Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is our New Support Price, Before We March Back Up to $7 Again?
Below $5 - 10 (12.8%)
$5.80 - 3 (3.8%)
$6.10 - 5 (6.4%)
$6.25 - 10 (12.8%)
Already Hit It at $6.50 - 45 (57.7%)
Don't Know - 5 (6.4%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Support Price, Before We March Back Up?  (Read 1831 times)
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:39:04 PM

What do you think folks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM

define a "support price"

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:44:31 PM

hard bounce off 6.52

up we go

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:48:24 PM

How about retracting 50% of the rally since $2?
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:52:10 PM

define a "support price"

The point where we march back up to $7 again.

Was $6.25 a few days ago, $6.10 a week ago.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:54:45 PM

Loaded question is loaded.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:08:50 PM

'Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood.' So said one of my favourite poets Kahlil Gibran.  Grin

edit: thorns = spikes down

edit 2: corrupt blood = peeps who have over done their leveraged longs on Bitcoinica with insufficient margin

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:20:55 PM

'Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood.' So said one of my favourite poets Kahlil Gibran.  Grin

edit: thorns = spikes down

edit 2: corrupt blood = peeps who have over done their leveraged longs on Bitcoinica with insufficient margin

So...  $6.25?   Smiley
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:31:57 PM

if we get below 6 there can be many forced liquidations  Grin

So you didn't fully liquidate your short yet?  I hope you at least deleveraged a little.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:42:03 PM

i let few thousands just in case i can get a better position

Good move.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:55:01 PM

Normally, the short-term price curve should look like a random walk. That said, a vast majority being certain the price cannot drop is excessively bullish.

And every time I see excessive bullishness, I think it's time for a crash. A market in which more than half of the people take "up!" as the only answer to speculation isn't too healthy.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:59:53 PM

Normally, the short-term price curve should look like a random walk. That said, a vast majority being certain the price cannot drop is excessively bullish.

And every time I see excessive bullishness, I think it's time for a crash. A market in which more than half of the people take "up!" as the only answer to speculation isn't too healthy.

I'm not sure about a crash, but a correction was certainly due.  When people are running around the forums shouting 'only way is up' and 'look out $8, here we come!' in unison then you know something is wrong.  Too many people are on one side of the trade. 

It's like the market knows how and when to effectively slap down the hubris.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:07:29 PM

I'm not sure about a crash, but a correction was certainly due.  When people are running around the forums shouting 'only way is up' and 'look out $8, here we come!' in unison then you know something is wrong.  Too many people are on one side of the trade. 

It's like the market knows some people know how and when to effectively slap down the hubris.

FTFY

The market knows nothing.  The market slaps nothing.
Market participants know things.  Market participants slap things.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:16:22 PM

It's like the market knows some people know how and when to effectively slap down the hubris.

FTFY

The market is a generic term to describe the actions of the participants.  To describe actions of the market as the actions of a collective of individuals is bordering on tautology.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:18:46 PM

FTFY

The market is a generic term to describe the actions of the participants.  To describe actions of the market as the actions of a collective of individuals is bordering on tautology.

But the way I said it doesn't imply some magical force.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:04:20 AM

The Invisible Hand does have something of a magical force, and it can unintentionally slap people.

Say there's a mania of some commodity, and the price goes extremely high. Someone just randomly coming to the market and selling can already punish it. Other people may just not buy because it's too expensive for them now, switching to something else without much further thought.

Afterward, there has been nobody who intentionally slapped the maniacs, yet they got slapped. The market did it. That's the beauty of it, and it's not entirely wrong to hint at that in the wording.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:12:58 AM

FTFY

But the way I said it doesn't imply some magical force.

LOL such as astrology?   Grin  Sorry, I had to.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: