Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 07:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLAKE-256] DIRAC (XDQ) - Advanced Finance  (Read 75288 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:17:37 PM

Hey gang, new to thread and I just started mining Dirac. (blakecoin.com) Seems to be a cool concept and the hashing is smooth, which its all new here to me. Any opinions on mining this way VS. standard 1 coin like x11 or x13 etc. ok, Ill let ya know after 24 hours what I think,,  Wink  lol

THX

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:45:06 PM

Why the sudden quick rise? Still time to invest in this coin ?
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

Dirac (XDQ   055667 BTC      +310.12% today

to the moon!

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:29:14 PM

question from a noob on this coin to others who've been more closely following it.

Would appreciate it if someone could summarise what's special about it?

were basic aspects ready at launch - wallet, blockexplorer, website, whitepaper and/or features, etc. - or is the [ANN] promise-heavy?
have the devs lived up to their promises?
Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
well distributed? is there a rich list?
buggy code?
are these are hard core programmers, not "copy-paste" devs or middlemen? When bugs/fork challenge pop up, are they fixed quickly?
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?
Is the entirte dev team anonymous -- and even if so, does it at least have a solid reputation here on bitcointalk?
Anything to worry about?

When is the next significant development update (code, screenshots and/or whitepaper/proof-of-concept or something else) expected to come out?
coinweaver (OP)

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:44:00 PM

question from a noob on this coin to others who've been more closely following it.

XDQ is not designed so much as a currency but as an arbitrage tool and financial buffer.

were basic aspects ready at launch - wallet, blockexplorer, website, whitepaper and/or features, etc. - or is the [ANN] promise-heavy?
I don't launch coins will full services to allow the community to participate.  Much of what exists beyond the wallets are community contributions.
The timeline has specific promises built in.  There's some FUD regarding the buy back amount, but I didn't put it in cold storage and the addresses rotated.  It's still all there.

Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
Never. None of my coins ever contain any such code.
I don't think anyone has made a rich list yet.
buggy code?
I forgot to update the tray icon at release.
are these are hard core programmers, not "copy-paste" devs or middlemen? When bugs/fork challenge pop up, are they fixed quickly?
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?
Is the entirte dev team anonymous -- and even if so, does it at least have a solid reputation here on bitcointalk?
Anything to worry about?
blocktech.com

No, we are not anonymous and we don't have those problems. Smiley

When is the next significant development update (code, screenshots and/or whitepaper/proof-of-concept or something else) expected to come out?
At least a month.
zhonghao110

goog

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:58:13 PM

Official website are not Sad Sad Sad
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:01:03 PM

XDQ is not designed so much as a currency but as an arbitrage tool and financial buffer.

I don't launch coins will full services to allow the community to participate.  Much of what exists beyond the wallets are community contributions.
The timeline has specific promises built in.  There's some FUD regarding the buy back amount, but I didn't put it in cold storage and the addresses rotated.  It's still all there.

Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
Never. None of my coins ever contain any such code.
I don't think anyone has made a rich list yet.
buggy code?
I forgot to update the tray icon at release.
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?
Anything to worry about?
blocktech.com

No, we are not anonymous and we don't have those problems. Smiley

At least a month.

Really appreciate the responses - very helpful. Thank you,
Troublesome96

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

The block reward reduction is pretty significant:

Current block 30083

Current reward : Ð8
First reward reduction @ 43201 : Ð1.25

This should occur in 3-4 weeks.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:34:38 AM

XDQ got sick prices last 3 days. whats up?!

yolo
zhonghao110

goog

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:25:45 AM

next   uro,new   uro
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:27:23 PM

XDQ got sick prices last 3 days. whats up?!

Pump from Bryce.
sgi02

Activity: 542

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

By the way, I mentioned to Bryce that the 25,000 NAUT was probably split into multiple addresses and not in the one address.

So here he sent the 25k NAUT to Bittrex.  You can see from the multiple inputs that it was in multiple addresses.

Funds can split like that if you transact from a wallet.

So you're telling me, the funds set aside for this coins future, are better suited in an exchange wallet then a standard / offline / cold storage wallet? There are a number of coins out there with public addresses of funds that are verifiable at a moments notice, why do we have to search for that information here? It's great the NAUT is accounted for 'somewhere', but lets not be so naive to think that exchanges are the safest place to hold a large quantity of coins. In this day and age exchanges have all seen their fair share of security breaches and coins stolen. It would be a shame if the same happened here...
opt-out

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:22:07 AM

By the way, I mentioned to Bryce that the 25,000 NAUT was probably split into multiple addresses and not in the one address.

So here he sent the 25k NAUT to Bittrex.  You can see from the multiple inputs that it was in multiple addresses.

So you're telling me, the funds set aside for this coins future, are better suited in an exchange wallet then a standard / offline / cold storage wallet? There are a number of coins out there with public addresses of funds that are verifiable at a moments notice, why do we have to search for that information here? It's great the NAUT is accounted for 'somewhere', but lets not be so naive to think that exchanges are the safest place to hold a large quantity of coins. In this day and age exchanges have all seen their fair share of security breaches and coins stolen. It would be a shame if the same happened here...

XDQ is used for arbitrage between XDQ/NAUT (AllCrypt), and BTC/XDQ (Bittrex and others). To take advantage of those disparities funds must sit on those exchanges - pulling out of cold storage and transferring to each exchange takes too long and the opportunity is lost. I can't say if those funds are in active trading now or not - but, since the fund set a minimum price of XDQ - some NAUTS would have to sit on an exchange to offer that. At today's volume, 25,000 NAUTS alone could move the market substantially - smart arbitrage between XDQ/NAUT/BTC (especially with 25,000 NAUTS) could raise and stabilize the price of XDQ.

My post history will show that I've changed my mind about proof of existence of the funds-> Dev's industry reputation is worth a lot more than 25,000 NAUTs. XDQ's industry potential is worth a lot more than 25,000 NAUTS. Regardless of where the funds are they would have to be moved - ANY movement out of a public address would cause some sort of market response - best to let them do what they were designed to do...
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:56:09 PM

LMAO @ Industry reputation.
sgi02

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:44:52 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 01:23:07 AM by sgi02

XDQ is used for arbitrage between XDQ/NAUT (AllCrypt), and BTC/XDQ (Bittrex and others). To take advantage of those disparities funds must sit on those exchanges - pulling out of cold storage and transferring to each exchange takes too long and the opportunity is lost. I can't say if those funds are in active trading now or not - but, since the fund set a minimum price of XDQ - some NAUTS would have to sit on an exchange to offer that. At today's volume, 25,000 NAUTS alone could move the market substantially - smart arbitrage between XDQ/NAUT/BTC (especially with 25,000 NAUTS) could raise and stabilize the price of XDQ.

My post history will show that I've changed my mind about proof of existence of the funds-> Dev's industry reputation is worth a lot more than 25,000 NAUTs. XDQ's industry potential is worth a lot more than 25,000 NAUTS. Regardless of where the funds are they would have to be moved - ANY movement out of a public address would cause some sort of market response - best to let them do what they were designed to do...

Please pardon me if im being brash...

Your arguments of arbitrage are noble, but bullshit. This was never stated in the OP (I checked to see if it was updated). I understand the technique of using arbitrage, but this strategy was never documented in the blueprint of the coin; its a (somewhat) sound idea, but it's also a gamble no matter which way you try to spin it.

Cliche = Your post history of 4 is all but worthless when you're trying to defend the integrity of this coin. The dev is responsible for updates and PR within the community, not you. New accounts bringing biased opinions about a coin always throw red flags for senior members and investors alike.

One more thing... The NAUT buyback address for XDQ is fully funded again... Good on Bryce, taking care of that for the second time. Lets see what happens next month.

I'm glad you're the new face of PR for Bryce, he doesn't update this thread very often. Dirac is advertised as a "Revolution in crytocurrency and finance". For anyone proficient in bitcoin, I think I speak for everyone in saying that we understand how a wallet / public address works. Don't try and trivialize the situation for people who don't know any better. The funds were gone for a while and now they're back. Everybody can feel free to take that as you will.
sgi02

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:06:59 AM

What he said about arbitrage is accurate, you just haven't been doing your homework. It's been said many times. This forum is hardly the only source of info.

"Dirac has become the economic anchor for the Blake ecosystem and a coin built specifically for a long term trading use case. The design capitalizes on the lessons learned with Unobtanium. The economics are quite similar to UNO, but a partnership with the exchange AllCrypt enabled for a special pairing against Brian Kelly’s NautiliusCoin, a coin designed for financial stability. Dirac is also traded on Bittrex Exchange against Bitcoin, which provides for the most profitable, consistent arbitrage dynamics of any coin on the market."

I'm not posting the source. If you can't find it I don't really care.

If you would like to bring up quotes regarding the Blake ecosystem, let me provide you with one from one of the most prominent members in the Blake community which was taken from this very thread...

BluDragon like continues to support the coin. Spoke yesterday at the Atomic

I will continue to keep Dirac on the merged Pools but I dont support Bryce or his actions and I can no longer work with him on any projects

The community shouldn't have to do their homework,the key dynamics of the coin should be transparent; period. Ive said it before, and ill say it again; if it wasn't for the current Blake merged mining infrastructure keeping Dirac alive this coin would be dead in the water.Ill let the community make their own decisions with the facts given.
sgi02

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 01:41:21 AM by sgi02

What he said about arbitrage is accurate, you just haven't been doing your homework. It's been said many times. This forum is hardly the only source of info.

"Dirac has become the economic anchor for the Blake ecosystem and a coin built specifically for a long term trading use case. The design capitalizes on the lessons learned with Unobtanium. The economics are quite similar to UNO, but a partnership with the exchange AllCrypt enabled for a special pairing against Brian Kelly’s NautiliusCoin, a coin designed for financial stability. Dirac is also traded on Bittrex Exchange against Bitcoin, which provides for the most profitable, consistent arbitrage dynamics of any coin on the market."

I'm not posting the source for you sgi02. If you can't find it sgi02 I don't really care.

For those interested in the source of this statement you can find it on http://blocktech.com. However, besides the quoted paragraph above there is no other information there whatsoever. It's far from a compelling source to such bold claims.

But if you're looking for more information regarding XDQ you could always go to the Dirac forum on Cryptocoin talk (The devs preferred forum), but unfortunately there is even less activity there, and all the information is just copied and pasted from the thread here on Bitcointalk.

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/1446-dirac-xdq/

You could also check out the github repo for Dirac to find more information, but there's simply nothing there that hasn't been posted elsewhere. The last commit for Dirac was 2 months ago as of today's date.

https://github.com/bryceweiner/Dirac

I guess if you really want to get answers about Dirac you have to go straight to the source... Twitter! Myself and others have asked Bryce numerous questions in regards to Dirac, but he never responds... I know, I know.. He's busy, maybe he's already answered these questions multiple times and just cant be bothered. You can perform a search for #Dirac or #XDQ, but it will only take you full circle, you'll be right where you started without finding anything useful.

There are little tidbits about Dirac mentioned in the David Seaman programs, but nothing noteworthy. Perhaps there is a highly organized collection of Dirac information hidden in IRC somewhere, but I haven't found it. So I guess you could say that I have done my homework in regards to Dirac. I encourage everyone else here to do the same.

demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:04:34 PM

What exact questions do you want answered regarding Dirac? I ask so we can lay this to rest because i've seen you take issue with particulars Bryce has already addressed on twitter, which i think you may have missed.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
sgi02

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:22:27 AM

What exact questions do you want answered regarding Dirac? I ask so we can lay this to rest because i've seen you take issue with particulars Bryce has already addressed on twitter, which i think you may have missed.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've listed my concerns here and I feel thats more than enough. Dirac has been a questionable coin from its onset which is evident throughout the pages of this thread. I appreciate your willingness to help, but frankly, thats not your responsibility. I've come to my own conclusions regarding Dirac, I hope that anyone else interested will perform their due diligence, read this thread, and do the same. Take care, and good luck!
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

Nailed him down, his only choice was to bounce.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: