Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:10:18 PM

I have a question, I just xfered some VRC from exchange back to wallet, I'm not very versed in stake coins, however I have now held these coins for roughly 2 hours, and when I mouse hover over the Blue Icon in the wallet, it says my time to earn interest  is 2 days , is this normal? I had thought I had read earlier, some one has said 8 hours?

coins need to mature in your wallet for 8 hours before you can stake them

And you have to leave your wallet open for permanent connections to the vericoin network (to gain interest).

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:11:32 PM

I have a question, I just xfered some VRC from exchange back to wallet, I'm not very versed in stake coins, however I have now held these coins for roughly 2 hours, and when I mouse hover over the Blue Icon in the wallet, it says my time to earn interest  is 2 days , is this normal? I had thought I had read earlier, some one has said 8 hours?

coins need to mature in your wallet for 8 hours before you can stake them

Also, when you get a payment depends on how many coins you have as well, it works out at the end of a year to be the average interest rate for that year earned.

Okie dokie, sounds good, so even if its just a small fraction of a VRC, I should see some thing change after holding for 8 hrs within wallet..that answers my question perfectly, thanks again.. have a good one.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:12:32 PM

People were inquiring.  Though we no longer give ETA's because they can be used against the community in temporary delays, the next wallet update to be released will implement the first version of the ANON #VeriSend feature.

Thanks guys and gals.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:14:00 PM

People were inquiring.  Though we no longer give ETA's because they can be used against the community in temporary delays, the next wallet update to be released will implement the first version of the ANON #VeriSend feature.

Thanks guys and gals.
Thats some great news! Also the intrest is now @ 2.119 almost half of the coins total amount are staking!

_@/'
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

the ego again... omg.... when theres nothing more to FUD, so lets talk about some EGOshit........ sincerely??? .......

The attempts at FUDing VRC are terrible. So far we've had people trying to say it's a scam for no logical reason, and others complaining that the developer is too passionate.

It's actually pretty hilarious :-D

+1!

I just see all of it as more reason to assume this coin has something that intimidates these folks.

As long as the developers don't delete any post and allow people to express their opinions, I'm good. The dev has an ego problem but it could be much MUCH worse. Hoping you guys deliver.

Cheers,
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

I'm not making a stance if this coin is going up or down. I just don't like the huge head the dev has on himself so I don't support it. I am not here to get rich, I have enough and support advances to cryptotechnology. Hence why I used to really like this coin.

Anyone else notice the announcements about futures developments constantly? How about just wait a few days and announce it when it's done rather than hyping it up? Too much hype means price inflation. Let the code speak for itself. These guys think they are the smartest people in the world, I have yet to see anything to back that up.

Hey, it's cool that I've got someone who trolls me already. I guess that's good news. I'm not sure if you've been paying attention, but VeriCoin was attacked by both CRY and CLOAK first (the CRY dev and Iconic Expert). So of course it was fun telling the Cloak guys they could buy some cheap VRC.

We don't think we're smarter than everyone else in the world though we do have one of the most elite programmers on our team (Dev3) in the world. Whatever code Effects and I can't get working our wonderful Dev3 can. Also, if you haven't noticed we announced and launched VeriSMS within a week of its announcement.

We pride ourselves on our openness and our ability to follow through. My primary issue with your statement is that you think I want attention, etc. but in reality the other VRC devs asked me to be the frontman because I'm the most adept with social media.

Anyway, just watch. You can think I'm full of myself. I think if I were highly egotistical I would have used twitter before we launched VeriCoin.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:25:05 PM

I'm not making a stance if this coin is going up or down. I just don't like the huge head the dev has on himself so I don't support it. I am not here to get rich, I have enough and support advances to cryptotechnology. Hence why I used to really like this coin.

Anyone else notice the announcements about futures developments constantly? How about just wait a few days and announce it when it's done rather than hyping it up? Too much hype means price inflation. Let the code speak for itself. These guys think they are the smartest people in the world, I have yet to see anything to back that up.

Hey, it's cool that I've got someone who trolls me already. I guess that's good news. I'm not sure if you've been paying attention, but VeriCoin was attacked by both CRY and CLOAK first (the CRY dev and Iconic Expert). So of course it was fun telling the Cloak guys they could buy some cheap VRC.

We don't think we're smarter than everyone else in the world though we do have one of the most elite programmers on our team (Dev3) in the world. Whatever code Effects and I can't get working our wonderful Dev3 can. Also, if you haven't noticed we announced and launched VeriSMS within a week of its announcement.

We pride ourselves on our openness and our ability to follow through. My primary issue with your statement is that you think I want attention, etc. but in reality the other VRC devs asked me to be the frontman because I'm the most adept with social media.

Anyway, just watch. You can think I'm full of myself. I think if I were highly egotistical I would have used twitter before we launched VeriCoin.

I saw you say on twitter that you guarantee your code is better than everyone else's. That is extremely egotistical and false. It is something that is not possible for you to know.

Claiming to have on of the most elite programmers in the world is just your opinion and comes across as egotistical. I am not here to argue with you but just stating my opinion. Let's stay away from calling people names, etc.?

I never said you wanted attention, that is a false assumption that you made. I said you had a huge ego and I am doing this to help you improve your situation.

cheers,
saberu

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:31:05 PM

Thanks guys and gals.

MOON!

We urgently need pictures of moons, rockets and coin_smithe to post his famous yacht pictures which put our thread apart and above all the other moon/rocket threads on the announce forum.

We must now pride ourselves as the PROUDEST bagholders on Bitcointalk.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
pnosker

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

I saw you say on twitter that you guarantee your code is better than everyone else's. That is extremely egotistical and false. It is something that is not possible for you to know.

Claiming to have on of the most elite programmers in the world is just your opinion and comes across as egotistical. I am not here to argue with you but just stating my opinion. Let's stay away from calling people names, etc.?

I never said you wanted attention, that is a false assumption that you made. I said you had a huge ego and I am doing this to help you improve your situation.

cheers,

Thanks for your concern. I'm not a perfect person and I'll consider your opinion. Anyway it was mostly a reaction to the public attacks from two other coin groups. Dev3 is one of the most elite programmers. When he's at BTC Chicago with us you will see why I'm saying that now... the guy has written a lot of code that a top software company has published.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

cheers,

First, the appropriate word would be "egocentric", not "egotistical", that have quite a different meaning and nothing to do with the intended purpose.

What "kryptologist" say is true, regarding the code, if in fact you issued such a "guarantee", which is plain stupid, big head or no big head. Just plain stupid. And, of course, untrue. It is also true his comment about your statement regarding the "elite programmers" and Dev3. Where is the official ranking that determines that elite? Just because you own a Ford and love it it doesn't mean it is at the same level than BMW, you know?

In any case, you being the appointed "front man", should be much more careful in your verbiage because it is written, forever, so it is important what you choose to say.

Talking about which, perhaps some more hype wouldn't hurt the coin at all, pricewise or volume-wise. We are now on a long-standing (by crypto standards, that is) in which the price is quite stagnant and only tilting down. In spite of what you just announced. It seems that not attaching an estimated date of delivery works rather negatively. Just as a suggestion, to avoid what you perceive mistakes of the past, I would set a generous ETA, much rather than a convenient -for you and your elite programmers, no one else- "we'll announce it when it's ready". It would be a very nice pattern to establish, making announcements of features, with ETA, that are constantly beaten. It's called, in the financial world, "under-promise and over-deliver". And it works like magic.

You should try it.
pnosker

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:03:45 PM

cheers,

First, the appropriate word would be "egocentric", not "egotistical", that have quite a different meaning and nothing to do with the intended purpose.

What "kryptologist" say is true, regarding the code, if in fact you issued such a "guarantee", which is plain stupid, big head or no big head. Just plain stupid. And, of course, untrue. It is also true his comment about your statement regarding the "elite programmers" and Dev3. Where is the official ranking that determines that elite? Just because you own a Ford and love it it doesn't mean it is at the same level than BMW, you know?

In any case, you being the appointed "front man", should be much more careful in your verbiage because it is written, forever, so it is important what you choose to say.

Talking about which, perhaps some more hype wouldn't hurt the coin at all, pricewise or volume-wise. We are now on a long-standing (by crypto standards, that is) in which the price is quite stagnant and only tilting down. In spite of what you just announced. It seems that not attaching an estimated date of delivery works rather negatively. Just as a suggestion, to avoid what you perceive mistakes of the past, I would set a generous ETA, much rather than a convenient -for you and your elite programmers, no one else- "we'll announce it when it's ready". It would be a very nice pattern to establish, making announcements of features, with ETA, that are constantly beaten. It's called, in the financial world, "under-promise and over-deliver". And it works like magic.

You should try it.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. My apologies on the word choice. I'm honestly not concerned about the price as I'm not selling mine anytime soon. I believe it will rise when people see VeriCoin's utility. The mistake in the past that we are trying to stay away from is people holding coin until a release and then dumping once it's delivered.

sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:10:13 PM

You should try it.

Really?

What you and kryptologist is saying is false, untrue, probably agenda from your team to get even more cheap coins. Buy it at this price, or go seek another "great" coin.

When pnosker says about elite, we know he means it and of course he already did bring the elite, like D. K. to look the code, and we know that man is the elite of the elite.
So we are confident and believe, that pnosker is true of his words. Because he already did it and prove it a few times.

We wish all the best some groups attacking this coin, to get it more cheap, or to pump or protect own coin, because they are scared shitless of Vericoin . But this community will not allow it.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:11:40 PM

cheers,

You should try it.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. My apologies on the word choice. I'm honestly not concerned about the price as I'm not selling mine anytime soon. I believe it will rise when people see VeriCoin's utility. The mistake in the past that we are trying to stay away from is people holding coin until a release and then dumping once it's delivered.

Let's break apart the egotistical claim

e·go·tis·ti·cal
ˌēgəˈtistikəl/
adjective
adjective: egotistic; adjective: egotistical

excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered.
    "he's selfish, egotistical, and arrogant"
    synonyms:   self-centered, selfish, egocentric, egomaniacal, self-interested, self-seeking, self-absorbed, narcissistic, vain, conceited, self-important; More

I'd like to focus on the self-interested part of the definition. I'd argue that the claim that the code will be better than anyone else's is based on the skill of the team, not on pnosker's personal skill. If he was the only developer on this coin I agree it would seem somewhat self-aggrandizing to shout "I have the best code!!1". To me it just came off as being excited in the team and confidence that the team would produce something remarkable. It is probably justified based off of the friends that pnosker has such as Dan Kaminsky. If it were anonymous coin dev #101,321 I'd roll my eyes, but in this case I don't mind it.

I think Barabbas has a good point about setting a generous ETA that you think you can beat. I think it's ok to allow hype to build up. For better or worse the best promotional tool in crypto is a rising price. Some of the holders of this coin are really sweet, honest folk but they also have a lot on the line. Some of them have an uncomfortable amount of money on the line. It might put them at ease if they could at least have some idea of when things are expected rather than biting their nails in anticipation.

Also, I don't think the price tanked just because of the "buy the rumor, sell the news" effect. There are multiple factors at play here. I'll list them in order of importance below:
  • Bitcoin price began floundering earlier this week which has hit the whole alt market, not just this coin.
  • For better or worse, there is a perception in the community right now that the anon is the killer app. SMS in my opinion will drive investment from actual business investors, but anon is the hype feature. The fact that it is floating around with no ETA is whale bait that they are using to seed uncertainty and cause smaller holders to get scared and jump ship.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

I get why you say you don't care about price. But you should. 

Price is a proxy for the coin's reputation, and if it goes too low for too long, it won't matter what you do.  It will be dead, and it will stay dead.  Right or wrong, that's how alts work.

This isn't just an engineering exercise, it's a business venture.  And marketing and reputation matter.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:25:17 PM

cheers,

You should try it.

Let's break apart the egotistical claim

e·go·tis·ti·cal
ˌēgəˈtistikəl/
adjective
adjective: egotistic; adjective: egotistical

excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered.
    "he's selfish, egotistical, and arrogant"
    synonyms:   self-centered, selfish, egocentric, egomaniacal, self-interested, self-seeking, self-absorbed, narcissistic, vain, conceited, self-important; More

I'd like to focus on the self-interested part of the definition. I'd argue that the claim that the code will be better than anyone else's is based on the skill of the team, not on pnosker's personal skill. If he was the only developer on this coin I agree it would seem somewhat self-aggrandizing to shout "I have the best code!!1". To me it just came off as being excited in the team and confidence that the team would produce something remarkable. It is probably justified based off of the friends that pnosker has such as Dan Kaminsky. If it were anonymous coin dev #101,321 I'd roll my eyes, but in this case I don't mind it.

I think Barabbas has a good point about setting a generous ETA that you think you can beat. I think it's ok to allow hype to build up. For better or worse the best promotional tool in crypto is a rising price. Some of the holders of this coin are really sweet, honest folk but they also have a lot on the line. Some of them have an uncomfortable amount of money on the line. It might put them at ease if they could at least have some idea of when things are expected rather than biting their nails in anticipation.

Also, I don't think the price tanked just because of the "buy the rumor, sell the news" effect. There are multiple factors at play here. I'll list them in order of importance below:
  • Bitcoin price began floundering earlier this week which has hit the whole alt market, not just this coin.
  • For better or worse, there is a perception in the community right now that the anon is the killer app. SMS in my opinion will drive investment from actual business investors, but anon is the hype feature. The fact that it is floating around with no ETA is whale bait that they are using to seed uncertainty and cause smaller holders to get scared and jump ship.

I agree 100%.

The only problem with hype arises from inability to deliver on the promises. But it is VERY important, in my opinion, that the buzz continues for a new coin like this to reach the prominence it may end up deserving... and it is not even close to there yet. Why not hyping Verisend. If you estimate that you will have it ready, or ready for public testing, in a week, why not announce an ETA of 10 days, giving you that way the margin in case delays occur? If those delays don't occur, you will over-deliver and the buzz will be enormous. Much more so if you begin to establish a pattern of over-delivery (that also applies to additional features that you may want to include along with Verisend).

You, pnosker, say you don't care about the price. But you should. And, actually, you do. Because just after affirming such, on the next phrase, you admit to having decided in this misguided (my opinion) policy, you point out that the reason for it is to try to avoid the dumpings of the past. Well, you cannot avoid the most usual practice by daytraders on any market: Buy the rumor sell the news. Nor should you concern yourself about that at all. The market will do what the market will do, but the obligation of a media front man is to keep the product alive and buzzing in the media. That, you can control and should promote -along with the entire community-; the market you can't.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:32:03 PM

OMG personal attacks on pnosker, because fuders can't fud quality and devotion of vericoin/team.

About media as i understand, already in progress to hire a company from Bristol to do that.

Pnosker is more than enough, to handle kindergarten BCT forum.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:44:40 PM

VRC is still a solid coin. Trade volume is down, but that is down for other coins as well. There is ebb and flow, sometimes VRC may move down in trade volume, but it can go back up just as easily. VRC has immense value and time will prove this. Hold, don't sell. It's like getting Bitcoin at the bottom.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

Quit watching the Bitcoin price, quit watching the Vericoin price, and just go enjoy Father's day weekend with your family or friends. Pull your coins off the exchange and stake them, kick back and sip a brew, because when the Bitcoin price comes back up, and the Verisend is released, expect to enter the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

Just imagine your future yacht!

Cool
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:03:27 PM

Wow, powerful imagery...
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

I want one. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: