Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btcgarden-AM-v1 down to $0.53/GHs. In stock for international selling!  (Read 162650 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:11:47 PM

Oops, I am having problems with this unit, after reverting the fans it start hashing and when reach aprox. 542 Ghs the power supply stops.
I decide to place the fans the way was before and place the unit with the fans facing back where the room exhaust is, same thing, it reached 542 Ghs and the power supply stops.
I have a 600 W power supply around here so I connected the CX750M to the first 2 boards and the BXP600 to the 2 boards below, the power supply on the first 2 keep running but the BXP600 on the 2 below stopped. Looks like there is a problem in the 2 boards below.
I have to continue with this tomorrow, is late and have to rest.
At this moment reconfigured for 2 boards only (2 below disconnected) and it shows;

Try and test each board individually until you find the faulty board. Your CX750M will run a 4 board BTCGarden miner without any issues. I wouldn't doubt if the BXP600 PSU was causing the issues.

Mining for more than 24hours with the first to boards at the top only without issues, half hour ago tried the four boards and the same happened, when GHS reach more than ~520 it start slowing down and the CX750M stopped.
every time that happen have to disconnect the CX750M from the power for a few second to be able to power on again.
Disconnected the 2 upper boards from the power and using only the 2 at the bottom is hashing now for 15 minutes without any problem.
Don't know what the issue is with this unit, does not work with the 4 boards.
Could be that is drawing more power than 750w?

You need to test each board by itself until you find the bad board...change the Board Nums to 1 and test BOTH of the blades alone(from the suspected bad pair) so you can pinpoint the bad board. Once you find the bad board, try setting up your miner config for 3 Board Nums and run that way.

I am running an AM-v1x2 on a Corsair CX-750M without issues.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smesterj

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:25:08 AM

Oops, I am having problems with this unit, after reverting the fans it start hashing and when reach aprox. 542 Ghs the power supply stops.
I decide to place the fans the way was before and place the unit with the fans facing back where the room exhaust is, same thing, it reached 542 Ghs and the power supply stops.
I have a 600 W power supply around here so I connected the CX750M to the first 2 boards and the BXP600 to the 2 boards below, the power supply on the first 2 keep running but the BXP600 on the 2 below stopped. Looks like there is a problem in the 2 boards below.
At this moment reconfigured for 2 boards only (2 below disconnected) and it shows;

Try and test each board individually until you find the faulty board. Your CX750M will run a 4 board BTCGarden miner without any issues. I wouldn't doubt if the BXP600 PSU was causing the issues.

Mining for more than 24hours with the first to boards at the top only without issues, half hour ago tried the four boards and the same happened, when GHS reach more than ~520 it start slowing down and the CX750M stopped.
every time that happen have to disconnect the CX750M from the power for a few second to be able to power on again.
Disconnected the 2 upper boards from the power and using only the 2 at the bottom is hashing now for 15 minutes without any problem.

You need to test each board by itself until you find the bad board...change the Board Nums to 1 and test BOTH of the blades alone(from the suspected bad pair) so you can pinpoint the bad board. Once you find the bad board, try setting up your miner config for 3 Board Nums and run that way.

All boards tested one by one fine. Don't know what to do next except checking the cables that interconnect the boards.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:45:19 AM

All boards tested one by one fine. Don't know what to do next except checking the cables that interconnect the boards.

Yes, check the inter-connect cables on the suspected bad pair...there have been a few reports of bad cables.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
montyfd

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:45:15 PM

Sounds more like the power supply does not handle it. 750 watt is hard on the limit.

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:04:58 PM

Sounds more like the power supply does not handle it. 750 watt is hard on the limit.

I agree. You can test 3 blades at once as well, but sounds like you are pushing that particular PSU beyond its limits.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:44:00 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 12:54:26 AM by nwoolls

Is there any new firmware for the BTC Gardens yet?
The last I have it 7-19 and while it is ok it is still buggy.
The API is messed up as well as programs like MultiMiner can find them but they show as idle when they are running fine.

We use Awesomeminer - picks them right up and doesnt seem to have any issues.

While having the support of a single closed-source miner is cool, I'd love to support them in MultiMiner and MobileMiner as well. They use the documented CGMiner RPC API and the BTC Garden ASICs are the first to have any issue. I've already contacted the manufactures with no luck.

If there's anything you can do to help that would be great. Again I'd love to support them in my apps. You can PM me or email me at nwoolls @ gmail

Hello, I have looked into this further and the issue is that BTC Gardens ASICs reply to the DEVS RPC API call with the following:

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ echo -n "devs" | netcat W.X.Y.Z 4028
STATUS=E,When=1410482156,Code=10,Msg=No ,Description=cgminer 4.3.3|

The Code=10 above means that the BTC Gardens fork of CGMiner is returning No Devices when asked:

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/api.c#L314

Until / unless this is fixed, BTC Gardens ASICs will continue to have issues with any monitoring systems that use the DEVS RPC API call.

Write-up: https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#btc-gardens

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
smesterj

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:24:12 AM

I agree. You can test 3 blades at once as well, but sounds like you are pushing that particular PSU beyond its limits.

I let it working last night on 3 boards, and monitored the BTCGuild website until approx.. 10:30am when I had to travel, when arriving now found that is completely off and BTCGuild shows that it stopped around 12:00pm, it works on 3 boards for almost 14 hours and suddenly stopped, see below:

I received a new CX750M and will try using both, one for each pair of boards, if it works for the next 24 hours without issues means this units does not consume what is advertised but a lot more. If it keeps doing the same will like to know if there is any return policy.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:17:23 AM

btcgarden_miner if you see this can you see if you can work with Nwoolls so we can have more tools with which to monitor and use your miners??
The last firmware was nice add this in it will be even better.
Thanks again for the work on this Nate.

Is there any new firmware for the BTC Gardens yet?
The last I have it 7-19 and while it is ok it is still buggy.
The API is messed up as well as programs like MultiMiner can find them but they show as idle when they are running fine.

We use Awesomeminer - picks them right up and doesnt seem to have any issues.

While having the support of a single closed-source miner is cool, I'd love to support them in MultiMiner and MobileMiner as well. They use the documented CGMiner RPC API and the BTC Garden ASICs are the first to have any issue. I've already contacted the manufactures with no luck.

If there's anything you can do to help that would be great. Again I'd love to support them in my apps. You can PM me or email me at nwoolls @ gmail

Hello, I have looked into this further and the issue is that BTC Gardens ASICs reply to the DEVS RPC API call with the following:

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ echo -n "devs" | netcat W.X.Y.Z 4028
STATUS=E,When=1410482156,Code=10,Msg=No ,Description=cgminer 4.3.3|

The Code=10 above means that the BTC Gardens fork of CGMiner is returning No Devices when asked:

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/api.c#L314

Until / unless this is fixed, BTC Gardens ASICs will continue to have issues with any monitoring systems that use the DEVS RPC API call.

Write-up: https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#btc-gardens

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:41:10 AM

I let it working last night on 3 boards, and monitored the BTCGuild website until approx.. 10:30am when I had to travel, when arriving now found that is completely off and BTCGuild shows that it stopped around 12:00pm, it works on 3 boards for almost 14 hours and suddenly stopped, see below:

I received a new CX750M and will try using both, one for each pair of boards, if it works for the next 24 hours without issues means this units does not consume what is advertised but a lot more. If it keeps doing the same will like to know if there is any return policy.

could be a PSU issue - 3 boards should only require ~520W, which is about 70% of what the PSU should handle. The fact it cant handle 4 boards isnt surprising though.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
smesterj

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:35:15 PM

Well, is been working steady for almost 24 hours, so this AM-V1X2 does not use 640W as advertised the only way it works is with 2 CX750M one for each 2 boards, unless there is an issue making drag more power than it real use. One of the CX750M is new, only used on this device and the other one was powering 2 S3 for 2 month without issues.
I don't see any other information on the forum other than CX750M can power the 4 board as mstrongbow posted.
If there is no other way I don't mine, but one should know before buying in order to not waist all this time and money and buy the right PSU.

Also all the boards get very hot, I can cook eggs on it. Smiley

This high power usage is something that can be fixed or is just the way it is?

I am asking because in other miners I was able to low the temperature a couple of degrees cleaning the factory thermal paste and applying it correctly and I guess the power too because the PSUs got less hot.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:04:08 AM

Well, is been working steady for almost 24 hours, so this AM-V1X2 does not use 640W as advertised the only way it works is with 2 CX750M one for each 2 boards, unless there is an issue making drag more power than it real use. One of the CX750M is new, only used on this device and the other one was powering 2 S3 for 2 month without issues.
I don't see any other information on the forum other than CX750M can power the 4 board as mstrongbow posted.
If there is no other way I don't mine, but one should know before buying in order to not waist all this time and money and buy the right PSU.

Also all the boards get very hot, I can cook eggs on it. Smiley

This high power usage is something that can be fixed or is just the way it is?

I am asking because in other miners I was able to low the temperature a couple of degrees cleaning the factory thermal paste and applying it correctly and I guess the power too because the PSUs got less hot.

Strange man...I have an AM-v1x2 running on my CX750M and I have 3x AM-v1 running on a single RX-1000AE PSU, never an issue. I'd suspect either A) your PSU/s are failing or B) your AM-v1x2 board/s are faulty.

How are you turning the PSU's on? Jumper wire? Paperclip?

*Got LootCrate?*
smesterj

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:36:55 AM

Paperclip.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:35:43 AM

Paperclip.

Neither of the 2x CX-750M's will power your AM-v1x2 without issues? You've checked each board individually?
It would be hard pressed for 2 identical PSU's causing these headaches...I am really beginning to suspect a faulty board on your miner

*Got LootCrate?*
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:02:43 AM

Haven't posted in a while but I said I would let you guys know how it went hooking up 2 AM-V2's to a single 1300 watt EVGA Platinum PSU.
It went sort of like sliding a stick of butter down an oiled ramp, as in Smooth as silk.
Nary a problem. Only difficulty I had in hooking up the miners was I didn't have a cable to connect the two of them to use a single pi. So I improvised and rewired the connector meant for the pi (only had to move 2 wires) and voila hashing away at 1238 GHs. These machines continue to impress me with their reliability, and lets not forget the quietest miners in the class. (Thanks for that BTCGarden, my wife made me get rid of my GAW Falcon because it was too noisy).
Stopped in to check what was happening and to see if there was a new pi image out.
Happy hashing all.  Smiley
smesterj

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Paperclip.

Neither of the 2x CX-750M's will power your AM-v1x2 without issues? You've checked each board individually?
It would be hard pressed for 2 identical PSU's causing these headaches...I am really beginning to suspect a faulty board on your miner
How I can know, show you the results of each board working alone 156MGHS steady, looks like the boards are good.
smesterj

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:44:32 PM

Problem solved, it was a temperature issue on the PSU. The fan on the PSU was not able to "push" enough air out to the exhaust chamber and hot air was returning back through both the PSU and the AM-V1 that is why got so hot. I place it apart from the exhaust and both are working cool.
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:24:13 AM

Need a more efficient miner with lower power and cheaper, can hardly ROI anymore..

btcgarden_miner (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:39:04 AM

Latest price update:
$350 for 1 miner (4 boards) with 1 Rpi. 620GH/s. $0.56/GHs. 648W.
$640 for 2 miners (8 boards) with 1 Rpi. 1.2TH/s+. $0.53/GHs. 1296W.
bigtugg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:30:14 PM

Haven't posted in a while but I said I would let you guys know how it went hooking up 2 AM-V2's to a single 1300 watt EVGA Platinum PSU.
It went sort of like sliding a stick of butter down an oiled ramp, as in Smooth as silk.
Nary a problem. Only difficulty I had in hooking up the miners was I didn't have a cable to connect the two of them to use a single pi. So I improvised and rewired the connector meant for the pi (only had to move 2 wires) and voila hashing away at 1238 GHs. These machines continue to impress me with their reliability, and lets not forget the quietest miners in the class. (Thanks for that BTCGarden, my wife made me get rid of my GAW Falcon because it was too noisy).
Stopped in to check what was happening and to see if there was a new pi image out.
Happy hashing all.  Smiley

did you use 6 red cables and 2 black for this setup?
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

I started mining your equipment back in July.
I have to give you credit for having the most stable and consistent hardware I've ever operated.

One of the most taxing and frustrating part of mining is when miners stop hashing.
I have 3 mining locations (soon to be 4) so outages can be pretty costly.

Thank you for putting reliable equipment out on the market.
Much appreciated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: