Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308308 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:52:01 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 02:51:36 AM by ManeBjorn

I know many new miners would love a simple GUI like this to be able to run their units on that is Pi based.  I think you have done a great job getting the latest drivers and software on there to facilitate it.
I wish you luck and look forward to it if you can get one to work.
Thanks.  :-)

I can probably create one for Raspi SD card - have never done this before and not quite sure where to upload and share this rather large image. Let me see what I can do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:59:24 PM

I can probably create one for Raspi SD card - have never done this before and not quite sure where to upload and share this rather large image. Let me see what I can do.
Should Hashra be listed in README as a GUI/OS based on BFGMiner?
Let me know where to put it Smiley

vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:02:00 AM

Should Hashra be listed in README as a GUI/OS based on BFGMiner?
Let me know where to put it Smiley

Luke,

Hashra has been using BFGminer 3.x since CONTROLA version 1.2.x I believe, so it's been an official HASHRA mining platform for a while...

Since that time HASHRA has released two separate images - MINI CONTROLA (to mine with 5 chips gridseeds) and BLADE CONTROLA (to mine with 40x2 chips gridseed blades). Both versions are still using BFGminer 3.x. I have only upgraded to BFGminer 4.x to be able to mix above mentioned GridSeeds under one one roof. I'm not affiliated with HASHRA by the way so you guys probably have to figure this out on your own.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:19:14 PM

Question: This may sound super stupid, but I have been checking the docs and I don't see it.

Can BFGMiner or CGMiner issue explicit commands to the miner while running? I'd like to do a ZCX on a BFL Jalapeno while it is running (trying to lower the 1.0 volt voltage while hashing to see what effect it has) and I can't figure it out. Or do I have to use screen in some way I'm not (I can run Windows or PiUnix)

Thanks
C
Betaman2k

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

no Sir. Nothing to see Sir. Keeping calm carrying

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

can i used this cmd line for boths miners ?

-S erupter:all -S rockminer:all
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

Question: This may sound super stupid, but I have been checking the docs and I don't see it.

Can BFGMiner or CGMiner issue explicit commands to the miner while running? I'd like to do a ZCX on a BFL Jalapeno while it is running (trying to lower the 1.0 volt voltage while hashing to see what effect it has) and I can't figure it out. Or do I have to use screen in some way I'm not (I can run Windows or PiUnix)

Thanks
C
There's a hidden RPC option to issue arbitrary commands, but I don't think it can handle multiple line responses, so not sure how it would affect things.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:47:57 PM

Thanks
C
There's a hidden RPC option to issue arbitrary commands, but I don't think it can handle multiple line responses, so not sure how it would affect things.
Ok. Is there a hidden document to use the hidden RPC option, or do I hop into the source code?

Mmmm.... source code. It's written in Fortran/77, right?

C
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

GRID CONTROLA CE (Community Edition) Raspberry Pi image now available for download and testing... I hope I did this right.

https://mega.co.nz/#!5QJkwYyC!-7AJ_qTmcWBmNlS93A1ybQf-oW2CZUZlwYkIUak-yFw

4GB SD card image based on HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA 1.4.6.1 and Luke-Jr BFGMiner 4.2. I have only tested it with 10 GridSeed Minis and 1 Blade. This image has xrdp (Remote Desktop) pre-installed for your convenience so you may want to change credentials if your Raspi is exposed to the public side. HASHRA set credentials below:

Default Username: hashra
Default Password: hashra

Root access:
User: pi
Password: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

Will try to create separate support thread if there is any interest (don't want to spam Luke's).

Vadim  
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Very cool.
MultiMiner is great for windows and Mac but this gives a Pi setup that should help lots of people.
Thanks.

GRID CONTROLA CE (Community Edition) Raspberry Pi image now available for download and testing... I hope I did this right.

https://mega.co.nz/#!5QJkwYyC!-7AJ_qTmcWBmNlS93A1ybQf-oW2CZUZlwYkIUak-yFw

4GB SD card image based on HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA 1.4.6.1 and Luke-Jr BFGMiner 4.2. I have only tested it with 10 GridSeed Minis and 1 Blade. This image has xrdp (Remote Desktop) pre-installed for your convenience so you may want to change credentials if your Raspi is exposed to the public side. HASHRA set credentials below:

Default Username: hashra
Default Password: hashra

Root access:
User: pi
Password: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

Will try to create separate support thread if there is any interest (don't want to spam Luke's).

Vadim  

Betaman2k

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

no Sir. Nothing to see Sir. Keeping calm carrying

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:42:09 PM

whatz up with my question ?

can i used boths miners , with this cmd line ? -S erupter:all -S rockminer:all
svkochjar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:20:53 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 12:55:42 AM by svkochjar

Update: located proper code on another post
Works fine.
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set-device rockminer:clock=290

Happy bfgminer works with R-Box now However I still get HW/errors so I am going back to using cgminer it seems to give me a better hash rate compared to bfgminer, don't know why. Can anyone confirm which is running better with minepeon bfgminer 4.2.0 or cgminer 4.3.3? Thank you

Does anyone get 0 HW/errors R-Box running bfgminer on minepeon?
I do have 0 HW/errors on laptop Windows 7 using bfgminer with 5 antminer u2s

Does HW/errors effect your mining efforts?
fullintegrity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:01:44 AM

have two gridseeds, and want to install on ubuntu, having a heck of a time to get working, any simple instructions for commands to walk me thru from terminal on ubuntu would be GREAT!
Thanks in advance.

BTW- 2 miners on same machine? each usb mounted? ok?

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
svkochjar

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:47:14 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 09:01:44 AM by svkochjar

@fullintegrity
I use Kubuntu on one of my systems and installed as follows

Type in terminal:

sudo apt-get install bfgminer

or you can use your software installer I would think.
once installed just type bfgminer in termanal it should then prompt you for pool url ect.

bfgminer -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=600<------------This is Default change to overclock

try this(what a windows batch file would look like)

Type in terminal
bfgminer -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=600 --no-submit-stale -o your pool address:port number -u your user name  -p your password

Hope this helps
svkochjar

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:27:04 AM

If you need or want cgminer 4.3.3 for RockMiner R-Box for Minepeon

you can goto cur.lv/ai2vg scroll to bottom left side is the file, download all ready compiled just copy to cgminer location

ssh in or login on rasberryPi

from menu exit to shell
type
mv cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer.old  (renames cgminer to cgminer.old does not delete)

cp cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer

you may have to goto directory

cd /opt/minepeon/bin

then take ownership

type

sudo chmod 777 cgminer

reboot

receptr

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:24:46 PM

Raspberry Pi Setup

I have got (2) Rockminer R-BOX's working on the Pi just fine using Luke-Jr's BFGMiner 4.2.0. Also using customized PiMiner with Adafruit's CharPlate LCD.

I am running the latest Raspbian on my sd card.

I have a picture of the sloppy setup, please don't mind it.

http://buffalotechservices.com/images/rm-setup.jpg

I had an issue with bfgminer not detecting my R-BOX's through a USB hub. However connected directly they worked fine. I was using a Anker USB 3.0 hub which apparently it did not like. I found an old Rosewill USB 2.0 hub laying around and hooked it up... it then detected the miners.

Remember to run bfgminer as su, as it also did not detect my R-BOX's as it did not have permission.

I used shell scripts at boot up to auto run the PiMiner and BFGMiner.

I just wanted to share the USB hub issue as it was a pain in the ass.
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:24:12 AM

Raspberry Pi Setup

I have got (2) Rockminer R-BOX's working on the Pi just fine using Luke-Jr's BFGMiner 4.2.0. Also using customized PiMiner with Adafruit's CharPlate LCD.

I had an issue with bfgminer not detecting my R-BOX's through a USB hub. However connected directly they worked fine. I was using a Anker USB 3.0 hub which apparently it did not like. I found an old Rosewill USB 2.0 hub laying around and hooked it up... it then detected the miners.

Remember to run bfgminer as su, as it also did not detect my R-BOX's as it did not have permission.

Rpi is a picky little SOB when it comes to usb hubs.  NO USB3 at all and only specific usb 2.0 hubs are recognized.

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:53:36 AM

I have just put BFGMiner 4.2.0 on my MinePeon setup.  Did you need to do any special compiling to have it detect your R-Box?

Raspberry Pi Setup

receptr

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

I have just put BFGMiner 4.2.0 on my MinePeon setup.  Did you need to do any special compiling to have it detect your R-Box?

Nothing special is needed make sure you compile it correctly and that libusb is installed if you have an issue.

Here is what I use for the command in my shell script to run it. you may not need the api on if your not going to use it.

Code:
bfgminer -o yourhost:yourport -u youruser -p yourpassword -S rockminer:all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --api-listen --api-network --no-submit-stale

With out API.

Code:
bfgminer -o yourhost:yourport -u youruser -p yourpassword -S rockminer:all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --no-submit-stale

Let me know if you have an issue.

I don't use minepeon, i just use raspian. However i will download a copy and test it with the new bfgminer 4.20.
receptr

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:25:48 PM

Rpi is a picky little SOB when it comes to usb hubs.  NO USB3 at all and only specific usb 2.0 hubs are recognized.

I realized that the hard way after some troubleshooting. Then I was like oh, perfect something so simple yet I did not think of it right away. Now for future projects i will not forget about it.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:30:33 PM

Hi, i have compiled BFGMINER from the git, ad work fine, but now i need to delete all unnecessary file to run the program, because my linux work in ram on 128mb board. What files are needed to bfgminer for working?

Thanks in advance W_M
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: