Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread  (Read 50213 times)
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:16:38 PM

When will people learn that privacy doesn't attract criminals?
The criminals are already out there, they will do the bad things no matter if they have privacy or not.
Privacy is a human right and if we would have more privacy I believe the world would be a better place.

Yes, but altcoins are grest opportunity for criminals to hide their operations(in compare with fiat money)...

Do you realise that altcoins are one of the worst opportunities for criminals to hide their operations.

I cba to explain but I'll start with;

Terrible Liquidity
Insane Volatility
Incredibly Manipulated

Exactly, altcoins can go up or down 50%+ in a few hours alone. No criminal(unless extremely stupid/foolish) would put their stolen money etc etc, into altcoins.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:19:26 AM

A 54 btc buy wall was put up @ 460 on Poloniex.  A half hour ago when it got down to ~37 btc it was sold into in one bite, and more down to 432.  Price now is still 460.
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:23:31 AM

Is this the Monero Wall Observer Thread? Cheesy

A 19 btc/ 4325 XMR wall @450 has just recently been placed.  I imagine that this one like the last 54 btc wall @460 a few hours ago is real and not used as a pump.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:35:38 AM

BCX stated that he talked with Cryptsy and it will be added as soon as they figure out how.
Expect a large price increase when this happens.

Expect a price erosion when this happens. Everybody knows what it means when a coin is listed on Craptsy. Its crowded with big pocket pimps playing the PnD game the whole long day. They dont give a shit about any long term prospects. Its no wonder that its the last exchange to add XMR. they dont have any capable coders to add a non BTC-clone coin, only pimps.

It doesn't matter, Poloniex already capture the largest volume and cryptsy wont do a bigger 'damage' than mintpal already did.
btw i doubt cryptsy will add only XMR, expect BBR, QCN, BCN and others...

I'd second this sentiment, Cryptsy will get little volume in my opinion as Polo has become the go to place for XMR trading. The market is also more mature and there are much bigger players involved. Mintpal was an obvious pump and dump as seen by the amount of BTC pledged to add it.
Wikstr80

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:18:26 PM

The criminals are already out there, they will do the bad things no matter if they have privacy or not.
Privacy is a human right and if we would have more privacy I believe the world would be a better place.

Yes, but altcoins are grest opportunity for criminals to hide their operations(in compare with fiat money)...

Do you realise that altcoins are one of the worst opportunities for criminals to hide their operations.

Terrible Liquidity
Insane Volatility
Incredibly Manipulated

But btc is stable enough...
Also, you can sell your btc without problems
In case organization(or peson) send fiat money to another organization.... banks and goverment structures are able to see it. So it is much more safety for criminals to use altcoins... they can buy drugs, weapon etc.. 
dreamspark

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:24:37 PM

Terrible Liquidity
Insane Volatility
Incredibly Manipulated

But btc is stable enough...
Also, you can sell your btc without problems
In case organization(or peson) send fiat money to another organization.... banks and goverment structures are able to see it. So it is much more safety for criminals to use altcoins... they can buy drugs, weapon etc.. 

Whats btc's stability got to do with alts? Alts are insanely volatile.

This takes it back to the terrible liquidity point. Any criminal worth caring about will be using money in orders of magnitude more than the liquidity provided by any altcoin.

As a test, name me one altcoin that me as Mr Montana could accept for payment of my latest shipment then turn around and within a day or so sell the coin for the price I quoted. (that means no price movement and a large amount of liquidity at market price)
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

A 19 btc/ 4325 XMR wall @450 has just recently been placed.  I imagine that this one like the last 54 btc wall @460 a few hours ago is real and not used as a pump.

In what exchange did you see the wall, I noticed a 15btc on Poloniex but maybe I came too late.
donotsow

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:45:34 PM

lol i think you can trust all the same. no exchange wil try to scam you since that would be just bad advertisement. No lock that cant be broken exist on Earth, so all exchanges can also be hacked. But if you wil think only of this you will not get nowhere. Just pick exchange, and buy. put on your wallet and forget about it for a year or 2.

BTW, i never saw on Poloniex anywhere close to 500 BTC offered to buy XMR as are now. 200 BTC was for over 0.0039.

Ok, i think that I will use Poloniex and hitbtc. Do you happen to know any exchanges with better terms than Poloniex and hitbtc?

I've been trading on Poloniex for a couple of months and i'm going to continue using this exchange.
But I know that there are 0% fees for xmr orders on hitbtc, must try to use it as well.

openyourmind

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Yeah, every altcoin is insanely volatile and maybe (just maybe) Monero is the most volatile. So if you want to talk about stability and bitcoin exchange you should don't forget about others altcoin like Bytecoin which is volatile too but using the Bytecoin will give you a real picture of how you can transfer your altcoin into Bitcoin.
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:50:32 PM

In what exchange did you see the wall, I noticed a 15btc on Poloniex but maybe I came too late.

Yes Poloniex.  I assume he 19 btc wall was eaten while I slept and there is presently 10 btc/2263 XMR @ 465.

dreamspark

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:51:47 PM

Yeah, every altcoin is insanely volatile and maybe (just maybe) Monero is the most volatile. So if you want to talk about stability and bitcoin exchange you should don't forget about others altcoin like Bytecoin which is volatile too but using the Bytecoin will give you a real picture of how you can transfer your altcoin into Bitcoin.

Thats one of the most incoherent replies Ive ever seen. I cant tell whether your shilling for bytecoin or actually answering my point, care to rephrase?
Rinndaranaur

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

But I know that there are 0% fees for xmr orders on hitbtc, must try to use it as well.
Yeah, I saw that zero fees pools too! And I'm not sure that zero fees are good for the Monero economy.
openyourmind

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

Thats one of the most incoherent replies Ive ever seen. I cant tell whether your shilling for bytecoin or actually answering my point, care to rephrase?
I'm sorry if I mislead you and I don't want to look like a Bytecoin bot but I want to say that if we are talking about stability we should judge impartially. That is why I suggest you to use other altcoins (especially BCN) for drawing a true picture of how we can exchange altcoins to BTC. That is what I was talking about. 
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:25:30 PM

Yeah, I saw that zero fees pools too! And I'm not sure that zero fees are good for the Monero economy.

These are fees on the hitbtc exchange website. It has nothing to do with a pool. It has nothing to do with Monero economy.
You must be in the TOP-3 of the worse FUD spreaders ever.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:28:17 PM

I'm sorry if I mislead you and I don't want to look like a Bytecoin bot but I want to say that if we are talking about stability we should judge impartially. That is why I suggest you to use other altcoins (especially BCN) for drawing a true picture of how we can exchange altcoins to BTC. That is what I was talking about. 

The BCN daily volume across all exchanges is 4 BTC: http://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC
So, no. Nice try, but just no.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
dreamspark

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

I appreciate the effort but unfortunately I think most criminals will need more than $2100 of daily volume to qualify as a potential liquidity vehicle for their operations.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:26:16 PM

The BCN daily volume across all exchanges is 4 BTC: http://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC
So, no. Nice try, but just no.

Lol, that's just depressing. Must suck to have BCN.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:49:02 PM

New thread for discussing and/or arranging large off-exchange trades: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716331.0
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

Is Poloniex down? I am not able to connect with Google chrome or IE.
dreamspark

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:06:37 PM

Is Poloniex down? I am not able to connect with Google chrome or IE.

Im connected fine using firefox, they have been migrating domain names or something similar, check their twitter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: