Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283059 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:43:45 AM

I don't run the multipool. He's been reliable for months. It's the holidays. Calm down
Then the post was not for you.
The holiday was 4 days ago and payouts have not been daily since Dec 18. Mining pools are a 24/7/365 business. Where did he go, West Africa, somewhere without Internet? 10% of the blocks are being orphaned, don't know if that's normal or not but sure would be nice not to lose that hash effort if there is a solution. Months ago there were big claims of automation. At one point the website accurately stated the payout schedule, then it was changed back to daily when that is not the case.

Sooo sorry for my RL getting in the way.  My third son was just born on the 22nd, AND it is the holidays.   As I've said in the past, if you want the pool to have a backup person(s), you find, vet, and pay them. I am doing this on a volunteer basis, and I do have other things going on in my life besides crypto.
The problem isn't your RL "getting in the way." The problem is your handling of the situation. And are you not making a profit from the pool? If you're making a profit you are NOT a volunteer. If you're not taking any fees than I suggest you start.

If you're the only one running your business then you should at the very least:
a) Remove the lies and misinformation from your website which have been there for months. If you can't always process payments daily, then don't claim that you will. You changed the wording before, I am not sure why you changed it back other than intentional deception. If you're going to keep the wording then live up to it. Every day. Without exception.
b) If you know you're going to be gone or away, at the very least a public notification is in order. It takes 2 minutes to make a post here or put a notice at the top of your pool stats page. Just say you're going to be gone and when you'll be back. We have no idea if you're just away for a few days or if you got hit by a beer truck and are no longer be with us or if your server got hacked and all of our earnings are gone.

Neither of these things are unreasonable, and IMHO are the bare minimums for reasonable customer service.

Thank you.
I am not making a profit from the pool, as there are no fees taken out of the payouts. 

And as for being away, I don't know if you have kids or not, but being able to predict when my wife was going to go into labor to post up a message saying that I'll be way, sorry but my crystal ball is broken right now. 

Just so you have an idea of how little time I've had to do ANYTHING in the past week... NONE of the gifts I gave to family and friends were wrapped.
Well, when my wife gave birth 3 weeks ago (also with no advanced notice) I somehow managed to send emails and let my workplace know I would be out for a few days. It only took a few minutes and there was plenty of downtime at the hospital and when we got home. Our hospital had wifi and I was able to post photos and keep the family up to date. I assume you did too, so I'm sorry I can't buy that you didn't have the ability and 2 minutes to make a quick post on here. Now wrapping presents I can understand, as that's not so quick and easy to do from anywhere.

I do suggest you start taking fees, I assumed you have been. You are certainly entitled to it and deserve it. Thank you for your work.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:48:24 AM

so I'm sorry I can't buy that you didn't have the ability and 2 minutes to make a quick post on here.

if his wife just had a baby i'd say he has full right to forget about this forum/cryptos for as long as he so chooses  Kiss
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

I don't run the multipool. He's been reliable for months. It's the holidays. Calm down
Then the post was not for you.
The holiday was 4 days ago and payouts have not been daily since Dec 18. Mining pools are a 24/7/365 business. Where did he go, West Africa, somewhere without Internet? 10% of the blocks are being orphaned, don't know if that's normal or not but sure would be nice not to lose that hash effort if there is a solution. Months ago there were big claims of automation. At one point the website accurately stated the payout schedule, then it was changed back to daily when that is not the case.

Sooo sorry for my RL getting in the way.  My third son was just born on the 22nd, AND it is the holidays.   As I've said in the past, if you want the pool to have a backup person(s), you find, vet, and pay them. I am doing this on a volunteer basis, and I do have other things going on in my life besides crypto.

Congrats on number 3 Smiley

As a bonus, price of BALLS has dropped significantly today, so should be an awesome payout for everyone Smiley
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:56:37 PM

New client is available for testing. As always, back up your wallet.dat file before loading

This is an optional GUI upgrade. If you are happy with what you currently have or are running a daemon, there is no need to update

Some things work, some are still disabled, and some are giving hints to what is still to come in the final version of this client. It has been deemed stable for public testing. Although not yet fully activated, you shouldn't find any major bugs in this pre-release. Please post if you find any issues

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:14:02 PM

New client is available for testing. As always, back up your wallet.dat file before loading

This is an optional GUI upgrade. If you are happy with what you currently have or are running a daemon, there is no need to update

Some things work, some are still disabled, and some are giving hints to what is still to come in the final version of this client. It has been deemed stable for public testing. Although not yet fully activated, you shouldn't find any major bugs in this pre-release. Please post if you find any issues

The new wallet looks good and I have it open and staking.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:26:26 PM

The new wallet looks good and I have it open and staking.

Excellent! Thanks

ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

Cool Wallet nice work
jaypete

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:33:21 PM

good surprise is amazing best wallet by far
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 09:08:51 PM

Thanks everyone, hope you are pleased. This is just the test version that is deemed stable. It's still not the final one

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

If you're unsure whether you want to update or not, here's what the new one looks like

Again, either client will continue to work as long as it's 1.0.8

MMXIV (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

OP Updated

Introducing...The Snowball
The Snowball is the first unit of its kind. Not only is this a live, hardware wallet, but depositing coins to the addresses in this device will ensure your coins are always ready to stake on a stable, secure storage of wealth. Not only will this unit run nonstop, but now there are no more worries about forgetting to open your client or leaving a dedicated staking computer running at all times. Powered by nearly the small footprint of a cell phone charger, The Snowball aims to provide the first, and most energy efficient, staking hardware available on the market

The Maieutice Snowball runs on a very low energy operating system with extremely efficient hardware featuring a simple, straight-forward setup that we are able to provide at an affordable price. The best thing about this unit is that you only need 1 or 2 of them; it is not a large investment for an extra layer of security and peace of mind that your funds are safe and accounted for

Sorry for using this picture, but I couldn't have possibly even created a better one...

The Yeti

First there was the Snowball
Maieuticoin and Snowballs were the first coins to produce a mass market, easy to scale, standalone staking wallet. These units proved to us there was an interest in hardware and we aim to continue innovating in any way we can. The Yeti is the next step in our evolution of devices. Not only is this device perfect for someone who wants to keep their actions their own, but it also helps to add yet another layer of security between your money and any external threats when used as a complete system with our staking hardware

Now there is the Yeti
The Yeti aims to decrease visibility one step further than most coins do. While your transactions are still easily available in the public ledger, the Yeti adds a layer of interference between your devices and their destination. Instead of trying to provide plausible deniability through the blockchain and transactions, the Yeti instead provides a wireless network that processes all information and traffic through the Tor network. When used together with the Snowball staking hardware, these two handy, easy to afford devices, provide two additional layers of security between your wealth and anyone who has malicious intent

Who is this good for?
If you want to browse anonymously on a netbook, tablet, phone, or other mobile or console device that cannot run Tor and does not have an Ethernet connection. If you do not want to or cannot install Tor on your work laptop or loan computer

What is Tor?
Tor is an onion routing service - every internet packet goes through 3 layers of relays before going to your destination. This makes it much harder for the server you are accessing (or anyone snooping on your Internet use) to figure out who you are and where you are coming from. It is an excellent way to allow people who are blocked from accessing websites to get around those restrictions

What exactly does it do?
The Yeti is connected to your modem or router via ethernet and creates a wireless network that can be used to push all traffic from connected devices through Tor. This includes mobile devices, tablets, phones, desktops, laptops, or any other device that is enabled for wireless, as well as our standalone staking hardware devices. The Yeti creates a new wireless access point and does not interfere with any current or future wireless networks. You can run the Yeti and your current wireless setup simultaneously

Pricing and availability
These units will not be pre-orders like the first round of Snowballs were. We have been keeping this quiet for a while, but it is almost ready to go. Just a little more testing and user friendly features to add. We plan to open sales to both domestic and international customers simultaneously this round with no limit to the number of units that can be purchased per address. More unit specifications will be available when we start taking orders

Design subject to change. The wireless antenna is not pictured above

When Yeti testing is complete and sales open...
Payments will be accepted only in Snowballs (BALLS)

No ETA as of this post, but it will be soon

Maieuticoin Social Links

• Pure Proof of Stake
  • 24 Hour Maturity
  • 2 Minute Blocks
  • 50% Yearly
  • 30 Day Max

Definition  
Maieutics is a pedagogical method based on the idea that truth is latent in the mind of every human being due to innate reason but has to be "given birth" by answering intelligently proposed questions (or problems)

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:53:24 PM

Two questions:
1. Does the new client show the total balance accurately? This is all we really want but this continues to be an issue. Is this fixed finally?
2. On the OP under specs, what does 50% yearly mean? As mentioned before and not addressed, this terse description is inadequate.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:00:17 PM

Two questions:
1. Does the new client show the total balance accurately? This is all we really want but this continues to be an issue. Is this fixed finally?
2. On the OP under specs, what does 50% yearly mean? As mentioned before and not addressed, this terse description is inadequate.

I already said I'm not changing that section of the post until there is more to analyze

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:18:16 PM

On the OP under specs, what does 50% yearly mean? As mentioned before and not addressed, this terse description is inadequate.

Actually I believe that should be 2014% yearly, correct?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:44:37 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 02:36:21 AM by iGotSpots

On the OP under specs, what does 50% yearly mean? As mentioned before and not addressed, this terse description is inadequate.

Actually I believe that should be 2014% yearly, correct?

Yes, that one I changed. Also the Trade tab is for Bittrex

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:22:11 AM

does coin control work on the new wallet?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 07:24:48 AM

Two questions:

Yes

It's changed already

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 08:29:13 AM

Hope everyone enjoys the new client and the end of 2014. If you get super fucked up, don't drive

coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:07:40 PM

it seems to me with the new wallet I'm staking quite as much.. am I jumping the gun here or is there something to this?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:24:18 PM

Someone selling every 4 or 5 days 100MMxiv coins I wonder who could that be Wink
Maybe i should buy 1200 coinss so can i do the same  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: