Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【LakeBTC.com】Bitcoin Exchange  (Read 74869 times)
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:40:06 PM

this was my point. I want to know which bank LakeBTC is using and then I will take the decision whether I sign up or not.
I don't understand why LakeBTC is making from this simple info, a big secret. A bank's name is not a secret. Smiley

Anyway, I am still waiting for it.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LakeBTC (OP)

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

this was my point. I want to know which bank LakeBTC is using and then I will take the decision whether I sign up or not.
I don't understand why LakeBTC is making from this simple info, a big secret. A bank's name is not a secret. Smiley

Anyway, I am still waiting for it.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Again, LakeBTC takes security very seriously and company policy prohibits customer support to post ANY financial account info on forums, emails, chats, and social medias, including banking info, Ripple gateway address, third-party account name, and BTC addresses. Our website, LakeBTC.com, is the only source of such information.

It's not a secret. All registered users with KYC can simply click "Deposit" - "USD" - "WIRE" to get the most up-to-date info on LakeBTC.com website.

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

again, nobody will never be able to send a bank wire by ONLY having a bank's name.

Bitstamp is having this info on their website. they even included their bank account number(all the banking details).

There is NO data about your banking details on LakeBTC.com. I don't want to send my documents to a company who is hiding the banking information.

I want to know which bank you are using so that I make my calculations and then to decide whether I am wiring you money or not.
Maybe I don't like your banks or maybe I have bank accounts in the same bank and maybe I am using the same payment processor.

I want to know all these infos prior to verify my account with you, a company who is hiding its bank accounts. Smiley

How can someone use a bank's name only in order to deceive other people? The answer is "he cannot"

So, you admit that you are not transparent and you don't want to provide a simple information.

Since when the banks's name or  payment processing partners is a secret ?

It seems that you need to verify the identity to know which bank to deposit stamp

We are not aware of other firms' policies.

What we can assure our users is, LakeBTC enforces TOP risk management and internal controls in the industry. Our team has decades of experience in commercial banking and investment banking sectors.

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:09:02 PM

as long you cannot name the banks or payment processors, it's somehow fishy....
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:58:51 PM

[...]
I want to know which bank you are using so that I make my calculations and then to decide whether I am wiring you money or not.
Maybe I don't like your banks or maybe I have bank accounts in the same bank and maybe I am using the same payment processor.

I want to know all these infos prior to verify my account with you, [...]
...which will save me the time to send my docs, if I cannot or don't want to use the banks you use.

[...] Our team has decades of experience in commercial banking and investment banking sectors.

Some names and CVs would help.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 09:27:53 AM

[...]

...which will save me the time to send my docs, if I cannot or don't want to use the banks you use.

[...] Our team has decades of experience in commercial banking and investment banking sectors.

interviews and articles can be found at coindesk, cointelegraph etc.

for example http://cointelegraph.com/news/112112/a-ban-should-target-risky-products-and-foul-players-not-bitcoin-itself-lakebtc-ceo-thomas-xie

Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:34:00 AM

Yes, we know the name Thomas Xie. The articles and interviews I have seen do not substantiate your claim of:

Our team has decades of experience in commercial banking and investment banking sectors.

I would appreciate further info.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 09:48:03 AM

[...]

No you do not use our bank. Users transfer money to one of our banks, which are part of SWIFT network, regulated by government, and basel-compliant.

It does not really concern users if the target bank is Bank of America, or Bank of Africa, Bank of China, Bank of Denmark, or Bank of England. You do not open an account with it. You don't deal with it directly.

And, this info is no secret. Most of our users have access to it. If you don't want to go thru the KYC process, that's perfectly fine. Just stay in the digital world (BTC, Ripple network, and EgoPay), and do not touch FIAT. You an stay anonymous and trade at LakeBTC.

Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

[...]
It does not really concern users if the target bank is Bank of America, or Bank of Africa, Bank of China, Bank of Denmark, or Bank of England.
[...]

Of course it does. If my bank account is with an American branch of Bank of America already and your account is there too, then my fees will be a lot less than sending to Africa and the bank of Africa.

I'm happy to KYC and AML if there is the benefit of saving fees compared to the exchange I already use. Currently I can't know and can't be bothered. As such you did not get a potential customer.

If it is no secret why not publish it? At least the bank name and the country it's in.

LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 02:01:37 PM

[...]
It does not really concern users if the target bank is Bank of America, or Bank of Africa, Bank of China, Bank of Denmark, or Bank of England.
[...]

Of course it does. If my bank account is with an American branch of Bank of America already and your account is there too, then my fees will be a lot less than sending to Africa and the bank of Africa.

I'm happy to KYC and AML if there is the benefit of saving fees compared to the exchange I already use. Currently I can't know and can't be bothered. As such you did not get a potential customer.

If it is no secret why not publish it? At least the bank name and the country it's in.

I see what you're saying and that's a fair theory. We are working with a couple of potential partners in North America but we do not own any accounts there yet. Our existing customers from that region usually pay $45 + $15 for outbound wires. Just for your reference.

As a matter of fact, wire is never cheap and that's why bitcoin/ripple gets a chance to grow. For smaller amounts, Ripple/EgoPay might be cheaper. For thousands or more, wire is more cost effective and reliable.

For BofA specifically, we happen to have a business partner who banks with BofA in US. It turned out to be more troublesome to transfer money within BofA system internally, especially both personal and business accounts are involved. At the end they gave up and used "domestic wire" instead, which still costs like $25.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:08:13 AM

please name your banks or the payment processors you use for the payments processing.

i don't want to know which banks you are NOT using. I am interested to know which bank you using and I am sure you know about what I am "talking" about.
More than that, we are not so novices to explain us what is a bank:
 "No you do not use our bank. Users transfer money to one of our banks, which are part of SWIFT network, regulated by government, and basel-compliant"

Do you think we do not know that you don't own a bank?Smiley this is somehow a luck of respect from your part.

Also, I really don't understand why you avoid to give this info to potential customers. It means you have something to hide otherwise I don't see any reason. First, i wanted to use your services and I was very interested to which bank I will wire the money. It's an important factor and not only for me but for all your clients. Now, I am thinking that you are not a genuine company because only a bogus firm would act like you do; a lot of words without saying nothing.

Again. please tell me which banks you are using.
LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 08:26:07 AM

please name your banks or the payment processors you use for the payments processing.

i don't want to know which banks you are NOT using. I am interested to know which bank you using and I am sure you know about what I am "talking" about.
More than that, we are not so novices to explain us what is a bank:
 "No you do not use our bank. Users transfer money to one of our banks, which are part of SWIFT network, regulated by government, and basel-compliant"

Do you think we do not know that you don't own a bank?Smiley this is somehow a luck of respect from your part.

Also, I really don't understand why you avoid to give this info to potential customers. It means you have something to hide otherwise I don't see any reason. First, i wanted to use your services and I was very interested to which bank I will wire the money. It's an important factor and not only for me but for all your clients. Now, I am thinking that you are not a genuine company because only a bogus firm would act like you do; a lot of words without saying nothing.

Again. please tell me which banks you are using.

Thank you for your interest. However, we have repeated the points over and over again, but you are not listening. One more time:

1. Company policy prohibits customer support to discuss ANY financial info such as BTC address, banking info, Ripple gateway address etc in forums, emails, social media, or chats. Only source of such info is our secure website, LakeBTC.com

2. This policy is meant to protect users from fraud and theft. It happened before. Somebody pretended to be a representative and post a different banking info, and the victim sent the money to the wrong place. LakeBTC takes security very seriously and does everything possible to protect users' assets. Our team came from a strong banking background, and we are the professionals. This is just one of the many preventative measures we take. For details, please refer to https://www.lakebtc.com/s/help?locale=en#diff

3. That info is no secret. Simply click "Deposit" in the menu, then "USD" tab, then "WIRE". This is for users passed KYC only.

4. If you want to stay anonymous, that's fine. Just trade digital currencies only, i.e., BTC, Ripple network, EgoPay.

5. Our company name, office location, CEO interviews are available on our website and some other leading bitcoin media. We are one of the "big four" exchanges that determine CoinDesk BPI. We are a Gateway Member of IRBA. We are part of the Tera Exchange's bitcoin index, which is the underlying of their US CFTC approved bitcoin swap, and on and on. See here for more https://www.lakebtc.com/s/about?locale=en

6. Which banks we use do not really concern users. It's unlikely that you get a intra-bank transfer rate. International wire usually costs $25 - $65. Again, all banks we work with are well capitalized, part of SWIFT network, regulated by local government, and BASEL compliant. That means, they are legit, well-established, ready to receive payments world wide, and will not disappear over night.

7. Do your homework first. If you don't feel comfortable, don't trade.

We hope we have made the points clear enough. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

"7. Do your homework first."

this is what I am trying to do, my homework. I am trying to discover what kind of "company" you are. You keep your bank's names hidden for an unknown reason. They are not listed on your website.

I don't want to share my personal details to a company that it's keeping in secret an info like that

I am sorry but you have a fishy behavior. I had good intentions, just wanted to use your services but now....I don't recommend your website to anybody.

"6. Which banks we use do not really concern users".
YES, it concerns your customers because they want to know if they send a bank wire to a bank from Cyprus, China or Africa; That's why I am asking for your bank's name.

Bitcoin industry is/should be based on transparency. You don't offer that. You are keep saying the same things

You said " Somebody pretended to be a representative and post a different banking info, and the victim sent the money to the wrong place".

How can it be done if you only post the BANK'S NAME and not the account number? I am wondering why other Bitcoin merchants are posting their FULL banking infos on their websites(no need to sign up) and you do not.
Your version about is not standing at all.

SanMerryDro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:40:47 AM

How very tangled dialogue

One you can PM it to me, or I can login to see it for myrself   Sad
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

What happened with LakeTrader? It has been unable to connect just now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:19:53 AM

What happened with LakeTrader? It has been unable to connect just now.

It's working as expected from our test browsers. Please contact support if the problem persists.

LakeBTC (OP)

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:20:41 AM

Dear Users,

On Oct 26, Sunday, there's a data error on our ticker API where the USD bid price was unreasonably high. Our production support team conducted a thorough investigation of the trades, cache, and account activities during that period, and found it was caused by a very rare caching problem. Some stale incorrect data was stuck in the cache for the ticker API and was not cleaned up in time.

Note that the actual orderbook and trades were NOT affected. All the trades during that period were normal. There was NO flash crash. Even if somebody attempted an attack during that period, no harm could have been done to the market.

That being said, we take this incident very seriously and patched our system to stop this rare problem from happening again. We are dedicated to creating a fair and secure marketplace for all bitcoin participants, and we are constantly improving our system, technology, and processes to safeguard your assets and personal information. We apologize for any inconvenience this incurred.

Thank you for choosing LakeBTC.com!

https://www.lakebtc.com/p/7112?locale=en

BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:08:10 AM

Dear Users,

On Oct 26, Sunday, there's a data error on our ticker API where the USD bid price was unreasonably high. Our production support team conducted a thorough investigation of the trades, cache, and account activities during that period, and found it was caused by a very rare caching problem. Some stale incorrect data was stuck in the cache for the ticker API and was not cleaned up in time.

Note that the actual orderbook and trades were NOT affected. All the trades during that period were normal. There was NO flash crash. Even if somebody attempted an attack during that period, no harm could have been done to the market.

That being said, we take this incident very seriously and patched our system to stop this rare problem from happening again. We are dedicated to creating a fair and secure marketplace for all bitcoin participants, and we are constantly improving our system, technology, and processes to safeguard your assets and personal information. We apologize for any inconvenience this incurred.

what a pity  Sad
Gine.Unnta

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:42:12 AM

Dear Users,

Was the api boken that day? It seems I missed the best time to dump bitcoins.
TwaiteTokyo

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:57:30 AM

when do you restore the sepa deposit?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: