Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:52:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-currencies in 10 years  (Read 5716 times)
hamiltino (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:53:29 AM

Thoughts?

stacking coin
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:55:01 AM

I except to be able to pay at local shops with crypto. Also the people who have started now with Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin will be rich in 10 years. At least that is what I hope Smiley
hamiltino (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:06:24 PM

why do you think dogecoin and litecoin will still be relevant in 10 years, that sounds crazy to me.

stacking coin
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:09:09 PM

why do you think dogecoin and litecoin will still be relevant in 10 years, that sounds crazy to me.

dogecoin is dead already. its just no one has told the relatives yet and they are still holding on in hope that their dear dogecoin will come walking in with a bright smile on its face, filling the hole in their lives.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
makebitcoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:11:40 PM

Dogecoin is an at all time high and Litecoin has a pretty big market cap. Please tell me why Lite and Doge won't be relevant.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:13:48 PM

Dogecoin is an at all time high and Litecoin has a pretty big market cap. Please tell me why Lite and Doge won't be relevant.
Litecoin I doubt being relevant, it is bitcoin with a different name. Not got the best community, no real innovation, not even standing up to original claims.

Dogecoin I feel is more likely, just because of its community.

makebitcoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

I guess here is an argument against Litecoin: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools
They are closing in on a mining pool which has more then 51% of the mining.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:26:46 PM

lies
february 22: 0.00000214
may 11: 0.00000105

litecoin is still growing it is on par with bitcoin in 2012 (3 year old) it has projects still in the works.
dogecoin. apart from alot of hoarders and traders on unsecured exchanges (meaning not bitstamp or btc-e) i cannot see any innovation or methods to buy dogecoin direct. but you can deposit actual dollars into btc-e and buy litecoins. is used by actual merchants and there will be a litecoinlocal.com

so i would not put doge in the same category as bitcoin or litecoin

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:29:12 PM

I guess here is an argument against Litecoin: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools
They are closing in on a mining pool which has more then 51% of the mining.

a 51% hashrate just means the 'possibility' that the mining pool owner can inject nasty code and get accepted. it does not mean a guarantee of attack as the mining pool owner can easily be honourable, own 99% of hash power but never change the code and everything will be fine

nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:43:45 PM

The problem with doge is, it doesn't take itself seriously enough to be a commercial crypto. It could easily be replaced with another altcoin in the 'doesn't take itself too seriously' category. Litecoin will always be the 'silver' to Bitcoin, so it can't also replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the 'be all and end all'
makebitcoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:48:05 PM

lies
february 22: 0.00000214
may 11: 0.00000105

litecoin is still growing it is on par with bitcoin in 2012 (3 year old) it has projects still in the works.
dogecoin. apart from alot of hoarders and traders on unsecured exchanges (meaning not bitstamp or btc-e) i cannot see any innovation or methods to buy dogecoin direct. but you can deposit actual dollars into btc-e and buy litecoins. is used by actual merchants and there will be a litecoinlocal.com

so i would not put doge in the same category as bitcoin or litecoin

Excuse me, I thought it was at an all time high. Thank you for your input.
Schumacher

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:49:54 PM

There will be thousands and thousands of different cryptocurrencies and everyone will get tired of them
E-C.Guru

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:52:15 PM

In 10 years there are 0 cryptocurrencies. And over 10,000 E-currencies.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

All the junk coins will be gone and a few will remain.
E-C.Guru

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:43:15 PM

Ummyes, all shitcoins will be gone, ofcourse.

But there will be a new thing called PRIVATE e-currency. Opposed to public, as all are now. Will be used for big familys, companys and smaller ethnic groups living in another ethnic groups country.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

Dogecoin went viral as a meme...
And because of that, could have been
maybe successful.  But it became clear
(at least to me) that it is too inflationary.

Too many doges are created and will be
forever, which is why the price keeps
sinking.  (There is more supply than demand)

makebitcoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:09:08 PM

One advantage of Litecoin is faster confirmations. Some people might want and choose Litecoin over Bitcoin IMO.
nuff

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

But there will be a new thing called PRIVATE e-currency. Opposed to public, as all are now. Will be used for big familys, companys and smaller ethnic groups living in another ethnic groups country.

what good would private e-currency is it's decoupled from the rest of the world? it's like i gave monopoly money to all my family members, its value is worthless to the rest of the world
E-C.Guru

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:20:13 PM

what good would private e-currency is it's decoupled from the rest of the world? it's like i gave monopoly money to all my family members, its value is worthless to the rest of the world

Is it? I think not. As long as the family/group is expanding it's very worthFULL. Also great as store of value.
nuff

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

Something is only worth as much as everyone agrees it's worth as much. I can declare that my $1 monopoly money is worth USD1000, but, would the rest of the world pay USD1000 for my $1 monopoly dollar?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: