am a Senator, I am also a doctor." He was concerned not only as a Senator and Doctor, but as a human being about what had happened, and what caused my attempt.

Before leaving, I gave him an idea for legislation to help Veterans. Two weeks later, he introduced my idea to the Senate as an amendment to the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act. Sen. Paul also had his staffer give me his personal cell number for me to call if I ever needed anything, or felt the way I did before I was hospitalized.

It’s easy to claim to stand for Veterans, to donate money when you have billions. It takes a different kind of person to put off press conferences, and to take action on behalf of Veterans and the Military. Sen. Rand Paul has introduced legislation and fought for Veterans. He has actually treated untold numbers of Veterans as a Doctor. He helped this old Sergeant when he didn’t have to.

To call Sen Rand Paul “weak” in reference to the troops, or Veterans shows how little Donald Trump knows, or cares about Veterans, other than using them to aggrandize himself.  As for beating Sen Rand Paul in a round of golf, we all have skills, one of Mr Trump’s is apparently golf. I hear President Obama is also pretty good at golf, which has no bearing on his ability, or Mr. Trump’s to lead this great country.

My skill is marksmanship, I challenge Donald Trump to a shooting match, any range, anytime. I win, he publicly apologize to Sen. Rand Paul for calling him weak on the Military and Veterans, he can tell me what he wants if he should win.

I have stood for freedom my entire adult life, 12 years in uniform, 12 months in Combat, and now I stand with Rand.

This is why a Paul is different from the rest. Smiley

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:59:19 AM

ABC/Wash Post National Poll: Rand in 6th

Trump 33
Carson 20
Bush 8
Cruz 7
Rubio 7
Paul 5
Huckabee 3
Kasich 3
Fiorina 2
Walker 2
Christie 1
Santorum 1
Perry 1
Jindal 1
Graham 0

Check out Walker at 2%, Christie at 1%. Rand's numbers are going up. This is great to see.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clintons-support-drops-trump-carson-surge-gop-race/story?id=33695818
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:10:47 AM

Rand Paul Slams Mandatory GMO Labeling As Attack On The Poor

Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul slammed mandatory labeling of genetically modified organisms (GMO) on the campaign trail in Iowa, telling reporters GMO labeling will hit the poorest hardest.

Paul was on the road trying to drum up support for what is widely being seen as a lackluster campaign when he was asked about a bill that would prevent states from enacting mandatory labeling of GMOs.

The bi-partisan Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act has been a source of controversy in the agricultural sector, but has also received a strong backlash from a slew of anti-GMO celebrities.

“The labeling requirements are enormously expensive and just add to the cost of foods. Somebody who is poor can’t buy as much food because of requiring labels to be stuck on things,” Paul told Agri-Pulse.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/rand-paul-slams-mandatory-gmo-labeling-as-attack-on-the-poor/#ixzz3lmF38hda

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:20:59 PM

Rand Paul: The Party of Tomorrow

We live in the greatest, freest, richest, most humanitarian country on earth -- and I'll be damned if I sit around and watch my generation screw up the future of our nation's young people.

When I visit college campuses, I am encouraged. The students I meet are among the most passionate defenders of liberty anywhere.

I'm running for president to protect economic and personal liberty so that your generation can make the most out of your lives in a way you see fit.

I believe the path forward for our country -- and the Republican Party -- is rooted in respecting the Constitution and acknowledging the dignity of the individual. If the Republicans want to be the party of tomorrow, it needs ideas that excite young people. Only a candidate who is a socially tolerant, fiscally responsible and principled leader can reinvigorate the Republican brand.

Starting today, we are launching "Students For Rand" and will be recruiting the "300 in 30" initiative. We have the goal of starting 300 chapters in just 30 days to show how strong the youth support is for my presidential campaign.

We must stand for something so powerful and so popular that it brings people together -- whether they lean left, right or find themselves squarely in the middle. My message of liberty, opportunity, and justice is for all has resonated everywhere, especially in the places Republicans are too scared to go, such as Detroit, the South Side of Chicago, Ferguson, or even UC Berkeley.

Government has no business in your business, period.

Today, the economic outlook is bleak for too many young people. Our nation's youth unemployment rate is approaching 14 percent and more millennials are forced to live with their parents, much more than the generations that preceded them. On top of that, young Americans are starting their working life with an average student loan debt of $30,000. Things need to change.

...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-rand-paul/the-party-of-tomorrow_b_7983952.html
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:23:27 PM

Rand Paul: American Choice Makes America Great

In 2014, Americans earned so much money that they gave $358 billion to charity.

Where did all of this great wealth come from?

Did it mysteriously appear among us? Was it an accident? Or did our great wealth and prosperity emerge for a reason?

If we don’t understand how we got here, we are in danger of losing our way. If we continue to believe that a big government with its attendant debt is necessary to plan our economy then we risk losing everything.

How did America become great? Was it some master plan? Was there some genius who designed America’s success?

The answer is no . . . no . . . and hell no!

America’s greatness came from giving individuals the freedom to choose where they work, what they buy, and how much they save. America’s greatness came from our founders keeping government constrained and on a leash.

If we fail to understand how we arrived at our success, we risk squandering what has been the American miracle, the American juggernaut, the exceptional success that is, frankly unparalleled in history.

Adam Smith never set foot in America but he understood what was necessary for prosperity and success.

In the “Wealth of Nations,” Adam Smith gave words to an idea that would completely transform the world.

...http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/rand-paul-american-choice-makes-america-great/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:31:50 PM

Why Rand Should Continue to Be Agressive on Wednesday's debate

...Paul could shine. In the first debate, he showed that he was willing to go off-script and get into the thick of it. In a debate designed to encourage this, he could truly stand out. Paul's behavior may also push other candidates to follow suit, resulting in a debate the likes of which America hasn't seen in years.

And it could very well pull Paul, who is currently sitting at the bottom of this debate, to the top of the next one.

...http://www.bustle.com/articles/110467-why-rand-paul-shouldnt-stop-being-aggressive-in-the-second-gop-debate-because-its-exactly-whats
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:11:44 AM

Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul slammed mandatory labeling of genetically modified organisms (GMO) on the campaign trail in Iowa, telling reporters GMO labeling will hit the poorest hardest.

Paul was on the road trying to drum up support for what is widely being seen as a lackluster campaign when he was asked about a bill that would prevent states from enacting mandatory labeling of GMOs.

The bi-partisan Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act has been a source of controversy in the agricultural sector, but has also received a strong backlash from a slew of anti-GMO celebrities.

“The labeling requirements are enormously expensive and just add to the cost of foods. Somebody who is poor can’t buy as much food because of requiring labels to be stuck on things,” Paul told Agri-Pulse.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/rand-paul-slams-mandatory-gmo-labeling-as-attack-on-the-poor/#ixzz3lmF38hda

Can we also get the mandatory stickers off of my apples, kiwis, etc?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 04:03:28 PM

Truth in labeling is consistent with libertarian anti-fraud principles.

If I buy something sold to me as an "apple" I don't expect it will have fish genes or some other non-apple shit in it.

Selling a FrankenApple as a plain old apple is false advertising.  Ditto for FrankenBeef and FrankenMilk.

Rand should be more worried about why it took so fucking long for farmers/ranchers to be "allowed" to inform consumers their products are non-gmo.

http://www.provisioneronline.com/articles/99276-usda-approves-label-for-non-gmo-meat-products

Rand is wrong on this one; I bet Kelly feeds their kids organic stuff from Whole Foods and the farmer's market.

However, I think we'd agree these issues should be settled at the state or regional level, not by FedGov and WTO-type international law.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:34:35 PM

If I buy something sold to me as an "apple" I don't expect it will have fish genes or some other non-apple shit in it.

Selling a FrankenApple as a plain old apple is false advertising.  Ditto for FrankenBeef and FrankenMilk.

Rand should be more worried about why it took so fucking long for farmers/ranchers to be "allowed" to inform consumers their products are non-gmo.

http://www.provisioneronline.com/articles/99276-usda-approves-label-for-non-gmo-meat-products

Rand is wrong on this one; I bet Kelly feeds their kids organic stuff from Whole Foods and the farmer's market.

However, I think we'd agree these issues should be settled at the state or regional level, not by FedGov and WTO-type international law.

Whole Foods?  ...well maybe:
Actually, Rand takes the younger Paul's to his favorite doughnut shop to poison the kids when he has the spare time.
Source? == Check his 2012 convention speech, he is rather proud of the hard-working people who serve crap to his family.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 04:54:43 PM

Selling a FrankenApple as a plain old apple is false advertising.  Ditto for FrankenBeef and FrankenMilk.

Actually, Rand takes the younger Paul's to his favorite doughnut shop to poison the kids when he has the spare time.
Source? == Check his 2012 convention speech, he is rather proud of the hard-working people who serve crap to his family.

I said I'd bet *KELLY* feeds their kids organic stuff from Whole Foods and the farmer's market.

The odd doughnut (GMO or not) with Dad on special occasions is harmless.  Your "poison the kids" hyperbole is ridiculous.  He's an MD, FFS.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:19:48 PM

I said I'd bet *KELLY* feeds their kids organic stuff from Whole Foods and the farmer's market.

The odd doughnut (GMO or not) with Dad on special occasions is harmless.  Your "poison the kids" hyperbole is ridiculous.  He's an MD, FFS.

He goes there frequently (so the "poison" comment is not "ridiculous"), and I was surprised myself.
Please, check the actual speech if you do not believe me.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 05:49:48 PM

He goes there frequently (so the "poison" comment is not "ridiculous"), and I was surprised myself.

First you said "when he has spare time" and now it's "frequently."  As if doctors/Senators have loads of spare time...   Roll Eyes

And how exactly are doughnuts poison?  Are you one of those anti-sugar crusaders or what?   Cheesy

Doughnuts are fine as long as you burn the calories.  Any food is poison for couch potatoes.

Last I saw, Rand's kids are not even remotely pre-diabetic (even *if* Dr. Paul and Kelly let them get fat, grandpa would put the hammer down).

I get organic raised-yeast doughnuts most every weekend.  OMG they are so good!!!!

Still haven't been poisoned....not that I would care....   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:34:44 PM

The odd doughnut (GMO or not) with Dad on special occasions is harmless.  Your "poison the kids" hyperbole is ridiculous.  He's an MD, FFS.

First you said "when he has spare time" and now it's "frequently."  As if doctors/Senators have loads of spare time...   Roll Eyes

And how exactly are doughnuts poison?  Are you one of those anti-sugar crusaders or what?   Cheesy

Doughnuts are fine as long as you burn the calories.  Any food is poison for couch potatoes.

Last I saw, Rand's kids are not even remotely pre-diabetic (even *if* Dr. Paul and Kelly let them get fat, grandpa would put the hammer down).

I get organic raised-yeast doughnuts most every weekend.  OMG they are so good!!!!

Still haven't been poisoned....not that I would care....   Grin

First you said "when he has spare time" and now it's "frequently."  As if doctors/Senators have loads of spare time
Yes, in 2012 he spoke as if it was a regular event (if my memory is correct), and now I would think his calendar is a bit over-loaded.

Doughnuts are fine as long as you burn the calories.
(re: "Standard", not "organic" junk food)
'Bleached' white flour with an overdose of processed white sugar? Sorry, but... You & Rand both seem to have a need to learn more about nutrition:
1) The max number of calories you can burn from exercise is very limited, especially when compared to the amount of empty calories you can quickly consume eating low-nutrient foods.  
2) When in doubt, refer to #1.   Grin

And how exactly are doughnuts poison?  Are you one of those anti-sugar crusaders or what?   Cheesy
My diet isn't always great, but it is vital to know about "nutrient density".
'Nasty tasting' foods like kale and romaine lettuce (& some great ones like fresh berries, mushrooms, onions, etc.) are rich in things your body needs.
If you eat mostly junk (like too many Americans), then (in most cases) no amount of exercise can repair the damage.

Question:
Are you aware of the dramatic increase in (the % rates of) cancer, diabetes, and heart disease in America over the last 100 years?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:07:39 PM

The odd doughnut (GMO or not) with Dad on special occasions is harmless.  Your "poison the kids" hyperbole is ridiculous.  He's an MD, FFS.

First you said "when he has spare time" and now it's "frequently."  As if doctors/Senators have loads of spare time...   Roll Eyes

Doughnuts are fine as long as you burn the calories.  Any food is poison for couch potatoes.

I get organic raised-yeast doughnuts most every weekend.  OMG they are so good!!!!

Still haven't been poisoned....not that I would care....   Grin

First you said "when he has spare time" and now it's "frequently."  As if doctors/Senators have loads of spare time
Yes, in 2012 he spoke as if it was a regular event (if my memory is correct), and now I would think his calendar is a bit over-loaded.

Doughnuts are fine as long as you burn the calories.
(re: "Standard", not "organic" junk food)
'Bleached' white flour with an overdose of processed white sugar? Sorry, but... You & Rand both seem to have a need to learn more about nutrition:
1) The max number of calories you can burn from exercise is very limited, especially when compared to the amount of empty calories you can quickly consume eating low-nutrient foods.  
2) When in doubt, refer to #1.   Grin

My diet isn't always great, but it is vital to know about "nutrient density".
'Nasty tasting' foods like kale and romaine lettuce (& some great ones like fresh berries, mushrooms, onions, etc.) are rich in things your body needs.
If you eat mostly junk (like most Americans), then (in most cases) no amount of exercise can repair the damage.

Question:
Are you aware of the dramatic increase in (the % rates of) cancer, diabetes, and heart disease in America over the last 100 years?

Doughnuts are not the cause of the rise in the aliments you've listed.

A couple of fresh doughnuts isn't going to hurt a healthy person.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:54:37 PM

Constitution Day Moneybomb today

Rand is coming off of a great performance at the debate, now let's get him some dough to keep spreading the message of Liberty.

Rand showed up big tonight, let's show up big for him!

https://secure.randpaul.com/

Bitcoin accepted of course.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:58:14 PM

Post debate polls

dailycaller.com/2015/09/16/trump-rand-paul-shouldnt-even-be-on-this-stage-video/

www.drudgereport.com

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/second-gop-debate

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/09/16/poll-who-do-you-think-won-the-cnn-gop-debate/

time.com/4037510/poll-second-republican-presidential-debate/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

All of Rand's responses in last night's CNN debate from the Reagan library in California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxnq9lhH1x4
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:03:51 PM

Rand Paul on the Glenn Beck radio show yesterday, which has millions of tea party type listeners. Earlier in the day before the debate. Discussing taxes and term limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbMrFCLsAsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54HxJqPJFI

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:06:45 PM

Unlike Trump, Rand Paul Actually Made Some Sensible Points During the Debate

The Kentucky senator cut through the “childish, silly back-and-forth” to present reasonable alternatives on foreign policy, drug reform, and mass incarceration.

Donald Trump does not like Rand Paul.

In the weirdest non sequitur of a often-incoherent second Republican presidential debate, the billionaire front-runner for the party nomination declared, “Rand Paul shouldn’t even be on this stage. He’s number 11. He’s got 1 percent in the polls. There’s too many people onstage already.”

As he has been on so many points, Trump was entirely wrong on this one.

Paul distinguished himself with coherent questioning of mass incarceration, calls for criminal-justice reform, and aggressive referencing of the injustices that extend from a failed drug war. The senator from Kentucky had one of the best moments of the debate when, during a back-and-forth over Jeb Bush’s youthful inhaling of marijuana, Paul put things into perspective for the former Florida governor: “Kids who have privilege like you do don’t go to jail. But the poor kids in the inner city still go to jail.”

...http://www.thenation.com/article/rand-paul-made-some-of-the-few-sensible-points-of-the-whole-debate/
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: