Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:05:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Lift the skirt’ campaign urges French schoolboys to skip trousers for a day  (Read 3720 times)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 03:54:00 PM

Talked to some female colleagues and friends, who are by no means feminist, about this. They reacted to the title of the campaign, "Lift the Skirt", perceiving it as derogatory, alluding to prostitution or frivolous/indecent conduct.

Exactly. I seriously doubt whether this campaign has anything to do with protesting against the prevalent sexism. All I can see is that some of the perverted exhibitionists are making full use out of it.

Wouldn't you be less effected by it if you stopped actively trying to find this stuff? 

noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:33:32 AM

This is actually good news. It only drives up support for the far right in France, whose recent boon was due to backlash over the insane homo indoctrination being pushed in schools.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:50:37 AM

This is actually good news. It only drives up support for the far right in France, whose recent boon was due to backlash over the insane homo indoctrination being pushed in schools.

Hmm... Perhaps this was just what the Front National needed, ahead of the European elections next week. I believe that they are the only pro-heterosexual party in France right now.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:02:04 PM

I agree with my fellow member that this a sign of mental sickness. Friends the world faces greater risk from problems like global warming. This is such a trivial issue. It should have been given such gr8 focus

Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:48:24 PM

You'll find there is no 'pro-homosexual' party trying to discourage heterosexual behaviour - instead, the majority of parties in enlightened nations support a policy of letting people decide their own sexual identity.

That may be the case, officially, but why all the parades...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:15:30 PM

Nantes education authorities have launched a 'Lift the Skirt' campaign to support gender equality. Under the campaign, male students and teachers of 27 public schools are invited to wear skirts on May 16, sparking controversy in the western French city.

The idea to swap trousers for skirts in a stand against sexism originated from pupils themselves, and was sanctioned by the city's school authorities and therefore by the Ministry of Education, the Local reported.

That's all and fine, but "students themselves" are just children, who mirror what the society around them does...

Hahahaha what are they smoking

What mental illness is our society suffering from?
Too much power in the hands of to few people. Comes along with a lot of propaganda, worked in the past, works now.

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:22:24 PM

What mental illness is our society suffering from?

it's retarted

this has the same relation with sexism as I do with Obama

I mean..

this doesn't even...

damn Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: