Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:50:28 PM

To all of you, actually read the protocol document before making any claims about the legimaticy of URO.

The protocol is one thing. An actual business transaction that proves the protocol is valid is another thing entirely.

How about this: if you prove that the transaction is fake you can claim the 88 BTC bounty right now, sounds fair enough?
Everything is proved already and it works, all you need to do is look it up.

So, no real written evidence of an actual business transaction then. I would think you guys would want to see that. It's kind of important.

Edit: Who is holding this bounty?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

Here's an analogy that will help concerned people understand why a urea seller today would accept 12,500 URO for 12,500 tonnes or urea when the price of URO is so low...

It's simply a permanent store of wealth. Urea has a limited shelf life. The producer can't store urea for 5 years then sell it so what can they do to retain their value? Simple, accept 12,500 URO for equivalent purchase of urea today.

Take a look at gold in 1900, it was only $20 usd per ounce but is stable today well over $1000 usd per ounce. http://www.onlygold.com/coins/Gold-Double-Eagles.asp

In 1900 a lot of experts knew that the value of gold had the potential to reach over $1000 but they weren't willing to pay it because they can keep the gold for 100 years because gold will last 100 years. The is really no difference between gold and URO except for one major feature. URO protocol means that 1 URO = 1 tonne of urea. Obviously URO will last forever (like gold) and it's a store of wealth. Even if it takes 100 years to reach $300 per URO it's still a store of wealth. With URO you have the option of accepting it for urea and keeping it or you can go out any day in the future and get 1 tonne of urea or sit on URO for 100 years and watch it reach 300 usd. The interesting thing is though what happens if there is some world event that causes market price of 1 tonne of urea to reach $1000 per tonne? Simple, now 1 URO = $1000 Smiley....

Look at what happened to the phosphate market (also a component of fertilizer). In the mid 2000's phosphate skyrocketed in price from $50 per tonne to almost $450 per tonne. This could happen to urea prices, there is no reason that they can't skyrocket to over $3,000 per tonne

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/phosphate-rock/all/  
So uro which is a couple months old is now a permanent store of value? This is getting really deep.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:51:06 PM

I'm no facial recognition expert but....  Grin

FFS, I am with the sceptics here but if you think they've gone to the trouble of hiring doubles...

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:51:11 PM

I don't know...is this really the same guy?  Grin

Who are you and why do you hide your whois in Panama?

Who trusts a journalist who won't even give a real name.
reader31

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:52:43 PM

Here's an analogy that will help concerned people understand why a urea seller today would accept 12,500 URO for 12,500 tonnes or urea when the price of URO is so low...

It's simply a permanent store of wealth. Urea has a limited shelf life. The producer can't store urea for 5 years then sell it so what can they do to retain their value? Simple, accept 12,500 URO for equivalent purchase of urea today.

Take a look at gold in 1900, it was only $20 usd per ounce but is stable today well over $1000 usd per ounce. http://www.onlygold.com/coins/Gold-Double-Eagles.asp

In 1900 a lot of experts knew that the value of gold had the potential to reach over $1000 but they weren't willing to pay it because they can keep the gold for 100 years because gold will last 100 years. The is really no difference between gold and URO except for one major feature. URO protocol means that 1 URO = 1 tonne of urea. Obviously URO will last forever (like gold) and it's a store of wealth. Even if it takes 100 years to reach $300 per URO it's still a store of wealth. With URO you have the option of accepting it for urea and keeping it or you can go out any day in the future and get 1 tonne of urea or sit on URO for 100 years and watch it reach 300 usd. The interesting thing is though what happens if there is some world event that causes market price of 1 tonne of urea to reach $1000 per tonne? Simple, now 1 URO = $1000 Smiley....

Look at what happened to the phosphate market (also a component of fertilizer). In the mid 2000's phosphate skyrocketed in price from $50 per tonne to almost $450 per tonne. This could happen to urea prices, there is no reason that they can't skyrocket to over $3,000 per tonne

So in theory if you own only 10 URO and some earthquake or drought causes a lower worldwide supply of urea and send urea price to $3,000 per tonne your 10 URO are now worth $30,000 USD !!

great point!

sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:53:04 PM

I'm no facial recognition expert but....  Grin

Left is a happy and proud Bohan, right is an exhausted Bohan that hasn't slept for 3 days, woke up to a crash and calmed the community after the bullshit FUD you posted about URO, his eyes are almost popping out.
You have no credibility anymore altcoinherald, GTFO.

loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:53:09 PM

So uro which is a couple months old is now a permanent store of value? This is getting really deep.

URO is essentially an bond
lol. I can't take it anymore.
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:54:02 PM

Lots of people trust me. I've been dishing out accurate info for months.

Does that look like the same guy to you or not? Simple question. Answer it simply.

The 'angry man' from the video chat and the guy from the website don't really look all that similar.  Grin

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

What will eventually happen, in the ideal world anyway, is that someone needing large amounts of urea on an ongoing basis would buy up all the Uro available, up to the current market price.

Not only would they get a discount at current uro-btc rates, but they'd be hedging against future price increases in urea.

They'd be buying what is essentially a futures contract, a promise to deliver 1 mt tonne of urea, at today's prices. And unlike most futures, it wouldn't have an expiration date.  An excellent hedge again price fluctuation and inflation.

That's smart business.

Another key long term factor is that unlike fiat, a ctryptocurrency is ideal for international commerce, particularly when the rate is pegged 1 unit of currency for 1 unit of deliverable.  Say you're unsure of future of rate fluctuations between the country of the buyer and seller, with Uro it doesn't matter any more.  It's set.  Not to mention ease of transfer, with no fees involved.  There may be some small fees to buy uro, perhaps some enterprising people would set themselves up as brokers in places without easy access to exchanges.

Urea is buy its nature an international business, it's ideal for this sort of thing.

Why would suppliers sign on to it?  Competitive advantage. They offer conveniences other suppliers can't.

Once you stop playing internet detective, snooping around at old internet registrations and playing at photoshop analysis, and start thinking like a fucking businessman, the idea of it all at least makes sense.  It's not a bad idea.  They may not pull it off, but it's not a bad idea.

T.Stuart

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:54:53 PM

call the companies... ask if u can speak to them.  I did what u did already.  Give them a call.  

Please give me the number for CCL Pillay Group. I cannot find evidence of this company.

Yes, I have already been making calls. And I did get through to GreenEarth. But I want to get through to the others, as for me confirming their existence and intentions is more important.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:55:29 PM

Left is a happy and proud Bohan, right is an exhausted Bohan that hasn't slept for 3 days, woke up to a crash and calmed the community after the bullshit FUD you posted about URO, his eyes are almost popping out.

Dude, if I can crash a 'multi-million dollar' coin with one blog post then I have more credibility than everyone else in the altcoin industry.

Think about that for a second.  Grin
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

FFS, I am with the sceptics here but if you think they've gone to the trouble of hiring doubles...

Guy on these fotos can be one person. And also don´t have to be.....but what the fuck ? Where did that 2nd foto came from?  (it could be any foto downloaded from google..... so fuck off. )
KingKoing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:57:13 PM

https://i.imgur.com/MDw6c3I.jpg

It's obviously a different person.  You can tell in the nose.
FoeRest

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:57:23 PM

what his glasses are off?
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

Why on earth would a speculator tie up his btc when uro gets near the price of urea, knowing it's not going to go much over it? there is no chance to gain. The uro price only went to .04 because of hype it could go to .4, without chance of significant gains nearly all traders will be OUT.
Jebus, there just is no logic in this thread except from fudders. You want proof this is a scam? use your fuckin brain.

This may surprise you, but a cryptocurrency can be used for things other than speculation.  And when it is, speculators are no longer necessary.

Speculation sets the price, the only other value it has is in transferring value.
This is the sort of post completely lacking in logic and substance that permeates this entire thread, thanks for continuing the Uro montra.
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:58:00 PM

Dude, if I can crash a 'multi-million dollar' coin with one blog post then I have more credibility than everyone else in the altcoin industry.

Think about what? Masses of sheep flocking to the herd leader? Grin
Everyone already knows FUD is the killer of coins.

You better start apologizing now.

altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:58:06 PM

Guy on these fotos can be one person. And also don´t have to be.....but what the fuck ? Where did that 2nd foto came from?  (it could be any foto downloaded from google..... so fuck off. )

Yeah, it could be a 'foto' downloaded from Google but it's a screencap from the Video Chat held by your Dev last evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHF0C_gPck&feature=youtu.be

Try and follow along.
T.Stuart

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:58:34 PM

Lots of people trust me. I've been dishing out accurate info for months.

Does that look like the same guy to you or not? Simple question. Answer it simply.

The 'angry man' from the video chat and the guy from the website don't really look all that similar.  Grin

I think you are affected by the "other-race effect": http://www.livescience.com/14879-faces-races-alike.html

You can't recognise people from other races easily. It's a lack of life experience.

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:58:38 PM

actually they look liek the same guy to me... honestly.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:59:09 PM

Speculation sets the price, the only other value it has is in transferring value.

So close! Turn those little gears in your brain one more time around and you'll get it!

I know you can do it!
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: