Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:02:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question: How to make my Antminer S1 work?  (Read 1458 times)
acaciosc (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:54:50 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 02:50:09 PM by acaciosc

do you have teamviewer installed?

I've downloaded it and was about to install soon. I installed it right now.  Wink

EDIT: Please, help me with this part. I don't know what to do now. My miner is not active, no values in the "miner status" page, and when I try to ping, it gives me this error message: ping: bad address 'www.google.com.br'.
I'm with Teamviewer installed already.

EDIT: I did EXACTLY the same as this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akw9GAeIH5k
Didn't work, though.

I beg to anyone who has Teamviewer to help me out. I need to know if it's correctly configurated, but I'm too inexperienced with networks.

EDIT: Oh, my God... Now I can't even access the antminer through web browser! And hurts to try to find a tiny button, wherever it is. Oh, and I forgot to say: My ISP asks username and password to connect to internet... I guess this is the reason to be unable to connect to internet via Antminer.

EDIT: I found the tiny button. It's located near of a red led, in case of anyone having the same issue. BUUUT... I couldn't reset my asic. I pressed the damn button for, say, 1 MINUTE, but nothing happened. A green led always blinking, a static red led, my miner unable to connect to internet and my pc unable to connect his interface. OMG!

EDIT: My miner reset successfully! But no internet connection yet. :\

EDIT: Now I can connect to the miner ip through my pc, but still can't make my antminer work.

I'm using a router with wifi, which is not the correct devide to use with my type of connection (adsl via radio). I just sent it to maintenance to see if there's something wrong with my device or my type of connection. Surely it's a problem or with my type of connection (via radio), or with my inappropriate device for this type of connection (which I discovered that is recommended a modem with wifi, not a router with wifi, if using via radio internet)...

Or maybe is a problem with both.  Huh
By the way, my android is unable to connect to the internet too. A problem in my network, for sure! But today at the end of the day I will know. My router is in the maintenance already, to be realized tests.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acaciosc (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:56:33 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 04:46:20 PM by acaciosc

YAY! I got my miner working!! For those having the same issue (considering that I'm using internet via radio - which sucks):

I simply enabled DHCP while I was with both my miner and pc connected through the router (intelbras GWM 1420N).

These are the steps done:

1. Type 192.168.1.99 (or whatever is your miner ip);
2. Before going to the step three, check if your miner pool is correctly set;
3. In networks go to WAN, by clicking in "edit";
4. Switch from static ip to dhcp - note that this was in the manual or FAQ, I don't remember (dooh!);
5. Wait until a green led starts to flash outside the miner and a growing noise start to appear  Cool;

Note that after you've done the step 4, you may be unable to access the miner, though it's mining already. Maybe you will still be able to access the miner, but that is not my case - my connection sucks, remember?

Ah, and my ISP didn't ask for login credentials. It asks only one time. After logging through browser, it won't ask again. My bad, sorry.

Thanks everyone!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: