Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:11:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russians boycotting US food industry.  (Read 6095 times)
247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

http://lifenews.ru/news/133676

Man with slogan "I clean WC with C#ca C#la" near US Embassy in Moscow.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

Every joke has some truth to it.

It's a well-known householding tip to use coke for cleaning of kitchen and WC, for removal of rust stains. It's a very strong detergent.

http://www.povarenok.ru/advice/show/231/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:57:58 PM

Every joke has some truth to it.

It's a well-known householding tip to use coke for cleaning of kitchen and WC, for removal of rust stains. It's a very strong detergent.

Its also great to remove rust from coins, they'll look shiny as new

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:00:22 PM

so we're dicussing how we clean stuff with coca cola instead of the boycott? Cheesy

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

What food does Russia import from US anyway?  Not counting raw products (grain / fruit), I imagine it's all imported luxury items which only the Middle Upper Class can afford.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:05:48 PM

What food does Russia import from US anyway?  Not counting raw products (grain / fruit), I imagine it's all imported luxury items which only the Middle Upper Class can afford

I was wondering about the same thing. Sure they import, coca cola, mc donalds.. but Im talking about real food.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

American brands such as the Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds are quite popular in Russia. So I really doubt how much successful this boycott will be in the major cities of Russia.
bitsmichel

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

American brands such as the Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds are quite popular in Russia. So I really doubt how much successful this boycott will be in the major cities of Russia.

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

so we're dicussing how we clean stuff with coca cola instead of the boycott? Cheesy

That could be a good boycott in itself: spread the word of how Coke is better than Jif and Domestos (replace with your favourite detergent) at cleaning your kitchen at a fraction of the price, and round it off with a slogan: "Enjoy Jif". This can make a big hit on drinking sales. Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:18:28 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy

They already do. They make an abysmally bad knock off of a traditional Russian drink - Kvas - and sell it under that label!

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

This picture show, how are Russian Police forces. Confront with armed activists in Donbass.

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:24:50 PM

and gorbachev chicken chops. but yeah, russians boycotting coca cola isn't going to do shit.. and no one over here cares, except for coca cola. maybe they'll come up with their own red army soda. i wouldn't be surprised if putin on a horse were the logo  Cheesy

They already do. They make an abysmally bad knock off of a traditional Russian drink - Kvas - and sell it under that label!

so?

if it's that bad, the word gets out and people stop purchasing it..

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:25:34 PM

It opens new business opportunities for Russian companies: Stalingrad Fried Chicken  Wink
This will probably come concurrently with the imminent ban on homosexuals, though I have no idea if it's considered "manly" or "gay" in Russia to eat the fried penis of a homosexual.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

so?

if it's that bad, the word gets out and people stop purchasing it..

Many do. There is a range of products. When I was in Kiev, asking locals, which brands to select, they pointed out 1 or 2, and Coca/Pepsi-made were not among them. That was the recommendations from the older/middle-aged generation, who remember the taste of real Kvas. However, the placement of the products favours Coka/Pepsi, and the younger generation recommended them - acquired taste. This despite that Coca/Pepsi-made Kvas has as much in common with real Kvas as Fanta has with freshly-pressed orange juice.

TaunSew

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

No, these would be unaffected by a hypothetical ban.    Those companies are a component to a regional company and they likely source most of their ingredients from within Russia.  Maybe the Colonel's Secret Spices could be banned, though.   Grin

A hypothetical ban would affect

Raw Products (Grain / Fruit / Meats)
Liquors (American Whiskey / Scotch is a luxury item across the world)
American tobacco products
American chocolates / candies (unless made in Europe)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:40:55 PM

Kvass is tasty and I like to buy mine at the Deli but that's unfortunately the only place to get it, and it's a hassle.  $6 for 2 litre bottle but I can get 2L Coa Cola for $.99 cent when it's on special.

Ironically I am almost certain rye bread is cheaper than sugar but meh.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:45:59 PM

Kvass is tasty and I like to buy mine at the Deli but that's unfortunately the only place to get it, and it's a hassle.  $6 for 2 litre bottle but I can get 2L Coa Cola for $.99 cent when it's on special.

Ironically I am almost certain rye bread is cheaper than sugar but meh.

i'd imagine a russian soda brand would probably randomly have a syringe in it.. seems like russian quality control is to half-ass everything. oh, mother russia!
Fredbase

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:55:59 PM

Can be hit in USA if repainted a bit. Kvas nation lol

Can someone post picture of rapper drinking Kvas? Cheesy

http://mijnzeep.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/img_3968.jpg
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:10:51 PM

No, these would be unaffected by a hypothetical ban.  

Here is about some group of people, that make rumors for laugh, not about some ban on state level.
I remember FOX News for searching French food (mineral water) in shops for boycotting.
Shit like "Freedom fries".

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: