Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:50:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWB] NewbieCoin - new feature: ODII(Open Data Index Identifier based on block  (Read 15672 times)
newb-dev (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:27:53 AM

hi dev, could u give me few coins as trial??
currently to get coin is that burn BTC??

Yes,  BTC is needed to generate newbiecoin currently.

Here is a good news for everybody who like newbiecoin!  Smiley   We are designing a promotion game for trialing the decentralized bet of WorldCup2014 with Newbiecoin.

Details coming soon. Please notice the newest information here. As a suggestion, you'd better install the Newbiecoin wallet and make sure it would be running ok for you to enjoy the coming game .  Wink

great move.
the burning reward is still nice for now.a good chance for newcomers to join.
btw any plan on getting to exchanges(besides offical ones)?

Yes, beside the decentralized exchange function which would be enabled after the POB period , we also having a plan  on getting to exchanges for  buy/selling NEWB on the centralized exchange in the future while newbiecoin get enough attention and support.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:28:42 AM

i will join the coin and the community..

Thanks for your attention!  Smiley
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:44:16 AM

Ill look at it once i am awake!

newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:01:31 PM

Ill look at it once i am awake!

Thanks for your attention!

Just read your post "Chancecoin is my favorite novelty coin and here is why!"( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651540.0)
We agree with your opinions. Chancecoin is a great idea and we like it too.
So we created "Newbiecoin" which is modified from the Chancecoin  open source with new features such as TWIN-POB,POS,and new bet rule.
We had donated a few BTC to Chancecoin team for their great work  and  hope Newbiecoin would grow up with Chancecoin  together.
chancewhale

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:04:06 AM

I just downloaded Newbiecoin and was disappointed to see that the "world cup betting" feature only allows users to bet on two teams: the winner and runner-up of the entire world up tournament. It looks like Newbiecoin is using a centralized feed fed by the developers to settle that bet - I'm not sure I would trust that and call that decentralized. Furthermore, the dice betting on Newbiecoin is reduced to only allowing users to bet on a 50/50 bet. The website newbiecoin.org is also almost exactly the same as chancecoin.com website. Adopting the chancecoin protocol or codebase is one thing, but this is a gross and blatant act of plagiarism in my opinion.

Just my two cents - this whole world cup betting thing is way overblown. XCP has an implementation of world cup betting xbet.io that functions and looks better than what Newbiecoin has in every way, but it had almost no positive effect on XCP valuation and no betting volume. You can't just make a coin with a main feature that works only for two weeks worth of world cup, does it just die after that?
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:17:48 AM

The Cool NewbieCoin Gambling Contest for WorldCup2014 !   Cool

NewbieCoin is one innovative coin, modified from ChanceCoin's open source with new features such as TWIN-POB,POS,and new bet rules such as WorldCup2014. It is new and yet still extremely unknown. We think this wonderful coin should be out in the world! Come in this Gambling Contest and not only have fun while gambing and possibly winning a nice amount of money, but also get to know this novelty coin!

Rules:

Deadline: UTC 2014-06-28 00:00:00 .

How to enter the contest:

Step 1: Download the client: http://newbiecoin.org/participate.html and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Once installed, the client will download all neccesary blocks. This will take a while, DONT PANIC Wink
Step 3: Once you have your client open, click "Wallet" on the top, then you will see your "address" below the title "My balance". It is a normal BTC address in format: "1JMBNL4wEmfz...:"
Step 4: Send some BTC from your existed bitcoin wallet to the new address in Newbiecoin wallet.
Step 5: Wait a while (about 6 BTC blocks), make sure the BTC balance in Newbiecoin wallet. Then you can burn some  BTC to generate Newbiecoin by Newbiecoin wallet.
Step 6: To start betting WorldCup2014, you need keep a few BTC in the newbiecoin wallet balance (~0.0002BTC per bet)
Step 7: In Newbiecoin wallet software, click "WorldCup2014" on the top. You need specify a bet size, a champion team and a second team then click the "Goal" button. Wait a while, your bet would be accepted.

Once you have bet some NEWB successful, post a screenshot in this thread to brag!   Wink

Please don't post your addresses to request the NEWB in this thread. Otherwise this thread might get closed!

What can you win?

After the 28.06.2013 we will determine the three guys that bet the most NEWB.

Grand Prize is 60 NEWB
Second place is 30 NEWB
Third place is 10 NEWB

The prize would be sent to the betting wallet address that win .

If exists the same "Total bet size", the guy who bet earlier would win.(If exist 2 or more bets , use the fisrt bet time).

See the pic below, you can view the bet leaderboard in the Newbiecoin wallet software.

newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:43:03 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 05:03:49 AM by newb-dev

I just downloaded Newbiecoin and was disappointed to see that the "world cup betting" feature only allows users to bet on two teams: the winner and runner-up of the entire world up tournament. It looks like Newbiecoin is using a centralized feed fed by the developers to settle that bet - I'm not sure I would trust that and call that decentralized. Furthermore, the dice betting on Newbiecoin is reduced to only allowing users to bet on a 50/50 bet. The website newbiecoin.org is also almost exactly the same as chancecoin.com website. Adopting the chancecoin protocol or codebase is one thing, but this is a gross and blatant act of plagiarism in my opinion.

Just my two cents - this whole world cup betting thing is way overblown. XCP has an implementation of world cup betting xbet.io that functions and looks better than what Newbiecoin has in every way, but it had almost no positive effect on XCP valuation and no betting volume. You can't just make a coin with a main feature that works only for two weeks worth of world cup, does it just die after that?

Thanks for your attention and doubt!  

Chancecoin is a great work and we like it too. We had donated a few BTC to Chancecoin team for their great work.
As you konw,Chancecoin is open source, java code and use the  MIT License which means as a programer you could deal in the software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software.  We are familiar with java , so we created "Newbiecoin" which is modified from the Chancecoin  open source with new features such as TWIN-POB,POS,and new bet rules.

The dice betting on Newbiecoin is reduced to only allowing users to bet on a 50/50 bet , because we think the bet rule in Chancecoin using NY lottery is a little complex for newbies. Maybe you like complex , but we, newbies, like simple.

In WorldCup Bet of newbiecoin , we only bet the champion and the second . It's simple too.  In fact, the champion and the second is a real trusted result  after the final over. Then a transaction with the real result would be broadcasted to bitcoin network from the house newbiecoin wallet, each wallet could confirm this . If there be a scam or error ,  anyone would found it at once and modify the open source to correct it.  Maybe this not a best solution,  but it is simple and realizable.  In fact , we had a complex solution for full decentralized at first . It's a better design but when we finish it, the worldcup2014 would be over.  Sad   

Maybe Newbiecoin is still looks same to Chancecoin now and you don't like this , but we are insisting to develope new funtions for Newbiecoin which would make it different more and more.
Hope Newbiecoin would grow up with Chancecoin  together.

BTW: Newbiecoin is opensource and use MIT License same to Chancecoin. So anyone who like or unlike it  could modify it to create a new coin.  

gao_fu_shuai

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:23:41 AM

hope more person join in newbiecoin.

^_^

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

Newbiecoin Grin
I'm a newbie too,love this coin's idea.
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:24:47 AM

Newbiecoin Grin

Welcome, we are all newbies to the new world!
^_^

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:51:27 PM

Newbiecoin Grin

Welcome, we are all newbies to the new world!
lol...
Newbiecoin's idea looks great,i have to burn some.
liujin

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:12:44 AM

WOW,i missed chancecoin,may be i can burn some in this.

newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:11:01 AM

We have a good idea which is not implemented by other coins before . We will spent about 2 weeks to finish it. Please follow with interest!

BTW: The POB  for investing  left less then 1 week.  Take a chance ASAP.
^_^

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:42:02 AM

We have a good idea which is not implemented by other coins before . We will spent about 2 weeks to finish it. Please follow with interest!

BTW: The POB  for investing  left less then 1 week.  Take a chance ASAP.
Hoping...... Grin
axsdf

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

it so when you make a transaction, it automatically shows the pending transaction
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:22:07 AM

it so when you make a transaction, it automatically shows the pending transaction

Yes,   the  pending transaction would be confirmed by bitcoin network after a while.
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:20:49 AM

Smiley A good news! We are working on a new feature :   Newbiecoin Decentralized Crowdfunding Platform (NDCP).

Like other crowdfunding platforms such as  Kickstarter, NDCP will serve as a means for users to create projects and pledge funds to others. However, websites like Kickstarter can charge as much as 10% of a project’s total funds, making it harder for projects to successfully raise enough money. In NDCP , there is ZERO charge fee!

NDCP will support newbiecoin transactions and could lead to a reshaping of the peer-to-peer finance visio.

Maybe it will help us find more advanced features and services within the Newbiecoin/Bitcoin hybrid-network.

More details coming soon.
nergpchen

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:45:47 PM

can I burn btc use blockchain.info?

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free DistributionDBdToCmGLxo9c4t4BpgmmH2Z6DpkM6kWBR
newb-dev (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:01:51 AM

can I burn btc use blockchain.info?

As of now, you can burn BTC into NEWB using Newbiecoin wallet or any Bitcoin wallet such as blockchain.info by sending BTC to the burn address.  If you use any Bitcoin wallet software beside Newbiecoin wallet, The input must come from a single Bitcoin address. Be careful. It's very hard to get most wallets to send from a single input, even if you totally expect them to.

Be a suggestion for security, we recommend to use the new BTC address which is generated in Newbiecoin wallet when you first open it. You can send a little BTC from your existed wallet such as blockchain.info to the new address, then you can burn a small amount BTC for Newbiecoin in Newbiecoin wallet.

popman2013

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:30:30 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 11:49:33 PM by popman2013

Smiley A good news! We are working on a new feature :   Newbiecoin Decentralized Crowdfunding Platform (NDCP).

Like other crowdfunding platforms such as  Kickstarter, NDCP will serve as a means for users to create projects and pledge funds to others. However, websites like Kickstarter can charge as much as 10% of a project’s total funds, making it harder for projects to successfully raise enough money. In NDCP , there is ZERO charge fee!

NDCP will support newbiecoin transactions and could lead to a reshaping of the peer-to-peer finance visio.

Maybe it will help us find more advanced features and services within the Newbiecoin/Bitcoin hybrid-network.

More details coming soon.

Uhm, Decentralized Crowdfunding  would be a good idea.  Decentralized crowdfunding allows for more comprehensive vetting processes. In turn, this helps projects prove themselves to possible donors and increase their chances of success.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: