Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:18:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BitcoinExchange.cc - BTC / MtGoxUSD / Liberty Reserve / WU / MoneyGram  (Read 114262 times)
Vasco (OP)
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:15:15 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 05:38:15 AM by BitcoinExchange

Here's my experience.

I have been watching this topic for weeks. When I finally decided to buy Bitcoins I submitted an order on the site. In the email reply I received it said rates wouldn't be locked in until a MoneyPak number was processed. So, I go to town and buy a MoneyPak, then send the number @8pm Sat. to the email specified.

After not receiving a reply, I sent a second email 25 hours after the first, app. 9pm Sunday. I hoped to at least get a response. It's now Monday at 9am and I still haven't received any response at all.

I check the thread here yet again to find out MoneyPaks are no longer accepted.

Maybe I'll eventually get the email informing me of this development, but for now all I've gotten from from BitcoinExchange is 45 hours of headache.

Now it looks like I have to find someone else willing to sell Bitcoins for MoneyPak, or find an alternate use altogether.

After reading so many people report positive experiences I expected a quick and easy trade might be possible. I'm very displeased.

Argon,

As stated on our website, it can take a bit of time before we process your order if we are being flooded with orders. Usually our transactions are instant, but can sometimes take 48-72 hours to process at peak volume.

Also, EVERYONE who sent me MoneyPak codes got a reply early this morning informing them that they are no longer accepted as payment due to headaches from GreenDot and PayPal, I also provided the contact information of a colleague who would process your order without delays. You did not waste your trip as your order can still be filled, and we are still within the 3 day processing window.  Check your spam folder.

I have just sent you a PM with that information, just in case you didn't get the e-mail.

EDIT UPDATE - 6/13/2011 - MoneyPak issues resolved, we accept them as payment once again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dubbz82

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:22:33 PM

also side note, you may wanna remove blockbuster cards from your payout method.....due to some stuff the company has been undertaking, they no longer accept the cards....

EDIT: link for further info  http://www.blockbuster.com/gifts  notification at the top states why.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:25:47 PM

In case you haven't realize yet, but merchants are slowly and quietly adding alertpay and moneybookers as forms of payment, and I am starting to see alot of merchants accepting Liberty Reserve lately...

I accept Liberty Reserve and many other alternate non-chargeback e-currencies such as WMZ, Pecunix, and more. I have dropped PayPal and MoneyPak services altogether.

From what I understand MoneyBookers and AlertPay have chargeback risks, although they seem to be minimal.

kuat

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:44:03 PM

try looking into https://www.paxum.com as a substitute for PayPal

they have Peer-2-Peer payments, and issue MasterCards for withdrawing cash.

it's a pretty big payments system
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:59:51 PM

+3, several "cash" exchanges.  Always quick, professional and trustworthy.

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:52:10 PM

They have very high fees. No thanks.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:53:20 PM

Why no https support?

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
nzbtc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:15:08 AM

Edit. Emailed and in contact.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:30:53 AM

Why no https support?

Coming soon!

bleedkira

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:04:16 AM

Just had my first experience, whole transaction complete in under 4 hours. Very pleased, will do business again. I just wish there was a WU/MG like service without the ridiculous fees.
Whelming

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:03:51 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 08:08:46 PM by Whelming

Just had my first experience, whole transaction complete in under 4 hours. Very pleased, will do business again. I just wish there was a WU/MG like service without the ridiculous fees.

seriously? Dang. I wonder if speed of service has to do with location? I sent my order a few nights ago and I'm still waiting on my Western Union MCTN. Posts like yours keep me hopeful that Bitcoinexchange is merely swamped with requests, and my order is in the shuffle. I chose BitCoinExchange for my first BTC transaction, so I'm a little nervous ;^^ but I see great feedback all over the forums for them, so I don't think I have much to be worried about.
TheMoneyStorm

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:17:16 PM

They have very high fees. No thanks.

The fee's don't appear to be that high, I wouldn't mind seeing Paxum either.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:34:05 PM

Can someone tell how the debit cards work, are they physical or electronic?  Can you use them in an ATM?  I was thinking of getting a debit card to order something for in-store pickup for BestBuy, but BestBuy requires you then to bring in your ID as well as the card that you used to purchase it. Sad   So if it's electronic only, I don't think that would work. 

Otherwise i'll do western union and just try to find a BB with my item in stock
drugsmang

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 10:18:26 PM

You can use this guy to buy bitcoins with your Visa/MC up to $200 for little fees

Go to www.buywmz.com
Get a WMZ card
Send BitcoinExchange the codes
????
Profit

Works with $USD/EUR/UAH cards only
Camron

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 06:14:08 AM by Camron

seriously? Dang. I wonder if speed of service has to do with location? I sent my order a few nights ago and I'm still waiting on my Western Union MCTN. Posts like yours keep me hopeful that Bitcoinexchange is merely swamped with requests, and my order is in the shuffle. I chose BitCoinExchange for my first BTC transaction, so I'm a little nervous ;^^ but I see great feedback all over the forums for them, so I don't think I have much to be worried about.

x2, I am still waiting for my transaction to be completed (Mtgox for Paypal) from Friday.  I had a great experience prior to this so I am hoping to just chalk this one up to the whole Paypal issue but the delay is a bit concerning.   

Edit: Issue has been resolved. 
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:45:22 PM

Dunno what happened to my post, so I'll ask again, maybe I forgot to hit 'save' Smiley

If someone gets money from Western Union, is that taxable as income?  (in my case it'll be around $200)

If it is taxable, is there an amount where you don't have to report it?  If so is this a daily amount, or is it per year?

Thanks!
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:04:30 PM

x2, I am still waiting for my transaction to be completed (Mtgox for Paypal) from Friday.  I had a great experience prior to this so I am hoping to just chalk this one up to the whole Paypal issue but the delay is a bit concerning.   

Yeah I'm waiting on a PayPal transaction from right before it got frozen. He's been good in the past so I'm not too concerned, just a little impatient since we are talking about money of course lol. I'm sure the current spike to 30$/btc has been keeping him busy too.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
sedum

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:11:26 PM

Excuse me for being a total newbie in this whole world. I got some bitcoins and need to get them exchanges to euros through WU. What exchange rate would a service like this use for a such transaction? Hope someone will help me understand this whole thing a little better
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:14:20 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 05:32:41 PM by grndzero

I am waiting on a Mt Gox to Direct Deposit transaction that was started last Friday. I told would be delivered on this past Monday and has not arrived yet. I left messages on IRC and here on the forums yesterday and have not received any response yet. Gribble bot says he has not been on IRC since I last spoke to him Sunday. The forums say that his last logon was 0600 UTC this morning.

This is my first good sized transaction, so I am a bit worried also. I selected Bitcoin Exchange due to the positive responses in this thread. I hope everything is ok.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
xjosx

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:29:39 PM

Also waiting on a Bitcoin -> ACH transaction, paid for on June 3. I've had a Dwolla -> ACH transaction go through, that was initiated Monday, but this BitcoinExchange transaction is taking longer... Can I be informed of the progress?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: