Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:16:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Ƀ][BBTC] BlakeBitcoin | Blake-256 | GPU| Merged Mined | 21Mil | No Premine  (Read 31596 times)
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:01:32 PM

Note on Pools:
ELT balance will be paid once they pass 480 maturity slight bug that it will show cleared sooner due to main chain of 140 I am working on a patch, just a heads up on that issue

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:31:42 PM

Mining Rig Rentals is the first (to my knowledge) rig rental site to support Blake-256!

Renters:

• Make rental choices based on "actual" hash rate. Their system tracks the past 24 hour hash rate with a moving average.
  • Backup pools! Have you ever found yourself trying to be ready for a coin launch only to find out your first pool choice isn't up and running? Their system takes care of that, by letting you set up 5 pools in a fail over.
  • Backup pools! Have you ever found yourself trying to be ready for a coin launch only to find out your first pool choice isn't up and running? Their system takes care of that, by letting you set up 5 pools in a fail over.

Rig owners:

• Website pool manager. Their system allows you to change what pool your miner is connected to right from the website. Allows 5 pools to be configured with fail over.
  • Hash rate graphs!
  • Algorithm choices include: Scrypt, Scrypt-N, x11, SHA-256, SHA3, and now Blake-256!
  • There is no fee to use the site/service for the miner controls or hash rate graphs. You never have to list your rig for rent if you don't want to.

Not sure about the whole "renting thing?" No problem, it's 100% free to list your rig with their service and the backup pools/hashrate graphs are completely on the house. If you decide to try leasing your rig in the future, you will already be setup.

They have lots of website/interface improvements in the pipeline, with a very active development team.

Still have questions? Drop by irc.freenode.com and join #miningrigrentals All suggestions are welcome.

If you found this information useful, please sign up using my referral page: http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=28
RubixRex

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:32:48 PM

Any plans for more exchanges?  I can't stand AtomicTrade.....
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 10:46:24 PM

So tell us (please be specific) what exchanges you do like and the reasons you like them ?

What features and benefits do they offer ?

I would also like to hear why you dislike Atomic Trade.

Please detail the specific reasons you 'can't stand' them.

Educate us.

Finally, instead of asking coin developers what 'their' plans are , if you are holder in the coin..... what are your plans ?

For any coin , right up to bitcoin it is nothing without people who mine it and place trust in it.

Once any coin has enough support every exchange will add it since there is true demand from many people to purchase it.

These are the qualities that provide any true value.

Coin developers who bribe exchanges and buy and sell the same few coins to two of their own accounts all day on those exchanges to create the perception that something is actually going on are usually out to screw the people who mined their coin. 

I have seen it happen so many times I lost count. 

Finally, maybe you would not mind sharing with us if your plans are to purchase this coin or to sell coins you own.

I can't wait to hear the answers.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:21:25 PM

If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.
http://coinwik.org/Blakecoin
QuadraQ

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:46:49 PM

So tell us (please be specific) what exchanges you do like and the reasons you like them ?

Educate us.

AtomicTrade is better than nothing in my opinion, but it's a small exchange that's not well known. Bittrex and Poloniex are sort of medium exchanges that still do a lot of volume. They both seem to be much quicker to pick up new coins that MintPal and Cryptsy, but are still well known and trusted enough that large volumes of transactions can occur there. Also for those who use online Portfolio's to keep track of their coins, AtomicTrade isn't tied in to most of those services making it very difficult to see how our investment in PoW is doing at a glance.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:48:57 AM

The 2 exchanges you mention certainly have more coins and volume than Atomic Trade but niether offer usd/btc

I would think that is an important thing for many people (it is available for verified accounts regular trade requires no verification)

I have nothing against the other two .... Bittrex does trade 3 of 5 coins in the Blake Ecosystem currently

As for Poliniex they are offering ipo coins before they are mined !!

That to me crosses the line a bit. It is there business and they can do as they please.

At least you have some logic behind your statement while the other person who made comments in a negative light on Atomic had no valid reason to do so. 

I would like to see the coins in the Blake Ecosystem available on many exchanges for the sake of popularity.

Remember we are only 1 month into merged mining and not an entire month of all 5 coins.

This project is just in it's early stages.  These things will come in time as more users demand /provide the trade volume necessary for other exchanges to list and keep the coins listed. 

While I admire Bittrex for it's aggressive moves it has made lately it also is quick to delist coins that fail to meet minimum trade volume.

As a developer I would rather see my coin not listed at all then to be listed for a few weeks then taken out because 100 new coin launches took place since my coin was added.  They are doing well with their business model and I think anything that can break the 'juice' that places like Mintpal and Cryptsy require to list a coin is a step in the right direction. 

Please be patient.  Also consider holding some of the coins in the Blake 256 family vs. exchanging them for btc !!

There are many long term projects in the works for the coins in the blake 256 ecosystem. 

I personally have plans for Photon which I am just starting to put together and negotiate now.

I cannot promise when or what will be available but I designed Photon as it is to be impossible for people to manipulate the price of ....

I wanted a coin with enough to go around for everyone. 

Design of a coin to 'build value' without building a world wide user supported and secure blockchain and some reall world applications is not true value.

It took bitcoin years to reach where it is at.  Even litecoin is far far behind ...... these things may take time but may be rewarding in the end.

All feedback is appreciated when you state facts or reasons for your opinion. 

Educate us.

AtomicTrade is better than nothing in my opinion, but it's a small exchange that's not well known. Bittrex and Poloniex are sort of medium exchanges that still do a lot of volume. They both seem to be much quicker to pick up new coins that MintPal and Cryptsy, but are still well known and trusted enough that large volumes of transactions can occur there. Also for those who use online Portfolio's to keep track of their coins, AtomicTrade isn't tied in to most of those services making it very difficult to see how our investment in PoW is doing at a glance.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:14:36 PM

The owner of Atomic Trade Exchange (Byron) will be *LIVE* on Skype video chatting today @ 1 pm EST info@atomic-trade.com    Feel free to stop by and ask any questions you like.   

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
QuadraQ

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:28:39 PM

I would like to see the coins in the Blake Ecosystem available on many exchanges for the sake of popularity.

Remember we are only 1 month into merged mining and not an entire month of all 5 coins.

This project is just in it's early stages.  These things will come in time as more users demand /provide the trade volume necessary for other exchanges to list and keep the coins listed. 

While I admire Bittrex for it's aggressive moves it has made lately it also is quick to delist coins that fail to meet minimum trade volume.

As a developer I would rather see my coin not listed at all then to be listed for a few weeks then taken out because 100 new coin launches took place since my coin was added.  They are doing well with their business model and I think anything that can break the 'juice' that places like Mintpal and Cryptsy require to list a coin is a step in the right direction. 

Please be patient.  Also consider holding some of the coins in the Blake 256 family vs. exchanging them for btc !!

There are many long term projects in the works for the coins in the blake 256 ecosystem. 

All feedback is appreciated when you state facts or reasons for your opinion. 

I completely agree - in fact that's why I think we need more exchanges. Like it or not people get comfortable with their exchanges of choice and it can be a hard sell to get them to use an exchange they aren't familiar with and don't yet trust. And I haven't sold a single Blake - 256 coin I've mined yet! I'm in this for the long haul.

That said many people don't mine they only buy on exchanges, and exchanges are the ONLY places that provide a value for coins in the very early stages of their lives. As a miner/investor/trader I like to be able to track the value of what I have, and small exchanges like Atomic Trade are not included in the tools I have available for this (hopefully Atomic Trader will grow to the point where this is no longer the case, but in the mean time...).
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

█ ★BlakeBitcoin (BBTC) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/BlakeBitcoin

Hope you and the community like it. For a brief description about www.cryptocoinrank.com see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0

Enjoy  Smiley

Monk3ynutz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

Trying to compile from source from git repo and get the following error:

~/BlakeBitcoin/src $ make -f makefile.unix
Building LevelDB ...
make[1]: Entering directory `/BlakeBitcoin/src/leveldb'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libleveldb.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/BlakeBitcoin/src/leveldb'
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2

I've dealt with this once before with another coin by simply copying these files from another coin's source but would be interested in finding out why this happens.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

you need the make file for level db

you can get it here if you don't have it

https://github.com/photonproject/photon/blob/master/src/leveldb/Makefile

cd /leveldb

sudo make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

then compile the coin as normal on linux

Building LevelDB ...

I've dealt with this once before with another coin by simply copying these files from another coin's source but would be interested in finding out why this happens.

Check out my coin Photon

RubixRex

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:11:16 PM

Get this on a real exchange please.  AtomicTrade is horrible.  Horribly awful.  Awfully horrible...
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:06:29 PM

Get this on a real exchange please.  AtomicTrade is horrible.  Horribly awful.  Awfully horrible...
What's wrong with it!?

That is one of the best exchanges out there.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

i would agree Atomic is a well run, secure and honest exchange,

i use the ignore button a lot on the forum now for ppl like the one you replied to,

it sure does clear the clutter

What's wrong with it!?

That is one of the best exchanges out there.

Check out my coin Photon

Monk3ynutz

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:35:52 AM

Thank you, this worked fine.

cd /leveldb

Building LevelDB ...

Monk3ynutz

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:00:06 AM

I've run into another issue I've run into nowhere else.

When running blakebitcoind I get the following:

Error: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:356 on this computer (bind returned error 13, Permission denied)
Error: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.

For giggles I try -listen=0 and get the following:

An error occurred while setting up the RPC port 243 for listening on IPv4: bind: Permission denied

Then get the unable to bind on 0.0.0.0:356 bind error above once again.

cd /leveldb

Building LevelDB ...

BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:46:28 PM

in blakebitcoin.conf set a open port

Code:
port = 

some systems have issues with low port numbers 

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:35:48 PM

some systems have issues with low port numbers 

I thought it is standard Unix style to reserve ports below 1024 for root. I know it doesn't really help with security (and there are ways to run a server as a user, after opening the port as a root), but why choose a low number for this coin, of all cryptocurrencies?

Actually, I don't really see this as a problem -- having to choose your port number before running the server might make you a little more aware of network issues. OTOH, is there any downside for the network when clients have lots of different ports, for example in discovering new nodes?

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 06:48:06 AM

Here is an unofficial build of Blake bitcoin or b plus as I like to call it for Windows that has qr codes enabled

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5dge7ug5kascfi/B_plus_win_qt_with_qr_code_support_.7z

If you want to build you own the details are in the Photon forum at cryptocointalk.com in the blake 256 section.

I updated Photon earlier tonight to support qr codes then had a little go at a few other members of the family but it's late so enjoy !!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Check out my coin Photon

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: