Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Metadisk - Blockchain Based File Sharing - Powered by Storj  (Read 39241 times)
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:51:25 AM

i want to ve in the beta if its possible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
presidentcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:56:25 AM

I realy realy want to join the Beta

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
presidentcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:58:17 AM

Hi me again, what about encryption. I don't want that anybody can see my Data, because it's P2P.

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

It could be amazing to join! Cheesy

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 01:29:38 PM by server

Hi me again, what about encryption. I don't want that anybody can see my Data, because it's P2P.

-> http://storj.io/#learn-more -> whitepaper

I thinks it's client-side "file-encryptor is an encryption package that implements convergent encryption using HMAC-SHA256 and AES128-CTR."

presidentcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:12:16 PM

-> http://storj.io/#learn-more

Thanks about that but there is no Infomation about encryption. I know that there is no Database, because it's not a Server it's P2P

asboxi

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:37:41 PM

Hi Dev,

If it's possible i would like be a member.

bitcoin XT believer
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

I am interested to test the Beta.

Thank you!

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
super3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

So right now we have full server side encryption. We are working toward adding full client side encryption.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
presidentcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:51:51 PM

So right now we have full server side encryption. We are working toward adding full client side encryption.

Thanks for the reply, but what do the Server use AES256bit? And why you say Server I thought it is decentralized

HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Added 5 people to the beta. Priority to hero members, and the datacoin guy.

Why didn't you pull from your mailing list people? 

I came here from your crosspost on the /r/storj subreddit because I've been following it; I don't waste my time @BTCtalk if I can help it.
knahrvorn

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:15:28 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 07:45:17 PM by knahrvorn

I came here from your crosspost on the /r/storj subreddit because I've been following it; I don't waste my time @BTCtalk if I can help it.

Second this. I tend to stay off bitcointalk.org, too, if at all possible. Came here too, through /r/storj.
After all, "early access" is a mentioned keyword when subscribing to the mailing list :-)

Oh, if applicants are accepted even with next to no posts on bitcointalk, I'd be very interested, too. For a good time, I'd wanted something like this to replace my current Dropbox/Copy.com solution, then had a look at Bittorrent Sync, but discarded that as it is not open source and hence could be doing anything with my data that I don't know of. And then storj pops up. With a nice sync app for desktops and a mobile app hopefully in the future, it would cover my needs completely, from what I gather. And oh, I'm on Ubuntu, if that makes a difference.
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

Thank you for adding me dev. I can't wait  Smiley
super3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:10:12 PM

Second this. I tend to stay off bitcointalk.org, too, if at all possible. Came here too, through /r/storj.
After all, "early access" is a mentioned keyword when subscribing to the mailing list :-)

Oh, if applicants are accepted even with next to no posts on bitcointalk, I'd be very interested, too. For a good time, I'd wanted something like this to replace my current Dropbox/Copy.com solution, then had a look at Bittorrent Sync, but discarded that as it is not open source and hence could be doing anything with my data that I don't know of. And then storj pops up. With a nice sync app for desktops and a mobile app hopefully in the future, it would cover my needs completely, from what I gather. And oh, I'm on Ubuntu, if that makes a difference.
Easier to fix the easy problems with 16 people, than 2,000. That way we avoid Goxxing and BFLing everyone. Those on the mailing list will be priority access, we just want to be actually ready for you guys first.

All the software is in Python, so we have full platform independence.

Thanks for the reply, but what do the Server use AES256bit? And why you say Server I thought it is decentralized
You misunderstand decentralization. It is the "process of redistributing or dispersing functions, powers, people or things away from a central location or authority." Metadisk runs on a server, but anyone can run their own server. There is no central location or authority.

As for encryption we are using AES128-CTR, with convergent encryption using SHA256 hashes, and passphrase salt.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
presidentcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

Easier to fix the easy problems with 16 people, than 2,000. That way we avoid Goxxing and BFLing everyone. Those on the mailing list will be priority access, we just want to be actually ready for you guys first.

All the software is in Python, so we have full platform independence.

You misunderstand decentralization. It is the "process of redistributing or dispersing functions, powers, people or things away from a central location or authority." Metadisk runs on a server, but anyone can run their own server. There is no central location or authority.

As for encryption we are using AES128-CTR, with convergent encryption using SHA256 hashes, and passphrase salt.

Ok and thank for the reply.  Please add me to the Beta I really want to test it

kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:06:10 PM

I would loooooove to be part of the beta. Please? Smiley
knahrvorn

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:23:35 AM

Fair enough, that's a very valid point. You might have considered mentioning this thread in the mailing list, though, but I guess that would have flooded the thread. Thanks for adding me!
Atroxes

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:08:27 AM

Would also really love to be a part of the beta. Been looking forward to try and stress such a system with different setups, disk configs, types of internet connections and so on.
hanzosan

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 01:40:13 PM

Hello,

I'm interessed in this but i was wondering about legal issue. I mean copyrighted files and illegal files.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:47:42 PM

Hello,

I'm interessed in this but i was wondering about legal issue. I mean copyrighted files and illegal files.

Since everything is encrypted, it'd be hard to get in legal trouble for hosting unknown content if you don't know what it is or have access to it. But i'm not a lawyer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: