Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funding DRM's Anonymity project  (Read 1858 times)
Collegestudent (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:15:12 AM

Let's put out an offer for someone really skilled, but give him insane deadlines and pay him one fifth of the bounty if he missed this deadline.

What a brilliant idea. If I were a programmer capable of implementing ring signatures in a satoshi based client within such a ridiculously short time, I sure as hell wouldn't make it for a random coin.

I'd make my own.

We're going to increase the time to 1 month. I myself know 1 week is ridiculous after contacting few pro coders. Still waiting for MyFarm. Please respond proactively thank you. Honestly why would u make your own when u cant handle it later? Scam a few peps that what ur saying?

If someone is capable of integrating ring signatures into the satoshi client, they are way more capable than you are anyways, so why would they do it for you instead of creating their own altcoin? Dreamcoin is looking to be the next big pump, that's it.

Because marketing is hard. If there's a **well distributed** community of motivated stakeholders **both big and small**, then it's WAY more lucrative for me to give the community something it wants than to go create yet another altcoin that might be technically interesting but has no active users. Besides, I don't learn anything releasing code that nobody runs.

Scamming is for bitcoiners. I'd like to believe this community has a dream of something better

See this guy is a hero for us, i love the fact that he doesnt just want to "make a new coin" as theres already hundreds rotting away and give DRM a new life as the first ever POS anon currency.

So here's the deal... You, the Dreamcoin community, have to make some hard decisions, and tell me what's really important. Cause I can do development fast, but to do that, I need to US dollars to pay my bills and possibly hire other people.

But I'd rather do **high quality work** rather than another quick pump-and-dump. That is NOT going to come quickly, and might involve dramatically changing some coin fundamentals, because there are a lot of broken fundamentals in different places because someone grabs something derived from the Satoshi bitcoin client, makes a change, and doesn't fully understand what they are doing.

Satoshi had a brilliant concept with blockchains, and Bitcoin was a great first implementation. Proof of stake was a pretty interesting addition. Now we have Dreamcoin, which has a great name. But you don't achieve your dreams without making a few mistakes, and learning from them along the way. So here's an idea.. wouldn't Dreamcoin be the ideal coin for a fully distributed crowdfunding system, like http://blog.vinumeris.com/2014/05/17/lighthouse/ ?

I could probably implement (and most importantly, test) some sort of ring signatures and/or darkcoin-like anonymity protections for $50k to $100K USD in a couple of months. If there's no money, and I'm doing this in my spare time, it might be 6 to 18 months. It might be a lot faster if there is a community that comes together out of something more that just the 'next big coin'.

Excellent post, looks like you will do the break test and etc yourself by the looks of it. Dreamcoin can become really professional through this quality work. Yeah man im sure we raise a atleast $5000 in the beginning and hey we have MyFarm. I sure aint looking for a shit pnd but a long term potential coin here. I understand that POS cryptonote is a different algo all together and it will be much harder if thats what you are aiming. I will try getting BTC and DRM addresses started later hopefully. Is there any chance you maybe commit full time to this at some point? I sent an email addressing ETA, could you state the processes you will be doing as well?

Hello everyone, it is unlikely many of you know Dreamcoin but we are aiming to be the most rarest and innovative anonymous coin in the ALTsphere. Dreamcoin current stands at 1.8mill total coins, with 15% annual POS interest.

What we want to do is transition Dreamcoin from a satoshi client to a monero and darksend client in order to become anonymous through both ways. This will make Dreamcoin to be the first Cryptonote/Darksend POS coin resulting in a new algorothim all together that will generate a lot of demand through the masses.

We are looking to achieve a goal of 100BTC in whatever form you can donate, here are the addresses:

1. DRM address: D67tnkGnibd1fe3gPLdmrsnRx2hhYYQh6g
2. BTC address: 1DoEFszLXdt6PB4nLEno4HtgvcTzqhFB34
3. Dogecoin address: DPaqvjVaLmo81ek29RPGqPzdys2MTxcrVD

Currently it is being traded at Poloniex as well: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_drm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:39:23 AM

Let's put out an offer for someone really skilled, but give him insane deadlines and pay him one fifth of the bounty if he missed this deadline.

What a brilliant idea. If I were a programmer capable of implementing ring signatures in a satoshi based client within such a ridiculously short time, I sure as hell wouldn't make it for a random coin.

I'd make my own.

We're going to increase the time to 1 month. I myself know 1 week is ridiculous after contacting few pro coders. Still waiting for MyFarm. Please respond proactively thank you. Honestly why would u make your own when u cant handle it later? Scam a few peps that what ur saying?

If someone is capable of integrating ring signatures into the satoshi client, they are way more capable than you are anyways, so why would they do it for you instead of creating their own altcoin? Dreamcoin is looking to be the next big pump, that's it.

Because marketing is hard. If there's a **well distributed** community of motivated stakeholders **both big and small**, then it's WAY more lucrative for me to give the community something it wants than to go create yet another altcoin that might be technically interesting but has no active users. Besides, I don't learn anything releasing code that nobody runs.

Scamming is for bitcoiners. I'd like to believe this community has a dream of something better

See this guy is a hero for us, i love the fact that he doesnt just want to "make a new coin" as theres already hundreds rotting away and give DRM a new life as the first ever POS anon currency.

So here's the deal... You, the Dreamcoin community, have to make some hard decisions, and tell me what's really important. Cause I can do development fast, but to do that, I need to US dollars to pay my bills and possibly hire other people.

But I'd rather do **high quality work** rather than another quick pump-and-dump. That is NOT going to come quickly, and might involve dramatically changing some coin fundamentals, because there are a lot of broken fundamentals in different places because someone grabs something derived from the Satoshi bitcoin client, makes a change, and doesn't fully understand what they are doing.

Satoshi had a brilliant concept with blockchains, and Bitcoin was a great first implementation. Proof of stake was a pretty interesting addition. Now we have Dreamcoin, which has a great name. But you don't achieve your dreams without making a few mistakes, and learning from them along the way. So here's an idea.. wouldn't Dreamcoin be the ideal coin for a fully distributed crowdfunding system, like http://blog.vinumeris.com/2014/05/17/lighthouse/ ?

I could probably implement (and most importantly, test) some sort of ring signatures and/or darkcoin-like anonymity protections for $50k to $100K USD in a couple of months. If there's no money, and I'm doing this in my spare time, it might be 6 to 18 months. It might be a lot faster if there is a community that comes together out of something more that just the 'next big coin'.

Excellent post, looks like you will do the break test and etc yourself by the looks of it. Dreamcoin can become really professional through this quality work. Yeah man im sure we raise a atleast $5000 in the beginning and hey we have MyFarm. I sure aint looking for a shit pnd but a long term potential coin here. I understand that POS cryptonote is a different algo all together and it will be much harder if thats what you are aiming. I will try getting BTC and DRM addresses started later hopefully. Is there any chance you maybe commit full time to this at some point? I sent an email addressing ETA, could you state the processes you will be doing as well?

Hello everyone, it is unlikely many of you know Dreamcoin but we are aiming to be the most rarest and innovative anonymous coin in the ALTsphere. Dreamcoin current stands at 1.8mill total coins, with 15% annual POS interest.

What we want to do is transition Dreamcoin from a satoshi client to a monero and darksend client in order to become anonymous through both ways. This will make Dreamcoin to be the first Cryptonote/Darksend POS coin resulting in a new algorothim all together that will generate a lot of demand through the masses.

We are looking to achieve a goal of 100BTC in whatever form you can donate, here are the addresses:

Currently it is being traded at Poloniex as well: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_drm

Remove this bullshit. This is not official and not wanted. Get out of here and fuck off.
ddeaNewtOn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

Remove this bullshit. This is not official and not wanted. Get out of here and fuck off.

I clearly made a bad choice investing in this coin. Will dump all of them. The dev obviously seems incompetent, and lacks maturity. The successful coins have community members who collaborate respectfully with eachother, and it sounds like this dev wants very little from his community because its "his coin" that "he created." Who cares who created it the coin or whose coin it is? That absolutely irrelevant imho. Also telling people (who want to help) to 'fuck off' reflects his poor character. How can this coin succeed with a 'leader' like this. Go read how the devs from DRK, Doge, BC or any other successful coins, communicate with their community. They communicate professionally and most definitely don't speak and act like this idiot.

I also posted in the DreamCoin ANN thread earlier asking about donation addresses and since then I can't make any posts in that thread, or else I would have posted this message there also. In any case I liked this coin (even though the dev mislead/lied to a lot of people with all the zerocoin/anonymity hogwash) and I really wish it success even though its doomed to fail if the dev keeps acting like this. J

Just a heads up for potential investors.
So please do not remove this thread, thank you.

*Grabs popcorn*
menu74

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:03:37 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 08:21:56 AM by menu74

I clearly made a bad choice investing in this coin. Will dump all of them. The dev obviously seems incompetent, and lacks maturity. The successful coins have community members who collaborate respectfully with eachother, and it sounds like this dev wants very little from his community because its "his coin" that "he created." Who cares who created it the coin or whose coin it is? That absolutely irrelevant imho. Also telling people (who want to help) to 'fuck off' reflects his poor character. How can this coin succeed with a 'leader' like this. Go read how the devs from DRK, Doge, BC or any other successful coins, communicate with their community. They communicate professionally and most definitely don't speak and act like this idiot.

I also posted in the DreamCoin ANN thread earlier asking about donation addresses and since then I can't make any posts in that thread, or else I would have posted this message there also. In any case I liked this coin (even though the dev mislead/lied to a lot of people with all the zerocoin/anonymity hogwash) and I really wish it success even though its doomed to fail if the dev keeps acting like this.

dev delete all includes source code, website and Block Explorer, Good luck. today will dump all this ugly coin.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:26:53 AM

I also posted in the DreamCoin ANN thread earlier asking about donation addresses and since then I can't make any posts in that thread, or else I would have posted this message there also. In any case I liked this coin (even though the dev mislead/lied to a lot of people with all the zerocoin/anonymity hogwash) and I really wish it success even though its doomed to fail if the dev keeps acting like this.

dev delete all includes source code, website and Block Explorer, Good luck

Of course he would. Did he lock the DRM ann thread too so nobody calls him out on his bs? The dude was on an ego trip with 'his coin.' I just hope the coward doesn't make a new account and start another coin to scam people with. I dumped and lost a bit of money. Lesson learned. If it sounds too good to be true, and filled with exaggerated promises from an unknown noob dev account, it's most likely a scam.

foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:39:46 AM

dev delete all includes source code, website and Block Explorer, Good luck

Of course he would. Did he lock the DRM ann thread too so nobody calls him out on his bs? The dude was on an ego trip with 'his coin.' I just hope the coward doesn't make a new account and start another coin to scam people with. I dumped and lost a bit of money. Lesson learned. If it sounds too good to be true, and filled with exaggerated promises from an unknown noob dev account, it's most likely a scam.

lol the funny thing is, that's exactly what he's gonna do. I never had a horse in this race thankfully but good luck to all you guys.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:43:07 AM

he really need to visit local doctor ... Roll Eyes
Mathgamain

Activity: 577

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:49:25 AM

Dramacoin thread continues here ->

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620418.new#new

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:36:38 AM

Sad story.
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

Sad story.

not yet but we will see
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:58:36 PM

This is the same copy/paste punk that did matrixcoin and hashcoin.  He isn't a real dev and never will be. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:04:16 PM

I'd make my own.

Be serious 100BTC?  

firstly only escrow level member would be acceptable to hold the coins

second 100BTC to create some coin mixing feature?

You don't need to go crazy on anon stuff, i'm sure one or the other would be sufficient, you can spend the other 80BTC on creating some real use for the coin.

Right now the coin works fine and is quite rare. I see no need for this price crash considering the minting number.

The escrow level person should only release coins gradually to the developer as it is proven to be working fine.

What would donators get in return? always have to make it worth their while.

johnny_non

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

I'd make my own.

Be serious 100BTC?  

firstly only escrow level member would be acceptable to hold the coins

second 100BTC to create some coin mixing feature?

You don't need to go crazy on anon stuff, i'm sure one or the other would be sufficient, you can spend the other 80BTC on creating some real use for the coin.

Right now the coin works fine and is quite rare. I see no need for this price crash considering the minting number.

The escrow level person should only release coins gradually to the developer as it is proven to be working fine.

What would donators get in return? always have to make it worth their while.
There is no need for donations at this time  all info continues at this thread

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
johnny_non

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

Please move discussions to our temporary thread

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

up
umairsaleem001

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/avatar.png

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 11:32:34 AM

https://c-cex.com/?p=drm8-btc
happy trade all

[url = https://fundcru.com/]FundCru: Platform Penggalangan Dana yang Didukung oleh Perdagangan Blockchain [/ b]
ICO: 5 Desember 2017, 13:00 UTC [/ b] [/ url]
[url = https: //medium.com/@fundcru] MEDIUM [/ url] | [url = https: //fundcru-inc.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtMjUzMTMxOTk4ODUyLTk1MzM2NTE4YjMwYmNlZWVhMDUwMzVlOTZlODVkYzIwMTBlM2E0ZmU0OTNiZjZjNzM0ZTYwOGNlZDM5MWFlYTU] SLACK [/ url] | [url = https: //twitter.com/fundcru] TWITTER [/ url] | [url = https: //t.me/joinchat/Gom_-A5qYHZXIduEnPE1ww] TELEGRAM [/ url]
[/ center]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: