Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NFDv2] - NFD Coin - Thread locked  (Read 209421 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:25:26 PM

Cool Cool Cool Cool       Cool Cool Cool Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

working like crazy on SuperNET and other stuff!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

Myself, I'm writing a user's guide for NFD. It's slow going, and I have to admit that I withdraw when I'm in writing mode, but I hope the result will be worth my "writer's silence." Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

MaWo (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:59:29 AM

At the moment I have many family responsibilities.
MaWo (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:55:25 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 12:27:29 AM by MaWo

In total 3868 NFD NSC assets transferred to 21 different accounts.

Code:
NFD-2U27-U3XW-NFL9-ABNR3	1001
NFD-54K9-EEHD-66FP-FKNCA 931
NFD-HJGQ-W4PY-YM3P-682XB 373
NFD-6TG6-NT24-SHSB-G4LNB 334
NFD-4JLG-2495-U2SM-DAEZQ 253
NFD-MXSL-RCHX-JZ5M-6AUZ2 222
NFD-KFKX-DP6F-8E4M-28T9Q 203
NFD-WZ6A-MJRT-F7FU-9X6N8 146
NFD-RN9N-3YB7-6HAN-BKDKV 130
NFD-WX8D-F38H-MWLM-9KP4Q 116
NFD-QNEN-T672-V9DS-7MUEP 42
NFD-N73B-VG2U-GLBA-63HJK 35
NFD-ZBMU-MW7Q-AJ6G-GT9GT 32
NFD-ZQAH-VEJ9-FVNK-B94RN 12
NFD-83UM-MYKZ-JGNC-7PBXM 10
NFD-UD7F-8AXC-LL8G-7SAKR 7
NFD-FZJ9-2E3X-2TAW-DUHP2 7
NFD-AARK-7F25-QPUW-DBUFM 6
NFD-7268-8XUF-BK6F-8HAS6 5
NFD-7PKG-UY33-8WPZ-CAZKG 2
NFD-T4MX-HYMV-2J6M-AR9KM 1
jackychan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

The future will be Digital

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:45:22 AM

WHY WE ARE SILENT Huh

MaWo (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:53:18 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:30:14 AM by MaWo

WHY WE ARE SILENT Huh

I have no new news.

Do you have a question or a new idea?
Do you like to take over a task of our project list?

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 06:31:09 PM

WHY WE ARE SILENT Huh

You can vote for NFD to be included in the in-game IRI exchange house here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827426.0;all

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

bitLeap

Activity: 1176
Merit: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:44:35 AM

I am always very impressed how well MaWo keeps up with the new releases.  Also he's doing a great job as NFD is quite stable!

What do you mean by "stable" isn't it trading at the min?

There have been some trades at 1 satoshi, true, but they've been low-volume. Atm, NFD normally trades at 2. Every now and then, a huge sell wall appears at 2 - like now - but that coincides with a huge exciting project being announced elsewhere. The last time a >2 BTC sell wall @2 appeared coincided with Supernet being announced. This time, coincided with Blocknet's announcement.

From what I've observed of the market, sells at 2 eventually get picked up. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience, but they do. 3 is a different story: there's a huge sell wall there; right now, the cloud over altcoins in general - except for exiting new projects - means that it's going to take a real "zing" to get it to 3 and above.

Also: the network itself is stable. Keeping up with Nxt does take a lot of work, and MaWo has put in a lot of work - albeit the under-the-radar kind. That's why NFD hasn't been fraught with the post-launch problems that have bedeviled a lot of altcoins.

thanks.

my thoughts... what if you guys create a not for profit foundation burn some of these coins with funds created from a ipo or something and start to invite more people to join the team.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:57:27 AM

Good to see the great support from devs.
Just noticed that BTER has added a new NFD/LTC market. Not good news. Sad
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:49:32 PM

why not? something I never thought about!
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:55:16 PM

my thoughts... what if you guys create a not for profit foundation burn some of these coins with funds created from a ipo or something and start to invite more people to join the team.

Thanks for your own thoughts. It's a good idea, and it's feasible in Canada (my home country.) A Canadian non-profit can have citizens of other countries on its board of directors. The wrinkle point is moving from a non-profit to a registered charity. The obvious good-work would be "education," but I think the Canadian tax authority wouldn't be that co-operative unless the charity offered free tutorials in NFD's programming languages: Java (for the server), HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript (for the client) and SQL (for the H2 database). The benefit would be in goodwill: students who learn these languages "from us" would be more likely than most to pitch in with NFD development.

You're absolutely right in that we need talent...I'm going to work on that once I finish the "Owner's Manual"...

bitLeap

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:31:16 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 07:07:39 AM by bitLeap

Thanks for your own thoughts. It's a good idea, and it's feasible in Canada (my home country.) A Canadian non-profit can have citizens of other countries on its board of directors. The wrinkle point is moving from a non-profit to a registered charity. The obvious good-work would be "education," but I think the Canadian tax authority wouldn't be that co-operative unless the charity offered free tutorials in NFD's programming languages: Java (for the server), HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript (for the client) and SQL (for the H2 database). The benefit would be in goodwill: students who learn these languages "from us" would be more likely than most to pitch in with NFD development.

You're absolutely right in that we need talent...I'm going to work on that once I finish the "Owner's Manual"...

So things look MUCH better than I thought. And you seem to have the gift with the bureaucratic part with all the writing and patience here hehe. New devs could be very interested to join the non-profit/charity as there would be more to NFD than just another alt coin option. From that you can learn lot's with www.Stellar.org, no need to reinvent the wheel just put it into practice. Maybe I don't know a new coin maybe NFD 2.0 with current holders allowed to sell their coins at a fair rate that the foundation could buy back or something like Startcoin did transferring to StartCoin 2.0 just a thought.
I see a big opportunity here due to the dedication you guys are putting into this project.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:01:03 PM

So things look MUCH better than I thought. And you seem to have the gift with the bureaucratic part with all the writing and patience here hehe. New devs could be very interested to join the non-profit/charity as there would be more to NFD than just another alt coin option. From that you can learn lot's with www.Stellar.org, no need to reinvent the wheel just put it into practice. Maybe I don't know a new coin maybe NFD 2.0 with current holders allowed to sell their coins at a fair rate that the foundation could buy back or something like Startcoin did transferring to StartCoin 2.0 just a thought.
I see a big opportunity here due to the dedication you guys are putting into this project.

Thanks. We could lever your idea of NFD becoming a betting coin - something like setting up a prediction market for stock averages, gold, etc. Someone else mentioned that idea earlier in the thread, but MaWo criticized the idea as being too centralized. One compromise would be centralized feed, but decentralized auditing (i.e., "Every NFDer His Own Auditor.")

MaWo (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:36:44 PM

Bter opened NFD/LTC market in early days of August.
bitLeap

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:41:22 PM

Thanks. We could lever your idea of NFD becoming a betting coin - something like setting up a prediction market for stock averages, gold, etc. Someone else mentioned that idea earlier in the thread, but MaWo criticized the idea as being too centralized. One compromise would be centralized feed, but decentralized auditing (i.e., "Every NFDer His Own Auditor.")

I'm not sure I had betting in mind but why not?! I think something like a futures market for commodities buying and selling having NFD as the conversion coin and also to convert to different coins would be like winning on the lottery for this project. But something has to be done with so many centralized coins in the hands of a few. imo one way or the other non-profit/charity would be the way to go.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:39:09 PM

After two days I have now noticed NFD blockchain is not downloading past block 85000.  Roll Eyes  I was using 1.1.4 so I get 1.2.9 from op but it cannot get it to run. it opens and closes.

What did I forget?

I got the first one to run, but that's a while ago..

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

After two days I have now noticed NFD blockchain is not downloading past block 85000.  Roll Eyes  I was using 1.1.4 so I get 1.2.9 from op but it cannot get it to run. it opens and closes.

What did I forget?

Try installing Java 8. That should fix it.

RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:34:44 PM

What did I forget?

Thanks. I did just that, rebooted but no change.

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:26:06 AM

What did I forget?

Thanks. I did just that, rebooted but no change.

Hmm...Could you try putting your client into the recycle bin, downloading it again, unzipping it and clicking the run file again?

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: