Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NFD is a scam  (Read 6040 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:13:59 AM

Can we do a real ipo and use the spreadsheet and other records to give everyone the coins they were supposed to get? We would need a developer or two.

In case scammed people are ready to pay a developer it's possible. Otherwise why would someone do it. I ivested 0.1 btc so I could spend another 0.1 btc for it. If everybody would do the same we can probably find dev.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:15:38 AM

Can we do a real ipo and use the spreadsheet and other records to give everyone the coins they were supposed to get? We would need a developer or two.

In case scammed people are ready to pay a developer it's possible. Otherwise why would someone do it. I ivested 0.1 btc so I could spend another 0.1 btc for it. If everybody would do the same we can probably find dev.

We could promise the dev 100 million coins and a very large community ready to go.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:16:24 AM

+1 For all the evil of this scam it did have a wide distribution, and NXT is open source. A community effort could still make this work, just need a dev.

Why not reduce everyone's stake to 90% and use the other 10% for a bounty. The NFD distribution is the best so far for NXT or any of the clones.

Good way to get some payback on the scammer too - his scam becomes a very successful NXT clone coin. He could have made a tidy sum doing the honest thing.

Good PR potential too - "scam victims reboot NXT clone"

edit: I mean pay everyone 90% of the stake they would have originally gotten. We just need to get the records of who paid what to which address
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

OH ,shit, it is a scam.
He even changed the escrow address from 1Dkh4oqMmXLavHV3Xms7bCDXnkaTMDnDB4 to 1Dkh4dS6CWCD7nMCa1mvfNoqCCnrBkX7nx now

So why not give us an extra sentence or 2 and a link to the thread so people have some clue what your accusation actually is ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580537.0
Conurtrol

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:19:28 AM

+1 For all the evil of this scam it did have a wide distribution, and NXT is open source. A community effort could still make this work, just need a dev.

Why not reduce everyone's stake to 90% and use the other 10% for a bounty. The NFD distribution is the best so far for NXT or any of the clones.

Good way to get some payback on the scammer too - his scam becomes a very successful NXT clone coin. He could have made a tidy sum doing the honest thing.

edit: I mean pay everyone 90% of the stake they would have originally gotten. We just need to get the records of who paid what to which address

Can we get the records? I noticed the spreadsheet is gone.
dgex_victim

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:21:35 AM

Great idea! 100% POS coins are all about the distribution, and NFD had a pretty good one. This could work!
brkb

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:25:18 AM

I can't wait for my FREE nfd coin. Why would you send anybody money?

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  
MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:25:54 AM

I had this idea too, but without ipo! see ANN NFDv2 Coin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603932.msg6661361

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:26:33 AM

PhoenxtCoin - reborn from the scammer flames
Conurtrol

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

That's great! Are you capable of doing the technical work or do we need a developer?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

NFD?

Why not launch the coin?

You had a good thing going.

Yes, it's quick money. But now you have used your talents to run this scam 3 times now. You have been able to get a lot of people to believe in your ideas. Over and over again. Many of the devs out there (not all, read NOT all but alot) just wish they could get people to believe in their ideas. You have done it at least 3 times.

If you used your talents for GOOD instead of bad, you would be making much more money in the end, and a decent return in the short timeframe.

You are hurting this community. Plus, sooner or later, you will make a mistake and one of these guys is going to find you and publish who you are. Then, bad things will happen. In a few years. We will be here, looking back, thinking, ouch!!! Well, he deserved what he got.

I will be thinking, man, he could have been a successful dev, but now he's dead. You're going to fuck with the wrong person one of these days.

ME, I just see it as a cost of doing business. I could have used escrow, but I was too lazy. You got about 10% of what I made in the last 3 days around here. No big deal. Didn't really hurt me at all.

It is you that got screwed here. You may not know it yet. It may take awhile for you to understand. But believe me, it is you that is going to pay.

And everyone gets screwed, instead of everyone making money,
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:30:07 AM

Can we get the records? I noticed the spreadsheet is gone.

As long as we have the bitcoin & NXT addresses NFDcoin used for his IPO we can see all the payments sent on the blockchains of Bitcoin & NXT. It would take some work, and people would need to re-send their password hash & prove they were the original sender, but it is definitely possible to do.

Just need to find a developer and maybe a few people to try and re-create the IPO data.

PhoenxtCoin - that name works!!
Conurtrol

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:33:45 AM

These guys have the records and are going to lead the way: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603932.msg6661361
contraband

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

im freaking out here.. i used electrum to send to escrow but the addresses blockchain says my transactions came from arent in my wallet "receiving" addresses?

even though the addresses arent in my "receiving" addresses will they still find there way back to my wallet? could someone send the tiniest amount of btc possible to send to 1KoPYLSmZarbffdBXA84w9eM4MC2eGu9ka so i can see if it makes it back to my wallet? freakin out here! Sad sorry for begging but i have no other btc available to test it..?

Sell a couple sharecoin and send the btc??
contraband

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:35:56 AM

i still have it open i could copy and paste it here? also it wasnt updated in the last 20 mins half hour or so.. (half my investment wasnt included!)

Yes, copy it in case this ends up happening.

It's a good idea. I'd send it all again. The coin would be successful. Thats why its so stupid NFD did this.

Let's get this thing going.
MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:38:43 AM

That's great! Are you capable of doing the technical work or do we need a developer?

I studied computer science 15 years ago. Java is my favorite programming language. At my current work I do not program. I just manage things with technical background. I still see sometimes java code. It will take a little bit time to get it running. It depends onhow much I can focus on programming.

Help is appreciated!
Conurtrol

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:41:01 AM

I studied computer science 15 years ago. Java is my favorite programming language. At my current work I do not program. I just manage things with technical background. I still see sometimes java code. It will take a little bit time to get it running. It depends onhow much I can focus on programming.

Help is appreciated!

That's great. We should probably find you a helper or two. This is a great opportunity for someone young smart and hungry.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:43:02 AM

Does anyone still have the address that the scammer used? Or does anyone now how much was stolen? I'm writing an article about this.

Last numbers I remember:
1st category insignificant amount
2nd category ~14 Btc
3rd category ~17 Btc
4th category ~6 Btc

UPD:
2nd https://blockchain.info/address/1PZcNM5RxmkL6sKk2oHz8KwRPgGn6cwJGv

3rd https://blockchain.info/address/18baaPUeZKKBXp72XEWQqAhXmBiNz9AmZh

4th https://blockchain.info/address/1NM1vQFmtcttRqYqkFVHuUhunWRVgLqedB

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:48:29 AM

Does anyone still have the address that the scammer used? Or does anyone now how much was stolen? I'm writing an article about this.

Last numbers I remember:
2nd category ~14 Btc
3rd category ~17 Btc
4th category ~6 Btc

UPD:

Oh - you've got the addresses? All I have is the spreadsheet data. I was planning to go through the list and PM everyone on it about what happened and what we plan to do about it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:49:46 AM

Last numbers I remember:
2nd category ~14 Btc
3rd category ~17 Btc
4th category ~6 Btc

UPD:

Oh - you've got the addresses? All I have is the spreadsheet data. I was planning to go through the list and PM everyone on it about what happened and what we plan to do about it.

Browser history )

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: