Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation members are resigning!  (Read 8318 times)
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:55:20 AM

I wish I could change my avatar image.  Embarrassed

From profile settings.
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Sig updated..  Embarrassed

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:00:55 AM

I wish I could change my avatar image.  Embarrassed

From profile settings.
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Sig updated..  Embarrassed

Nice sig. I just wish the EFF didn't come up so often during my searches unrelated to them, for it makes me want to did deeper, and I'm not quite ready for that rabbit hole if one exist.
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:52:46 AM

I can't believe anyone would be a member in the first place. Who the hell thought a foundation claiming to represent a decentralized currency was a good idea?

And the best part of course, you have to pay money to join! They even have a "Platinum: $100,000" option.  What a blatant money-making scheme. Can we just stop mentioning this stupid, pointless organization and let it die?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

I can't believe anyone would be a member in the first place. Who the hell thought a foundation claiming to represent a decentralized currency was a good idea?

And the best part of course, you have to pay money to join! They even have a "Platinum: $100,000" option.  What a blatant money-making scheme. Can we just stop mentioning this stupid, pointless organization and let it die?

Could not put if better myself, let this pointless "foundation" die. They do not represent the bitcoin community at all, any "company or foundation" can, they are not special, and most members of the foundation are money grabbers. You are stupid if you pay to be a member of this foundation, they will do nothing but damage bitcoin.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:03:27 AM

This exactly is the key point! That's the reason I rejected it from the very beginning.

It's not only about some shady charactors being at its board. It's the structure that makes it dangerous, because it is a centralized gateway for political influence on the bitcoin protocol from within and from outside TBF.
What makes it worse is that the TBF mission goal is to lobby (= bootlick) for bitcoin by embracing "regulation" (= jeopardizing the decentralized nature of bitcoin) to please governmental crooks.

If some kind of "bitcoin foundation" existed it should be anonymous, decentralized and apolitical with the only goal to collect funds for bitcoin protocol development. But for this purpose no foundation is needed. Developers could just post a donation address.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:03:56 PM

If some kind of "bitcoin foundation" existed it should be anonymous, decentralized and apolitical with the only goal to collect funds for bitcoin protocol development. But for this purpose no foundation is needed. Developers could just post a donation address.

This has been my opinion for a while. The developers could at least provide this as an alternative option to paying for Bitcoin Foundation stuff.

A single multi-sig address, with a key from each full time core developer, would be ideal. Then they could come up with the number of minimum number of signatures to spend for themselves, and decide who gets what money and why for themselves. I suspect spending on things like permanent offices and full-time secretaries would get little consensus until they were sitting on a huge war chest.

Vires in numeris
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:30:30 PM

This has been my opinion for a while. The developers could at least provide this as an alternative option to paying for Bitcoin Foundation stuff.

A single multi-sig address, with a key from each full time core developer, would be ideal. Then they could come up with the number of minimum number of signatures to spend for themselves, and decide who gets what money and why for themselves. I suspect spending on things like permanent offices and full-time secretaries would get little consensus until they were sitting on a huge war chest.

I like this idea.  We should explore it more.   Maybe a separate thread?  A github?  This is after all an open source community.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:38:26 PM

bitcoin foundation is only a slogan, if they dont do good for bitcoin, they doesn't matter
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:56:51 PM

bitcoin foundation is only a slogan, if they dont do good for bitcoin, they doesn't matter

That is naive and short sited.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

that slogan just made them shit load of monayyyyyy Cheesy
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

I'm sure our overlords in Washington will do a good job coming up with their own laws. Who needs a foundation? I say we stop fighting for our rights and go with whatever reqirements regulators and banking lobbyists come up with.  Oh yes, the banking industry is not going to stop lobbying for their interests. They will dominate the discussion and get whatever they can get away with.
If I were a bank I would re-double my efforts right now and preclude any talk of bitcoin ATMs or selling/buying bitcoin without an expensive trade license. I would also go after your ISP for allowing bitcoin to exist on their network. You know, to keep the terrorists at bay. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

I'm sure our overlords in Washington will do a good job coming up with their own laws. Who needs a foundation? I say we stop fighting for our rights and go with whatever reqirements regulators and banking lobbyists come up with.  Oh yes, the banking industry is not going to stop lobbying for their interests. They will dominate the discussion and get whatever they can get away with.
If I were a bank I would re-double my efforts right now and preclude any talk of bitcoin ATMs or selling/buying bitcoin without an expensive trade license. I would also go after your ISP for allowing bitcoin to exist on their network. You know, to keep the terrorists at bay. 

I see the light.  Only the mighty Foundation stands between bitcoin cryptocurrency freedom and Orwellian doom.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:38:56 PM

I see the light.  Only the mighty Foundation stands between bitcoin cryptocurrency freedom and Orwellian doom.

Almost. Only WE stand between these things. You and me fellow peer. Hey we should organize a fight! We could start some kind of.... Oh, I don't know... a foundation or something.  Cheesy

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:51:28 PM

@rodeoX are you part of TBF?!
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:27:00 PM

I am. I don't hold a seat or anything. But there needs to be an org to talk to lawmakers and the people who work hard there (different than the celebs) are making a difference at a very high level. People like Patrick Murck, Brian Gross, Elizabeth Plowshay, Jim Harper, Jinyoung Englund, and others.

People here seem to love to play the victim and fight all power. Even when that power is acting on their behalf. I think we are at a critical moment in the fight for our economic future and our bitcoin rights. Banks and other players are making there moves in a sensible organized way. While we bitch at each other and spew ridiculous conspiracy theories. That sort of thing is not going to get you anywhere with regulators.

I am open to other groups or efforts. The foundation could be one of may prongs. But ranting to the quire on a random internet forum produces nothing of value; except the value they provide bank lobbyist.  Undecided

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:23:03 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 07:15:34 PM by hdbuck

I am. I don't hold a seat or anything. But there needs to be an org to talk to lawmakers and the people who work hard there (different than the celebs) are making a difference at a very high level. People like Patrick Murck, Brian Gross, Elizabeth Plowshay, Jim Harper, Jinyoung Englund, and others.

People here seem to love to play the victim and fight all power. Even when that power is acting on their behalf. I think we are at a critical moment in the fight for our economic future and our bitcoin rights. Banks and other players are making there moves in a sensible organized way. While we bitch at each other and spew ridiculous conspiracy theories. That sort of thing is not going to get you anywhere with regulators.

I am open to other groups or efforts. The foundation could be one of may prongs. But ranting to the quire on a random internet forum produces nothing of value; except the value they provide bank lobbyist.  Undecided

yea i hear you, but still, TBF should be aware they're voicing for kinda anarchists-liberals people (bitcoiners) and technology, so they should therefore be careful with their actions because of being under constant scrutiny and pressure.
i mean, that Gox scandal when they still sent noobs to the doomed plateform, the lack of real schedule, plans and reports.. and now that peado being nominated. thats all terrible choices. even if unfounded. its very bad advertising for Bitcoin in general and they should have known better.
How would you want to address govs and layers if it remains shady aspects on your side?
Anyho, keep it up man. im sure not all TBF members are greedy incompetent scums that just happened to be there first Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:39:30 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation is collapsing amid a storm of controversy - an article by The Cryptocurrency Times http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/the-bitcoin-foundation-is-collapsing-amid-a-storm-of-controversy/
It is not collapsing. This article is invalid. If you look at the thread, many people have/are leaving TBF. I won't be posting in that thread, but leaving is the main option for me. Enough is enough. You can still find a few ignorant individuals who are ignoring all of this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:49:38 PM

For what it's worth, here's Brock's response to the claims: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHQuJR80mUY
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:03:01 PM

I am open to other groups or efforts. The foundation could be one of may prongs. But ranting to the quire on a random internet forum produces nothing of value; except the value they provide bank lobbyist.  Undecided

Who needs that? I do not. That's you who needs it, that's not "our" needs.

The foundation could not be "may prongs" or anything. Your organization is a shame to whoever speaks the bitcoin name around. The ordinary people, include the lawmakers, they read the news. They read about all the factual frauds and other crimes, including pedophilia, your organization with the bitcoin name is associated with. And so, they think we are all like the crooks from your organization.
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

Take a look at the Decentralized Union: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606463.0
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: