Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management  (Read 120841 times)
Pfool (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:32:44 PM

Tried to recompile the latest version from github and got the following error in the "log" pane from the web interface (click to enlarge):

Fixed

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:03:57 PM

Tried to recompile the latest version from github and got the following error in the "log" pane from the web interface (click to enlarge):

Fixed

thanks.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:00:40 AM

Fixed

thanks.

still a tiny bug: the list still shows "trace" as default value, even tough i have  "logLevel" : "INFO" in my conf file.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:12:52 PM

Change the value of the constant DEFAULT_EXTRANONCE1_TAIL_SIZE in the Constants.java file from 1 to 2.

In all cases, I am interested by the result of your experiment.
Good luck.

Well, more results. got more than 400 connections at least 3 times:

Code:
girino@proxy:~/stratum-proxy-0.6.0-girino-mod$ cat logs/7903/stratum-proxy.log* | grep 'connections active on pool' | grep subscribed | sort -nk 10 | tail
(...)
2015-01-12 13:07:43,775 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.231.200:35784-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.231.200:35784 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Nicehash X11.
2015-01-12 13:28:46,686 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.177.163:57692-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.177.163:57692 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Nicehash X11.
2015-01-13 13:02:54,507 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.141.6:13319-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.141.6:13319 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Westhash X11.
(...)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:03:15 PM

can you set the difficulty with this stratum?
bitsum

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:17:00 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 09:03:45 PM by bitsum

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
 Single Betarig ------------> proxy stratum---------> Pool B                                            
    (Big renter)                                      |           (Active)                          
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

possible? what would be the config?

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:00:39 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

yes - but not 'split' hashing for each pool ... just failover as far as i can see ...

so it will jump from one pool to another to another and then back again once the initial pools come back online ...

its how i run mine farm when i want to rent my hashes out ...

please correct me if im wrong here ...

#crysx

girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:29:03 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

yes - but not 'split' hashing for each pool ... just failover as far as i can see ...

so it will jump from one pool to another to another and then back again once the initial pools come back online ...

#crysx

I think you can set-up some kind of load balance mining 5 minutes on each pool round robin style. But i never tried...

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:44:03 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

#crysx

I think you can set-up some kind of load balance mining 5 minutes on each pool round robin style. But i never tried...

i have heard this happens too - but ive never tried either ... sounds too complicated - though ill be an honest and say i have never really looked into load-balancing with the proxy ...

i think i read somewhere in the forum that it wasnt really designed that way anyway ...

#crysx

bitsum

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:52:32 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

#crysx

ok so how wud be the config and what user and pass should be put into the beta renter?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:43:01 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

#crysx

ok so how wud be the config and what user and pass should be put into the beta renter?

for the load balance - you need to approach the owner / dev of the proxy ... pm him ...

as for the failover - well - thats actually very easy as there is a sample of the conf in the package ...

#crysx

bitsum

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:10:35 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

#crysx

for the load balance - you need to approach the owner / dev of the proxy ... pm him ...

as for the failover - well - thats actually very easy as there is a sample of the conf in the package ...

#crysx

ok then lets wait for the author for a response

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:04:06 PM

I'm having a strange issue.

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

java -jar stratum-proxy.jar -f stratum-proxy-x13.conf

without problems.

Now I want to add a second proxy, for x15, I change all the ports from 3333 to something else that there are no collisions but as soon as I fire up the second stratum, with stratum-proxy-x15.conf for example, BOTH pool connections fail due to "Connection Reset"..

When I stop one, the other one works.

Isn't it possible to have multiple proxys on one machine here ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:07:53 PM

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

without problems.

Now I want to add a second proxy, for x15, I change all the ports from 3333 to something else that there are no collisions but as soon as I fire up the second stratum, with stratum-proxy-x15.conf for example, BOTH pool connections fail due to "Connection Reset"..

I have 3 of them on my machine. You need to change lots of things, namely:
 "logDirectory"
 "stratumListenPort"
 "getworkListenPort"
 "apiListenPort"
 "databaseDirectory"

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:46:22 AM

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

without problems.

I have 3 of them on my machine. You need to change lots of things, namely:
 "logDirectory"
 "stratumListenPort"
 "getworkListenPort"
 "apiListenPort"
 "databaseDirectory"

exactly ... the log file gets overwritten consistently and the database also ...

i have 7 proxies sitting in one machine mining different pools / coins ...

the easiest way is simply to put them all into different directories and run them from each separate directories ( all mine run from automatic scripts ( very basic scripts at that - but they work ) ive written ) - making sure that every single one has different database / log directories as girino pointed out ...

though due to the placement in different directories - i dont specify the database directory - its automatically placed in the current folder its run from ...

#crysx

heybabit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:09:05 AM

For anyone asking about the round robin setup, here is my experience with it.

I have things setup like this:

--------->Pool A
                                                          |            (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
My rigs ------------> proxy stratum--------------> Pool B                                           
                                                          |            (Active)                         
                                                          |   
                                                          |                                       
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                          |             (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                           --------> Pool D
                                                                        (Active)

I have this set in my config:

"poolSwitchingStrategy": "WeightedRoundRobin",
  "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration": 60,

For pool A:
    "weight" : 12,

For pools B,C,D:
    "weight" : 1,

With this setup:

If pool A is available, all hashing is sent there. If pool A is unavailable, hash is split over these pools evenly over an hour. I haven't changed this for a while, so I may not recall all of this exactly. I don't think I tried to make the weights different for the other pools, so I don't know how that would affect things.
Pfool (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 11:27:02 AM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

#crysx

#crysx

ok then lets wait for the author for a response

The proxy cannot split the hashrate of a single worker. The real load-balancing is not possible to implement in a proxy (at least, I do not know how).

Round-robin is the best candidate for those who are looking for something which seems like load-balancing through the proxy.

Thanx Wink
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:17:42 PM

pfool can you pls compile latest version ? i think it's 0.60 ?

thx
Pfool (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:28:54 PM

New release: 0.6.0

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes:
-Bug fix : All share where rejected with message Invalid Extrnaonce 2 size when the pool sent a new extranonce2Size through a notification. (Only Nicehash was impacted)
-Bug fix : Pool was not declared as DOWN when a bad extranonce2Size was sent.
-Add the real share difficulty logging on the Getwork connections with "logRealShareDifficulty"
-Add the Getwork shares validation for the Scrypt with "validateGetworkShares" and "isScrypt": true
-Bug #23 fixed : Accept non numeric ids in JSON-RPC requests to support last versions of BFGminer.
-Bug #24 fixed : Username is mandatory only if "appendWorkerNames" is disabled and password is mandatory only if "useWorkerPassword" is disabled.
-Update Bootstrap to 3.3.1, bootstrap-select to 1.6.3 and highsotock to 2.0.4
-GUI technical refactoring.
-Add i18n (Only English and French at the moment)
-Add the proxy version in the footer
-Add the difficulty counters on users page.
-Add workerNumberLimit parameters to set the maximum number of workers connected on the proxy (256 or 65536 workers)
-Update the API documentation in README

/!\ There are some changes in the configuration file. You may have to modify your old configuration files.

thx

I saw your post during the packaging process Smiley

Thanx Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 02:56:30 AM

New release: 0.6.0

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes:
-Bug fix : All share where rejected with message Invalid Extrnaonce 2 size when the pool sent a new extranonce2Size through a notification. (Only Nicehash was impacted)
-Bug fix : Pool was not declared as DOWN when a bad extranonce2Size was sent.
-Add the real share difficulty logging on the Getwork connections with "logRealShareDifficulty"
-Add the Getwork shares validation for the Scrypt with "validateGetworkShares" and "isScrypt": true
-Bug #23 fixed : Accept non numeric ids in JSON-RPC requests to support last versions of BFGminer.
-Bug #24 fixed : Username is mandatory only if "appendWorkerNames" is disabled and password is mandatory only if "useWorkerPassword" is disabled.
-Update Bootstrap to 3.3.1, bootstrap-select to 1.6.3 and highsotock to 2.0.4
-GUI technical refactoring.
-Add i18n (Only English and French at the moment)
-Add the proxy version in the footer
-Add the difficulty counters on users page.
-Add workerNumberLimit parameters to set the maximum number of workers connected on the proxy (256 or 65536 workers)
-Update the API documentation in README

/!\ There are some changes in the configuration file. You may have to modify your old configuration files.

thx

I saw your post during the packaging process Smiley

awesome - will be testing over the next two days ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: