Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:31:05 AM

Anyone betting on LTC to rebounce hard ? It seems we might have hit bottom at 0.017. I dont believe for a second in this coin but what do I know ? The market is stupid enough to value XC and DRK, he may be stupid enough to think litecoin value will surge as usual during a bitcoin bubble.

What does Aminorex' monkey think about that? Does he ever speculate on the idiocy of a market?

what do you know? you seem enough stupid to think LTC the second coin the almost old 3 years coin the most accepted, traded, used and developed coin wont surge !!!!

You misunderstood me : though I think it SHOULDN'T skyrocket because litecoin innovation equals zero, I think it WILL because the market doesnt have all the information about innovations more recent altcoins bring and the market seems to think that a bitcoin bubble makes the price of litecoin boom. If the actors of the market knew about more recent alts, they would never bet on it. To me, betting on litecoin equals betting on the stupidity of the market. But I could be wrong, I'm no pro eh! I'm a newbie:)

The market is stupid enough to value XC and DRK

What "value" does DRK have compared to LTC?

Coins number adjusted, if LTC had 4.3mn coins (same as DRK) it would cost 60-70$. And these, for what? What does LTC offer compared to DRK?

and developed coin

What exactly have they developed?

I think its hard to balance the value of DRK and LTC.... DRK seems to bring the perception of anonymity, but its only a perception. At one point, the market will realise that there are better options out there (MRO). LTC seems to have a bit of an implementation already, also it has the perception of skyrocket during a bitcoin bubble.

In the end, I guess its the same game. Betting on these coins isnt betting on innovation or future adoption as everything they do, there are other coins that do it better. But not everyone knows that. Thus, I would consider it as betting on the lack of information of the market. It would be a pure speculate and short term move.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:39:22 AM

what exactly it doesnt, everything Bitcoin have, Litecoin have first all the time...

Like what?

http://blog.litecoin.org/
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:52:37 AM

I think its hard to balance the value of DRK and LTC.... DRK seems to bring the perception of anonymity, but its only a perception. At one point, the market will realise that there are better options out there (MRO). LTC seems to have a bit of an implementation already, also it has the perception of skyrocket during a bitcoin bubble.

In the end, I guess its the same game. Betting on these coins isnt betting on innovation or future adoption as everything they do, there are other coins that do it better. But not everyone knows that. Thus, I would consider it as betting on the lack of information of the market. It would be a pure speculate and short term move.

I think LTC pump is a possibility but not a certainty. I would be interested to buy it at maximum 0.01 though, to make it a +EV.

Not interested in any of the TOP-3-10 coins.

Is X11 coin doing anything right, or is it a premine pump?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:05:41 AM

i think ltc/btc is very complex and hard to guess what will happen.

but what do you guys think about ltc/usd?

i think its interesting that the 3d macd for ltc/usd has crossed. the ltc and btc charts are very similar, in past ltc was a few weeks behind and followed btc. so if you compare the 3day charts ltc/usd and btc/usd then ltc should go up (if that pattern continues).

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:07:03 AM

It's a PoS/PoW hybrid. PoW coins have already been mined, now it went into PoS mode.

The anonymity method is "unorthodox" as nodes are trusted to forward the money instead of stealing them - which will be a nightmare to enforce.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:16:31 AM

It's a PoS/PoW hybrid. PoW coins have already been mined, now it went into PoS mode.

The anonymity method is "unorthodox" as nodes are trusted to forward the money instead of stealing them - which will be a nightmare to enforce.

Thank you for all the information I needed  Tongue

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:22:43 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 01:35:25 PM by darlidada

I think R0ach knows well the market of XC. Maybe next time he comes here he could share with us some his knowledge!

What do you guys think about Hobonickles and TEKcoin ? They also are a kind of PoS coin but they give respectively a 2% increase of your stake per 10 days and a 40% increase of your stake per 30 days. For instance, with TEK, if you have 5000 coins, after 30 days you'll receive 2000. At the moment 2000 TEK = 1 BTC,  so if you have enough invested you could in theory live off your stake as long as you can sell them. Though I think the % of the reward decreases when there are many new players.

It sounds seducing to some but it works only as long as there are new entrants on the market. To me it sounds like a PONZI. At first, I panicked bought into it, a few days ago I panicked sell when I realized that I had missed the whole PONZI thing. I really wonder what you guys make of these type of coins - are they truly PONZI or am I missing something ?
orinoco

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:50:16 AM

I think R0ach knows well the market of XC. Maybe next time he comes here he could share with us some his knowledge!

What do you guys think about Hobonickles and TEKcoin ? They also are  a kid of PoS coin but they give respectively 2% of your stake per 10 days and 40% of your stake per 30 days. For instance, with TEK, if you have 5000 coins, after 30 days you'll receive 2000. At the moment 2000 TEK = 1 BTC,  so if you have enough invested you could in theory live off your stake as long as you can sell them. Though I think the % of the reward decreases when there are many new players.

It sounds seducing to some but it works only as long as there are new entrants on the market. To me it sounds like a PONZI. At first, I panicked bought into it, a few days ago I panicked sell when I realized that I had missed the whole PONZI thing. I really wonder what you guys make of these type of coins - are they truly PONZI or am I missing something ?

While I don't know much about the particular coins you mention, my opinion is that there has to be an inherent value proposition presented, so that a given coin will maintain its value.  Otherwise it trades on excitement, which wanes, and the price/value goes south, before its left for dead with a bunch of people stuck holding worthless coins.

So yes, there is  an element of ponzi scheme in many (most?) alt-coins - they're designed for the early adopters (IPO buyers, developers, tipped-off miners) to see a huge return at the expense of the eventual holders' wallets.

I think the market will polarise into four broad categories of coin..

1.  Coins which have value due to their ability to operate as currency (i.e. paying for actual goods) (BTC, LTC, DRK/MRO, maybe BC)
2.  Coins which are "shares" in something else which generates value (Noirshares, CAIx spring to mind, probably more) and which may pay a dividend of some variety
3.  Coins which are experimental and develop new features/ideas/communities, and which may form the direct or indirect basis for category 1 or 2 above, or may just never see widespread adoption (BTC is one, Bytecoin BCN, Fedoracoin TiPS springs to mind - implemented coinjoin algo back in Feb, months ahead of the Darkcoin implementation, )
4.  Coins which are basically copies of other successful/fashionable coins and have no inherent value other than goodwill/fashion.

Each of these breaks down further - e.g. I can see a need for several different (competing) feature sets for currency-coins, depending on use-case.

Twitter: Omnipreneur
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:26:27 PM

Anyone betting on LTC to rebounce hard ? It seems we might have hit bottom at 0.017. I dont believe for a second in this coin but what do I know ? The market is stupid enough to value XC and DRK, he may be stupid enough to think litecoin value will surge as usual during a bitcoin bubble.

What does Aminorex' monkey think about that? Does he ever speculate on the idiocy of a market?

Monkey won't talk to me about LTC.  Personally, I think it's a buy here for a trade, but I do not expect it to benefit from a btc pump so nicely as it did last time.  That was a one trick pony, IMHO.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
sartech

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:19:10 PM

at what price  should buy LTC/USD for medium term.? cheers

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

...and then that happened:

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/announcements

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:47:01 PM

I wonder how NSA et al will like that?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:51:13 PM

DRK isn't NSA-proof, yet - and it's quite a task to manage it there.

It might be anonymous for 99.9% of the cases (ie outsiders will not be able to pinpoint individuals and transactions with any degree of certainty) but NSA could probably monitor the money flows if they tried hard enough.

NSA-proofing will require work from all anonymous coins to close the last 0.1%. I believe it's 2015+ stuff.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:22:06 PM

I wonder how NSA et al will like that?

they probably own Bitfinex and DRK - who cares- ?

anyhow ...

got a question- :?

when i release my set of  "crypto launch distribution trading cards"  the only Proof of Scam i think MRO has is the "Tech insider" its a variant of the "Where's windows??" (the release without Win Binaries)

as a scam goes its pretty low in the pack - almost not even a scam , but there could be the relevant card:  "What? this FPGA miner? no that's a botnet !"  

can anyone post the Hash rate ?

only ask because if i can't put more than two scam cards to MRO - its not really a buy is it ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:59:32 PM

Well what do you know, maybe the marked is "stupid" enough to value, some 2-300 other coins, when we look back in 10-20 years from now  Smiley
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:05:47 PM

if this is not a fake wall then we are pretty much at the bottom here.

Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Photoshopped at least.
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:25:41 PM

I think the market will polarise into four broad categories of coin..

1.  Coins which have value due to their ability to operate as currency (i.e. paying for actual goods) (BTC, LTC, DRK/MRO, maybe BC)
2.  Coins which are "shares" in something else which generates value (Noirshares, CAIx spring to mind, probably more) and which may pay a dividend of some variety
3.  Coins which are experimental and develop new features/ideas/communities, and which may form the direct or indirect basis for category 1 or 2 above, or may just never see widespread adoption (BTC is one, Bytecoin BCN, Fedoracoin TiPS springs to mind - implemented coinjoin algo back in Feb, months ahead of the Darkcoin implementation, )
4.  Coins which are basically copies of other successful/fashionable coins and have no inherent value other than goodwill/fashion.

Each of these breaks down further - e.g. I can see a need for several different (competing) feature sets for currency-coins, depending on use-case.

[/quote]

Sound about right.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:27:32 PM

Photoshopped at least.

photoshopped !!! are you that lazy that you cant check BTC-e order book or bitcoinwisdom ?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:29:01 PM

$20,000 hardly makes a bottom. I still have a few LTC as I think the ASIC's coming out may signal more at being the #2 alt.

I'm just wondering which coin will solidly move to #3.

I don't really trust dark due to the instamine thing, but the volume is there.
MRO, due to this thread mostly, is in the back of my mind.
I want to see NXT and Ether and what they end up doing.
I just think most of these alts are going to disappear. A few are hot right now, but which will stay?
VRT, XC...Huh

We are in the gestation stage still of Cryptos. This is probably going to be huge. People coming on board en mass are going to take some little guys up is my bet.
Remember those AOL CD's everywhere? Many of us computer geeks didn't think it made sense, but it ended up getting the masses involved. My point being
the masses will have a say, just as wall st. will.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: