Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btcgarden-AM-v1 down to $0.53/GHs. In stock for international selling!  (Read 162650 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:27:25 PM

Has anyone run these on p2pool? cgminer only reports ~299GH/s on p2pool, but on any other pool it stays solid at 312GH/s for me. Just wondering if there is some setting I could change, or if this is what I should expect (I haven't used p2pool before). Tried it on a node I setup in my house, also tried on other nodes I get low ping times to (<50ms).

Being able to use these miners with P2Pool is of big importance to us.  Can anyone else confirm or update their performance on P2Pool.

Our ~30TH or so does not seem to have any problems on our internal p2pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhj12345

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:44:16 AM

Placed an "in stock" order Monday and I still see no tracking number in my account as of today Friday.

Is this normal??? Huh Huh Huh

I think yes because it is not an automatic process so it's possible back office is busy.
You can ask btcgarden on this forum and he can answer you quickly.

Yes I did get a response from them today indicating I will have a tracking number tomorrow. I should add here I am not impressed with the way they process orders and this is not to say anything bad about there units, based on the response here I will be very happy with my purchase.

But with that said if when I buy a unit from BTC Garden and I have to calculate what I owe to them and then not have that payment even acknowledged by even a single email is just UN-productive. Also I have to go back and send them proof of payment after I see it run through the blockchain. I don't want to compare them with some other company but Bitmain Tech seems to have this down and makes checkout much smoother.

I hope to see BTC Garden become successful as we all want more choice in picking our mining units, but I am just saying they need to improve check out.

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry for the experience we brought you. We will try hard and do better in the future.

Got my tracking info as promised. Thank You.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:38:52 AM

my units arrived today, and i've got a problem - it only hashes at 130GH. All 8 boards are connected in series, red wires on the same side for each connector, with the rpi at the 'bottom'

Ive checked the cables for snugness and eveything is wired up properly by the looks of it, but the second board onward do not get warm or produce a hashrate. Is there something im not doing right? each unit has its own EVGA 1300, so there is total overkill of quality 12V power.

otherwise, the kit was quite good - arrived in one piece (though a good kick to the box by a DHL courier would likely cause damage) and is a nice design both for fan placement/volume and minimalism of costs.

would like to see a class 8 or better SD card though since the RPi can go through class 4 cards quickly during reboots or power failures.

is there a way to see the actual cgminer process going on? I doubt it recognises anything other than the first board but id love to check the live log and settings

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
btcgarden_miner (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:08:07 AM

Placed an "in stock" order Monday and I still see no tracking number in my account as of today Friday.

Is this normal??? Huh Huh Huh

I think yes because it is not an automatic process so it's possible back office is busy.
You can ask btcgarden on this forum and he can answer you quickly.

Yes I did get a response from them today indicating I will have a tracking number tomorrow. I should add here I am not impressed with the way they process orders and this is not to say anything bad about there units, based on the response here I will be very happy with my purchase.

But with that said if when I buy a unit from BTC Garden and I have to calculate what I owe to them and then not have that payment even acknowledged by even a single email is just UN-productive. Also I have to go back and send them proof of payment after I see it run through the blockchain. I don't want to compare them with some other company but Bitmain Tech seems to have this down and makes checkout much smoother.

I hope to see BTC Garden become successful as we all want more choice in picking our mining units, but I am just saying they need to improve check out.

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry for the experience we brought you. We will try hard and do better in the future.

Got my tracking info as promised. Thank You.

Thank you for your understanding.
theerachate

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:10:30 AM

my units arrived today, and i've got a problem - it only hashes at 130GH. All 8 boards are connected in series, red wires on the same side for each connector, with the rpi at the 'bottom'

Ive checked the cables for snugness and eveything is wired up properly by the looks of it, but the second board onward do not get warm or produce a hashrate. Is there something im not doing right? each unit has its own EVGA 1300, so there is total overkill of quality 12V power.

otherwise, the kit was quite good - arrived in one piece (though a good kick to the box by a DHL courier would likely cause damage) and is a nice design both for fan placement/volume and minimalism of costs.

would like to see a class 8 or better SD card though since the RPi can go through class 4 cards quickly during reboots or power failures.

is there a way to see the actual cgminer process going on? I doubt it recognises anything other than the first board but id love to check the live log and settings

Well, mine just arrived yesterday, it was hashing at around 300ghash/s, but please do keep in mind that it's only 4 boards, so I asked btcgarden, and here it's the thing. In the configuration page, board numbers was 8, and it should be 4 because I have 4 boards, then I changed it to 4, then hooyah! It's now hashing around 620 and very stable at that hashrate. I'm very please with their unit, and in my opinion, they have the best customer service ever! Anyways, please check your board numbers if the input was right. If it's please contact btcgarden.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:51:10 AM

You did change the "Board Num" to 8 in the webgui/cgminer config right? Also, I heard something about certain firmware needed for running up to 8 boards on a single R-Pi.
If you are still having issues, I would test each board individually until you test them all for good working order. Then once they all checkout good in SINGLE board config, I would start daisy-chaining them together and testing as you add more boards.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

I have a question toward BTC-Garden (or towards anyone who can answer it) what is the expected lifetime of these miners? Are they professionally built? Is the build quality nice and good or is it just standard? I mean, from the pictures the side metals do look quite thin.

madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:04:29 AM

There are no miners which would give you easy money, Btg garden had good product, but you must think forward if you want a lot of them /investment + electricity consumption/

Ps. I can't wait for winter, thanks btcgarden the room is constantly warmer than others Smiley

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
xtoff

Activity: 187

Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:02:08 AM

Hi, if you have 8 in the GUI, good parameters
Checking
rpi always on the right
red line on the wire always on the right too
if all is ok check the boards, begin with the bottom

change gui for one board  and only the first board at the bottom connected
if ok then change gui to 2 boards and connect the second board to the first (only the second, no connection 2 ==> 3)
if ok then change gui to 3 boards and connect the third board to the second, then check
Do that for the 8 boards so you can identify the board which fail

hope that helps

blaczky

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:03:44 AM

All product are out of stock. How long to available this product?
xtoff

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:04:01 AM

Madsusie now you have a professional PSU, good choice  Grin
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

Madsusie now you have a professional PSU, good choice  Grin
I was absolutely foo, I thought the PSU before was 750W but it was just 450W, my fault  Lips sealed

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:35:58 AM

Hi, if you have 8 in the GUI, good parameters
Checking
rpi always on the right
red line on the wire always on the right too
if all is ok check the boards, begin with the bottom

change gui for one board  and only the first board at the bottom connected
if ok then change gui to 2 boards and connect the second board to the first (only the second, no connection 2 ==> 3)
if ok then change gui to 3 boards and connect the third board to the second, then check
Do that for the 8 boards so you can identify the board which fail

hope that helps

running 0705 firmware - going to try flashing the 0719 today, and testing out boards individually. (Its set for 8 right now since i got the 1.2TH pack)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
btcgarden_miner (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

Sorry to keep you guys waiting on sale of our miner.
Miners will start available on Thursday, and should be able to ship all orders on Friday. Wink
Website will start accept orders on Wednesday.

Thank you everyone for your trusting and supporting. BTCGarden appreciate it.
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:00:27 PM

Sorry to keep you guys waiting on sale of our miner.
Miners will start available on Thursday, and should be able to ship all orders on Friday. Wink
Website will start accept orders on Wednesday.

Thank you everyone for your trusting and supporting. BTCGarden appreciate it.

Hopefully a price drop!
xtoff

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

+1
firehash

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:17:50 PM

+1
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:11:16 PM

Yes.  Price drop would be nice.  Would allow me to buy 1 more miner.  See you on Wed.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

Can someone host the RPI images stateside or on mega possibly dropbox?
They are such a pain to try and DL from Biadu.  It always messes up.  I want to get the latest and finish my review but it keeps failing to DL.

nate3265

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:42:32 PM

What is with the 2 pin connectors? Do I need an adapter to hook this thing up to my power supply? or does it just run off the 6 pin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: