Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.8 btc transaction fee paid, help please. Final update: REFUNDED by GHash.IO!  (Read 10197 times)
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 08:49:07 PM

wait 2.8 btc in fee?

Thats so wrong... wtf..

No, you are allowed to change the Transaction fee to whatever you'd like.

@OP hope you can get your coins back.. I've never made that mistake, just read the payment over before Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caiomsbr

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:58:35 PM

I'm the one who that payment was directed to and the owner of that wallet... I'm willing to help the sender as much as I can.. I really hope he can have his coins back, otherwise insert your wallet here for donations and I'll donate 0.01 btc myself.. Im pretty sure you won't have those 2.8 BTC from donations, but certainly you'd feel the community backs you up!

Caio
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:02:34 AM

Yes, they are, since mining fees are paid out to miners on Ghash, so yes, they would be taking their money.

There's a lot of room for debate on that one.

Would GHash be taking money that belongs to the miners to pay back btcxchg?

Or would the miners be taking money that belongs to btcxchg if GHash pays them with these funds?

On the one hand you could say that once it is sent, it belongs to the receiver regardless of intent.

On the other hand, some could argue that an accidental payment to an unintended recipient carries a moral, ethical (and possibly? legal) requirement to return the payment to the sender.

In my case with GHash.IO, my transaction fee (about BTC2.6) was distributed to the miners immediately after hitting the block, so instead of retrieving that balance from the miners, which the support person I contacted said was impossible, he forwarded my case to a supervisor who was able to pay me back the fee from GHash.IO's own funds.

Good luck to you Smiley
btcxchg (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:57:37 AM

Yes, they are, since mining fees are paid out to miners on Ghash, so yes, they would be taking their money.

Or would the miners be taking money that belongs to btcxchg if GHash pays them with these funds?

On the one hand you could say that once it is sent, it belongs to the receiver regardless of intent.

On the other hand, some could argue that an accidental payment to an unintended recipient carries a moral, ethical (and possibly? legal) requirement to return the payment to the sender.

In my case with GHash.IO, my transaction fee (about BTC2.6) was distributed to the miners immediately after hitting the block, so instead of retrieving that balance from the miners, which the support person I contacted said was impossible, he forwarded my case to a supervisor who was able to pay me back the fee from GHash.IO's own funds.

Good luck to you Smiley

Great!

How long it happened?
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:08:32 AM

Good luck to you Smiley

Great!

How long it happened?

I made my own mistake on Dec. 9th, 2013. So not that long ago.
mayacoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:11:48 AM

Good luck to you
SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:37:13 AM

Hi community,
I have made the worst mistake of my life and I am here asking for help of any kind.

A couple of hours ago I was selling 2.8 bitcoins to a guy and made the mistake in the blockchain.info wallet of fill the fields of bitcoins amount and transaction fee inverted. The result is a transaction of 0.0003 btcs with a fee of 2.8 btcs.

This is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/es/tx/80477c3a1129cb81bc783d483999b0fa307c3f3398ce5b783475eac36b3bb0e0

GHash.IO found that block, I have the hope they could understand the situation and help me returning some bitcoins.

Those where the savings for live a couple of months.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I mine at Ghash and I can see block 299885 with your 2.8BTC added. Regardless of what CEX do (and its a tough scenario for them) post your wallet address and I will send you the 'extra' reward I got from that block. It is a tiny amount for me, but its not mine and your error is genuine and easily done.

Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:53:36 AM

Good luck to you Smiley

Great!

How long it happened?

Ouch that was right before the peak too at a USD equivalent of 900 dollars!
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:23:24 AM

Only recourse is to get in tuch with the mining pool operator
Not obligated to refund you, mind
Good luck

Tammy Chan

Activity: 820

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:56:44 AM

Good luck to you Smiley

Wow, that is really nice.
Though I am not a fan of cex.io and ghash.io, I am pretty impressed to see they are willing to pay you from their own pocket. Smiley

Good luck OP. Smiley

Injust
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:44:51 PM

Good luck to you Smiley

Great!

How long it happened?

Ouch that was right before the peak too at a USD equivalent of 900 dollars!

Yeah, would have been a pretty large loss for me, lucky that GHash.IO was able to refund me.

To OP, just saying, it might take more than a week, because in my case, it had to be escalated from normal support to a supervisor who then had to contact the CFO. Be patient Smiley
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

Let us know when you have received your money from Ghash. I'm sure this sort of thing happens often

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
btcxchg (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:03:26 AM

Hi community,
I have made the worst mistake of my life and I am here asking for help of any kind.

A couple of hours ago I was selling 2.8 bitcoins to a guy and made the mistake in the blockchain.info wallet of fill the fields of bitcoins amount and transaction fee inverted. The result is a transaction of 0.0003 btcs with a fee of 2.8 btcs.

This is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/es/tx/80477c3a1129cb81bc783d483999b0fa307c3f3398ce5b783475eac36b3bb0e0

GHash.IO found that block, I have the hope they could understand the situation and help me returning some bitcoins.

Those where the savings for live a couple of months.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I mine at Ghash and I can see block 299885 with your 2.8BTC added. Regardless of what CEX do (and its a tough scenario for them) post your wallet address and I will send you the 'extra' reward I got from that block. It is a tiny amount for me, but its not mine and your error is genuine and easily done.

Thanks!

Now this ticket was forwarded to the tech area.
If that not progress I will post the wallet to ask for the help of the miners of GHash.IO.

dumbdragon

Activity: 588
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:42:02 AM

2.8 in fees of transaction, is that even possible?

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:50:15 AM

Yes, it is.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:43:32 AM

I've seen larger.  Much larger.

I've seen accidental transaction fees larger than 100 BTC.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:46:22 AM

Injust
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:59:23 AM

Largest fee I think I've ever seen is BTC171.79869184, TXID 1d7749c65c90c32f5e2c036217a2574f3f4403da39174626b246eefa620b58d9.
Poor guy Tongue
Harlbatr

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:52:03 AM

Huge mistake man, i hope you will get back your BTC.
icet208

Activity: 762

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:48:29 AM

did you cantact GHash.IO? what did they say?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: