Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:48:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KRYP] Kryptonite-X11 PoW DGW Landed 24th May 2014 @ 3.30pm BST  (Read 78094 times)
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:20:45 PM

Full scam coin! Bye!

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
bigtop1967 (OP)

Activity: 384

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

OK Guys

Right before we released the source we found a bug in the Windows binary.  Rather than launch with just the source code we thought we'd try and correct this first.  We're working hard to do this now.

Apologies for the late launch, but we just couldn't leave windows users out of the picture.

We know many of you have waited around a long time so we don't want to keep you hanging around.  If you feel you have to slate us and leave us, that's up to you - but there will be a release.

Update at 9.45pm BST
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:36:20 PM

so You will try to launch in 1h 10 min? I agree to wait for couple hours Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
han1122

Activity: 300

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:45:59 PM

wallet?

bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

Update:

Thanks for your patience - or not!

The error in the Windows build will prevent us from making a reliable launch tonight.  You think you're gutted?  We've worked months up to this moment and are very disheartened........and god, we really like Windows less and less everyday we're forced to work with the damn thing.

All code executed and tested flawlessly on Linux clients.

After much deliberation, and some really nice emails/messages of support (and disappointment) we feel that the right thing to do is take a sensible amount of time to review and fix the code.  We will keep you appraised of this process and re-schedule launch for next Saturday 24th May at 12:00 BST.

I will try and reply to everyone that has emailed/messaged me tonight.  Your support is massively appreciated by both of us here.

All sites and forums will be updated withing 24 hours.

waldistons

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:55:58 PM

well, that's disappointing, I was hoping for some action before sleep... Cheesy well, OK, I can wait a week more Smiley I'm definitely mining this, will set up some CPU miners that will probably run all the time. I highly doubt huge farms will be competing for couple coins per block Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:12:05 PM

well, that's disappointing, I was hoping for some action before sleep... Cheesy well, OK, I can wait a week more Smiley I'm definitely mining this, will set up some CPU miners that will probably run all the time. I highly doubt huge farms will be competing for couple coins per block Smiley

Thanks for being so adult about it lol.

Well now i've been on both ends - the end where i'm cheesed by a failed launch, and now where i'm really really cheesed that a) this happened like this, and b) that on this end of the deal you're letting loads of people down.  I can't describe the feeling at the moment you realize that letting the software out would have been worse than postponing.  It's still kinda sinking in - maybe i'll try over the next few days.

Scammer?  Whatever - free country (world?) and all that - but just because we failed to release on time, does not a scammer make us.

We will keep you posted on progress, and we will tell you exactly what happened as soon as we've got it removed.  What we can tell you now is that what ever it is, it prevented windoze clients from being able to maintain on erec...I mean connection to the network.

Very few, and minor changes were made to the source before the final release build.  Previous to that windoze clients were running well.

Thanks again for your support
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:25:55 PM

Thanks for being so adult about it lol.

Well now i've been on both ends - the end where i'm cheesed by a failed launch, and now where i'm really really cheesed that a) this happened like this, and b) that on this end of the deal you're letting loads of people down.  I can't describe the feeling at the moment you realize that letting the software out would have been worse than postponing.  It's still kinda sinking in - maybe i'll try over the next few days.

Scammer?  Whatever - free country (world?) and all that - but just because we failed to release on time, does not a scammer make us.

We will keep you posted on progress, and we will tell you exactly what happened as soon as we've got it removed.  What we can tell you now is that what ever it is, it prevented windoze clients from being able to maintain on erec...I mean connection to the network.

Very few, and minor changes were made to the source before the final release build.  Previous to that windoze clients were running well.

Thanks again for your support

Not bad, but 3 days mature is evil. I cant agree that. Why 3 days?!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
UGETHIT

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:26:47 PM

What makes you a scammer?  That's easy.  Your pre-mine of 500000 coins.  And your 3 day wait for coins to mature.  1 coin per block to start with the dev's holding 500000 coins never works.  No one in their right mind will post buy orders when the pre-mine can clear all buy orders for the coin in a blink of an eye.  Too many times we have seen this.  No one will fall for it.  That includes exchanges.  They won't pick you up because they don't want their customers getting robbed on their watch.  It's bad for business.  So good luck man your going to need it.  Or you could always rework the pre-mine, block reward, and mature rate to make it reasonable for people to buy/invest in your coin.  
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

What makes you a scammer?  That's easy.  Your pre-mine of 500000 coins.  And your 3 day wait for coins to mature.  1 coin per block to start with the dev's holding 500000 coins never works.  No one in their right mind will post buy orders when the pre-mine can clear all buy orders for the coin in a blink of an eye.  Too many times we have seen this.  No one will fall for it.  That includes exchanges.  They won't pick you up because they don't want their customers getting robbed on their watch.  It's bad for business.  So good luck man your going to need it.  Or you could always rework the pre-mine, block reward, and mature rate to make it reasonable for people to buy/invest in your coin.  

Cant agree more.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:25:36 PM

Cant agree more.

I get your point of view, and your skepticism, oh I do, But our point of view it's not sensible to dump coins. Ever Holding onto the premine (if we were holding onto all of it) would be a clever thing to do, but even cleverer would be to distribute as much as you can, as fairly as you can, which is why we will be giving away at least 300,000 of the premine (it does actually say that in the first post) in as many fair ways we can think of.  Regardless of mining power.

We also feel, well, why do coins need to mature so quickly?  So we've done this precisely to hinder dumping large amounts of coins.  For every miner that can't be arsed to wait 3 days to dump their coins, and so doesn't mine, we reckon there are a few who would happily take those blocks and be happy to save the coins in them.

We are in no rush to get on any exchanges.  In fact getting on exchanges is way down the list currently.

If you want a coin with a different premine, block reward, and mature rate - great!....go get it!
UGETHIT

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

You also said you plan on paying yourselves 200000 coins.  That's the most insane shit I have heard from a dev in 3 years.  That's 200000 blocks at the start of the coin's life.  Prediction for you.  Your coin will not make it on a top 25 exchange, ever.  No fiat exchange will touch you with a 10 foot pole.  You will never get point of sale or store fronts to accept this coin.  And if that's true then what is your coin good for?  This coin is dead with no hash in to speak of in less then 7 day of its release.  If I am wrong I will never post again on any thread on this forum. 
clapperhead

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:57:31 PM

Seems to have launched 4 hours ago, but I'm not mining or have a wallet?
clapperhead

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:16:43 PM

Sorry, I see now it's rescheduled.  Some valuable advice for any coin dev.  Anytime I see someone like you bitch and delay because of Windows tells me you really don't grasp the whole idea of making your coin successful.  If you are not starting out making your coin work with Windows, then you are excluding 90% of the world.  What's the point other than to mine, pump and dump.
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:21:48 PM

Well, if you wanna beat a man down, who for all you know if perfectly honest, well done, job done.  I've worked my ass off for that too, so extra well done.

Where does it say how much we are 'planning' to 'pay' ourselves?

Yes, wouldn't it be 'insane shit' if that was '200,000 blocks at the start of the coins life'!  Read what you are writing - if you're going to do this, be fair and get your facts and quotes right.
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:39:35 PM

Sorry, I see now it's rescheduled.  Some valuable advice for any coin dev.  Anytime I see someone like you bitch and delay because of Windows tells me you really don't grasp the whole idea of making your coin successful.  If you are not starting out making your coin work with Windows, then you are excluding 90% of the world.  What's the point other than to mine, pump and dump.

No need to apologize!  And thanks being respectful in your post.

We'll be updating on exactly what happened soon, but in all fairness I was I bit deflated earlier.  Kryptonite has been built and tested on windows right up to the release version that was 1.0.3.0.  There were very minor changes made between 1 0 3 and 1 0 2, and also a couple of dependency updates that we're looking into that might have caused the final problem in the binary, which compiled nicely and ran as normal until we noticed it (windows client) was not keeping it's connections to the network.

This could well have happened compiling for any platform - and that would have got it in the neck the way I felt earlier.  Love it or hate it, Windows rules!  This is why the launch had to be delayed - there's no way we could launch without a reliable Windows client.

There's definitely more to the world of cryptos that just mining pumping and dumping.  The majority of people still don't even know what that is - there's so much more to come from this developing area.....much much more.
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

This is not for me but I wish you well.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
UGETHIT

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:43:35 AM

There is a 0.5% pre-mine of K500,000
K300,000 will go straight into a wallet which we'll keep a ledger for on our site. It will mainly fund giveaways, bounties, draws and random acts of kindness! The rest of the pre-mine will be held by the Devs for their expenses and time, and to fund anything else the rest of the pre-mine might not be able to.

For the stupid dev.....

5 - 3 = 2 that's 200000 for you to dump on the market.   Fucktard.
nino_decoy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

Good to see someone working on keeping their client multi-platform. Sync has a linux icon and the link goes to www.linux.com and their source won't build, and lousy documentation to boot. Rightcoin won't make either. I'm starting to understand what the exchanges and pool admins mean when they talk about looking for coins with "good devs" because it seems like some of these coins getting launched are just repackaged (read: broken) hackjobs.

No matter what else happens, producing quality work follows you around (and so does crap!) so good luck Smiley As soon as I can get a wallet and the configs, I'll start testing my pool with it (*edit: Ubuntu Server 12.04, MPOS).
workminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

ok
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: