Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:35:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: it will reach $5000 before this year ends  (Read 4543 times)
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:28:50 PM

5k is a pipe dream right now
1k sustainably at year end would do pretty nicely
Adoption metrics more important than price right now

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

I read somewhere that an ETF would only be traded during business hours. Isn't that worse? Imagine the price dropping and people can't do anything till trading starts. I'd never buy btc like that.

Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

I really hope so, thats for sure.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

I read somewhere that an ETF would only be traded during business hours. Isn't that worse? Imagine the price dropping and people can't do anything till trading starts. I'd never buy btc like that.

In daytrading always end the day in a closed position.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:29:19 AM

Same with any commodity ETP.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:02:48 AM

The Winklevoss fund is about to be listed on NASDAQ. 
First of all, creating a new security can take many years. Second, there is no indication by the SEC that it'll be approved. Third, this is not actually adoption, because people buying this can't actually use any real bitcoins and be part of the bitcoin economy. It is only for price speculation, like a CFD.

Bitpay has a huge announcement coming soon.
an announcement about a future announcement about an unknown subject is not even worthy of discussion. that reminds me of mtgox...

Coinbase and Xapo have hinted that Mastercard is coming soon.
hinted?? and this news would hardly qualify as adoption. It will become slightly easier to use coinbase, which already exists - that's not a quantum leap in adoption

You must be so much fun at parties Smiley

I hear TERA is just as fun at parties as he is on here.
I sure would rather trust someone "fun at parties" for economic outlooks and financial advice than someone willing to face truths.

Well, then you should go back and read his old posts and predictions and see what came true.  He was just as bearish last year, telling people to sell at $200 because it was going back down right before it went to $1200.

But hey, trust whoever you like.  It's your money and your decision.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
fortif78

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:55:38 AM

Maybe not before the year ends, in fact probably not, but it's likely to go over $5000 at some point http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/the-past-and-future-of-bitcoins-price/

Didn't you just get done writing a ridiculously stupid post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604973.0

Why do you feel like after saying something like that, that you are now qualified to confidently make price calls like that.
Especially based on yet another bitcoinblog (opinion).. the lol's don't stop.
Posts lacking intelligent application of one's own personal research and knowledge seem to be a developing pet peeve of mine.

Grin

"In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king."
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:36:15 PM

As usual, the 5000 target is posted without any grounds, as an act of faith. It seems people think this is like a church, you just have to believe.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

The next few days will be crucial.

:]
UglyTroll

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:36:27 PM

The next few days will be crucial.

I've heard of this for many times  Grin
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:28:24 PM

Let it reach 1000, I will be happy with that Cheesy
Deviant1

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:44:51 PM

If anything I'd expect its price to drop from now based on the macro conditions / general recovery.

The increasing stability and lack of apparent adoption will drive short-term speculators keen for a quick $£€ away, causing the price drop.

I agree with you. I see even more price drops ahead, for the short term anyway.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:24:14 PM

Maybe not before the year ends, in fact probably not, but it's likely to go over $5000 at some point http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/the-past-and-future-of-bitcoins-price/

Didn't you just get done writing a ridiculously stupid post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604973.0

Why do you feel like after saying something like that, that you are now qualified to confidently make price calls like that.
Especially based on yet another bitcoinblog (opinion).. the lol's don't stop.
Posts lacking intelligent application of one's own personal research and knowledge seem to be a developing pet peeve of mine.

Grin
That post was a few days ago for the record. I bet if I bought some Bitcoin and held onto it for more than 10 minutes the price would collapse.

I speak for a large portion of the community when I plead with you to please do that! Seriously. Collapse it down to $100...thanks!

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:15:43 AM

if by the end of the year, it reaches $1,000 only.. it will be a historical anomaly. year to year, at least up to 2013, bitcoin has been strongly bullish. imo, if by year's end, it doesn't reach a new high.. people cannot blindly say "it's bound to head to the moon" anymore.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:25:49 AM

I Stay to see that happening with hands crossed

Meaning you already 100% invested in BTC?
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:15:20 PM

Actually, the side with NO on it has 2.88 and YES has 5.54 on it. The bet defaults to NO if BTC-e goes down. Despite that, more bitcoin has been placed on YES. 1 bitcoin placed on NO would return 2.17 bitcoin (1.17 profit) , assuming no more bets were placed after that.
http://bitbet.us/bet/716/btc-worth-over-5000-before-2015/?ref=11Q9Q69X5ByWksBYxyDYsHwKFqUUgeUSta9

Please use my affiliate link if I have helped you place a bet here (1% of your bet's value will bet will be sent to me, paid for by bitbet).
Much appreciated

Careful with that one, it's a double bet. If btc-e goes gox the bet resolves as a no whatever the price is. Primary reason I did not bet on it while I did bet on the 10k one.

Yeah I meant you get 2:1 betting on no Smiley I can see how it was totally unclear though!

I'm advertising how great it would be to bet on no right now!

Go on! do it!!!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Chuckee

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:20:21 AM

No it wont...It will reach $50,000!

To tha moon and beyond!!!

notice how all these accounts that were created specifically to pump the price have all since vanished? My guess is that they were on the Winklevoss payroll, but now that it seems that the ETF will be shot down, they've given up.
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:20:28 AM

I'll cut off my left nut if it hits 5K by the end of this year, that's how sure i am that it wont  Smiley
xanhbleih

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:35:33 AM

^ There's still time, so don't do anything stupid. Grin Who knows, maybe some good news await us: I hear at least one country is introducing a country wide digital currency at the end of the year (that could bring Bitcoin some more exposure), and maybe a couple other places accepting/planning to accept it might give the price a boost.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:40:08 AM

Looks like we'll be lucky if it hits 500 by years end.

This thread seems have made a lot of people look very foolish.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: