Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:18:00 PM

Has the dev pulished his premine address yet ? I think we need some transparency.

Why so concerned with Premine .. blah blah.. This is a solid coin.  How big could it be?  7 day PoW with no block halving?  and the second PoW stage is not even done yet!  The total outstanding coins so far are less than 10 million of of a MAX total of 100 million... so cant be that much premined... nothing to see here...

Yeah, you are right judgecrypto. It's totally unimportant to have some open ledger premine. It's better the dev  doesn't show how the premine wallet is filled or emptied. Did we ever see a dev scam the community with the premine, I don't think so, did we?

That's exactly why the BTC protocol was built in the first place. To get away from placing trust in a 3rd party for accountability, placing it instead in to a publicly distributed ledger.
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

a little bug report from my site

if u want to click on

help ->about silkcoincard u go to www.silkcoin.com instead of www.silk-coin.com
zulu860

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:12:36 PM

I miss my wallet and its coins, I remember i would sit in front of my monitor and smoke a blunt looking at the camel wondering are you gonna be as high as me. Man those were the days.......

My wallet still doesnt work Tongue

Bitcoins: 157TGFQRUWuBC5pREHcpkXfgCWGrQ9Zti6   iseebitcoins.com
Zimstake: EDEtRKNMUMZrsMCxTKvnz8U2Y84NPQDS2r
Cannabiscoin: CGj3H5AgJKTNeiPCsv2akbQiSSGUjcRjBE
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:16:36 PM

Has the dev pulished his premine address yet ? I think we need some transparency.

Why so concerned with Premine .. blah blah.. This is a solid coin.  How big could it be?  7 day PoW with no block halving?  and the second PoW stage is not even done yet!  The total outstanding coins so far are less than 10 million of of a MAX total of 100 million... so cant be that much premined... nothing to see here...

Yeah, you are right judgecrypto. It's totally unimportant to have some open ledger premine. It's better the dev  doesn't show how the premine wallet is filled or emptied. Did we ever see a dev scam the community with the premine, I don't think so, did we?

That's exactly why the BTC protocol was built in the first place. To get away from placing trust in a 3rd party for accountability, placing it instead in to a publicly distributed ledger.

If you have 4.5 BTC you could buy the equivalent of a 2% premine.  So really any early adopter can get a large stake.  What makes the coin fair is there is no large block up front with block halving that only the early miners can get.  The prices are ridiculously low right now.  I have a couple hundred thousand I got from using Nicehash and Bittrex.  I only found out about silkcoin from IPOMiner.  So this is a totally fair launch!
Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

I miss my wallet and its coins, I remember i would sit in front of my monitor and smoke a blunt looking at the camel wondering are you gonna be as high as me. Man those were the days.......

mine did not work for ages but since applying

Delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX  (XXXX=a folder with random numbers eg. 231313)

then relaunch the wallet.

works smooth after that ...

I wonder if a way to tell windows to delete that file every time the wallet shuts down would fix the problem?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:21:33 PM

Delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX  (XXXX=a folder with random numbers eg. 231313)
I wonder if a way to tell windows to delete that file every time the wallet shuts down would fix the problem?

Surprisingly... it worked. Thanks.
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:22:53 PM

Surprisingly... it worked. Thanks.

no Probs , its the DEVs idea and is posted in the OP, slightly small .. but Meh people should read the Op just for updates of a solution.. most don't tho :p
teksensei

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:25:53 PM

All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 

It's Shitcoin Cash!
CryptoBrother

Activity: 252

I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

I typed help in the console, and it promptly crashed, and now it keeps crashing on launch. 

Check if You have all supported

.NetFramework versions ( from 1.0 up to 4.5)
Microsoft Visual C++ ( all versions as well)
Graphic card with OpenGL support (drivers up to date)

I love the ACES dev for giving me my investment back Smiley
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

Yea we thought of that at first, at least in the meantime, but we can't call this a fix Wink.

But good news, it seems the problem with debug log and runtime error was fixed by flubber and release will be available soon!

And one last time before the fix :

The error we're talking about triggers when you type 'help' or an non existant command in debug log, you can type 'getstakinginfo' or 'getinfo' it will not crash. To reopen your wallet delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX . Also you cannot lose your coins.

DON'T TYPE HELP OR RANDOM COMMANDS UNTIL WE RELEASE THE FIX. But even if you do it's not the end of the world, just delete the boost file.

Edit because of 360sec limit : Silkcoin added to coinmarketcap !!
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:33:27 PM

There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

All you guys who are saying wallet is fine, can you try to type help on console and see if you got a response? Receiving coins and staking is not only what wallet suppose to do, there are other features also which need to work properly as well. I sent my coins to another wallet but immediately wallet crashed and now i cant repair wallet at all, just worried i may lose a lot of coins because of wallet issue  Sad Sad

This is CONFIRMED.  Make sure you BACKUP your wallet.dat BEFORE you do any console commands.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:34:11 PM

I want to do a blog post and giveaway on my blog, should I send a pm about this or email? I like this coin and already bought some too. Smiley
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

Yea we thought of that at first, at least in the meantime, but we can't call this a fix Wink.

But good news, it seems the problem with debug log and runtime error was fixed by flubber and release will be available soon!

And one last time before the fix :

The error we're talking about triggers when you type 'help' or an non existant command in debug log, you can type 'getstakinginfo' or 'getinfo' it will not crash. To reopen your wallet delete C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX . Also you cannot lose your coins.

DON'T TYPE HELP OR RANDOM COMMANDS UNTIL WE RELEASE THE FIX. But even if you do it's not the end of the world, just delete the boost file.

CONFIRMED THIS FIXES THE WALLET CRASHING AFTER A CONSOLE COMMAND!!!!

I had a working wallet!... then I opened console and typed help... it would keep crashing after that...

Deleting  C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teksensei

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

There is a temporary fix bro, follow the instruction and you ll be fine but dont try to send coins here and there until dev release a new wallet with permanent fix or else you ll be risking losing your coins.. In my case i sent some 200k coins to my other computer but they are stuck now as they didnt go through and wallet crashed and i cant recover them through console no matter what.. Still waiting for a new wallet with a fix so i can try to recover my coins back to my wallet Sad  Sad

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.

It's Shitcoin Cash!
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:39:07 PM

Yeah, but the directory "C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/"  doesn't exist on my machine.
programdata is a hidden directory, try to look your hidden folders and files
teksensei

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:44:38 PM

I'm well aware of all of that.  I even used a boot cd to look for it, it's just not there, nada, zilch, non-existent.

It's Shitcoin Cash!
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

I'm well aware of all of that.  I even used a boot cd to look for it, it's just not there, nada, zilch, non-existent.

-Press the WIN+R keys

-Type the path below in the dialog box and hit OK:

C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess

-Delete all the folders located in that directory

-Start the wallet again

It should start without crashing.
zulu860

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:49:06 PM

Lighting one up again  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin C:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/XXXX worked for me thanks Silkcoin for the help

zulu860

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:51:44 PM

Just one question my mined coins through wallet are coming up with Huh marks are they not credited i am fully synched.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: