Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russians boycotting US food industry.  (Read 6095 times)
247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

http://lifenews.ru/news/133676

Man with slogan "I clean WC with C#ca C#la" near US Embassy in Moscow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

Every joke has some truth to it.

It's a well-known householding tip to use coke for cleaning of kitchen and WC, for removal of rust stains. It's a very strong detergent.

http://www.povarenok.ru/advice/show/231/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:57:58 PM

Every joke has some truth to it.

It's a well-known householding tip to use coke for cleaning of kitchen and WC, for removal of rust stains. It's a very strong detergent.

Its also great to remove rust from coins, they'll look shiny as new

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:00:22 PM

so we're dicussing how we clean stuff with coca cola instead of the boycott? Cheesy

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

What food does Russia import from US anyway?  Not counting raw products (grain / fruit), I imagine it's all imported luxury items which only the Middle Upper Class can afford.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:05:48 PM

What food does Russia import from US anyway?  Not counting raw products (grain / fruit), I imagine it's all imported luxury items which only the Middle Upper Class can afford

I was wondering about the same thing. Sure they import, coca cola, mc donalds.. but Im talking about real food.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

American brands such as the Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds are quite popular in Russia. So I really doubt how much successful this boycott will be in the major cities of Russia.
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

American brands such as the Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds are quite popular in Russia. So I really doubt how much successful this boycott will be in the major cities of Russia.

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

so we're dicussing how we clean stuff with coca cola instead of the boycott? Cheesy

That could be a good boycott in itself: spread the word of how Coke is better than Jif and Domestos (replace with your favourite detergent) at cleaning your kitchen at a fraction of the price, and round it off with a slogan: "Enjoy Jif". This can make a big hit on drinking sales. Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:18:28 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy

They already do. They make an abysmally bad knock off of a traditional Russian drink - Kvas - and sell it under that label!

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

This picture show, how are Russian Police forces. Confront with armed activists in Donbass.

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:24:50 PM

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy

They already do. They make an abysmally bad knock off of a traditional Russian drink - Kvas - and sell it under that label!

so?

if it's that bad, the word gets out and people stop purchasing it..

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:25:34 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink
This will probably come concurrently with the imminent ban on homosexuals, though I have no idea if it's considered "manly" or "gay" in Russia to eat the fried penis of a homosexual.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

so?

if it's that bad, the word gets out and people stop purchasing it..

Many do. There is a range of products. When I was in Kiev, asking locals, which brands to select, they pointed out 1 or 2, and Coca/Pepsi-made were not among them. That was the recommendations from the older/middle-aged generation, who remember the taste of real Kvas. However, the placement of the products favours Coka/Pepsi, and the younger generation recommended them - acquired taste. This despite that Coca/Pepsi-made Kvas has as much in common with real Kvas as Fanta has with freshly-pressed orange juice.

TaunSew

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

No, these would be unaffected by a hypothetical ban.    Those companies are a component to a regional company and they likely source most of their ingredients from within Russia.  Maybe the Colonel's Secret Spices could be banned, though.   Grin

A hypothetical ban would affect

Raw Products (Grain / Fruit / Meats)
Liquors (American Whiskey / Scotch is a luxury item across the world)
American tobacco products
American chocolates / candies (unless made in Europe)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:40:55 PM

Kvass is tasty and I like to buy mine at the Deli but that's unfortunately the only place to get it, and it's a hassle.  $6 for 2 litre bottle but I can get 2L Coa Cola for $.99 cent when it's on special.

Ironically I am almost certain rye bread is cheaper than sugar but meh.

beetcoin

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:45:59 PM

Kvass is tasty and I like to buy mine at the Deli but that's unfortunately the only place to get it, and it's a hassle.  $6 for 2 litre bottle but I can get 2L Coa Cola for $.99 cent when it's on special.

Ironically I am almost certain rye bread is cheaper than sugar but meh.

i'd imagine a russian soda brand would probably randomly have a syringe in it.. seems like russian quality control is to half-ass everything. oh, mother russia!
Fredbase

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:55:59 PM

Can be hit in USA if repainted a bit. Kvas nation lol

Can someone post picture of rapper drinking Kvas? Cheesy

http://mijnzeep.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/img_3968.jpg
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:10:51 PM

No, these would be unaffected by a hypothetical ban.  

Here is about some group of people, that make rumors for laugh, not about some ban on state level.
I remember FOX News for searching French food (mineral water) in shops for boycotting.
Shit like "Freedom fries".

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:21:38 PM

I bet the balance remains in favor of the US.

I don't know how many Russians eat American food, but I'm sure there are far less Americans eating Russian food. Come to think of it, I guess the only Russian product available in the U.S. is Vodka (but Swedish vodka is better). Russian food hardly exists outside Russia.

I'd be cruel, I'd talk about Russian cars.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
nickenburg

Merit: 511

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:26:55 PM

A few days ago there was a article in the Dutch papers that stated:
Indian farmers are using cola & pepsi to clean there crops from pesticide.
Because it is cheaper then the real pesticide sprays.
The whole food industry is only based on profit and the food is gettin worse look at gmo's
Last summer i was In Aruba and the meat there in the supermarkets was so much better then the meat here in holland.
In Europe and Usa they try to make as much profit as possible and the quality of the food is going down because of that.
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:29:19 PM

I don't know how many Russians eat American food, but I'm sure there are far less Americans eating Russian food. Come to think of it, I guess the only Russian product available in the U.S. is Vodka (but Swedish vodka is better). Russian food hardly exists outside Russia.

Russia is very diverse in terms of cuisine and also in terms of income.  People from say Moscow will likely eat different things than people who live on a farm somewhere, and also buy different things products. In general, to eat at say McDonalds for breakfast is very rare in Russia.  So the majority of Russians will not be bothered by it;

As for Russian products in the US, i know of the Kaspersky anti-virus software. Im sure there are some others but I dont know by head.

Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:49:56 PM

Economic boycott is only 1 aspect of a larger game.

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:26:10 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 12:39:44 AM by 247crypto

As for Russian products in the US, i know of the Kaspersky anti-virus software. Im sure there are some others but I dont know by head.
Missile engines.
Military airplanes and parts
Helicopters
Uran
titan

beetcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:58:33 AM

Missile engines.
Helicopters
Uran
titan

don't forget mail-order brides, vodka and prostitutes  Smiley

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams. it's considered one of the better antivirus software, even though relations between the U.S. and russia have never been rosy.
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:22:34 AM

Russian prostitutes in USA?
How much?

beetcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:20 AM

How much?

have no idea, but i'm pretty sure they import their women over here. probably not as much as the south koreans/chinese though. do you want me to be your hooker broker? i charge a 5% flat fee. i can't promise she won't bite your dick off though; russian women are feisty. if you like her enough, you can also buy her.  
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:18:39 AM

Missile engines.
Helicopters
Uran
titan

The USA does not import much in the way of any if that except rocket engines. The us sells Russia more transportation goods by far (mostly planes) then Russia sells to the USA.  Russia sells the USA mostly petroleum products being 75% of Russian exports to the USA.  Despite this the USA is still a net energy exporter. 

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:14:08 AM

Russia exports a lot of food products to the United States and the European Union. The most important of those products is the Caviar (including Beluga, Sterlet, Ossetra, and Sevruga).
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:42:50 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 04:59:51 PM by Balthazar

How much?

have no idea, but i'm pretty sure they import their women over here. probably not as much as the south koreans/chinese though. do you want me to be your hooker broker? i charge a 5% flat fee. i can't promise she won't bite your dick off though; russian women are feisty. if you like her enough, you can also buy her.  
It's funny that the most of so called "russian prostitutes" are Ukrainian and Moldavan citizens... Some of them even unable to speak in russian quite well, without this mind-blowing accent. Even here, in Russia, more than a half of these girls are migrants from the Ukraine.  Roll Eyes
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

Russia says could replace any Western food sanctions from elsewhere

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/ukraine-crisis-food-idUSL6N0NH1TC20140425

Russia will get the cheese and meat from somewhere else, while the farmers in Poland and Lithuania will lose their market.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 04:54:17 PM

Russia exports a lot of food products to the United States and the European Union. The most important of those products is the Caviar (including Beluga, Sterlet, Ossetra, and Sevruga).

The Russians eat far more US food then vice versa.  Most of the US imports from Russia are petroleum products.  

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:00:58 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/ukraine-crisis-food-idUSL6N0NH1TC20140425

Russia will get the cheese and meat from somewhere else, while the farmers in Poland and Lithuania will lose their market.

Both sides could replace the others products.  Consumers in both nations will have higher prices.  The least replaceable item on both sides is aerospace products as the lead time to manufacture is long.  Russia buys US planes from Boeing, the USA buys rocket engines.  Neither is easily replaced. 

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

A few days ago there was a article in the Dutch papers that stated:
Indian farmers are using cola & pepsi to clean there crops from pesticide.
Because it is cheaper then the real pesticide sprays.
The whole food industry is only based on profit and the food is gettin worse look at gmo's
Last summer i was In Aruba and the meat there in the supermarkets was so much better then the meat here in holland.
In Europe and Usa they try to make as much profit as possible and the quality of the food is going down because of that.

And yet, the highest margin food in the USA is the organic non-GMO.
So all markets are served.  The starving have food, but not great food, and those adding a lot of value and affording better food pay a lot more for it.

Weird how markets sort of figure that out without "requiring" it, huh.  Who would have thought.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

Hmm.... Russia exports close to $ 2.1 billion worth of agricultural products (especially meat) from the United states every year. May be they could secure the food from Australia or China instead.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams. it's considered one of the better antivirus software, even though relations between the U.S. and russia have never been rosy.
Not surprising.
If you want to find good security, go where good security is necessary.
It evolves where the need is strongest.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:33:47 PM

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams.
Kaspersky AV is a scam itself, like any other AV software.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:39:30 PM

I am against any kind of sanctions and boycott, but America started this thing first.
The military and industrial power is now shifting in the east: Russia, China, India, Korea and Japan are controlling the needs of the world, while America is being slowly isolated. Except for the now obsolete IPhone, there is nothing else that the world is going to miss from this bloodthirsty continent.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:50:10 PM

China is making the maximum use out of the opportunities.

China ready to replace EU investors in Russia if more sanctions follow

http://rt.com/news/161104-sanction-eu-russia-china/
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

Both sides could replace the others products.  Consumers in both nations will have higher prices.  The least replaceable item on both sides is aerospace products as the lead time to manufacture is long.  Russia buys US planes from Boeing, the USA buys rocket engines.  Neither is easily replaced. 

I would very much prefer if Russia didn't import 6th hand Boeings (not from US, but rather from Latin America and Africa by companies, that are after making a quick buck), which are about to fall apart. Russia has many great construction bureaus, Tupolev and Iljushin, are just to biggest, and they should be further developed.

As for Western companies, I prefer Airbus in terms of cabin comfort: air quality, pressure, ventilation. Whenever I fly, I choose companies that use Airbus....

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

I would very much prefer if Russia didn't import 6th hand Boeings (not from US, but rather from Latin America and Africa by companies, that are after making a quick buck), which are about to fall apart. Russia has many great construction bureaus, Tupolev and Iljushin, are just to biggest, and they should be further developed.

As for Western companies, I prefer Airbus in terms of cabin comfort: air quality, pressure, ventilation. Whenever I fly, I choose companies that use Airbus....

I prefer specific planes not specific companies knowing there are planes that are to me more comfortable than others.  Specifically the A380, B747 and the B777 and looking forward to the A350.  I hate flying on A320 or B737's but still have to. 

While 6'th hand Boeings are certainly less safe then newer planes, it shows how well Boeings stand up.  It is well known that Boeings in general are built tougher then Airbus but also because of that tend to use more fuel.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:08:34 AM

The Russians eat far more US food then vice versa.  Most of the US imports from Russia are petroleum products.  

Thanks for this data. I guess I was wrong and right at the same time. The balance is in favor of Russia, but if I go to an American mall, I won't find any Russian-made product. This country doesn't make any consumer product an American would like. Caviar? Come on, I'm having caviar less than once a year, and I'm living well. Most of mankind doesn't know what caviar is.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:32:27 AM

Thanks for this data. I guess I was wrong and right at the same time. The balance is in favor of Russia, but if I go to an American mall, I won't find any Russian-made product. This country doesn't make any consumer product an American would like. Caviar? Come on, I'm having caviar less than once a year, and I'm living well. Most of mankind doesn't know what caviar is.

Most of mankind doesn't know what caviar is, but many of the millionaires and billionaires won't be able to live without it.  Grin And it is not that affordable either. A 9 Oz tin (255 grams) of Russian Volga Reserve Ossetra Caviar costs some $2,000 - 2,500. The Beluga caviar costs even more.
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:19:46 AM

Its not entirely true, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Russia Of course Tetris is a very popular example, but there are others.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:21:07 AM

Right now, the sanctions are having zero effect.

Russian trade with EU, US ‘unaffected’ by sanctions — deputy economy minister

http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/732783
TaunSew

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:45:22 PM

Right now, the sanctions are having zero effect.

Russian trade with EU, US ‘unaffected’ by sanctions — deputy economy minister

http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/732783

Sanctions had no affect on Italy, before WW2.  Likewise Iran and North Korea still stand to this day.

The USSR was fairly autonomous during the Cold War, except in agriculture and that was due to scale.  That still largely reigns true today but Russia's wheat import is diversified and most of it is coming from other continents.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:05:50 PM

The USSR was fairly autonomous during the Cold War, except in agriculture and that was due to scale.  That still largely reigns true today but Russia's wheat import is diversified and most of it is coming from other continents.

Russia's wheat imports? Russia is a net exporter of wheat, and not an importer.

TaunSew

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:16:16 PM

That is a map of trade volume, not production and internal consumption.  What I said, previously, is correct.

http://paulgregorysblog.blogspot.ca/2010/09/mystery-of-russian-grain-exports-its.html

There are other links which I can dig up.  The Russians consume more wheat than they domestically produce.  The reason Russia has export volume in wheat is from reselling wheat (purchased abroad) to the Chinese / Japanese who pay a premium for it.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:30:56 PM

That is a map of trade volume, not production and internal consumption.  What I said, previously, is correct.

http://paulgregorysblog.blogspot.ca/2010/09/mystery-of-russian-grain-exports-its.html

My source is not some crappy blog. Check the industry data:

http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Grain%20and%20Feed%20Annual_Moscow_Russian%20Federation_3-27-2012.pdf
http://www.informaecon.com/SovEconSample2.pdf

Russia total wheat production is 52 million tonnes, while the consumption is 35.5 million tonnes.

For all the cereals (wheat, barley.etc), the total production is 94 million tonnes, and the consumption is 70 million tonnes.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 05:34:01 PM

I wish you'd use maths and data like that in all your arguments lol
sana8410

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:42:41 PM

China will eat up Russia just like a cancer the same as they are doing in Africa and some South American companies.
"the yellow race will rule the world" as all the religion books say. Russians tough and brutal, Chinese silent assassin

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:14:24 PM

China will eat up Russia just like a cancer the same as they are doing in Africa and some South American companies.
Not only China doing this. Russia doing the same, they're closing old african debts in exchange for rights to mineral deposits development and shares in african companies.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:30:24 AM

"the yellow race will rule the world" as all the religion books say. Russians tough and brutal, Chinese silent assassin

lol... Russia is too big for China to eat up all at once. Anyway... right now China needs Russia's oil and gas, while Putin needs China's US Dollar reserves. Let's see how far the cooperation goes.  Grin
TaunSew

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:41:35 AM

lol... Russia is too big for China to eat up all at once. Anyway... right now China needs Russia's oil and gas, while Putin needs China's US Dollar reserves. Let's see how far the cooperation goes.  Grin

I don't think China will eat anyone up.  There's money to be made but I doubt any Chinese want to live in Africa or Russia in the long term.  There's areas of China more developed than Russia now.  It's like convincing Americans to goto Guatemala for work.

There are many Chinese who came to America, Australia and Canada in the 1970s / 1980s and many of their children are now returning to Hong Kong and other Chinese cities - why?  There's more opportunity in China for educated people and more things to do.  Economy is sucking hard in Australia / Americas and all you do is get fat in the suburbs.

Chinese living in Africa?  You do know that Angola is more expensive than China?  Launda is more expensive than Hong Kong (never mind China has tons of cheap cities with good jobs these days).

What living space?!  A Chinese standard of living is more expensive in Africa than it is in China.  

Mind you it's a Communist Government, maybe they'll chain the Chinese labourers to poles in the cargo holds like it's the slave trade but in reverse.  Grin  

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:52:19 AM

There is a huge gap in the child sex ratio in China. There are something like 1,200 males for every 1,000 females, in the 0-14 age group. It will be better for China to export this excess male population to places like Angola, in order to prevent social unrest in the future.
TaunSew

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:14:49 AM

There is a huge gap in the child sex ratio in China. There are something like 1,200 males for every 1,000 females, in the 0-14 age group. It will be better for China to export this excess male population to places like Angola, in order to prevent social unrest in the future.

No, as I said before most of Africa is too expensive in relative to China.  To live first world and second lifestyles can be extremely expensive in third world countries.

Though the 1200 males for every 1000 females is nothing - we've had those conditions in the west for very long times, especially in blue collar mining towns and mining towns haven't had any noticeable unrest in eons (if there's unrest then it's over work conditions, not a lack of p00sy).  Supposedly there are cities in China with a gender imbalance and there's no doom.

No wives means more disposable income so the guys would just spend their money on hookers, drugs and ATVs.  It's what guys are already doing in Perth and Edmonton.  I think you all underestimate how expensive children and *especially* wives can be.

The women always cause the most.   Grin  Eating out, shoes and purses adds up..

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:20:39 AM

No wives means more disposable income so the guys would just spend their money on hookers, drugs and ATVs.  It's what guys are already doing in Perth and Edmonton.  I think you all underestimate how expensive children and *especially* wives can be.

The lack of family can result in an upswing in the crime rates, and complete breakdown of the social fabric. Also, in future, that will mean that there are less and less tax payers to combat the increase in the population of the elderly.
TaunSew

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:53:13 PM

The lack of family can result in an upswing in the crime rates, and complete breakdown of the social fabric. Also, in future, that will mean that there are less and less tax payers to combat the increase in the population of the elderly.

I'm not familiar with any of those studies, at least on a global basis.  I think the studies you refer to were conducted in impoverished neighborhoods in the US where single mothers and/or divorce is prevalent and a lack of family is being blamed for being the cause in crime and social upheaval (chicken before the egg hypothesis).

In Japan's case - you have a huge generation of "Grass Eaters" now, men not in relationships, not married and without kids and there's no explosion in crime.

At least with the oil towns that I know about - while the stories of crime and cocaine are exaggerated, on a per capita basis (percentage) they're generally no different (if not slightly safer) than normal cities.  There's many cities in the United States like Chicago which are "no go zones" for normal humans, how could oil towns be worse?

Though you are correct about the tax base.  The biggest economic spenders tend to be women and thus they're overrepresented in consumer tax and real estate tax revenue and those two would plummet in a hypothetical bachelor society (hence why some countries in the past had "bachelor taxes" to make up for the loss).  As well, without women and children, men can also retire earlier and thus that's a loss in overall income tax base.

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:09:32 PM

One person with a piece of carton board written on it to boycott US of A products does make whole Russia boycotting US product ? hmm, how is this even credible unless I missed some news where the population or a good portion of it is doing this

And again such call from a Russian population stand point is understandable, with all the aggressiveness toward their country being it from Media, or real acts like sanction to their industry, banks and companies by the US
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:26:52 AM

russians are not boycotting US food industry, but GMO ''food'' industry

IOTA
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:54:55 AM

russians are not boycotting US food industry, but GMO ''food'' industry

Almost all the food products destined for export from the United States are GMO food. Sometimes they label it as such, and sometimes they don't. Remember this the next time when you buy some food product imported from the US.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6310

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:41:01 PM

So Egypt is a top wheat importer?
The gods of Egypt and Cleopatra are rolling in their graves.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:59:26 PM

This is the original news article which triggered this thread.

Russia will not import GMO products - PM Medvedev

http://rt.com/news/russia-import-gmo-products-621/

The Americans interpreted Medvedev's statement as a boycott against the American food industry.
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:04:17 PM

The Americans interpreted Medvedev's statement as a boycott against the American food industry.

The thread was started by 247crypto (who is the opposite of pagan) just to post his links again , from which I (as a normal non-russian user of this forum ) can't understand a bit.
They are turning this forum into a mess and I really think that the spamming should end.

Less links and pictures and more discussions on the subject , if those can be held at all.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
sana8410

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:26:28 PM

If Russia is serious about going organic, then i applaud this move. I would also like to see the deeds being done - i.e. reversing the legislation to ban gmo's, first and foremost and not reporting to the  gmo register. The world stands behind this move.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

If Russia is serious about going organic, then i applaud this move. I would also like to see the deeds being done - i.e. reversing the legislation to ban gmo's, first and foremost and not reporting to the  gmo register. The world stands behind this move.

This move has nothing to do with importing organic food. Organic food is way too expensive for most of the ordinary Russians. Remember that Russia is a net-food importer. They will continue importing the non-organic non-GMO food.

BTW... Medvedev recently said that he will put more emphasis on growing organic food. But even while the Russian organic food market is growing at a dizzying pace, it constitutes only a minuscule fraction of the overall food sector.

Check these:

http://www.organic-world.net/news-organic-world.html?&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=1042&cHash=fb945605e40b71cab0a6d1345e225577
http://voiceofrussia.com/2012_10_14/Organic-food-in-Russia-healthy-for-the-wealthy/
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:34:07 PM

Americans , drinking cola , eating at mc'donalds , eating gmo , subject of "secret" cia test
Life expectancy:
35    United States   79.8

Russia , with it's organic food :
124    Russia   70

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:54:48 PM

Food is only one of the factors. Besides, Russia has a serious problem in the smoking and drinking department... Quite strong lobbying there, stalling any sane initiative. Even GMO almost slipped through...

stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:01:41 PM

Food is only one of the factors. Besides, Russia has a serious problem in the smoking and drinking department... Quite strong lobbying there, stalling any sane initiative. Even GMO almost slipped through...

Comparing :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

I would hove to hear somebody who says smoking is not affecting health right now and kick him in his head.

What amazes me is that some counties which I believed are heavy smokers and drinkers don't make the top. Japan for example.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:54:44 PM

Good!!! Now all the Russians need to do is ban chemtrails in the sky; ban fluoride from water, toothpaste and food, and food made with toxic pesticides and nanotechnology; ban use of amalgams and stop using ultrasound on pregnant women.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:20:57 PM

Good!!! Now all the Russians need to do is ban chemtrails in the sky; ban fluoride from water, toothpaste and food, and food made with toxic pesticides and nanotechnology; ban use of amalgams and stop using ultrasound on pregnant women.

A lot of farmland in Russia is already owned by joint ventures, partially owned by Western corporations. For example, the Black Earth Farming Corp, which controls more than 750,000 acres of Russian farmland (esp. in the oblasts of Kursk, Tambov, Lipetsk and Voronezh) is jointly owned by American businessman Richard Warburton. Medvedev's anti-GMO campaign is probably targeted at these corporations.
kuroman

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:41:22 PM

there were always restriction for china to invest in key industries in Russia, but this is a good opportunity for China to extend their reach in Russia, but still if I'm not mistaking Russia will not open the gate just yet, which any smart person should do, key industries such as oil and Gas (exploitation and investment in gazprom and stuff), rare metals, military, pharmaceutic and banking system will be open for Chinese,
nickenburg

Merit: 511

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

Another good move from Russia,
First pPutin Make's sure Russia is not in debt anymore with the rothchild banksters.
Then because of that they try to make him look bad in the western press.
Now Russia bans the gmo food to, I understand why the western Media and politics are trying to make them look bad now.
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

Another good move from Russia,
First pPutin Make's sure Russia is not in debt anymore with the rothchild banksters.
Then because of that they try to make him look bad in the western press.
Now Russia bans the gmo food to, I understand why the western Media and politics are trying to make them look bad now.

Unfortunately if the rest of the world starts accepting gmo Russia will be forced to comply.
And this because of the costs. Countries that need lots of food won't be able to pay the higher costs and this will force Russian to either switch or produce just for the internal demand.

Also , just because Russia is huge there are always things that will just not grow there or are just too costly.
And those things you have to import like they currently do with meat or sugar or bananas.

If only gmo food exists in the world , what will they import?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:30:38 AM

there were always restriction for china to invest in key industries in Russia, but this is a good opportunity for China to extend their reach in Russia, but still if I'm not mistaking Russia will not open the gate just yet, which any smart person should do, key industries such as oil and Gas (exploitation and investment in gazprom and stuff), rare metals, military, pharmaceutic and banking system will be open for Chinese,

There is a lot of Chinese investment in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors of Russia. But their involvement in the oil and gas, and mineral sector is limited. And they are not just limited to the Chinese. In general, all foreigners are limited from investing in these sectors Almost all the oil deposits and mines are fully owned by the Russian government or the individual Russian citizens, although there are some exceptions, such as the Exxon Neftegas / Sakhalin-I (30% owned by Exxon Mobil, 20% owned by ONGC) and Sakhalin Energy / Sakhalin-II (Shell - 27.5%, Mitsui - 12.5%, and Mitsubishi - 10%).
kuroman

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:17:16 PM

Sadly, this shows one of the reasons why I don't believe in media anymores, and I don't make judgement till I read several sources including the sources from both involved parties, Media propaganda is a big geopolitical tool nowadays

Banning GMOs is a good thing, as long as it's not proven that they are 100% safe, and their impact on the environment is reduced
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:09:11 PM

Everyone should remember that Russia is not the first country to ban or regulate the GMO food. Already more than 64 countries have done so, including the two most populous nations in the world.

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:42:21 AM

Everyone should remember that Russia is not the first country to ban or regulate the GMO food. Already more than 64 countries have done so, including the two most populous nations in the world.

GMO's are quite safe.  They should be not patentable once they are in the wild.  The biggest agra-danger in the USA is monoculture.  So much of our stuff is exactly the same, if there was a problem with it the problem would be very widespread.  If some disease or side effect was found it would have a huge effect in the end. 

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:30:03 AM

Generally, these products are produced in Russia, though they have come up in the United States. If you want to boycott - to fight. Plants in Russia will close its head office will lose 1% of the profits, and thousands of workers from factories in Russia will remain unemployed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:47:53 AM

Generally, these products are produced in Russia, though they have come up in the United States. If you want to boycott - to fight. Plants in Russia will close its head office will lose 1% of the profits, and thousands of workers from factories in Russia will remain unemployed.

GMO food is not produced in Russia, as there is a law banning its production. Oh.. and don't threaten the Russians with unemployment. Actually banning the GMO food will create more jobs in Russia. You can take that thousands of workers BS to somewhere else, probably to some European country.
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:59:11 AM

GMO food is not produced in Russia, as there is a law banning its production. Oh.. and don't threaten the Russians with unemployment. Actually banning the GMO food will create more jobs in Russia. You can take that thousands of workers BS to somewhere else, probably to some European country.

true

now chinese gov. also looking how to ban GMO seeds and food.
russia have enough power and plants for export also

IOTA
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:29:23 AM

now chinese gov. also looking how to ban GMO seeds and food.
russia have enough power and plants for export also

lol... the American government is trying to harm the Russian oil and gas exports, and at the same time their exports are getting rejected in most of the world nations. Remember that the US is the biggest exporter of food products in the world (the vast majority of them GMO food).
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:02:22 AM

multipolar world is answer to all questions,

BRICS countries must ban GMO foods.

I know it is hard for Brasil

IOTA
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:20:05 AM

GMO could be used to produce fuel.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:28:01 AM

Brazil is heavily dependent on dairy farming and sugarcane farming, in addition to Soya.

GMO Soya is expanding in Brazil, despite the fact was it was banned until a few years ago. A stunning 91% of all the Soya planted in Brazil is GMO Soya. China imports 70% of all the Soya produced in Brazil, and so far they have not objected to GMO Soya.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: