Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management  (Read 120837 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 07:56:38 PM

Did you have any problems with MRR (MiningRigRentals) when testing ?

MRR connects on Port 3333 usually but then redirects me to another Port, lets say 50002, often this redirect does not work so the Pool gets marked as DOWN and tries to reconnect every 5 seconds which still does not work.. A few restarts of the Pool then finally succeed.

If I connect my rigs directly to MRR - no problem.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:32:49 PM

MRR connects on Port 3333 usually but then redirects me to another Port, lets say 50002, often this redirect does not work so the Pool gets marked as DOWN and tries to reconnect every 5 seconds which still does not work.. A few restarts of the Pool then finally succeed.

I have issues with MRR but the other way around: i never succeed to make MRR connect to the proxy when renting hashrate from them. (i was trying to do some "arbitrage" with hash prices, so every time MRR was cheaper than nicehash i would buy MRR to mine on nicehash, sometimes it works, but most of the times it fails with MRR rented rigs not connecting or not hashing on the proxy)

Pfool (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:22:42 PM

Could you please send me your log file when you try to use MRR ? MRR surely uses the reconnect stratum notification (which should be supported by the proxy), but unfortunately I was not able to test it for real. It may be a bug in the management of this kind of notification.

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
jeffery_dahmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:27:32 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 11:02:18 PM by jeffery_dahmer

I looked through a few pages here and maybe i missed something, but does this only work for pools or does this allow you to mine the local wallet too? i know solo mining btc will be unprofitable albeit impossible without petahashes worth of equipment. im just trying to figure out statum-proxy 0.6.0 and setup solo pools to different low difficulty coins wallets. if this is capable, i have yet to figure it out. here is my stratum-proxy.conf file
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
    "name" : "coin",
    "host" : "127.0.0.1:xxxx",
    "user" : "coinuser",
    "password" : "password",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false
  }
  ]
}

the port xxxx isnt the port im using just an example and is the same as my rpc port in the coins conf file. the coin's conf also contains "listen=1" and ive allowed all ip's using "allowip=*.*.*.*" just in case i was messing something up there. however cgminer is able to connect and mine on the same computer, the same wallets, with the same settings no problem.

here is an excerpt from the logfile. it says nothing else and keeps repeating ever 5 secs

Code:
2015-02-02 15:22:15,127 ERROR    [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Disconnect of pool Pool [name=coin, host=127.0.0.1:xxxx, username=coinuser, password=password, readySince=null, isReady=false, isEnabled=true, isStable=false, priority=0, weight=1].

2015-02-02 15:22:15,129 WARN     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Pool coin is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,131 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Pool coin stopped.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,133 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Trying reconnect of pool coin in 5.0 seconds.

i found this in the cmd window

Code:
java.io.EOFException: Connection closed.
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection$1.run(StratumConnection.java:164)

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Still waiting, FrazzleNutz
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 01:46:21 AM

I looked through a few pages here and maybe i missed something, but does this only work for pools or does this allow you to mine the local wallet too? i know solo mining btc will be unprofitable albeit impossible without petahashes worth of equipment. im just trying to figure out statum-proxy 0.6.0 and setup solo pools to different low difficulty coins wallets. if this is capable, i have yet to figure it out. here is my stratum-proxy.conf file
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

the port xxxx isnt the port im using just an example and is the same as my rpc port in the coins conf file. the coin's conf also contains "listen=1" and ive allowed all ip's using "allowip=*.*.*.*" just in case i was messing something up there. however cgminer is able to connect and mine on the same computer, the same wallets, with the same settings no problem.

here is an excerpt from the logfile. it says nothing else and keeps repeating ever 5 secs

Code:
2015-02-02 15:22:15,127 ERROR    [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Disconnect of pool Pool [name=coin, host=127.0.0.1:xxxx, username=coinuser, password=password, readySince=null, isReady=false, isEnabled=true, isStable=false, priority=0, weight=1].

2015-02-02 15:22:15,129 WARN     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Pool coin is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,131 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Pool coin stopped.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,133 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Trying reconnect of pool coin in 5.0 seconds.

Code:
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection$1.run(StratumConnection.java:164)

i tried that also - but will not work ...

spreadcoin is the one i tried using this method with - and the straight stratum method ... both of which failed ...

i too would be interested if this proxy would allow solo mining ...

tanx ...

#crysx

girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:09:06 AM

Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

Code:

Code:

spreadcoin is the one i tried using this method with - and the straight stratum method ... both of which failed ...

tanx ...

#crysx

well, for spreadcoin you have two problems:
1- this proxy works with stratum, and solo mining uses "getwork", a different protocol.
2- spreadcoin has severely modified getwork to send a bunch of parameters that are needed for it, but are not present in other coins, so even if this proxy was to support it, it would need lots of changes in order to support spreadcoin.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:52:30 AM

Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

Code:

Code:

tanx ...

#crysx

1- this proxy works with stratum, and solo mining uses "getwork", a different protocol.
2- spreadcoin has severely modified getwork to send a bunch of parameters that are needed for it, but are not present in other coins, so even if this proxy was to support it, it would need lots of changes in order to support spreadcoin.

i figured it would be something along those lines girino ...

tanx for the explanation ...

#crysx

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:58:42 AM

tanx ...

#crysx

thanks for the responses
so this proxy only works with stratum pools?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 04:00:49 AM

tanx ...

#crysx

thanks for the responses
so this proxy only works with stratum pools?

seems that way mate ...

#crysx

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:34:06 PM

thats too bad. oh well off to the next one. thanks again for the responses.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 12:16:13 PM

Could you please send me your log file when you try to use MRR ? MRR surely uses the reconnect stratum notification (which should be supported by the proxy), but unfortunately I was not able to test it for real. It may be a bug in the management of this kind of notification.

I have sent you all my logs directly as PM.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:22:32 AM

Hi again,

I am having trouble with the new version. After sometime, it simply disconnects all my workers and does not accept any new connections. Connection to the pool seems to be fine (the log is full of lines saying that a new block was detected). I tried increasing the available memory (-Xmx1024m) but it didn't help.

The logs are available here: http://girino.org/stratum-proxy/stratum-proxy.log.gz

This problem does not happen with an earlier compile i made (the one where i modified the max number of workers), only with the 6.0 build.

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:22:16 PM

------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
 Single Betarig ------------> proxy stratum---------> Pool B                                           
    (Big renter)                                      |           (Active)                         
                                                          |     
                                                          |                                       
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

possible? what would be the config?

yes - but not 'split' hashing for each pool ... just failover as far as i can see ...

so it will jump from one pool to another to another and then back again once the initial pools come back online ...

its how i run mine farm when i want to rent my hashes out ...

please correct me if im wrong here ...

#crysx

I think you can set-up some kind of load balance mining 5 minutes on each pool round robin style. But i never tried...

ok so how wud be the config and what user and pass should be put into the beta renter?

for the load balance - you need to approach the owner / dev of the proxy ... pm him ...

as for the failover - well - thats actually very easy as there is a sample of the conf in the package ...

#crysx

ok then lets wait for the author for a response

+1 this feature request. Was just looking to see if there was some sort of load balance option rather than just failover when a pool goes offline or a rental ends.

In my config there is a line which specifies "failover" as the setting; but I can't find any documentation on if there are any other options- was hoping that because it is in fact listed as a setting there might be other options (such as load balancing which is what I am hoping for).

If anyone knows; that would be great.

Strato
heybabit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:42:23 PM

+1 this feature request. Was just looking to see if there was some sort of load balance option rather than just failover when a pool goes offline or a rental ends.

In my config there is a line which specifies "failover" as the setting; but I can't find any documentation on if there are any other options- was hoping that because it is in fact listed as a setting there might be other options (such as load balancing which is what I am hoping for).

If anyone knows; that would be great.

Strato

See this for my experience: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611338.msg10317189#msg10317189
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:31:07 AM

Best open-source proxy ever ! Thank you for posting
Ninetoe

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:40:33 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 10:51:09 PM by Ninetoe

im getting worker authorization errors on pools where i append workernames

it only let the first one connect.

is this intended or a bug ?

update :

if i dont append names and just make a new worker for the proxy, it seems to work.

maybe im being stupid and missunderstanding how this feature works
with all miners not using append they also all get the same difficulty
letuslook

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:44:00 PM

I receive some errors when having multiple miners + nicehash to my proxy.

Also when i try to verify my pool with nicehash it says:
Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4).

Is there a way to set the minimum Extranonce2 size in the stratum proxy?
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:54:34 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 12:12:37 AM by yslyung

what weight should i set if i want 45 mins to pool 2 and 15 mins to pool 3 under round robin with 60 mins duration ? pool 1 on all the time if and when it's active, if in active then 45 mins to pool 2 and 15 mins to pool 3. is it even possible ?

found this ... poolMiningDuration = poolWeight * (roundDuration / sumOfWeights)

sumOfWeights = meaning ? total weight used in pool, lets say i plan to use weight 1 &2 so total is 3 ?

tia
chentron

Activity: 97
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:53:04 PM

weight 3 for pool2 and weight 1 for pool 3

what weight should i set if i want 45 mins to pool 2 and 15 mins to pool 3 under round robin with 60 mins duration ? pool 1 on all the time if and when it's active, if in active then 45 mins to pool 2 and 15 mins to pool 3. is it even possible ?

found this ... poolMiningDuration = poolWeight * (roundDuration / sumOfWeights)

sumOfWeights = meaning ? total weight used in pool, lets say i plan to use weight 1 &2 so total is 3 ?

tia
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:06:02 PM

thx for reply, finally figured it out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: