Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the MaNiPuLaToR  (Read 3698 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:08:52 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2012, 06:28:18 PM by arepo

oh yes, the bitcoin economy is completely controlled by a powerful, omni-wealthy entity who chooses to move the price around at will, for their own sick enjoyment.

sounds as bs as any abrahamic religion if you ask me.

we have an instinctive tendency to ascribe intelligence to randomness and see design where there is none.

it is, actually, just like the abrahamic religions, a great way to avoid responsibility. hurricanes are not punishments. they are wake-up calls. each one of us here in this subforum is responsible for the volatility we are seeing.

just trade patiently

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 06:11:05 PM

Wow you really are the first one to make this point. I'm sure you've changed the minds of many people and started a snowball effect of change.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:14:00 PM

Wow you really are the first one to make this point. I'm sure you've changed the minds of many people and started a snowball effect of change.  

maybe for a lot of people here, this is their first experience trading and it's obvious during some of the non-manipulated price swings that there is some serious panic buying/selling going on.

are you patronizing me for presenting good advice in a relatively novel way? patience is important.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:16:19 PM

He makes a great point though and it can't be said enough, because people are so irrational.

I do think there are one or more big players out there influencing the market a lot, but it's the people that react to this changing the market the most.

I wonder whether there are more people (like me) thinking of "the manipulator" as someone actually thinking about the long run and keeping the price in reasonable ranges for a while. I don't see anything really crazy going on and I actually like the way the prizes are progressing right now. Long term bullish, but within reason.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:18:00 PM

Completely agree. The Manipulator is an excuse for bad trading so you can self-victimize.

Also, I like arepo, please continue posting. Much better than a FlipPro. Grin
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:19:48 PM

He makes a great point though and it can't be said enough, because people are so irrational.

I do think there are one or more big players out there influencing the market a lot, but it's the people that react to this changing the market the most.

I wonder whether there are more people (like me) thinking of "the manipulator" as someone actually thinking about the long run and keeping the price in reasonable ranges for a while. I don't see anything really crazy going on and I actually like the way the prizes are progressing right now. Long term bullish, but within reason.

observation: there are a few VERY big players involved in BTC, as evidenced by massive bidwalls on mtgoxlive

as soon as you even think about whether they have ulterior motives you're wildly speculating.

i would say most of the volatility recently actually comes from the effect of leveraged bitcoinica positions on the market.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 06:21:22 PM

Completely agree. The Manipulator is an excuse for bad trading so you can self-victimize.

Can't argue with that. Maybe I'm giving people too much credit when I assume "The Manipulator" talk is tongue in cheek.  Wink 

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:30:07 PM

observation: there are a few VERY big players involved in BTC, as evidenced by massive bidwalls on mtgoxlive

as soon as you even think about whether they have ulterior motives you're wildly speculating.

i would say most of the volatility recently actually comes from the effect of leveraged bitcoinica positions on the market.

Bingo!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:30:38 PM

flattered Cheesy

but yeah no one 'believes' in charts here it's pretty dumb. i only heeded ineededausername's technical analysis while mine was still weak when i first invested. but then he completely miscalled the RALLY TO $8. and i've been largely accurate since new years.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 06:32:16 PM

but yeah no one 'believes' in charts here

What gives you that idea?

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:34:12 PM

but yeah no one 'believes' in charts here

What gives you that idea?

uh, my other thread

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:41:11 PM

That’s not true, many here post and analyze charts.

Perhaps I should contribute something too, as I just recently set up my SierraChart again: http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1327689495742.png

Should’ve put a bit of money on the upper trendline for the short-term bounce.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:50:18 PM

flattered Cheesy

but yeah no one 'believes' in charts here it's pretty dumb. i only heeded ineededausername's technical analysis while mine was still weak when i first invested. but then he completely miscalled the RALLY TO $8. and i've been largely accurate since new years.

heh, I gave up after that Tongue

(BFL)^2 < 0
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:51:28 PM

Every time I hear "The Manipulator", I reach for my gun.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 06:51:52 PM

I wouldn't take a couple people arguing semantics and some off topic crap as everybody. People who get mad and complain about the manipulator are usually just angry that they lost money and need something besides themselves to blame. Besides, the OP in that thread is hardly conducive to getting a good discussion on charting analysis if that's what you were hoping for. Most of them are just trolling you cause they see how bothered you get. 

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:55:33 PM

I wouldn't take a couple people arguing semantics and some off topic crap as everybody. People who get mad and complain about the manipulator are usually just angry that they lost money and need something besides themselves to blame. Besides, the OP in that thread is hardly conducive to getting a good discussion on charting analysis if that's what you were hoping for.  

i was just pointing out a couple rather obvious signals Cheesy

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:09:28 PM

ok, so the instant large change in order book from bids to asks not so long ago was an effect of Bitcoinica? doubtful
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:42:20 PM

maybe for a lot of people here, this is their first experience trading and it's obvious during some of the non-manipulated price swings that there is some serious panic buying/selling going on.

are you patronizing me for presenting good advice in a relatively novel way? patience is important.

Evidently, for some people here, manipulative promotion and trading of a microcap issue is wholly outside of their experience. Observing that bitcoin presents a sterling opportunity to practice such well-known scheming must be motivated by sour grapes over a trading loss, paranoia, or ill will of some sort. After all, this isn't the pink sheets, this is the world's first decentralized Massively Multiplayer Online Monetary System, MMOMS for short.

Cool by me, keep up the good work.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:57:29 PM

LOL Why bring me into the convo?  Kiss
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:58:31 PM

Evidently, for some people here, manipulative promotion and trading of a microcap issue is wholly outside of their experience. Observing that bitcoin presents a sterling opportunity to practice such well-known scheming must be motivated by sour grapes over a trading loss, paranoia, or ill will of some sort. After all, this isn't the pink sheets, this is the world's first decentralized Massively Multiplayer Online Monetary System, MMOMS for short.

Cool by me, keep up the good work.

no ill will at all. i am not commenting on the so-called 'manipulators'. i am commenting on the behavior of the panic traders who amplify the momentum of an already volatile market.

just, trade patiently. how is that getting misconstrued here? Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: