Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, it's settling down. Where will it go from here?  (Read 4248 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:48:12 PM

So let's hear some guesses for the price on
1. Jan 25
2. Feb 1
3. Mar 1

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:51:33 PM

25/01 -> 5 USD
01/02 -> 4 USD
01/03 -> 3 USD

down, down, down
 Grin

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:59:48 PM

Jan 25: 5.4
Feb 1: 4.8
(dips to 3.5 during feb)
Mar 1: 7+ again

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:03:33 PM

I'm not sure what to think anymore. The * at the buy side on Bitcoinica isn't looking good. Too many longs again? Are they _that_ stupid? Another long squeeze incoming? *Sigh*

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:06:17 PM

1. Huh
2. Huh
3. Huh

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:12:32 PM

We still haven't broken the strong uptrend that started this huge rally from the low of 2$, so that's definitely a good thing. It's been a very strong trend so far, and we have already bounced off of it multiple times (The red arrows). We were overdoing it, though, with the very steep trendline from ~4,20 up to over 7. It simply wasn't sustainable, and once it was broken (Blue arrow) we dropped like a stone, but we overshot due to the many forced liquidations. Where we're going next? I'm not sure. We still have room to go lower without breaking the longer trend, but then again, this was also a pretty massive correction, so we don't necessarily have to go lower. Interesting times ahead!

Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:17:13 PM

I think there's a shark suppressing the price.  And I also think we have a noble spirit (or trickster) putting up the two walls @ 5.4 and 5.2, otherwise we'd be dooooooowwwwnnn...
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:51:22 PM

Looks like this will be our new trading range for a while...

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:53:51 PM

Looks like this will be our new trading range for a while...

You're basing the bottom of a trading range on a single spike?

Crypt_Current

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:10:30 PM

Riddle me this Batman...

What happens to price after hourly RSI goes into overbought oversold territory?

Up?

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:39:06 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2012, 03:53:32 PM by P4man

Some quick math..
According to  rowit there are currently only ~30K hosts:

(and steadily going down!).

Lets assume thats 30K bitcoin users.
Also assuming all btc were available for purchase (which Im sure is not the case - yet), the market cap of the btc chain is currently ~$50M. That is $1600 on average for every user. My crystal ball says thats still way too much.

The current price level would make more sense to me if there were 10x more users doing 10x  more trade. That may or may not happen, and as long as there is hope, people will hoard coins, but currently $1 per BTC seems more reasonable to me than $10 and unless adoption begins to increase instead of decrease , even the hoarders will get out at some point.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:49:18 PM

When all is said and done, this may well be remembered as the second Bitcoin bubble.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 03:50:24 PM

it's a rocky road but everytime i see the price dip and spike I imagine someone profiting tens of thousands of dollars, somewhere.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 04:10:51 PM

To me this is about taking a stand. The recent development was a credibility hit to Bitcoin but the price still went down "only" 20% which is less than it has in the past. To avoid a 50% drop which would be a massive credibility hit, people need to take a stand. You either support Bitcoin or you don't and now is the time to show that support or not if that is your decision.

I rarely make these kinds of posts but I honestly believe that this is a critical situation right now. We either make this recent development a bigger issue than it was, or we don't. It's our choice collectively.

And by showing support I don't necessarily mean buying now or going all-in at Bitcoinica, I mean choosing a position which you'll hold. No matter what.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Crypt_Current

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:26:13 PM

To me this is about taking a stand. The recent development was a credibility hit to Bitcoin but the price still went down "only" 20% which is less than it has in the past. To avoid a 50% drop which would be a massive credibility hit, people need to take a stand. You either support Bitcoin or you don't and now is the time to show that support or not if that is your decision.

I rarely make these kinds of posts but I honestly believe that this is a critical situation right now. We either make this recent development a bigger issue than it was, or we don't. It's our choice collectively.

And by showing support I don't necessarily mean buying now or going all-in at Bitcoinica, I mean choosing a position which you'll hold. No matter what.

+1

Which do you believe in harder, BTC or USD?
Unfortunately, the daily dependency that we have on USD is a major factor in this.  For poorer people such as myself, this is a very difficult stand to take -- possibly the most difficult I've ever faced.  I literally have to scrape together every dollar I can muster just to keep food in the (mini) fridge, and sometimes this means I have to sell some BTC I have mined.  And if you're wondering how I "afforded" mining hardware in the first place -- I really didn't.  I spent all my Pell grant excess on it, which has severly crippled me and my loved ones in the short term.  Taking a stand, indeed.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:30:44 PM

We were in a 2-week mini bubble since the beginning of January.

We have corrected back down to $5.50, where we had been heading as the next "genuine" support price (1st week of January)

Curious to see how it shakes out.

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:47:43 PM

+1
 I want to "support" bitcoin, to buy right now in a strong support zone! Yesterday I have earned the large sum of money but I can not whitdraw from bitcoinica "temporary mtgox limit is riched"  Sad

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:10:25 PM

Some quick math..
According to  rowit there are currently only ~30K hosts:

(and steadily going down!).

Lets assume thats 30K bitcoin users.
Also assuming all btc were available for purchase (which Im sure is not the case - yet), the market cap of the btc chain is currently ~$50M. That is $1600 on average for every user. My crystal ball says thats still way too much.

The current price level would make more sense to me if there were 10x more users doing 10x  more trade. That may or may not happen, and as long as there is hope, people will hoard coins, but currently $1 per BTC seems more reasonable to me than $10 and unless adoption begins to increase instead of decrease , even the hoarders will get out at some point.

Your basing the price of a bitcoin on fundamentals.

That would be a nice thing in theory. But as we all know, its really based on speculation.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:12:37 PM

I am fairly optimistic

I thought the big swing was going to buzz down to 5.55 and then break lower in a total rout

instead we weather 3 more large profit takings and settle near 5.70

It is true. the long term uptrend is yet to even be tested in this recent turn of events, we should test it some time in the next couple days

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

A trading range indicated, before our 2-week bubble:

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: