Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WampumCoin [WAM]/Wampumcoin.com Announcement update  (Read 14746 times)
bitcoindr.com

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:47:12 AM

i told myself i was going to let it go but 5000 is 5% of 100000 which is worse than 3.3%. ok im letting it go. they did say they'd pay it back and did a lousy job of hiding it if they were trying too since it was right there in plain view. so if the guy was off meds and fell the hell out and left the site design and config incomplete or someone in charge. well i guess it can happen. but i hear ya. i dont  know i just think its an aweful lot of trouble to go through if its a scam thats going no where. i mean whats the point? i did get a reply about the site being suspended got a reply from a christine saying that they're hosted with a reseller and the reseller hasn't answered them on what happened.

brad, b-rad lol isn't brad short for bradly? Smiley i don't know ive signed my messages bitcoindr, btc dr. and doctor of bitcoin depending on how fast i was typing and my frame of mind i suppose. im not bitcoin expert so i might have to say it really means bitcoin drive! lol

btc dr.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:36:28 AM

i told myself i was going to let it go but 5000 is 5% of 100000 which is worse than 3.3%. ok im letting it go. they did say they'd pay it back and did a lousy job of hiding it if they were trying too since it was right there in plain view. so if the guy was off meds and fell the hell out and left the site design and config incomplete or someone in charge. well i guess it can happen. but i hear ya. i dont  know i just think its an aweful lot of trouble to go through if its a scam thats going no where. i mean whats the point? i did get a reply about the site being suspended got a reply from a christine saying that they're hosted with a reseller and the reseller hasn't answered them on what happened.

brad, b-rad lol isn't brad short for bradly? Smiley i don't know ive signed my messages bitcoindr, btc dr. and doctor of bitcoin depending on how fast i was typing and my frame of mind i suppose. im not bitcoin expert so i might have to say it really means bitcoin drive! lol

btc dr.

Yeah, the initial blocks are 150k, so I went by that and 5k is 3.3% of that.  I haven't checked to see what block it is on currently since I'm not mining it.

You know why I'm not mining it?  I have no confidence in it, as the devs are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot!!

So, do you want a guy that is off his meds handling your bank account?  That's what a dev off his meds is doing if he's running wampum.  You invest in those coin, either in electric and hardware, or buying the coin.  That investment is being handled by someone off their meds, if you like that excuse.. 

I don't.
iplabs

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:59:57 AM

I must say I saw this 5000 thing differently than most. It was in plain sight so not stealing since we could mine solo or not at all so our choice. Since the pool is being run by the developers I assumed that they were short on Wampum and needed to raise some for development. To be perfectly honest all the messing around with the pool (1%, 25%, 1%, 25%, 2%, then just 5% off the top) has really hurt Wampumcoin. There used to be a pretty good bunch of reliable miners that were all scared off by this consistent monkeying around, myself included.

But on re-evaluating the situation, I had to ask myself "What is in it for them?" "What is the incentive to subject themselves to the abuse, with no likely payoff?". Not much really. If it is a scam, what is being scammed? Nothing. If they got the pre-mine, half a billion coins, at todays price about $50. I know I and most here mined the amount of the pre-mine long ago. If you look it the 5000 per block as "stealing" then they only got $19, and the bulk of that was from 3 miners who knew it was happening. I solo mined for a while but found it was still more "profitable" to get a percent of 95k, than soloing for the whole 100k so made the conscious decision to forgo the 5000 knowing full well that the devs were getting it so they were not stealing it from me.

I then had to ask myself "What would motivate the developers to grow the coin and keep doing work that they do not have to do, and that no one seems to appreciate (myself included)" We are all here for the coins and the hope that it will prosper and we will make some money from it long term.

There are some huge stake holders here, and we are all hitched to the same stuck wagon. We need to make sure the developers are properly motivated, we may not agree with them but they are in the drivers seat and need donations. (donation address: WjH18unNeFZo4mQD8Qtm3AN9Wi68todrk7 Go back to page 4 of this discussion to verify this address, I wish they would add this to their signature). Nobody an Wampumcoin asked for donations, I deduced this from their actions.

We also need an Apple wallet (and to get rid of the crapple graphic, it looks childish)(Android and IOS would be good too). A new look would be nice, and someone here proposed one. We need a pool of wampumcoins from us miners for projects that need to be accomplished. As was mentioned earlier "I don't understand how the block-chain integrity can be maintained, especially when mining runs dry later this year". This is the real problem that I likewise do not understand. A hard fork to extend the mining through quicker halving may be needed to extend the mining out several years, or a POS component to maintain the chain.

In short, we need to stop bickering and work together, or we can just delete the coins and move on.  I thought about setting up a wallet for donations and bounties, but who would trust me? I also contemplated offering a bounty for the needed wallets..... I can set up a private discussion forum in a few hours so we can discuss this in private if needs be. In fact I will do that and send invitations via PMs in the next 24-48 hours to see if there is any interest in starting a community group to help our coin and the developers along, and hopefully improve communications between the two interests. I am sure we have the collective talent to do something worthwhile with this coin.

nincehelser

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:44:30 AM

I must say I saw this 5000 thing differently than most. It was in plain sight so not stealing since we could mine solo or not at all so our choice. Since the pool is being run by the developers I assumed that they were short on Wampum and needed to raise some for development. To be perfectly honest all the messing around with the pool (1%, 25%, 1%, 25%, 2%, then just 5% off the top) has really hurt Wampumcoin. There used to be a pretty good bunch of reliable miners that were all scared off by this consistent monkeying around, myself included.

I disagree that it was in "plain sight".  I stumbled upon it by accident because the payout numbers seemed strange to to me.  In fact, if you look at the round data about the time this mess started, you'll see it is very screwed up, almost as if someone might have been monkeying around trying to cover the shenanigans up and was having trouble doing so.  After it a bit it looks like they just gave up and stopped trying to make look like 100,000 coins were distributed and let it display 95,000.

But I agree with your thoughts about their motivations.  Why?  It just seems so stupid. 

Still, I don't like it when people try to cheat me, even if there's no money or real value involved.  It's just part of human behavior.  People get mad when cheated.

Can the coin be salvaged?  I don't know.  Like you said, trust is an issue, but I'm willing to consider proposals. 
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:04:17 AM

But on re-evaluating the situation, I had to ask myself "What is in it for them?" "What is the incentive to subject themselves to the abuse, with no likely payoff?". Not much really. If it is a scam, what is being scammed? Nothing. If they got the pre-mine, half a billion coins, at todays price about $50. I know I and most here mined the amount of the pre-mine long ago. If you look it the 5000 per block as "stealing" then they only got $19, and the bulk of that was from 3 miners who knew it was happening. I solo mined for a while but found it was still more "profitable" to get a percent of 95k, than soloing for the whole 100k so made the conscious decision to forgo the 5000 knowing full well that the devs were getting it so they were not stealing it from me.

I then had to ask myself "What would motivate the developers to grow the coin and keep doing work that they do not have to do, and that no one seems to appreciate (myself included)" We are all here for the coins and the hope that it will prosper and we will make some money from it long term.

There are some huge stake holders here, and we are all hitched to the same stuck wagon. We need to make sure the developers are properly motivated, we may not agree with them but they are in the drivers seat and need donations. (donation address: WjH18unNeFZo4mQD8Qtm3AN9Wi68todrk7 Go back to page 4 of this discussion to verify this address, I wish they would add this to their signature). Nobody an Wampumcoin asked for donations, I deduced this from their actions.

We also need an Apple wallet (and to get rid of the crapple graphic, it looks childish)(Android and IOS would be good too). A new look would be nice, and someone here proposed one. We need a pool of wampumcoins from us miners for projects that need to be accomplished. As was mentioned earlier "I don't understand how the block-chain integrity can be maintained, especially when mining runs dry later this year". This is the real problem that I likewise do not understand. A hard fork to extend the mining through quicker halving may be needed to extend the mining out several years, or a POS component to maintain the chain.

In short, we need to stop bickering and work together, or we can just delete the coins and move on.  I thought about setting up a wallet for donations and bounties, but who would trust me? I also contemplated offering a bounty for the needed wallets..... I can set up a private discussion forum in a few hours so we can discuss this in private if needs be. In fact I will do that and send invitations via PMs in the next 24-48 hours to see if there is any interest in starting a community group to help our coin and the developers along, and hopefully improve communications between the two interests. I am sure we have the collective talent to do something worthwhile with this coin.

BRAVO my friend!!  I hope the DEVs and everyone else takes the time to read this post.......dude, VERY well said!  I am in the EXACT same boat as you and could express the exact same feelings.

Dev.....I REALLY think you need to re-think your stand on this forum and not wanting so much to handle talks here!  Maybe assign someone to run point here is you can't.....but you have to see THIS is where all your supporters and investors EXPECT to see activity.  At least that is what it seems to me, just having and active dev on this forum gets MAJOR attention to cryptos!  You can also see you have a community TRYING to build itself and trying to offer support and help, right here on this forum......and it seems like you are fighting that when you should be embracing it as THAT is what this coin needs to thrive man! 

There is some SERIOUS talent around these parts and it looks like a good deal right here in front of you already:-)
nincehelser

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

Does anyone have any insight on why the net hashrate is so high?

Currently the "official pool" is hovering around 2 MH/s, while the net is in the upper 40's MH/s.

Are there some people really that bullish on wampumcoin?

I'm just sitting back and watching the "battle".  Perhaps it's staged.  I don't know.
iplabs

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:29:42 AM

Go to askcoin and vote for Wampumcoin https://askcoin.net/votes
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:48:21 AM

This coin is so dead!!!

33reg

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:41:09 PM

This coin is so dead!!!

Well...It's not completely true.

But Dev's are silent.
It is necessary to ask them - what plans?

bitcoindr.com

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:42:14 PM

6 months ago I sat across the desk from someone who said the same thing about bitcoin.

bitcoin had a humble rocky beginning too.

This coin is so dead!!!
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

6 months ago I sat across the desk from someone who said the same thing about bitcoin.

bitcoin had a humble rocky beginning too.

This coin is so dead!!!

OK, it's dead on the exchange!!

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Right now it IS dead in the water!  WAY too much silence from the new dev team!
wampumcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:47:03 PM

Our silence here does not mean that we are not

. informing those interested of what we're doing at http://wampumcoin.com
. putting together a team that will insure that wampumcoin survives outside of 1 or 2 shot-calling forums
. pursuing in house financing for the developers
. working on the code
. working to get on the markets
. working on deals for products and services
. working on communities outside of bitcointalk
. and more...

currently voting @
https://askcoin.net/votes
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://mintpal.com/voting
https://swisscex.com/voting

for us, it's more do, less talk.

and now...
a pause from the negativity...

wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 09:01:51 PM

This announcement/information post is locked and is being re-published.
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

We know some of you don't appreciate the expense and efforts we've made, just because you have not seem them in the foreground or in the time you might be accustomed too.

For those interested, updates and upgrades are in the works.

Thanks for your patience.

wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:37:59 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 12:56:08 AM by wampumcoin.com

I know that some of you really don't like that I've locked the thread. I had to. It's the only way I can come here without feeling discouraged.

Yes, discouraged. You see, I'm in the same boat as some of you. I had a lot of hope. Actually I still do, but my hope is based on my own efforts.

What efforts? I'm paying for servers, I single handedly drove up the votes on askcoin.net, swisscex.com, and others. I know. The community would vote if they weren't discouraged too. I accept that part, but I won't accept doing nothing about it. So I vote. That means I manually sat there, waited, voted, waited, voted. One of the exchanges required that we send in ID, etc. or they would not allow our IP to vote any more. At another two I was required to trade other cryptos to enable voting, which required me to deposit funds. All for the sake of wampumcoin and the big picture (which goes beyond even wampumcoin).

I hire someone to do the logo. Their work is not very good. You get what you pay for.
You put it on hold until you can get to it.

I hire someone to do the website. Their work is not very good. You get what you pay for.
You put it on hold until you can get to it.

You look at a long list of things to do. You see what you're good at, you do it. The rest you put on hold until you can get to it.
You get discouraged, you get sick. You work up the courage to do what you can do, and do it. The rest you put on hold until you can get to it.

I've had some success in marketing in the past, but I've somehow walked right in to being a systems operator, administrative director,  and project manager, and corporate officer. I'm doing tons of things, waiting on tons of people, and have a million things to do. I'll continue to work hard and make choices. I know some of them won't be liked, and some of them  will likely be wrong. I'll slam on the brakes when I need to, and steam roll too.

Thanks and God Bless

Peter
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:31:47 PM

By the way, one of the things I had been working on from the start is the collaboration system. It's almost done.

It's important to me because it's going to allow me to see who is REALLY serious about all of the offers of help.
The collaboration system is going to allow the following:

Projects and Tasks to be done to be listed.
Projects and Tasks to be assigned to people.
People to be allowed to create and coordinate Projects and Tasks.
Project and Task completion tracking.
Company, Team, and Worker hierarchy.
Billing and compensation.
more!

Peter
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 01:13:04 AM

Also,
As you know, the plan is to set up a collaboration and project management system for the coin, an it's own forum. But it will continue to have a thread here, and it does have a public thread at another cryptcurrency forum.

What I've been trying to determine is if and when we start another announcement thread if we should leave this thread in place here or move it to the archive. Not hiding it as much as moving it to the side as it's just too negative for my taste.

I know even the 'non-positive' posts CAN be constructive, but for the condition the coin was (is?) in, I agree that a lot of the posts by many people; supporters and non-supporters alike, were too negative. We are accused of being guilty of damaging the coin, while we felt the same about others.

I'm reminded of the following:
political campaign speeches
campaign strategy meetings
town hall meetings
state of the union addresses
press conferences
etc.

bitcointalk reminds me more of town hall meetings. Something we, with being new to it's function, was unaware of.

I personally have been more in need of campaign strategy meetings and state of the union addresses right now. I do feel the need for town hall meetings, but I'm not the person best suited for telling the towns people something that won't make sense to them or give them hope right now outside of I'm busting my ass!

But in any event, my efforts are being divided between what I think are some key areas it is most suited for, one of them being the collaboration system which I am hoping to have some of you working with.

More soon.

God bless

Peter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: