Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russians boycotting US food industry.  (Read 6099 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:21:38 PM

I bet the balance remains in favor of the US.

I don't know how many Russians eat American food, but I'm sure there are far less Americans eating Russian food. Come to think of it, I guess the only Russian product available in the U.S. is Vodka (but Swedish vodka is better). Russian food hardly exists outside Russia.

I'd be cruel, I'd talk about Russian cars.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:26:55 PM

A few days ago there was a article in the Dutch papers that stated:
Indian farmers are using cola & pepsi to clean there crops from pesticide.
Because it is cheaper then the real pesticide sprays.
The whole food industry is only based on profit and the food is gettin worse look at gmo's
Last summer i was In Aruba and the meat there in the supermarkets was so much better then the meat here in holland.
In Europe and Usa they try to make as much profit as possible and the quality of the food is going down because of that.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:29:19 PM

I don't know how many Russians eat American food, but I'm sure there are far less Americans eating Russian food. Come to think of it, I guess the only Russian product available in the U.S. is Vodka (but Swedish vodka is better). Russian food hardly exists outside Russia.

Russia is very diverse in terms of cuisine and also in terms of income.  People from say Moscow will likely eat different things than people who live on a farm somewhere, and also buy different things products. In general, to eat at say McDonalds for breakfast is very rare in Russia.  So the majority of Russians will not be bothered by it;

As for Russian products in the US, i know of the Kaspersky anti-virus software. Im sure there are some others but I dont know by head.

Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:49:56 PM

Economic boycott is only 1 aspect of a larger game.

247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:26:10 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 12:39:44 AM by 247crypto

As for Russian products in the US, i know of the Kaspersky anti-virus software. Im sure there are some others but I dont know by head.
Missile engines.
Military airplanes and parts
Helicopters
Uran
titan

beetcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:58:33 AM

Missile engines.
Helicopters
Uran
titan

don't forget mail-order brides, vodka and prostitutes  Smiley

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams. it's considered one of the better antivirus software, even though relations between the U.S. and russia have never been rosy.
247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:22:34 AM

Russian prostitutes in USA?
How much?

beetcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:20 AM

How much?

have no idea, but i'm pretty sure they import their women over here. probably not as much as the south koreans/chinese though. do you want me to be your hooker broker? i charge a 5% flat fee. i can't promise she won't bite your dick off though; russian women are feisty. if you like her enough, you can also buy her.  
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:18:39 AM

Missile engines.
Helicopters
Uran
titan

The USA does not import much in the way of any if that except rocket engines. The us sells Russia more transportation goods by far (mostly planes) then Russia sells to the USA.  Russia sells the USA mostly petroleum products being 75% of Russian exports to the USA.  Despite this the USA is still a net energy exporter. 

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:14:08 AM

Russia exports a lot of food products to the United States and the European Union. The most important of those products is the Caviar (including Beluga, Sterlet, Ossetra, and Sevruga).
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:42:50 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 04:59:51 PM by Balthazar

How much?

have no idea, but i'm pretty sure they import their women over here. probably not as much as the south koreans/chinese though. do you want me to be your hooker broker? i charge a 5% flat fee. i can't promise she won't bite your dick off though; russian women are feisty. if you like her enough, you can also buy her.  
It's funny that the most of so called "russian prostitutes" are Ukrainian and Moldavan citizens... Some of them even unable to speak in russian quite well, without this mind-blowing accent. Even here, in Russia, more than a half of these girls are migrants from the Ukraine.  Roll Eyes
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

Russia says could replace any Western food sanctions from elsewhere

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/ukraine-crisis-food-idUSL6N0NH1TC20140425

Russia will get the cheese and meat from somewhere else, while the farmers in Poland and Lithuania will lose their market.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 04:54:17 PM

Russia exports a lot of food products to the United States and the European Union. The most important of those products is the Caviar (including Beluga, Sterlet, Ossetra, and Sevruga).

The Russians eat far more US food then vice versa.  Most of the US imports from Russia are petroleum products.  

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:00:58 PM

Russia says could replace any Western food sanctions from elsewhere

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/ukraine-crisis-food-idUSL6N0NH1TC20140425

Russia will get the cheese and meat from somewhere else, while the farmers in Poland and Lithuania will lose their market.

Both sides could replace the others products.  Consumers in both nations will have higher prices.  The least replaceable item on both sides is aerospace products as the lead time to manufacture is long.  Russia buys US planes from Boeing, the USA buys rocket engines.  Neither is easily replaced. 

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

A few days ago there was a article in the Dutch papers that stated:
Indian farmers are using cola & pepsi to clean there crops from pesticide.
Because it is cheaper then the real pesticide sprays.
The whole food industry is only based on profit and the food is gettin worse look at gmo's
Last summer i was In Aruba and the meat there in the supermarkets was so much better then the meat here in holland.
In Europe and Usa they try to make as much profit as possible and the quality of the food is going down because of that.

And yet, the highest margin food in the USA is the organic non-GMO.
So all markets are served.  The starving have food, but not great food, and those adding a lot of value and affording better food pay a lot more for it.

Weird how markets sort of figure that out without "requiring" it, huh.  Who would have thought.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

Hmm.... Russia exports close to $ 2.1 billion worth of agricultural products (especially meat) from the United states every year. May be they could secure the food from Australia or China instead.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams. it's considered one of the better antivirus software, even though relations between the U.S. and russia have never been rosy.
Not surprising.
If you want to find good security, go where good security is necessary.
It evolves where the need is strongest.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:33:47 PM

btw, that whole kaspersky thing is quite funny.. it comes from a country that is notoriously known for phishing/scams.
Kaspersky AV is a scam itself, like any other AV software.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:39:30 PM

I am against any kind of sanctions and boycott, but America started this thing first.
The military and industrial power is now shifting in the east: Russia, China, India, Korea and Japan are controlling the needs of the world, while America is being slowly isolated. Except for the now obsolete IPhone, there is nothing else that the world is going to miss from this bloodthirsty continent.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:50:10 PM

China is making the maximum use out of the opportunities.

China ready to replace EU investors in Russia if more sanctions follow

http://rt.com/news/161104-sanction-eu-russia-china/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: