Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Decentralized Union - New Bitcoin/Crypto Foundation  (Read 1482 times)
E-C.Guru

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:54:32 AM

Of course one main goal of the Decentralized union will be to further Crypto.

Step 1: Stop calling "cryptocurrencies" or "altcoins" for cryptocurrencies and altcoins.

WHat Public will buy into this if it's called CRYPTO? Come on humans of bitcointalk, you're smarter than that.

E-currency. Like E-mail.
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:01:37 AM

I fail to see how a crypto centric real tangible hub wouldn't further crypto/bitcoin, If people feel the idea has merit they can back it I'm already in contact with people that would like to see the idea become a realization. A scam is not delivering on what is promised and I have no intention of doing that and safegaurds can be put in place to ensure that. Just because something is suggested that is against what you want does not mean it is a scam.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:02:14 AM

Step 1: Stop calling "cryptocurrencies" or "altcoins" for cryptocurrencies and altcoins.

WHat Public will buy into this if it's called CRYPTO? Come on humans of bitcointalk, you're smarter than that.

E-currency. Like E-mail.

e-currency is taken.
in many countries the governments laws on wire transmissions call their electronic form of FIAT an e-currency, which is a separate cetgory from blockchained currencies.

although i do see your point as the word 'crypto'. sounds to the public, like a description of a psychopath that likes hanging around grave yards (crypt's)

i think in the future. the average jo public will be using the term cryptographic currency, only as the definition/explanation sentence in the future dictionaries. and a less geeky name would be used as the common term for blockchained currencies

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:08:01 AM

I fail to see how a crypto centric real tangible hub wouldn't further crypto/bitcoin, If people feel the idea has merit they can back it I'm already in contact with people that would like to see the idea become a realization. A scam is not delivering on what is promised and I have no intention of doing that and safegaurds can be put in place to ensure that. Just because something is suggested that is against what you want does not mean it is a scam.

i told you already, if you want an island go buy an island. but your not looking at the big picture of what will help grow bitcoin. an island should be your own project/bounty. and not the main part of what a decentralized bitcoin group should do. so let it be your project. the idea of the decentralized group is that anyone can have their own projects.

EG the bitcoin foundation has more square footage of floor space then any small island (spread out across mltple offices and connected via skype, rather then grains of sand). yet what results did they achieve. having space to stand on achieves nothing.

but if you want an island go buy one

my philosophy is not to waste peoples money on a land grab so a select few can live mortgage free and offer visiters a bed and transport for a fee..

my philosophy is to get bitcoin industry to be available to anyone and everyone.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:09:12 AM

I really don't think you understand the benefit to the community having a tangible land mass would create. Offices etc. don't have the same power as actual land.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:14:40 AM

I really don't think you understand the benefit to the community having a tangible land mass would create. Offices etc. don't have the same power as actual land.

i have heard 10 topics related to sea-steads, private properties, islands, yachts, towns. etc. so i have already personally gone over the pro's and cons

but instead of arguing over your project. make a proposal in public. tell them what your plan is. how you will achieve it, what goals and timescales you have. what skills you can bring or require to make it actually happen and set a bounty goal for your project.

then list all the benefits your project will bring to the international community and to average joe. that cannot be done from peoples own towns.

if at all showing true potential, i am sure you will get investment. so make your plan good, and detailed

E-C.Guru

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:18:12 AM

E-currency. Like E-mail.

e-currency is taken.
in many countries the governments laws on wire transmissions call their electronic form of FIAT an e-currency, which is a separate cetgory from blockchained currencies.

although i do see your point as the word 'crypto'. sounds to the public, like a description of a psychopath that likes hanging around grave yards (crypt's)

i think in the future. the average jo public will be using the term cryptographic currency, only as the definition/explanation sentence in the future dictionaries. and a less geeky name would be used as the common term for blockchained currencies

Do you Call that taken?

1, nobody knows that

2, even if they did, bitcoin is/will be bigger than that (bigger goes first)

3, e-currency is the best term to adopt if we want mass adoption. E- is self explanatory. Currency is currency.

I've never thought about the cryps actually but Yeah hah, I bet many will think of that. You're probably right about that average joe but lets be Clear: An E-currency is a cryptographic currency. E-currency = everyday easy use Word, it's not a correct Word. Just like E-mail is rather stupid, so is E-currency. But please remember, People are stupid.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:25:04 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 01:35:52 AM by franky1

E-currency. Like E-mail.

e-currency is taken.

Do you Call that taken?

1, nobody knows that

2, even if they did, bitcoin is/will be bigger than that (bigger goes first)

3, e-currency is the best term to adopt if we want mass adoption. E- is self explanatory. Currency is currency.

I've never thought about the cryps actually but Yeah hah, I bet many will think of that. You're probably right about that average joe but lets be Clear: An E-currency is a cryptographic currency. E-currency = everyday easy use Word, it's not a correct Word. Just like E-mail is rather stupid, so is E-currency. But please remember, People are stupid.

not denying anything you say, all im saying is the general public may prefer E-cash, or just calling them by their proper names like bitcoins, litecoins.

after all how many people use the word currency, day to day. i hear the words pounds, dollars, euros, facebook credits, dimes, bucks, quids used, but yet to hear "i have currency in my pocket" "i will buy a TV with currency"

either way thats a personal decision for the world to make given enough time for general public to come up with their own 'slang'

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:37:23 AM

as for cryptopaths personal bounty project.. he seems to have gone off the idea of a decentralised foundation and now wants a bitcoin island. i told him to make some proposal details, tasks/goals, skills acquired/required. and a list of the benefits.

basically a standard business proposal any investor wants to see to take anything serious. yet i now see he has ignored my tips for success and skipped straight for the money grab. trying to find out how rich people are:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609319.0

well goodluck to him.

cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:42:10 AM

as for cryptopaths personal bounty project.. he seems to have gone off the idea of a decentralised foundation and now wants a bitcoin island. i told him to make some proposal details, tasks/goals, skills acquired/required. and a list of the benefits.

basically a standard business proposal any investor wants to see to take anything serious. yet i now see he has ignored my tips for success and skipped straight for the money grab. trying to find out how rich people are:

If you actually read the thread you would see it is polling if people make a sizable amount of their income in crypto. Just because ideas differ doesn't mean one is a scam. Weren't you the one in favor of bounty programs and each project getting by on its own merit? This is just one project and if people would like to see it progress it will hence the Decentralized Union. You are still free to propose anything you would like. No one project defines the Decentralized Union but all projects should further Crypto and that is my goal.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:55:00 AM

If you actually read the thread you would see it is polling if people make a sizable amount of their income in crypto. Just because ideas differ doesn't mean one is a scam. Weren't you the one in favor of bounty programs and each project getting by on its own merit? This is just one project and if people would like to see it progress it will hence the Decentralized Union. You are still free to propose anything you would like. No one project defines the Decentralized Union but all projects should further Crypto and that is my goal.

im all for bountys/crowdfunding

so show the world your proposal. show that you have an idea worth investing in. as it seems your just gathering a list of rich people. so please concentrate on the business plan first.

ok ill start you off.
getting electricity to the island.. how?
getting internet to the island.. how?
getting sewerage off the island.. how?
getting fresh clean water, beverages, food supplied.. how?
getting building materials and labour onto the island.. how?
timescales, goals, tasks.. when?, what?, how?

the size of the island.. what?
the buildings on the island, offices residences, retail, warehousing, farmings.. what?,which?,what?
the ownership of the island.. who?
the governing/policing of the island.. who?
the day-to-day tasks such as manual labour keeping it clean, respectable.. who?

any investor would like to see these details.. IN DETAIL before even being interested in seeing a cost estimate, and before even being asked if they are onboard.

so PLEASE if you want to do a bounty, show some of your idea in detail. thats how bounties and crowd funding works

cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:01:07 AM

Exactly everything will be done in an orderly fashion I'm not jumping the gun. This is a topic that has been widely discussed for some time and I'm getting the input of a lot of people in the field.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: