Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 10:19:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283106 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:44:35 PM

I'm starting to think that the new name is a mistake, and here's why:
1. I can't remember how to spell it correctly.
2. I can't say it properly or tell anyone about it because it's difficult to say and I can't tell them how to spell it.

I'd never expect it to ever change again, but please consider this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On another note, what is the status of the next raffle? I know you're waiting to hear from the winner on the last raffle (unless I haven't heard otherwise), but I'm not sure why that should impact further proceedings. We should proceed as if it has been claimed and deal with it in another couple weeks if there's been no claim.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:46:50 PM

2. I can't say it properly or tell anyone about it because it's difficult to say and I can't tell them how to spell it.

I'd never expect it to ever change again, but please consider this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On another note, what is the status of the next raffle? I know you're waiting to hear from the winner on the last raffle (unless I haven't heard otherwise), but I'm not sure why that should impact further proceedings. We should proceed as if it has been claimed and deal with it in another couple weeks if there's been no claim.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/audio.php?file=maieut01&word=maieutic&text=%5Cm%C4%81-%CB%88y%C3%BC-tik%2C%20m%C4%AB-%5C

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

http://www.merriam-webster.com/audio.php?file=maieut01&word=maieutic&text=%5Cm%C4%81-%CB%88y%C3%BC-tik%2C%20m%C4%AB-%5C
Yes, I know. I still can't remember how to say it. And no one knows the word if I say it to them. Using a word that 99.9% of the population doesn't know is not a good marketing decision.
MMXIV (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:57:53 AM

Yes, I know. I still can't remember how to say it. And no one knows the word if I say it to them. Using a word that 99.9% of the population doesn't know is not a good marketing decision.

I don't think we have done one thing you like

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:00:25 AM

That's probably true. Maybe I am too opinionated. But the last comments are the result of my struggles to Google information about the next raffle. I can't be the only one, but maybe I am. Just passing on my experiences.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:02:05 AM

That's probably true. Maybe I am too opinionated. But the last comments are the result of my struggles to Google information about the next raffle. I can't be the only one, but maybe I am. Just passing on my experiences.

I will probably start a new one this week sometime

szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

you hate us Wink

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:37:07 AM

you hate us Wink

I hope not  Sad  We work very, very hard

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:39:55 AM

you hate us Wink

I think he meant the other guy

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:03:33 AM

you hate us Wink

I think he meant the other guy

Yes, but we don't want anyone to hate us!

corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:40:09 AM

I have noted that about 50% of stakes are not accepted

Is it normal ?

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:20:13 PM

I have noted that about 50% of stakes are not accepted

Is it normal ?

I have a few orphans, too. Not many, though

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:06:24 PM

Stop selling into the buys. All they are doing is doubling their money off you by instantly listing it on the other side of the spread

Any of you selling into buys now are just stifling increase and screwing yourself

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:48:56 PM

Stop selling into the buys. All they are doing is doubling their money off you by instantly listing it on the other side of the spread

Any of you selling into buys now are just stifling increase and screwing yourself

I know you insist and believe that everyone who owns M coin monitors this thread and will see your post, and perhaps they will, but the reality is that there are a lot of people who make a good deal of profit in trading these alt coins around. You're never going to convince anyone not to play the spread and price swings if the primary purpose of their holding M coin is to profit it from it (and who isn't here to profit?).

You're not going to get any sustained increase in the price by convincing or even just asking people not to sell. You won't be able to artificially inflate the price by getting sellers to whithhold sell orders for a little while. You can't just get rid of the sell orders, you have to give someone a reason to pay 2x, 3x, or 4x current prices for an M coin. You have to expect that every time there is a surge in price you will have a surge of sell activity as holders lock in profits. To increase price you have to increase demand for M coin organically. Give people a reason to buy, own, or hold M coin.  If all you can do with it is participate in an ocassional raffle then it isn't good for anything except playing the margins and price swings on Bittrex, and that's what people are doing.

Much of Bitcoin's value comes from being able to spend it in quite a few places. Are you working on any merchant acceptance for M coin?

Don't get me wrong, I want the value to go up as much as anyone else. But we all have to be realistic about what drives prices and markets.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:59:19 PM

I know you insist and believe that everyone who owns M coin monitors this thread and will see your post, and perhaps they will, but the reality is that there are a lot of people who make a good deal of profit in trading these alt coins around. You're never going to convince anyone not to play the spread and price swings if the primary purpose of their holding M coin is to profit it from it (and who isn't here to profit?).

You're not going to get any sustained increase in the price by convincing or even just asking people not to sell. You won't be able to artificially inflate the price by getting sellers to whithhold sell orders for a little while. You can't just get rid of the sell orders, you have to give someone a reason to pay 2x, 3x, or 4x current prices for an M coin. You have to expect that every time there is a surge in price you will have a surge of sell activity as holders lock in profits. To increase price you have to increase demand for M coin organically. Give people a reason to buy, own, or hold M coin.  If all you can do with it is participate in an ocassional raffle then it isn't good for anything except playing the margins and price swings on Bittrex, and that's what people are doing.

Much of Bitcoin's value comes from being able to spend it in quite a few places. Are you working on any merchant acceptance for M coin?

Don't get me wrong, I want the value to go up as much as anyone else. But we all have to be realistic about what drives prices and markets.

You're right. It's much better if they see a long term supporter criticizing every decision (publicly, rather than on IRC where we can discuss the issue) we make as the first reply   Roll Eyes

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:03:52 PM

Not all of us can sit in and monitor a chat room all day. And I don't understand the difference of discussing it there vs discussing it here, I think we can get wider participation here. Please feel free to disagree with my posts. I hope my ideas are taken constructively as I am a supporter of this coin and I want it to succeed. If you have ideas about how to improve the price and what the plans are that would be a great discussion. Take advantage of me, you're getting free advice from an MBA.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:19:29 PM

Not all of us can sit in and monitor a chat room all day. And I don't understand the difference of discussing it there vs discussing it here, I think we can get wider participation here. Please feel free to disagree with my posts. I hope my ideas are taken constructively as I am a supporter of this coin and I want it to succeed. If you have ideas about how to improve the price and what the plans are that would be a great discussion. Take advantage of me, you're getting free advice from an MBA.

You don't have to monitor anything. It keeps a log of all the messages

Not everything is ready to be posted and viewed by the public. There are a couple things we are working on that we only talk about in IRC (with previews) until we feel they are ready to be posted. We don't post promises, or what we are working on. We just post when we feel things are ready to be opened up to the public and we are confident enough it won't harm anyone with outages until the later phases of testing

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:41:48 PM

Not everything is ready to be posted and viewed by the public. There are a couple things we are working on that we only talk about in IRC (with previews) until we feel they are ready to be posted. We don't post promises, or what we are working on. We just post when we feel things are ready to be opened up to the public and we are confident enough it won't harm anyone with outages until the later phases of testing
I don't get it. Isn't the chat room public? Same as the forum? You can talk about things in one public place but not another? I'm not saying specifics need to be discussed, general strategies would be perfectly fine. For example you could say you were working with a retailer to get them to take M coin which would be good news for us users but would not convey any promises or divulge any secrets.

I guess I'm too dumb to use your 20 year old chat room. I log in and there doesn't appear to be anyone there, no one is saying anything in the minute or two I was there. You can't even see if other users are there. And there's no way to view logs (I clicked on everything on the screen). The only thing I saw was a way to change how the chat room looked. And I don't have time for live chat so it really doesn't work for me, sorry.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:43:47 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 12:38:20 AM by MMXIV

I don't get it. Isn't the chat room public? Same as the forum? You can talk about things in one public place but not another? I'm not saying specifics need to be discussed, general strategies would be perfectly fine. For example you could say you were working with a retailer to get them to take M coin which would be good news for us users but would not convey any promises or divulge any secrets.

I guess I'm too dumb to use your 20 year old chat room. I log in and there doesn't appear to be anyone there, no one is saying anything in the minute or two I was there. You can't even see if other users are there. And there's no way to view logs (I clicked on everything on the screen). The only thing I saw was a way to change how the chat room looked. And I don't have time for live chat so it really doesn't work for me, sorry.

There's at least 15 people in the IRC at all times, but it's fine. Let us know your suggestions here, then. If you only think we are doing everything wrong, but don't tell us how to improve it, nothing will be able to change

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:09:37 AM

You're not going to get any sustained increase in the price by convincing or even just asking people not to sell. You won't be able to artificially inflate the price by getting sellers to whithhold sell orders for a little while. You can't just get rid of the sell orders, you have to give someone a reason to pay 2x, 3x, or 4x current prices for an M coin. You have to expect that every time there is a surge in price you will have a surge of sell activity as holders lock in profits. To increase price you have to increase demand for M coin organically. Give people a reason to buy, own, or hold M coin.  If all you can do with it is participate in an ocassional raffle then it isn't good for anything except playing the margins and price swings on Bittrex, and that's what people are doing.

+1 Well said, and I think I said pretty much the same thing a few pages back.  The value of M will remain where it is unless more buy support can be obtained.  BUYERS raise the price, not sellers.  Begging sellers to drop their orders is just that - begging.

People playing the spread is the ONLY market activity happening right now.  The Multipool is executing buys each day, but it's only hurting us, really.  Hell, if I had a truckload of MMXIV I wanted to sell for the best possible price, and I knew each day exactly 0.XX BTC worth of buy orders would be executed at a certain time, I would place exactly 0.XX BTC worth of sells every day and make sure they were at the top of the sell list.  The only reason I'm not is because about 60-80% of the multipool hashrate is mine (most days).

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: