Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:29:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93326 times)
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:28:25 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 11:50:26 PM by AmericanComputerNerd

Its not me. I told them in PM they can do whatever they want and I won't resist. I don't really have much time anymore for issues related to one coin specifically

Thanks for taking the project over. Good luck

Thank you, sir.  We'll carry it forward and see where the concept of cryptocurrency to precious metals takes us.  You're always welcome to jump back in and provide advice, guidance, dev help, etc...  Good luck with PaySHA!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:56:09 AM

Hello Everyone -

It's been an eventful day for our coin, but a pretty quiet evening...  I think everyone is waiting for the exchanges to come online.  Here are a couple of quick updates...

• Cryptsy.com has responded to our support request and is currently reviewing the source code from our fork.  If everything goes well, we should be back online at Cryptsy very soon.  If you have sent coins to Cryptsy, they are not lost.  They will just be frozen until their blockchain is upgraded.
  • Our KGW Diff Adjustments are working like a charm.  Blocks are consistently spaced at about 70 second increments.  We've successfully resolved the unstable blockchain issues from v1.1! Grin
  • Our hash power is continuing to grow (and spread).  Network hash power has been consistently between 60-70 Mh/s today, which is about double from yesterday.
  • Some of the NOMP pools that added us pre-fork don't look like they've updated to Scrypt-N mining.  I've removed them from the OP.  If this is an error, please contact me via PM and I'll re-add you.
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:13:23 AM

still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 05:42:05 AM

still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

iGotSpots so far hasn't been involved in Spots 2.0; this is a resurrection by the community.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:24:11 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 06:06:58 PM by AmericanComputerNerd

still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

iGotSpots so far hasn't been involved in Spots 2.0; this is a resurrection by the community.

I think this heckling all started when I changed the ANN thread from Spots2 to Spots.  I think it may be a good idea to move forward as Spots2 and just manage any confusion as it arises.

I've updated the poll with a new question...  I want the community to decide.  Spots or Spots2.  I'll close the poll at midnight GMT (~12 hours from now).

Thanks!
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:45:51 PM

looks like poll is closed but i will recommend spots
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:26:52 PM

still trying to keep the crap coin to bullion going.  Stick to cleaning carpets.

I made more money cleaning carpet and tile than you will ever make lol but keep hopin you get that half day off on Friday

Not to mention I owned the company and hired people to do the actual cleaning. That's how a business works, dipshit

Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:04:57 PM

I've updated the poll with a new question...  I want the community to decide.  Spots or Spots2.  I'll close the pool at midnight GMT (~12 hours from now).

Some people misunderstand you when you wrote "pool" and not "poll"... You scared them that you will return to old "spots" blockchain, coin, close pools.... Crazy %)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:07:46 PM

I've updated the poll with a new question...  I want the community to decide.  Spots or Spots2.  I'll close the pool at midnight GMT (~12 hours from now).

Some people misunderstand you when you wrote "pool" and not "poll"... You scared them that you will return to old "spots" blockchain, coin, close pools.... Crazy %)

Oops, simple typo...  It's fixed.  My question is purely related to branding, we would never revert back to the old chain!
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:22:17 PM

Sorry it has taken so long.

There is quite a bit changed in the code so i will need to do a thorough review before I build it on our servers

I have set aside some time tonight to look it over. Should be back online if it looks good by tomorrow

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 08:49:58 PM

Sorry it has taken so long.

There is quite a bit changed in the code so i will need to do a thorough review before I build it on our servers

I have set aside some time tonight to look it over. Should be back online if it looks good by tomorrow

Thanks Mullick -

If it helps with your review, we completely abandoned the spots 1.1 source since it was causing the unstable blockchain.  We forked SpainCoin, since it was a Scrypt Coin that introduced KGW and Scrypt-N functionality.

The first commit in the history "Spots 2 - Base Clone" / 527cb401c1fcdec5f8aa948b81d0c8f58f554816 is a clone of SpainCoin and the following commits are changes to incorporate the Spots settings.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 08:54:52 PM

Since it was not directly forked from the Spaincoin repo (it was downloaded then uploaded as a new project) they'll want to check the whole thing to make sure there are no backdoors or anything; that's why they are doing a full code review versus just checking the commits.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 04:21:19 AM

Hi Again Everyone -

Here are a couple of updates for this evening...

- I closed the poll; we will retain the Spots name and continue to move away from Spots2.  Hopefully, as things continue to move forward the negative comments about the coin's history will stop.  

- Cryptsy.com is continuing to work on updating their client.  They are doing a full code review.  We should be online soon.

- Our hash rate seems to be stabilizing in the 50 - 60 Mh/s range.  However, it looks like a significant portion of this is coming from multipools (multipool.us and Coinmine.pw).  I think once trading resumes on Cryptsy we may see a pretty large sell-off of coins.  It's hard to tell if the traffic is coming from direct mining or profit-switching algorithms, it probably doesn't matter either way?  The culture of these miners is to trade for BTC...  This'll be a good opportunity to buy low, as I think the price will rebound as things stabilize.

- The multipools shouldn't be too big of an issue.  As the trade price adjusts to the actual market, the multipools will come and go and the KGW will allow difficulty to adjust as it needs to, block by block.  The problem right now is the static trade price listed on Cryptsy.

- As a note for any multipools that are mining Spots.  You may want to consider that the Cryptsy trading price is misleading right now...  None of the coins generated since the fork have been able to be transferred into Cryptsy's market.  You are mining under the assumption you will be able to trade your coins in a market that is frozen* currently.

*Trading is not suspended.  What I mean by frozen is that only coins generated on clients 1.0 and 1.1 are being traded at the moment.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:28:45 AM

Hi Everyone -

It's been a quite few days!  I'm hopeful things will pick up once Cryptsy upgrades to the v2 client and we can start taking full advantage of trading on our 70 second blocks.  Hopefully, this happens soon, but we're at the mercy of their team at this point.  Hang in there!!!

There is a pretty cool article that was published about Spots this evening.  I wanted to share with everyone!  Check it out on GryfenCryp.to - http://blog.gryfencryp.to/2014/06/05/spots/
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:47:49 PM

I see I can now get my spots out of coins-e, great stuff Smiley
I hope the mac wallet follows sometime soon, I know it's in progress.

Are there any pools where I can mine spots with my antminers1??
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:53:25 PM

No, the AntMiner S1's are SHA miners; this is a Scrypt-N coin. You would have to use a GPU or CPU.

nixon99

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:07:29 AM

No, the AntMiner S1's are SHA miners; this is a Scrypt-N coin. You would have to use a GPU or CPU.

I know that some coins like Particle have set up multipools where you can mine a SHA based coin and these are then traded for Particles. Just wondering if one has been set up for Spots yet.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:47:25 AM

I know that some coins like Particle have set up multipools where you can mine a SHA based coin and these are then traded for Particles. Just wondering if one has been set up for Spots yet.

Can you give an example link?  I'd be happy to setup a second pool if there is a demand for it.  I haven't seen what you are talking about though.
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:57:16 AM

Can you give an example link?  I'd be happy to setup a second pool if there is a demand for it.  I haven't seen what you are talking about though.

He is asking for a pool like multipoolmining.com where we mine other coins and those coins are automatically traded for spots and we are paid in spots.
nixon99

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:11:01 PM

He is asking for a pool like multipoolmining.com where we mine other coins and those coins are automatically traded for spots and we are paid in spots.

That's the idea, it's a win win as we'll be trading on the exchanges for spots too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: