Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93313 times)
Desten

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:13:23 AM

They are mostly always somewhere in other galaxies and not answering. It's a cryptsy (c)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matory

Activity: 399

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:03:57 AM

I'm starting to have second thoughts about moving forward with the fork.  The community has gone dark and I haven't heard anything back from Mullick @ Cryptsy regarding the client upgrade.

What do you guys think?  I'm not sure the coin can live through another fork, especially one that is slow to catch on...

We must create new tickets.
Cryptsy support not responded to me too.  Huh
NineEleven

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:14:46 AM

I'm asking you again dont do the fork
Summer is gone, and as we say in the stock markets " sell in may and go away".
Now you coin is , as i say before, recovering the hasrate
the price is recovering
do everything  for satbility, thats the more important thing to do.
The only thing thing that make sense is some slow reward cut, but not now, maybe by the end of the year
Leave spots as it is
please Wink

AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:16:21 AM

I'm going to put a poll up to allow folks to vote on this.  I will close it at noon GMT (8am EST) on Thursday 9/18.
NineEleven

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

I'm going to put a poll up to allow folks to vote on this.  I will close it at noon GMT (8am EST) on Thursday 9/18.
weell
i cant vote, probably because i dont post to much Wink
still i think for now the best is keep the coin as it is

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:46:57 PM

weell

I'll add +1 to the abort vote for you.  Thanks.
NineEleven

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

weell

i think you add it the wrong way lololololo Wink

Matory

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:17:52 PM

weell

Change is the only constant  Grin

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 07:32:53 PM

weell

Yes, indeed.  A great philosopher once said that, and they are words to live by.

I'm surprised there has been such little feedback one way or the other.  I should add a vote button for "I don't care".
Matory

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

weell

Yes, indeed.  A great philosopher once said that, and they are words to live by.

I'm surprised there has been such little feedback one way or the other.  I should add a vote button for "I don't care".

Try and act, no doubt.
Desten

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:42:47 PM

I'm thinking about question in the poll. Didn't find an answer for now. Sad Dilemma.
NineEleven

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:55:38 AM

at least delay the fork
the value and the hashrate are increasing

one more time
d'ont do this, the coin will not survive another fork

exe after the fork is more than a month out of cryptsy

wait a litle longer
think twice  Wink

digitalmontreal

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:07:46 PM

how many coins total ? with the new fork...

ANNOUNCEMENT -

As the cryptocurrency environment is constantly changing, any coin that hopes to be successful and have longevity must adapt to changing market conditions.  In the spirit of adapting to changing conditions, the development team is making the following changes, effective Sept. 19th.

Please see the OP for instructions to upgrade to the latest client and be prepared for the upcoming hard forks.

Change 1 -

Spots was originally designed to not have a block reward halving.  In reading some of the older archives, iGotSpots had made the assumption that the price would continue to raise indefinitely and thought that by not introducing a halving that the price could be made to stay static by keeping a steady amount of new coins coming in to circulation.  The goal with this was to keep a steady SPT / Silver or Gold price point over a long period of time.

What has happened, is that the demand for the coin has slowed because the altcoin market is simply flooded.  Now, a block reward that never phases out is placing downward pressure on a market that isn't able to combat it.  To solve for this, and still try to remain true to the original concepts, we are introducing a "smooth reward phase out".  The block reward will be reduced to 24 SPT at Block 230,000 and reduce by 5% every 48,000 blocks.  To ensure network security, the reward will never be less than 4.5 SPT.

Change 2 -

When our team took over Spots, there was a fear of Scrypt ASICs and how they would impact the marketplace.  We introduced a change to Scrypt-N, which has presented another set of problems.  In the Scrypt-N arena, we have seen significant downward pressure from multipools that have only a few Scrypt-N coins to compare against.  The mining software is also specialized and more difficult to use.

The feared "Scrypt ASIC invasion" wasn't as significant as we originally feared.  As a result of this, and other factors, Scrypt-N never gained mainstream popularity.  Reverting back to Scrypt places us in the same arena as many other popular altcoins like Litecoin, Dogecoin, Feathercoin, and more.  As such, we shall be reverting back to Scrypt effective Sept 19th at midnight GMT.

Over the next day, or so, I will release the links to the new version.  Thanks to all!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:11:30 PM

440,000,000 is the hard coded maximum coin supply.  It would take the better part of a century to get there though.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

at least delay the fork

one more time

wait a litle longer
think twice  Wink

It looks like the community is moving towards the fork, as planned.  To your point, our Cryptsy wallet will likely be frozen while they review the code and whatever else they do.  It took a few weeks last time we forked to get back up and running.

I would suggest moving any coins that you may wish to trade in the month, or so, from your wallets to the exchange.  Historically, they freeze the wallet but leave the market open.
MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:50:26 PM

at least delay the fork

one more time

wait a litle longer
think twice  Wink

It looks like the community is moving towards the fork, as planned.  To your point, our Cryptsy wallet will likely be frozen while they review the code and whatever else they do.  It took a few weeks last time we forked to get back up and running.

I would suggest moving any coins that you may wish to trade in the month, or so, from your wallets to the exchange.  Historically, they freeze the wallet but leave the market open.

It should be faster code-wise this time since they already reviewed that base code, they just have to view the diffs since then this time.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
NineEleven

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:23:23 AM

at least delay the fork

one more time

wait a litle longer
think twice  Wink

do you really think 4 votes , is "the community peaking"?
i'm just trying to save spots

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:24:42 AM

Regardless of the number of participants, the votes are in...  We will move forward as planned with the fork tomorrow evening.

I've previously shot a Bitcointalk.org message to Mullick and haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else opened support tickets already?
Matory

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:08:20 PM

Regardless of the number of participants, the votes are in...  We will move forward as planned with the fork tomorrow evening.

I've previously shot a Bitcointalk.org message to Mullick and haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else opened support tickets already?

5 vote is my  Wink
I was opened two tickets, no responded both.
Desten

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:18:00 PM

I didn't clicked at all. When i decided to vote for something - then i recieved "no poll or poll closed"... Exactly when i decided to vote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: