Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:13:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARS] Arkenstone - The digital stone. SHA-256, 1 stone/block - UPDATE!!!  (Read 33762 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Arkenstone (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:23:34 AM

NEW UPDATE v0.9.0.1. Not mandatory, but recommended!
kipo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

the purpose  of this coin is what?
and what is the mearning?
nssminer

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:57:02 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 01:10:22 AM by nssminer

And the payment flows, ok trickles....LOL.

The pool http://multicoin.lightninghash.com/ LightningHash has been great, taking into consideration what I have read in ARS's forum, I am really happy. I was given a comprehensive reply to an inquiry I had concerning the slow conformation rates related to ARS. Nice to know someone is there.

The Arkenstone of Thrain, also known as the "Heart of the Mountain", was a wondrous gem sought by Thorin Oakenshield in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. The Arkenstone is presented as the most valued possession of Thror, King Under the Mountain, of the house of Durin. Frellin' call me a geek, but I just love that. This coin in my mind is instantly neoteric, though so, pertains an intrinsic ancient quality that instills excitation of quest.

The fact that 1 stone per block, starting at 200,000 stones w/ 3yr half rate is very promising on the shear rarity, considering the Peta count of some of the crypt-currencies. Dev is talking about a debit card system, that would be very convenient and as a merchant I would except. Time will tell but I feel good about Arkenstone.

Prominence

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

Shitcoin of the day. These scamdevs really lost all innovation. This thread is self moderated for good reason. He'll remove posts like this calling him out.
Luckypool_op

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:48:57 PM

Hi, pal:
It was some software bug which stops the payment. It is also set now. You should receive your coin by now. If you still have problem, pls email to admin@luckypool.cn.
tks

Still haven't received anything from cryptoco.in, and luckypool has a min withdrawal amount of 1 and a 0.1 tx fee. I would have to mine a couple DAYS to pay just the tx fee. Think I best move along..

lucky pool don't pay the coin , i have 10 coin confirmed and none of them are sent to my wallet
Arkenstone (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:32:06 PM

Shitcoin of the day. These scamdevs really lost all innovation. This thread is self moderated for good reason. He'll remove posts like this calling him out.

Please, find another coin to troll !!!
reeferman

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:53:10 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 12:05:09 PM by reeferman

I think this has got potential.. its hard as hell to mine..  gives the Sha world something to dig their teeth into..

it requires patience..  it isn't going to PoS to infinity.. i rented some rigs & hammered it with 950gigs for 12 hours & got 3.

and its only on block 1229 atm with a difficulty just under 2mill.. that was at 1.5mil..

its only going to get harder.. hence the rarity.. so dust off those miners fellow crypto enthusiasts.. there's a new coin err stone to be

mined.. for a long time to come.. .. after all.. the Dwarfs didn't mine the first one in a day...

“But fairest of all was the great white gem, which the Dwarves had found beneath the roots of the Mountain, the Heart of the Mountain, the Arkenstone of Thrain.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/5b/93/ca5b931aefab0f6219ba426d8050d768.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/155/a/9/arkenstone_by_kinko_white-d64bsnw.jpg
Punktonic

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

Am I the only one getting a virus alert from the "arkenstoned.exe" file?
Bitdefender antivirus flags it, and automatically deletes it. Not sure what to make of it.

I get the same thing too.  Avast says it's infected with Win32:Malware-gen.  It just deletes the infected "arkenstoned.exe" file, and the wallet seems to run fine without it. 

http://www.im-infected.com/trojan/win32malware-gen.html

Anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not it's worthwhile to mine a coin who's developers added a virus into the package?  I know just like University Coin this is one I won't touch.

Cheesy No virus into the package. Almost all coins have a problem with antivirus programs.

Have to disagree with you big time on that one.  I've got 191  wallets installed on my computer, Arkenstone is one of only 3 I've had virus warnings for.  There's no reason for a false positive.  I'm not a super expert or anything like that, but I can't think of why a cryptocoin would set off a virus flag unless it's infected. 
Arkenstone (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:42:20 PM

Bitdefender antivirus flags it, and automatically deletes it. Not sure what to make of it.

I get the same thing too.  Avast says it's infected with Win32:Malware-gen.  It just deletes the infected "arkenstoned.exe" file, and the wallet seems to run fine without it. 

Anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not it's worthwhile to mine a coin who's developers added a virus into the package?  I know just like University Coin this is one I won't touch.

Cheesy No virus into the package. Almost all coins have a problem with antivirus programs.

Have to disagree with you big time on that one.  I've got 191  wallets installed on my computer, Arkenstone is one of only 3 I've had virus warnings for.  There's no reason for a false positive.  I'm not a super expert or anything like that, but I can't think of why a cryptocoin would set off a virus flag unless it's infected. 

Please, check the source code and make new daemon and qt wallet. Everything will be the same.
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:01:26 PM

Please, check the source code and make new daemon and qt wallet. Everything will be the same.

+1
Tach916

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:16:45 PM

Anyone else get a risky website warning when going to the palth exchange?
reeferman

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:18:21 PM

Anyone else get a risky website warning when going to the palth exchange?

yeah, but its been smooth there for me.. BitOnyx ARS has had difficulties withdrawing.. trading is frozen.. i hope their working on it..
Arkenstone (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:25:05 AM

Are you serious?  Why on Earth would I ever do that?  If my AV found a virus in your wallet, why on Earth would I ever want to build it myself from the source code?

You built it, put a virus in it, then disseminated it throughout the community.  And when I point out there's a virus in it, you first try to excuse it as a false positive which makes no sense because for it to be a false positive you'd have for some inexplicable reason added the signature of a virus to the file........? 

Then you suggest I build it myself from the source files?  Are you fucking kidding me?

So I catch you spreading a virus, and you try to deflect from that by asserting the problem is on my end because I didn't build the wallet myself from the source files?  You're the dev, so it's on you to disseminate a working and virus free version of the wallet.  It's not the responsibility of someone who's interested in mining your coin to build the wallet themselves if they want to mine the coin without their computers being damaged.

I've almost six years experience working in collections, and I know plenty about hacking and building viruses.  So I can smell your fallacious rhetoric from the onset. 

The correct thing to do would have been to remove the link to the infected file, replace it with a working and non-infected version of the wallet, and to apologize to the entire community for putting their computers at risk.  Instead you attempt to patronize me with nonsense and fallacious assertions.

You're fucking ridiculous.

Please, find another coin to troll !!!
nssminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

So what's going on in the Arkenstone world?

Went live last night with a private pool, the NSS Arkenstone Pool, (what a frellin' challenge), I have mined some Stones with it already too!

It took my Windows trained arse seven frellin' days to get the NSS Pool alive. Ubuntu was a bit of a learning curve after 16yrs as a Windows Senior Field Lead~ My keyboard was all......go ahead type "apt-get install" one more frellin' time...I dare ya'. But it's up and running and for me, Ubuntu is some nice script...., Ubuntu has seemed to tame the learning curve a bit.

Back to the Stone, The Arkenstone! Anything new? I really would like to see a formal website. I have some power to throw at ARS, so give me some new news.
nssminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:51:19 AM

I think this has got potential.. its hard as hell to mine..  gives the Sha world something to dig their teeth into..

it requires patience..  it isn't going to PoS to infinity.. i rented some rigs & hammered it with 950gigs for 12 hours & got 3.

and its only on block 1229 atm with a difficulty just under 2mill.. that was at 1.5mil..

its only going to get harder.. hence the rarity.. so dust off those miners fellow crypto enthusiasts.. there's a new coin err stone to be

mined.. for a long time to come.. .. after all.. the Dwarfs didn't mine the first one in a day...

“But fairest of all was the great white gem, which the Dwarves had found beneath the roots of the Mountain, the Heart of the Mountain, the Arkenstone of Thrain.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/5b/93/ca5b931aefab0f6219ba426d8050d768.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/155/a/9/arkenstone_by_kinko_white-d64bsnw.jpg

++
markostus

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:19:49 AM

dead?
iamrickrock

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:54:17 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 12:27:44 AM by iamrickrock

Stuck on block 2374, 18 hrs behind.

EDIT: Wallet is up to date now.
mycryptocoin

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:03:37 AM

Just a quick info: We will remove the pool and the block explorer in one week, if there is no further development.
Reasons: ANN not updated, dev seems to be gone for good.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:47:20 PM

Unfortunately it seems to be a truism that any coin with a Tolkien tie-in is doomed ...
doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:20:28 AM

that is interesting about the tolkien tie-in being fatal to a coin.  I am curious however if there will be any renewed interest when the movie comes out this summer lol Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: