Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, it's settling down. Where will it go from here?  (Read 4246 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:32:41 AM

I want to see some confirmation and volume

this could go either way

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:37:24 AM

this could go either way

this is exactly the psychology that will keep you out and eventually force you to chase the rise.

the shake out damages everyone's confidence and thats precisely when the market makes its move.

listen to the silence here on the Spec Forum.  most everyone is dead.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:39:32 AM

this is just the beginning. triple, quadruple, top. we're going down from here. there isn't enough faith in bitcoin to sustain prices over $7, remember the summer bubble was just this year. doubt prevented the 'obvious' rally to $8, and nothing's changed except a MASSIVE long squeeze reminding everyone just how risky their positions are. the slopes on each side up, then down from $7 demonstrate that what we saw was an echo bubble. expect a correction to the 'true' value of bitcoin (it will be above $2, that was an overcorrection). but we're going down from here.

bull market is over, for now.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:44:54 AM

this is just the beginning. triple, quadruple, top. we're going down from here. there isn't enough faith in bitcoin to sustain prices over $7, remember the summer bubble was just this year. doubt prevented the 'obvious' rally to $8, and nothing's changed except a MASSIVE long squeeze reminding everyone just how risky their positions are. the slopes on each side up, then down from $7 demonstrate that what we saw was an echo bubble. expect a correction to the 'true' value of bitcoin (it will be above $2, that was an overcorrection). but we're going down from here.

Please put your money where your mouth is:
www.bitcoinica.com

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:48:28 AM

What about the long term trend line?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:54:59 AM

HUGE RALLY ON THE WAY.  you'll be dreaming to get at $7 when it doubles
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:58:19 AM

this could go either way

this is exactly the psychology that will keep you out and eventually force you to chase the rise.

the shake out damages everyone's confidence and thats precisely when the market makes its move.

listen to the silence here on the Spec Forum.  most everyone is dead.

Oh, I get that, and I respect your analysis

I have no problem taking my haircut to get on the train, I tend to trade pretty close to the current price anyway, I'm just not sure it has steam up just yet.

I see it break this? I'm on it like flies on dung

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:03:55 AM

Please put your money where your mouth is:
www.bitcoinica.com

i don't trade on bitcoinica because i don't need leverage to achieve the maximum risk i am willing to take. my money 'is where my mouth is' right now, i pulled out of my long position right before the crash, took my 50+% returns, and have bids set at $4-5 so i can catch the next serrated edge of the...

fall
ling
kn
i
f
e

im all in usd and you should be too

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:06:00 AM

What about the long term trend line?

no trend, echo bubble. take a look at the daily-scale oscillators:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg60zigDailyztgSzm1g10zm2g25zxzi1gMACDzi2gMFIzi3gRSIzi4gWilliamRzv

MACD crossed awhile ago. MFI, RSI, and William's have all been in overbought zone for months and are now starting to zig-zag down.

antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:11:20 AM

Someone is wrong.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:18:57 AM

Someone is wrong.

anything's possible.

i was wrong on occasion of Bitcoinica providing fair balance to crazy market until someone decided to rock that boat.

after all what happened last night we're still at $6 not $1, $2, $3 or even $4.
there is no sentiment or signals indicating that movement that started in November is in reversal.  We are moving up and forward. If we continue to grow slowly like we have been so far, we'll be very fine. i say good luck waiting for price to drop below $1 or even $2
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:20:15 AM

I didn't say who was wrong  Cool
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:22:12 AM

I didn't say who was wrong  Cool

it's alright, my statement deserved explanation anyway
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:51:51 AM

We won't have to wait long.

could be several days yet

Sargasm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:58:10 AM

Sweet spot @ 6 it looks like...

I'm buying at 6.20 ATM...

I don't mind losing a little skin to gain an arm and a leg.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: