Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:22:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CGB Core Team - Update Thread  (Read 3159 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:01:51 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 01:38:26 PM by elambert

I will post the CGB Core Development Team updates to this thread as they come out. For historical updates, please visit the CGB website or the CGB announcement thread.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:02:35 AM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – May 14, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Cryptogenic Bullion is a unique crypto and to understand its value, research is required. This is one of the problems that we face as a community when trying to explain the merits of CGB. Where most other coins are caught up in a massive churning of pumps, excitement, scams, mining, and other daily activities of the crypto-scene, Cryptogenic Bullion seems to sit patiently on the sidelines and observe these generally undisciplined behaviors. We would like to quickly explain some of the reasons why promotion and adoption of CGB is very different from most other crypto-currencies.  

As explained in this post on Reddit, CGB derives its value by holding it as a more stable store of wealth. This contrasts starkly with what gives most other cryptos out there value, which is the size of the user-base who is holding to spend. Cryptogenic Bullion investors are holding to store wealth or anticipate such demand and there are many factors which better suit CGB for this role above the others. Please see the section on CGB’s Life Cycle on the Learn More page of the Official Website for more detailed information on the bigger picture of CGB and how it builds value.

Let’s quickly go over the motivations for holding CGB compared to the motivations for holding a daily spending currency such as Doge. CGB is designed to be held to store wealth. The more people who are holding CGB to store wealth, the more scarce CGB will be and greater the unit value. Currencies such as Doge are designed to be spent and used on a daily bases. The more people who are holding Doge to spend, the more scarce Doge becomes and the greater the unit value. Notice that investors can profit from increases in these types of demand, and purchasing accordingly in order to sell at the higher prices once demand is realized. These two use cases are fundamentally different and require a different approach to promote the adoption of each.  

Here are a few questions that have been recently asked and some guidance on how to proceed:  

Is merchant development a goal for CGB?
As CGB is intended to store wealth and not to expand through retail activity directly, merchant development is a goal for CGB but not in the typical way. Our strategy would be to encourage merchants who already accept other crypto to store their wealth in CGB, and consider accepting CGB alongside their existing currency selection.  

Is getting listed on more exchanges a goal for CGB?  
While it doesn’t hurt to be listed on more exchanges, low volume exchanges with a small user base offer very little value to the CGB community. Exchanges with a large user base would be helpful, especially if there are traders willing to make profit from arbitrage providing liquidity to this user base, and activity on CGB trading pairs.  

Does low current volume and price hinder CGB’s advance as a store of wealth?  
I urge everyone who asks this question to read CGB’s Life Cycle to understand the transition that CGB is currently undergoing. We also have to also look at the bigger picture of the crypto-markets which have suffered overall from Bitcoin’s recent decline. These are normal cycles that happen. When capital begins to flow inward again on a massive scale, it may be triggered by worries of hyperinflation, or other fiat currency problems. Fleeing investors may be looking for an asset which does not have the heavy inflationary tax of the very system they are fleeing. Cryptogenic Bullion will be perfectly poised, having completed its volatile inflationary phase, and awaiting the inflows of its capitalization phase. Our strategy is optimized for CGB to benefit from the increasing troubles of the global fiat-debt monetary system.  

Would a profit spending multipool boost CGB’s value?  
Artificial demand, which has nothing to do with the intended use of CGB, provides no long term value. This type of scheme would increase volatility (not a benefit to wealth storage), and reduce our credibility through a lack of fundamental understanding of CGB’s proper role. We can look at previous cases and conclude that the new multipool idea itself is what caused the demand, not the underlying asset being bought. We need to focus our efforts on projects which bring real value to those who use CGB to store wealth.  

Is low mining profitability bad for CGB?  
Remember that CGB has, for the past year, allocated the majority of the currency supply that will ever be, through mining. As we transition to the capitalization phase of CGB, this low mining reward is part of the reason why investors will find CGB so appealing. With less “money printing (mining),” our annual inflation is approaching its permanent target of 2% growth/year through mining and minting. This is the natural progression of CGB.  

There has been a lot of interesting discussion on Reddit about getting CGB into the hands of communities through local interaction and a holistic multi-service approach. Community involvement is needed, ask the tough questions, get involved! We encourage you all to participate and give your thoughts on those ideas and the ones discussed in this post!  

The CGB Core Team
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:44:00 AM

I like the CGB and invest in it since its inception. I hope to achieve the goals it set. I believe in it!  Smiley

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:33:13 PM

I like the CGB and invest in it since its inception. I hope to achieve the goals it set. I believe in it!  Smiley
give me a reason why i should invest this project
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

You shouldn't. CGB is one of the original 'Cryptsy In-House' scam coins, cloned by Shakezulu for 5 LTC and designed only to make elambert, BitJohn, BigVern, defaced, and a few other 'Backroom' boys some easy money.

Love how they 'make it a feature' to be 'held.' (read, all mined out and nowhere to go).You should invest if you like giving your money to the good ol'boys. At least the client gets updates Roll Eyes

Whatever happened to that lunacy bullshit 'amazing numbers and data analysis' project stuff?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:20:38 PM

You shouldn't. CGB is one of the original 'Cryptsy In-House' scam coins, cloned by Shakezulu for 5 LTC and designed only to make elambert, BitJohn, BigVern, defaced, and a few other 'Backroom' boys some easy money.

Love how they 'make it a feature' to be 'held.' (read, all mined out and nowhere to go).You should invest if you like giving your money to the good ol'boys. At least the client gets updates Roll Eyes

Whatever happened to that lunacy bullshit 'amazing numbers and data analysis' project stuff?
You're spreading FUD only. So you're essentially saying that if the POW period is near the end or has completely ended for a coin that it is useless? Please stop talking nonsense. CGB was always and will be great.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:14:05 PM

Your best bet is to visit the website and do your own research to determine if you want to invest. There is plenty of literature there outlining the differentiation, benefits and goals of CGB. Let me know if you have any questions.
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

Well! I'm a fan of graphics so as CGB in the group of crypto coins whose direction of motion is closest to that of bitcoin. This makes it relatively easy to predict, unlike most other crypto coins that react with a delay of 5-10 days. There is a decent market capitalization and reliable investors.

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:56:29 PM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – May 30, 2014

First, we would like to thank you all for being patient about the weekly updates. Although time is even more precious than CGB, we manage to find enough of it to keep things rolling behind the scenes. There are so many things going on right now including preparations for CGB's birthday celebration, the soon to be released client update, a new promotional campaign (unannounced), our community project CryptoTown On The Ground, and details of back-end services. To quickly set some better expectations for the weekly update, work load prevents its completion on a strict schedule. Please expect the release once a week, nearest to Wednesday as possible.

Some details about the client update are in order. It is expected to be released within the next couple weeks depending on completing the new feature set and testing before deployment. Confirmed features include look and feel improvement, PoW/PoS security improvements, GUI unlock/minting, some relevant Novacoin patches. Scrypt merged mining capabilities are almost certain to be included and we are still looking into multisig capabilities for compatibility with distributed coin exchanges. We still need to do testing to make sure this will be the client CGB deserves.

We would like to highlight some of the major work that has been going on in our efforts at the front lines of cryptocurrency adoption. Here is some excerpted text from the official CryptoTown On The Ground community document:

The CrytoTown On The Ground project represents a largely uncharted aspect of cryptocurrency technology which is face-to-face, "real world," economic interaction and community building. The project aims to provide guidelines and resources for structuring your own CryptoTown Neighborhood, enrolling your business, or participating as a community member. This project is founded on the principles of self-sufficiency, decentralization and sustainability. All CryptoTown Neighborhoods are created equal meaning there is no formal structure or hierarchy but guidelines for sharing resources and working together. Our focus is on empowering communities with the knowledge and resources required to quickly and effectively implement and benefit from cryptocurrencies. The CryptoTown Protocol is designed with the understanding that central management is neither desirable nor practical especially when dealing with cryptocurrency technology.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:48:22 PM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - June 4, 2014

It seems that the altcoin world is really grinding through a tough patch as Bitcoin recovers from the recent hostile positions taken against it by government and big business alike. For CGB, it is a bit of a unique situation. Very few coins have had to deal with the turbulence of moving beyond the mining phase, which seems to attract all of the attention. We now have to forge ahead and create value in ways other than mining focused speculation. Up until this point, CGB has been tracing along its original vision, and will continue to justify the demand for an asset made to act like gold or silver as well as a cryptocurrency could. This is a great premise for a currency, but the details are still not widely known as to how this is so and why it matters. As we continue toward our educational objectives, we are also undertaking a major course change for the CGB community which aims to create real world value for not only CGB, but all deserving cryptocurrencies.

Before we continue with the details, one matter needs to be discussed. Our lead developer, Tash (Artiface), has recently been overwhelmed with a personal family emergency and has asked us to help scale back his responsibilities for the time being. This puts the release date of the next client into an uncertain position. We are dealing with this in stride and firmly accept that part of our overall strategy will be to attract a more diverse and robust selection of talent on the CGB Core Team. Efforts to this end have already been undertaken, but it will be a process we hope to accelerate through the execution of the strategy outlined in this update. It is clear that we need to realign CGB to the realities we face, in order to drive the investment of capital, skill, and time by those interested in advancing cryptocurrency adoption, in addition to CGB's potential itself.

With the momentum built up, and a trail of success to look back on, we are better able to look forward to what this new course for CGB should be. We have established that the Cryptogenic Bullion community is happy to support more open and welcoming projects which encourage cooperation and effort spent towards common goals, not specifically to the benefit of CGB, but to all. This has allowed us to think really big and generate concrete ideas which may likely gain the attention of the entire cryptosphere. CGB is becoming a nexus for taking cryptocurrencies out into the streets, into the businesses, amongst neighbors, hidden away in offline wallets occupying vaults and safes, or hidden in the smallest imaginable space, perhaps with a microfilm qr code. As we execute and explore real world strategies for cryptocurrency deployment, problems and inefficiencies will be remedied through active development of the suite of tools available for use by the CryptoTown Neighborhoods as part of the CryptoTown On The Ground project.

Our intent is to position CGB as a leader in the facilitation of cryptocurrency adoption at businesses with physical establishments. This means that CGB will have to be more than just a currency, it will have to come wrapped in a suite of tools and services which allow it to adapt to any use case. With this relationship under constant development, CGB will become part of the foundation used to build each CryptoTown, as could any cryptocoin project that wishes to participate to such an extent. This vision can only be achieved through a meaningful commitment by talented individuals throughout the cryptosphere and, as we have discussed, through an expansion of the CGB Core Team. There is a very large amount of work to be done and we believe it could optimally be handled by an additional 3 developers. We hope to create a collaborative environment which is even more inclusive than our current structure and a new organizational chart will be developed to this effect to better express the ways in which talented individuals may help out.

While we don't expect these positions to be filled immediately, we are appealing to the entire cryptosphere in the hopes of attracting candidates looking to help lead the charge with us. In addition to a CGB-CryptoTown tool developer, we wish to dedicate efforts to GUI and usability amongst our tool suite (with focus on the wallet software). Also, our community has put forth many excellent ideas which have been captured and assessed, but we have lacked the resources required to begin implementation. This includes changes to CGB's core protocol and client software capabilities. We would gladly welcome skilled candidates who are able to work on this or the other areas of development.

CGB has been around for a long time as far as cryptocurrencies go. Not only was it created with the professional image in mind, but the management of the project has been quite coherent throughout its deployment. We plan to build on, and leverage this reputation to advance CGB into the "real world" through the CryptoTown On The Ground project, while attracting the talent required to make this vision a reality for CGB. We may expect an amount of volatility in the price action as a new trend channel is formed, but looking at the bigger picture we are building real value and will continue to do so regardless of the day-to-day issues and fluctuations. As always, we will remain open and flexible to any concerns or ideas presented by the community.

All comments are especially welcome,

The CGB Core Team
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:30:41 PM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - June 16, 2014

As we work to align CGB and our community efforts to the reality of the situation in the cryptosphere, our purpose has become more clear. We are hopefully approaching the end of the current loss of interest and capital in the overall crypto markets which has thrown aside so many coins which were not fundamentally sound enough to survive. If we are indeed approaching the next big leg up or not is a question that has no bearing on our direction. We are taking the bull by the horns and doing something that, to my knowledge, no other cryptocoin community has done. We see it all the time where advocates of one coin or another are baffled by how undervalued their coin is. They try to convince each other about how much better one or the other is and that capital should be placed here or there. There is a fixation on the price, which leads nowhere, and only makes a coin look less secure.

What are we doing differently? We are building value (which precedes price) by directly tackling the problems which prevent that next big leg up from happening. We have discerned the next logical steps not only for CGB but for Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, etc. It cannot be logically argued that "on the ground" adoption is not the next step that the cryptosphere should be putting its efforts into. We see a chicken and egg puzzle which requires capital to fund projects to push for cryptocurrency adoption, and yet the adoption is what will drive the next capitalization phase! This is to be solved by jump starting the process by bringing together the necessary intellectual capital to create a grassroots system which businesses and communities can use to deploy cryptocurrencies at little or no cost! We are creating a framework that anyone can use to give their coin "real world value" by facilitating adoption in a decentralized manner.

How does CGB benefit? The biggest hurdle CGB has faced is education. With a complete system in place which clarifies the need for a "suite of coins" to facilitate a strong cryptoeconomy, the value of coins like CGB will naturally be extolled. We are not going to stand by and wait for a better world to come along which understands the hows and whys of cryptocurrency for CGB to thrive in. We will create it. The natural evolution of cryptocurrencies is what will drive the demand for and appreciation of CGB among others. In this endeavor we will leverage the reputation and image of CGB to lead the greater community forward in the spirit of collaboration, casting aside the petty differences that keep us all down. CGB will soon be known as a coin with a community of consultants, who value highly any opportunity to develop answers to questions that have not yet been asked. This is the consultancy culture. This is what will attract further thinkers who wish to find logical discourse to explore their own vision.

Some latest updates to share with the community are regarding our search for developers, and our push for media attention. Artiface, our lead developer, is still in the middle of work and personal related time crunch which is as unexpected as it is unfortunate for us. He has conveyed hope that he will be able to come back to full potential within the next month or two. In the mean time we hope to leverage our publicity not only with CGB's birthday, but some real media connections that we are currently fostering, to expand our search. We expect that with our continued momentum building, we should be able to find more developer support within the greater community. We hope to be able to get some more widespread recognition of our ideas and progress in the coming weeks as these efforts come to fruition. We urge our community to put their own thinking caps on and make some comments especially in our development workshop threads.

The CGB Core Team
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:38:09 PM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - June 24, 2014

Good day everyone. This update will have to be brief as we are extremely busy making preparations for CGB's 1st birthday on the 27th, and other media attention that we are putting in major overtime to make happen. Quite a few developments recently should be mentioned in no special order:

We have a big favor to ask of the Cryptogenic Bullion community. We need donations. We are struggling to put together the funds for an ambitious professional marketing campaign. By next month, many of you will be shocked at the quality and exposure of our next big piece. For the ability to continue to fully capture the momentum we will need real funding. CGB is ready, CryptoTown is the face of the next big push. Your contributions could mean the difference between kicking off the party and waiting around for something to happen. This is a special appeal to anyone who may have the ability; don't just hold CGB, invest in it (CGB Foundation).

Details on Friday's party may be divulged shortly.

The CGB Core Team

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:48:09 AM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - July 8, 2014

This post has been put off in favor of some important events which have recently taken place for CGB.  First and foremost, we celebrated CGB's first birthday on the 27th. A fundraising event was held to help pay for a media promotion as part of the marketing strategies of both CGB, and the CryptoTown project. It was a great success with 2 BTC and over 5000 CGB raised and we would like to thank the community for coming together to make this happen (and bahamapascal for doubling donations!). The fruits of this effort have already begun to arrive with an article placed in the CryptoBiz Magazine. They really appreciated the content, and the potential of what we are doing and, in an unexpected surprise, made us the cover story! The funds raised have also paid for some future promotion which we will produce within a month's time as part of an ongoing campaign.  

The CryptoTown On The Ground project has been receiving a lot of attention as we refine and better explain it. We are trying to maintain a separation of CGB and CryptoTown to create an example of how other cryptocommunities can help out. I want to quickly explain what we are giving to and getting from the CryptoTown project. The project was created out of necessity for CGB. We have left behind PoW mining as a primary focus and have therefore lost the majority of the attention. This is a question that any coin community can ask: If our mining profitability drops too low, where will the demand come from? The answer is that it should come from adoption into its intended role. Adoption of crypto is a goal of CryptoTown On The Ground.  

It should be noted, that just because the CGB Core Team and community have made great contributions to the CryptoTown project, it does not mean that CryptoMalls will advocate for CGB, nor that businesses will end up accepting or storing it. What makes that happen is our continued dedication to making CGB a currency that is easy to use and which has a suite of tools and services available for the use cases we encounter in the project. This is adoption. This is breaking it down into the actual task.  

Through the CryptoTown On The Ground project we will be able to open contact between adoption projects (including CryptoMalls), and our support network of consultants and developers. We hope that common goals will enable collaboration amongst cryptocoin communities. Another bonus is recognition in social media via official CryptoTown channels. These benefits are not only available to CGB, but also to any cryptocoin community that wishes to show a strong commitment.  

Speaking of collaboration, we would like to put out another request for developers. With our lead developer currently in a semi-inactive state, our Core Team is unable to produce our next client version in a timely manner. If any readers know of a software developer who might fit the bill, let us know! We are able to offer thanks in the form of monetary compensation (CGB).  I will also note here, that there are many other opportunities amongst CGB and CryptoTown for software development.  

A special thanks to our consultancy crowd hanging out at our CGB Topic on Bitcointalk. Some excellent, excellent quality discussion has been shared by many especially in the past few weeks. A distinguished mention for BTCat, with outstanding activity and quality. Our community is highly appreciated!  

The CGB Core Team
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:53:52 AM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - July 18, 2014

Greetings to all! This is going to be a little different than our usual updates. As we have previously conveyed, these updates contain anything that we feel is important to the success of CGB, in addition to Core Team developments. You may also expect them to be slightly more brief, and possibly more interactive.  

To begin, we are ecstatic to welcome Raizor to the Core Team as a software developer. Since he offered his talents via Reddit, our team has been uplifted by his contributions. He was personally responsible for fixing the bug which brought our Comkort market offline, and has continued become familiar with, and improve the CGB wallet client software. We have been discussing many potential client features, a development workshop has been created to encourage community participation.

Some of our previous efforts continue to bring reward with some additional publicity related to the release of the July issue of the CryptoBiz Magazine. We have also been very active with the creation of Development Workshops for both CGB and the CryptoTown project. They are a persistent (linked on the website or sidebar) discussion intended to capture and develop ideas. Consider dropping a quick mention of your best idea on any of the following recently established workshops:

The following is the introductory paragraph to the Consultancy Culture and the Universal Perspective workshop. It's designed to be made into an infographic, with condensed points. The other three paragraphs provide some fundamental justification for the adoption of cryptocurrency and the CryptoTown project.

The universal perspective. ■ In pursuit of fundamentally objective discussion. ■ With a focus on transcendent thought. ■ The right question is more important than the right answer. ■ Always account for natural forces. ie. Reality. ■ Nothing can be truly classified, everything is unique. ■ Identify the variables, discuss effects of their potential values. ■ Monocultures and other extremes tend to be unstable. ■ Favor swings like a pendulum over time between perceived dualities.

Discussion is appreciated!

The CGB Core Team
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

Forgot to mention this so I'll just post it here!

CGB Reaches PoW Baseline Target (after 1 year)!
Low 2%/yr monetary base expansion now locked in.

CGB has recently hit its baseline inflation target, completing its ~1 Year PoW mining schedule!  

• Approximately 15 CGB are mined per day!
  • Currently about 955K CGB exist!
  • Every year we add 5500 CGB (PoW) and an additional maximum of 15000 CGB (PoS).

We would like to add and organize more of the above, as well as collect a list of all coins that have reached their baseline goal! I will start with the only ones that I recall at the moment.  

• Quark (6MO)  
  • BlackCoin (1WK)  

Please add to the list!  
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:06:08 PM

CGB Core Team Update - August 10, 2014

Greetings to the CGB family! Just wanted to take a few moments to update the community on recent activity. There has been a period of stagnancy and downward price movement with crypto-currencies of late and some are feeling doubt of an uncertain future. Regulatory measures are a hot button topic and clarity on what this means will take time to be defined. Regardless of these extenuating circumstances, the CGB Core Team and community will continue to march ahead and work to create this future rather than let sit idly and let it define us.  

First a few updates:

-   New CGB client ‘Vault 2.0’ is in development with a tentative release date of mid-September. The Vault 2.0 will include a redesigned GUI, Coin Control, QR codes, unlock for staking button, network statistics, fully implemented multisig and some other surprises. Here is a quick teaser screenshot, but this is an early draft.

-   The language on the CGB website and announcement thread on Bitcointalk have been edited to reflect that the baseline mining reward has been reached after a year of fair distribution, the annual inflation target of 2% maximum is now locked in! Also a site-wide announcement has been added to the website to draw attention to this investment friendly condition.

-   The CGB Core Team was interviewed by BITCOINIST.NET’s Nigel Dollentas. Have a read here!

-   An exciting achievement was made recently by the IMZ team in putting CGB to real world face to face use! Excellent work and dedication being exemplified – this is the kind of activity that the CryptoTown on the Ground project was born from and will continue to grow from. Great work IMZ team!

-   CGB was added to an exclusive list of only 9 coins on a unique new exchange currently in beta, Cryptilla! Read more about the team behind Cryptilla here.

-   The CGB community recently demonstrated some of its abilities by coming together and getting CGB added to the Crypto-Trade exchange! Crypto-Trade was targeted as a goal for having CGB added due to their impressive list of features including USD pairing! They have stood the test of time in the crypto-currency 'Wild West' and are an excellent alternative for buying and selling CGB, via crypto or fiat. Excellent work by the community as a whole!

-       An interesting thread started by BTCCat. Stop by and chime in with your opinion of the Best Altcoin to invest in for 2015.

In related news:

-   The August 2014 Issue of CryptoBiz Magazine has been released! Excellent work by the CryptoBiz team! Check out the thought provoking literary masterpiece authored by one of our own - pg. 30. (32-33 in viewer)! Also, see the CGB advertising banner on the CryptoBiz site!

Moving forward:

-   Excellent discussion ongoing in the CGB community with regard to encouraging 'real-world-use' adoption of CGB! The community has some CryptoTown 'nodes' being established and developed in local communities. These essentially involve an individual taking the initiative, rolling up their sleeves and hitting their local points of commerce to promote CGB and other crypto-currencies. If you are looking to get started in your local community but don't know where to start, please inquire right here or over at Reddit. Of course sharing your experience, obstacles and achievements is welcomed!

-   The suggestion has also been made regarding focusing on advertising CGB to the larger professional investment community. So much of what we are relaying is confined to the very small niche community of crypto-currency enthusiasts. An overwhelming majority of this community is composed of those with a more short-term mentality of mine and dump or pump and dump for a quick profit. Obviously this is not the type CGB is targeted for by design, although they should be careful to invest some of their equity into a long term investment strategy. This targeted advertising has actually begun with our most recent campaign launched via our cover story on the July issue of CryptoBiz Magazine.

The CGB Core Team

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:38:38 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 04:02:49 PM by elambert

CGB Core Team Update - September 4, 2014

Greetings to the CGB family! So much going on behind the scenes as well as in the community - very exciting times we are experiencing! On behalf of the CGB Core Team, I would like to make an announcement to summarize what is going on presently and give some detail to the direction that we are heading. Remember, the CGB Core Team is a group of volunteers committed to CGB because we believe in its fundamentals. CGB is only as strong as the community who rallies around it and supports its promotion and adoption, so please get involved by spreading the word, voting, posting, or wherever else you feel you can contribute to community improvement.

Updates:

-   Development continues and is progressing very nicely with the new CGB client ‘The Vault 2.0’. Again, ‘The Vault 2.0’ includes a redesigned GUI, Coin Control, QR codes, unlock for staking button and some other surprises. We are now beginning testing of the Coin Control features via testnet and will keep the community appraised as a more concrete release date develops. Below are a couple new teaser screenshots.

-   As soon as ‘The Vault 2.0’ is released to the public, work on the next client update will continue with a tentative target release date of late 2014. ‘The Vault 2.1’ will include a hard fork as there will be adjustments to even further secure the network via achieving a more balanced PoW/PoS block generation and planned implementation of merge mining to boost the hashrate. Expect the client to continue to evolve dramatically as we have a number of exciting ‘new to the cryptosphere’ features in the pipeline to develop and implement. The team is aligned with the shared mission of adding features that are user friendly, game changing and practical as we believe innovation and simplicity of use to be critical factors in the push for mass adoption.

-   To the previous point, we are always looking for interested collaborators to join the CGB Core Team and to help with the development and implementation of the growing pipeline of projects. Experienced developer positions are open as well as a ‘Lead Artist’ position to handle logo, banners, advertisements, etc. Please reach out directly should you want to apply for any of the openings through the website or email us directly at cryptogenicbullion@gmail.com.

-   The language on the CGB website has been edited in a manner that hopefully makes the minting of CGB via PoS easier for the less techno savvy to understand and follow – again ease of use is a priority that we will continue to address and improve as we feel this is critical to mass adoption. Suggestions are of course welcome with better clarifying this or just editing. Here is the link to the edited ‘Get CGB’ page.

-   Our friends at Finite By Design, LLC have announced that they will be attending a ‘Bitcoin Conference’  in early October where they will parlay their promotional table to also promote Cryptogenic Bullion! It sounds as if the raffling off of a physical Cryptogenic Bullion bar made of 1 troy ounce of .999 silver will occur as well as handouts of CGB business cards containing 1 CGB each! This is extremely exciting news and we are very grateful for this collaboration! Below are screenshots of the CGB business card templates as provided by Finite By Design, LLC.

-   We will once again be working with our friends over at CryptoBiz Magazine to create a promotional video press release for CGB. More to come on this…

-   We are extremely excited about a new product being developed for which CGB is in the running to be included, CasheerApp. Please check out the project and show your support and if possible, please participate in the CGB thread to encourage Casheer to add CGB to their platform. Their decision on which coins to support is dependent on the communities participation as shown in their forums, so please stop by and put in a good word for CGB!

-   CGB is being actively voted for addition to a few exchanges at the moment so your support there is welcomed and encouraged as well.

* Bter - This is the focus priority for addition
* SwissCEX
* Cryptex
* AskCoin

-   There are currently about 954,000 CGB in circulation with an ever so slight inflationary headwind of an absolute maximum of about 50 CGB ($3 at current value) created per day via PoW and PoS. Compare this to the inflationary profile of Bitcoin where each day 7,200 new BTC are created ($3,420,000 at current value)! This startling statistic alone evidences why we believe Cryptogenic Bullion to be a superior store of value over the long term and as attention from investors builds, the market cap will rather quickly meet and surpass the previous all time highs from November/December of 2013 when CGB was valued at over $5 each.

The CGB Core Team
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:20:59 AM

Let's hope so.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:12:03 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:38:19 PM by elambert

CGB Core Team Update - September 11, 2014

Greeting CGB family! I wanted to drop in to provide a quick Core Team update for the community. First and foremost, I am extremely pleased to announce the promotion of Raizor to the Lead Developer position for CGB! Raizor has proven himself as a talented and visionary developer time and again and has more than justified his qualification for this position. Please join me in congratulating him! Artiface will continue to work with us in more of a Development Consultant/Advisor role until the opportunity presents itself for him to get more involved in the hands-on, day-to-day operations.

Updates:

-   Testing and development continues for the new client and we are getting close to announcing a release date. Coin control testing has gone extremely well, the unlock for staking button is working, the client is looking sharp, etc… I am sure the community will be pleased to hear that start-up time has been greatly improved as well.

-   As mentioned in the previous update, we are already planning the subsequent client which will require a hard fork. Our objective is to maximize the security of the Cryptogenic Bullion network and I am confident we are on the right track to accomplish this. A White Paper is now in the works to outline our vision for what the coming hard fork will entail. The release date for the paper and the associated work of implementation is still tentative but we will update the community as often as possible.

-   Again, we are always looking for interested collaborators to join the CGB Core Team and to help with the development and implementation of the growing pipeline of projects. Experienced developer positions are open as well as a ‘Lead Artist’ position to handle logo, banners, advertisements, etc. Please reach out directly should you want to apply for any of the openings through the website or email us directly at cryptogenicbullion@gmail.com.

-   Once again I would like to express our excitement over a new product being developed for which CGB is in the running to be included, CasheerApp. Coins are being added regularly based upon community support in the coin’s respective thread over at their forums. If you are a CGB supporter, please take a moment to check out the project and show your support for CGB’s addition in the CGB thread.

-   CGB is being actively voted for addition to a few exchanges at the moment so your support there is welcomed and encouraged as well.
* Bter - This is the focus priority for addition
* SwissCEX
* Cryptex
* AskCoin

The CGB Core Team
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

CGB Core Team Update - October 12, 2014

Greetings to the CGB family! A quick update on CGB Core Team progress is outlined below.

Updates:

-   The new CGB client, “The Vault”, is nearing completion. The Vault currently includes multisig, Bullion Control (CGB’s version of coin control), dramatically improved start up time, new look and terminology, a more user-friendly design (unlock vault and unlock vault for staking button) and a new splash screen (see sneak peek below). Remaining items before release are installation of QR codes, appearance tweaks and some additional testing.

New splash screen teaser:

-   White paper work has begun and editing and implementing will become the priority after the client release.

-   Again, we are always looking for interested collaborators to join the CGB Core Team and to help with the development and implementation of the growing pipeline of projects. Experienced developer positions are open as well as a ‘Lead Artist’ position to handle logo, banners, advertisements, etc. Please reach out directly should you want to apply for any of the openings through the website or email us directly at cryptogenicbullion@gmail.com.

The CGB Core Team
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: