Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:53:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear Thread!  (Read 2591 times)
Vandroiy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:48:52 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 12:01:29 AM by Vandroiy

So, I was thinking we would fall lower than 6 anyway, and then all this chaos happened, plus I've yet to meet a single user who came because of that TV show. In addition, we've had an overpopulation of short-term bulls lately, remember those polls and threads according to which 8 should be topped by now?

It's hard to model how much money might have been just leveraged in that rally. But I can guess that some people with money shooed away for now, because of the obvious trouble in keeping the up-trend. I could imagine that there isn't enough money waiting to catch a high-volume panic, which we haven't seen in quite a while. And the more people buy high up, the less BTC it would take to drain the funds.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks unstable?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:12:19 AM

No.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:12:51 AM

Now you just need nagle and you got all your permabears
RogerR

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:16:03 AM

Well, thanks to Bitcoinica I must say I no longer believe in a soaring bitcoin value ever again. The leveraged margin trading to counter-balance any overheated situation of a (highly subjectively priced) commodity is causing exactly this very environment - in both directions. Without any long-term price stability however, I'm afraid bitcoin serves no purpose other than a digital footstep of wasted computational powers and energy.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:23:46 AM

Volatility is what will bring in more traders.... new traders = new usd = price goes up.

Volatility is good for growth, as long as nobody with a lot of bitcoins decides to spike it clear to the ground.  I don't know why anyone would do that.

Edit: Short term, I'm not betting against a drop other than with my long term holdings.  It will take time for new traders to get in, and many traders got burned hard, but they are the permabulls you complain about.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Vandroiy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:25:26 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 12:44:49 AM by Vandroiy

Edit: I was thinking bittenbob included me as a permabear so I did a count Leaving that here instead of the original post, just because.

Since I joined, I have been bull 60% of the time, but bear only 40% of the time. I switched camps four times. I was actually still fairly bullish mid-December.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 12:27:24 AM

Bear Vs. Bull  Claws always win.

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:34:49 AM

Now you just need nagle and you got all your permabears

Me? Ahahah someone hasn't been paying attention. Let's count... hm.

Since I joined, I have been bull 60% of the time, but bear only 40% of the time. I switched camps four times. I was actually still fairly bullish mid-December, when you were long on here already.

If being bearish for more than three weeks makes one a "permabear", the terminology is a little deceiving, isn't it? Wink

Is your name Nagle?
RogerR

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:35:19 AM

Volatility is what will bring in more traders.... new traders = new usd = price goes up.

Volatility is good for growth, as long as nobody with a lot of bitcoins decides to spike it clear to the ground.  I don't know why anyone would do that.

Edit: Short term, I'm not betting against a drop other than with my long term holdings.  It will take time for new traders to get in, and many traders got burned hard, but they are the permabulls you complain about.

Volatility alone won't bring in new traders, predictability does. If you're a fan of quasi-randomness, you stick with the regular lottery - but even there are strategies to maximize your returns.

I was actually short at around $7 when I saw those 30k bitcoin walls pop up at 6.4 and 6.6 or so, with practically nothing to go to $9. So I changed my 2k$ into a long-position with - what I thought - moderate risks involved, and yeah... we all know the story.

You won't see any big players coming into a market like this, and the little $10-100 gamblers won't matter enough to change the name of the game.
Vandroiy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:41:45 AM

Is your name Nagle?

Ah, okay. Sorry, misunderstood there. I didn't think a single permabear posting would be significant, so I just assumed you included me in the group. Tongue

But it made me count how long I was bull and bear, so maybe something was gained from the confusion? Huh
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:48:09 AM

I am the most religious bear you will ever meet

roughly 45% of the time

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 12:52:33 AM

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:54:38 AM

oh jeez nick

deep breaths man

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:06:43 AM

Edit: Short term, I'm not betting against a drop other than with my long term holdings.  It will take time for new traders to get in, and many traders got burned hard, but they are the permabulls you complain about.

Volatility alone won't bring in new traders, predictability does. If you're a fan of quasi-randomness, you stick with the regular lottery - but even there are strategies to maximize your returns.

I was actually short at around $7 when I saw those 30k bitcoin walls pop up at 6.4 and 6.6 or so, with practically nothing to go to $9. So I changed my 2k$ into a long-position with - what I thought - moderate risks involved, and yeah... we all know the story.

You won't see any big players coming into a market like this, and the little $10-100 gamblers won't matter enough to change the name of the game.

That's just it though.... Lots of inexperienced traders playing with leverage leads to big profit opportunities like yesterday.  The big players are influential enough that they can kick start things.  I'm not a big player, but I've seen enough of this market to expect this kind of behavior.  I did well yesterday and invite that to continue to happen, despite my long term long position.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:14:36 AM

GIFSoup

DIE!
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:43:02 AM

i agree. we were waiting for that rally for far too long. everyone expected a rocket to the moon with CES, the TV show, and it didn't happen. then there was a huge dump, a veritable bull slaughterhouse. we're still having the burgers. the triple, quadruple top means it's a bear market now.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:46:49 AM

i agree. we were waiting for that rally for far too long. everyone expected a rocket to the moon with CES, the TV show, and it didn't happen. then there was a huge dump, a veritable bull slaughterhouse. we're still having the burgers. the triple, quadruple top means it's a bear market now.

Dollar's taking a dump now... Risk On.  Good luck stopping the flight from dollars to anything that's got a shot at going up or even just staying level, or dropping slower.

arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:10:22 AM

LAWL @ bitcoin being a safer investment than dollars. it's POSSIBLE for bitcoin to be $1 tomorrow.

dollar goes down, gold & silver goes up. bitcoin will remain volatile at a scale much larger than fluctuations in established currencies until its utility increases significantly.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:59:45 AM

LAWL @ bitcoin being a safer investment than dollars. it's POSSIBLE for bitcoin to be $1 tomorrow.

dollar goes down, gold & silver goes up. bitcoin will remain volatile at a scale much larger than fluctuations in established currencies until its utility increases significantly.

LAWL if you hold significant USDs.  Have fun with that.

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:20:34 AM

Bear Vs. Bull  Claws always win.

lol..piercing gashing dagger horns count for nothing?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: