Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does martingale really works?  (Read 123217 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:03:15 PM

I really wish that the OP or some moderators would go ahead and lock this thread.  Anyone who still doesn't know if "martingale really works" after 95 pages of discussion is just not going to learn anything because a few more paid posters add their 2 satoshis.  This thread gets brought back from the dead twice a year and nothing new is ever actually added.

+1

Funnily enough, I saw this thread with its huge contribution in unread topics just now and thought "WTF? Of course it doesn't", came to have a look and hopefully find some major insight and of course, there is none.
A perfect thread to farm on/pick up sig money (see above poster's history for an example).

Burn it.

What you should do if you think this thread is useless is make a thread in meta about this or a PM to one of the global moderators, although I'm pretty sure its tolerable sig spam at this point others might have a different opinion

#Meta #Don'tDeleteThisMods

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:21:59 PM

Does Martingale work in +Ev?

I am talking about if you bet 1$,

if you lose = -0.95 $

if you win. = +1 $

Is there any method?

Even in +EV you will probably lose at some point when u hit a losing streak.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:33:51 PM

yes, martingale really work, but need big bank and more time.
i use every day it. but profit is really low.
if your bank 100btc you can earn every day about 0.5..1btc

if you have 100 btc then you will never bet 1 satoshi. instead you will bet a bigger amount for bigger profit and so you will be in the position.

and if you start with 1 satoshi to minimize the risk then there is still a chance you lose all the 100 btc but at the same time your winning is small amounts of 1 satoshi because you will win most of the time.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:47:14 PM

i had just remember was use these strategy once and it does really working because i won from that
but when i would use these for second times i had lost my bets already and seems these strategy only working if you use it once
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:59:32 PM

@Nahl ^^^

you can't really talk about a strategy by using it twice. the pros and cons of any strategy will be shown when used multiple times which means you have to at least use it with a fixed setting for a couple of hundred rolls then decide how good or bad the strategy is. you can even do it with 0 amount bets to test things to see how many reds in a row is possible to get.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
tspacepilot
Legendary

Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:02:47 PM

Quote from: t Cheesy
spacepilot link=topic=610339.msg14160361#msg14160361 date=1457648332
I really wish that the OP or some moderators would go ahead and lock this thread.  Anyone who still doesn't know if "martingale really works" after 95 pages of discussion is just not going to learn anything because a few more paid posters add their 2 satoshis.  This thread gets brought back from the dead twice a year and nothing new is ever actually added.

Yes, for people who have read this thread already there is almost nothing new everytime the thread is brought back. But we shouldn't forget about newcomers. I think almost everybody who start gambling comes to idea of martingale in one form or another. It happened to me too some time ago. I thought martingale was my invention.  Grin

So for the sake of newcomers I think this thread should not be locked ever....but that's just my opinion of course.

Locking it wouldn't stop them from reading it.  And it would prevent the actual interesting posts (which are somewhere in the first 20 or 30 pages iirc) from being even further buried under mountains of "it didn't work for me!" posts.  It also wouldn't stop people from just reading the wikipedia page on matingale, which actually has quite a bit of analysis.  Whatev, yobit.net posters will apparrantely be bumping this thread for as long as they can get away with it.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:52:11 PM

yes, martingale really work, but need big bank and more time.
i use every day it. but profit is really low.
if your bank 100btc you can earn every day about 0.5..1btc

if you have 100 btc then you will never bet 1 satoshi. instead you will bet a bigger amount for bigger profit and so you will be in the position.

and if you start with 1 satoshi to minimize the risk then there is still a chance you lose all the 100 btc but at the same time your winning is small amounts of 1 satoshi because you will win most of the time.
This is where exactly the problem arises for most of the gamblers while applying Martingale strategies. Number of negative bets and bankroll are highly interlinked with base bet amount. To withstand many consecutive negative bet amount, we need to stick with very low base bet or you still need an infinite bankroll.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:36:23 PM

Martingale works.
That's what I still believe.
35 losing streak... Not a big deal.
Bigger BANK ROLL needed but not that much.
It's GeneratioNextingale.

Yeah but even if you bet 100 Sats, if you get a 35 losing streaking you end up risking like 10-20 BTC just to win those 100 Sats, worth it?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:40:19 PM

Everyone who has been a part of any gambling site must have tried martingale. so i just wanted to know your experience that have u ever gained profit from martingale? or its name should be changed to martinfail?

well to be honest i did, and probably i was just very lucky this time that i won

you see, it's luck based, you can't predict if you will win, most important is to take your won money when it's right time or you'll lose a lot of money, just if you'll make 1 tiny mistake
fullypak
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:52:01 PM

Martingale works.
That's what I still believe.
35 losing streak... Not a big deal.
Bigger BANK ROLL needed but not that much.
It's GeneratioNextingale.

Yeah but even if you bet 100 Sats, if you get a 35 losing streaking you end up risking like 10-20 BTC just to win those 100 Sats, worth it?

This method is depends on only luck and some time if your lucky than you will not get those continuous losing streak so one will make some money. But after winning we will not stop mostly and we will continue with playing until we lose all because of greediness. So in this method very important think is, just fix some amount to play for fun and if you win or lose don't add more funds to save yourself.
phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:19:44 AM

Everyone who has been a part of any gambling site must have tried martingale. so i just wanted to know your experience that have u ever gained profit from martingale? or its name should be changed to martinfail?

I believe gambling is more about luck. You can try out different methods but overall will reach the same outcome. Really depends on your luck.  Martingale seems 50/50. It may work out sometimes, but not all the time.
Egyman

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 08:01:50 AM

my kids martingale works like charm but only if you use hedging strategy with it

hedging: placing 3 bets at the same time and hope for 2 bets to win and it will recover the third bet,however if only one wins it will do martingale for this small amount in one bet ,but if 3 bets lost! the next recovery amount will be also the double of total of the lost 3 bets but it will not be in one bet! the recovery bet will be distributed in a new 3 bets  until you recover your losses ,it might sound like a circle and small profit but this is the only way to do martingale , but to do this you need a robot because it's impossible to do it manually

IF YOU FOUND THIS SOLUTION usefull, DONATE ONE BITCOIN TO PAPA EGYMAN

1LwZdx26wTgBGhjWGR4QqBSo2x5T68i9hj
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 08:58:33 AM

my kids martingale works like charm but only if you use hedging strategy with it

hedging: placing 3 bets at the same time and hope for 2 bets to win and it will recover the third bet,however if only one wins it will do martingale for this small amount in one bet ,but if 3 bets lost! the next recovery amount will be also the double of total of the lost 3 bets but it will not be in one bet! the recovery bet will be distributed in a new 3 bets  until you recover your losses ,it might sound like a circle and small profit but this is the only way to do martingale , but to do this you need a robot because it's impossible to do it manually

IF YOU FOUND THIS SOLUTION usefull, DONATE ONE BITCOIN TO PAPA EGYMAN

1LwZdx26wTgBGhjWGR4QqBSo2x5T68i9hj

I don't see how this is any different than just betting in a row. What difference does it make especially on the 50% bets. You can even just bet with 66% and chances are you will win each one but eventually you will lose 10 times in a row.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
electronicfactura

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:19:03 AM

I don't think so as this never worked for me whenever I used martingale I ended up at loosing. I can't believe when I was playing with martingale red streaks appeared even 13 times in a row after few mixed streaks. I was thinking at every streak next will be green and I will win back. This was repeated many time but had same fate of letting me in losses with zero balance always.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:26:55 AM

I don't think so as this never worked for me whenever I used martingale I ended up at loosing. I can't believe when I was playing with martingale red streaks appeared even 13 times in a row after few mixed streaks. I was thinking at every streak next will be green and I will win back. This was repeated many time but had same fate of letting me in losses with zero balance always.

That's right, martingale never really work, but I experience betting small bets and it works, but it didn't last, as my bet go higher, losing keeps on coming too,  I haven't found any explanation how martingale really works, it is more like wasting money than gaining your previous loss as you bet simultaneously...
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:35:12 AM

I consider luck being the only factor you can consider when it comes to gambling. As an experienced gambler (no, betting with low sums doesn't mean I'm unexperienced), strategies are working only if your luck is. If you don't trust me, try it out yourself. Tell me when you found a 'strategy' that makes you win every time. Wink
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

Yes, it works, but for short run. If you use this martingale strategy for long run, you will lose and busted for sure. My advice is not using this strategy for long run.
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:37:58 AM

Yes, in the short term martingale does work. It's only as you start to use it more often that the house edgestarts to favour to gambling site. My personal favourite is 33% win chance martingale method. I very rarely use dice sites though because it's hard to profit in the long run.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:48:03 AM

But in the end how to win if you don`t play some martingale? I`m playing everyday, and with my progressive gambling, I always double my next bet, maybe not first next, or second, but third for sure. Sometimes even bigger rise, but in the end everything is martingale, how to win without it.
In the end martingale works sometimes, sometimes not. I guess in order to profit from gambling we need to bet high when it work, and bet low when it not works, but how to feel this moment is big question. Everyone need to create some feeling for them self, this can not work otherwise.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
LiQuidx

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:53:12 AM

But in the end how to win if you don`t play some martingale? I`m playing everyday, and with my progressive gambling, I always double my next bet, maybe not first next, or second, but third for sure. Sometimes even bigger rise, but in the end everything is martingale, how to win without it.
In the end martingale works sometimes, sometimes not. I guess in order to profit from gambling we need to bet high when it work, and bet low when it not works, but how to feel this moment is big question. Everyone need to create some feeling for them self, this can not work otherwise.

You don't need to use martingale to have a profit.. An example that comes to mind is flat betting... You bet the same amount on different multipliers or the same and you choose a side. So yeah you can get some profit without multiplying your base bet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: