Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kurvanga

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:38:42 AM

How can I fix that? pool does not see any work of course.

Code:

[2014-11-02 11:42:21] HTTP request failed: Protocol "stratum+tcp" not supported or disabled in libcurl

Try updating libcurl (if you're using Linux).  Definitely try:

sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev   libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev hidapi

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

You may also have to rerun ./configure and make again...
His libcurl is fine. No version of libcurl supports stratum+tcp, so this is an ordinary message before it uses its own implementation.

Also, I don't see any actual problems in his log...

Thanks for the reply guys Smiley

Apart from that there is zero activity on the pool from my worker when i'm using BfgMiner Sad same for the bfgminer output. I can post it if needed when i'm at home.

ltc.com is dead...just visited the website and it's just junk...so, probably try multipool.us (anything scrypt also mines doge) or liteguardian.com if you only want to mine litecoin...

Hehe Smiley the poll address is fake just intentionally, ok so I downloaded 4.10 ver for my windows machine and it acts the same when i'm trying to mine with my gpu, bfgminer-3.10.7-win64 works fine with the pool i use  , bfgminer-4.10.0-win64 does not. The same issue is on linux. May it be a pool is incompatible? I am mining there with dmaxl's cgminer but it's not updated anymore.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:33:54 PM

Hehe Smiley the poll address is fake just intentionally, ok so I downloaded 4.10 ver for my windows machine and it acts the same when i'm trying to mine with my gpu, bfgminer-3.10.7-win64 works fine with the pool i use  , bfgminer-4.10.0-win64 does not. The same issue is on linux. May it be a pool is incompatible? I am mining there with dmaxl's cgminer but it's not updated anymore.
Please use http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php to identify the regression.
1. Enter anything random for Session name, click Go.
2. For "Working commit:", put bfgminer-3.10.7
3. For "Broken commit:", put bfgminer-4.10.0
4. Click "Start"
5. Wait for the webserver to build a CUSTOM version of BFGMiner (ignore the version it claims to be when you run it).
6. Download the custom build, and test if it works. Click the relevant button.
7. Go back to step 5 until it gives you a "verdict" on which change is guilty for breaking it.
8. Post the final result here.

Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

Please use http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php to identify the regression.

sh: ./make-release: No such file or directory

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:54:10 PM

sh: ./make-release: No such file or directory
I don't know what you're trying to say. It's expected that some builds throughout this process will fail, and it should automatically move on...

Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:21:48 PM

Creating a new session:
Session name:  Ronald
Working commit:  bfgminer-3.99.0
Broken commit:  bfgminer-4.10.0

[Start]

-----------------------------

On commit c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770
c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770 build failure (http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/wr/c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770.log) - skipping

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:24:24 PM

Creating a new session:
Session name:  Ronald
Working commit:  bfgminer-3.99.0
Broken commit:  bfgminer-4.10.0

[Start]

-----------------------------

On commit c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770
c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770 build failure (http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/wr/c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770.log) - skipping

So wait for the next build...

AJinNYC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

How would I overclock more than one ASIC unit? I'm using MultiMiner, but I believe that just sits on top of BFGMiner as a GUI.

I got 8 Antminer U2s and one CryptoRig Hitchhiker NanoFury. I can overclock the NanoFury without an issue, but when I try to overclock the Antminers, in addition to the NanoFury, I get the same performace out of the Antminers as I do when I don't overclock them. What's the proper syntax to use when trying to target more than one device?

Done with this forum. Goodbye all.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:11:17 PM

How would I overclock more than one ASIC unit? I'm using MultiMiner, but I believe that just sits on top of BFGMiner as a GUI.

I got 8 Antminer U2s and one CryptoRig Hitchhiker NanoFury. I can overclock the NanoFury without an issue, but when I try to overclock the Antminers, in addition to the NanoFury, I get the same performace out of the Antminers as I do when I don't overclock them. What's the proper syntax to use when trying to target more than one device?

e.g.:

Code:
--set amu:clock=x0881 --set nfy:osc6_bits=53

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:39:50 PM

@nwoolls
Could you please update the WR703n firmware to BFGminer4.8. I cannot do it myself, got stuck on the size of the firmware.
Thanks

bfgminer-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v4.10.0-r1-squashfs-factory.bin
bfgminer-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v4.10.0-r1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Sorry for the delay.

Should this image work on TL-MR3020 3G? (Atheros AR9330 rev.1, 4MB flash and 32MB RAM)? Thx.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:54:38 PM

So after a ton of work, multi-blockchain and multi-algo support for BFGMiner is starting to shape up.
I would greatly appreciate if others interested in this field could contribute by testing and/or improving documentation as needed to make usage of new features easily accessible.
"Multipool" operators are asked to review the new stratum extension proposals to ensure they cover all desired use cases and/or help test them.
Front-end developers (or anyone using RPC) likewise are welcome to critique the RPC changes.
If anyone wants to get their favourite proof-of-work algorithm added for 5.0, now is the time to propose your code in a merge/pull request (sorry, I don't have time to write this code myself at the moment, so you'll need to bring-your-own-code).

DRAFT Human readable changelog:
  • Multi-blockchain support: BFGMiner can now be told which pools use the same "mining goals", and will track the blockchain independently for ones that don't. This allows you to mine multiple cryptocurrencies concurrently using any pool strategy (including balance and load-balance).
  • Multi-algorithm support: BFGMiner is now capable of hashing on both scrypt and SHA256d work at the same time, and you can assign the mining algorithm to use on a per-goal basis. As with multi-blockchain support, this works even in balancing strategies. Note that at this time, only CPU, OpenCL, and Proxy drivers actually support multiple algorithms at the same time (DualMiner must be preconfigured for only one, and GridSeed remains scrypt-only).
  • Stratum extensions for mining goals: New experimental methods mining.capabilities and mining.set_goal for Stratum allow you to expose control of the mining algorithm to the pool. These extensions are considered draft and may be changed based on the needs of multiblockchain pool operators.
  • RPC: Also extended for multiple mining goals/algorithms. Interface is subject to change.
  • Titan: Work flushing optimisations from KnCMiner.

The code is in git under the bfgminer branch (and tagged bfgminer-4.99.0).
Windows downloads are available from http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/4.99.0/

damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:57:26 PM

Is supporting neoscrypt in BFGminer's future?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:43:35 AM

Is supporting neoscrypt in BFGminer's future?
If someone contributes the code...

nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:59:32 AM

Regarding mining.capabilities:

The second parameter is an Object with key/value option pairs. Wouldn't this be better (example how to tell about certain mining capability + give some parameters):

mining.capabilities(["notify" : [] , "set_difficulty" : [], "set_multialgo" : []])

In this case, for set_multialgo, we would use parameter list as following:

mining.capabilities(["notify" : [] , "set_difficulty" : [], "set_multialgo" : [ "scrypt-performance" : 1.0, "scrypt-cost" : 0.001, "neoscrypt-performance" : 0.3, "neoscrypt-cost" : 0.001 ]])

This way, miner can tell to the pool exactly what kind of algorithms it would like to work on and what kind of speeds (performance) it has and costs related to it - pool can then take these factors and make proper calculation and assign miner to algorithm that is best for the miner.

BTW; as soon as you prepare BFG version with these features, we are ready to update our stratum proxy @ NiceHash to support this and give it a try.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

The second parameter is an Object with key/value option pairs. Wouldn't this be better (example how to tell about certain mining capability + give some parameters):

mining.capabilities(["notify" : [] , "set_difficulty" : [], "set_multialgo" : []])

mining.capabilities(["notify" : [] , "set_difficulty" : [], "set_multialgo" : [ "scrypt-performance" : 1.0, "scrypt-cost" : 0.001, "neoscrypt-performance" : 0.3, "neoscrypt-cost" : 0.001 ]])

This way, miner can tell to the pool exactly what kind of algorithms it would like to work on and what kind of speeds (performance) it has and costs related to it - pool can then take these factors and make proper calculation and assign miner to algorithm that is best for the miner.
Isn't this something you can have users configure on your website?
I would think that when costs are known to BFGMiner, it (and not the pool) should be making the decision about which pool to be mining on based on costs.
I suppose it makes sense to tell the pool as well, so it can try to offer the best deal...

Perhaps more importantly: those options are independent of support for the set_goal method - they're parameters for each algorithm.
How about we take your idea, but with some minor changes to these options?
mining.capabilities({"notify":[],"set_difficulty":[],"set_goal":[],"scrypt":{"performance":1.0,"cost":0.001},"neoscrypt":{"performance":0.3,"cost": 0.001}})
This way if methods have specific parameters, they don't need to be duplicated, but each algorithm is considered an independent option.

Note it's set_goal rather than set_multialgo for a reason - I'm hoping to add support for non-blockchain non-PoW goals at some point Wink

nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:13:31 PM

I would think that when costs are known to BFGMiner, it (and not the pool) should be making the decision about which pool to be mining on based on costs.
I suppose it makes sense to tell the pool as well, so it can try to offer the best deal...

Perhaps more importantly: those options are independent of support for the set_goal method - they're parameters for each algorithm.
mining.capabilities({"notify":[],"set_difficulty":[],"set_goal":[],"scrypt":{"performance":1.0,"cost":0.001},"neoscrypt":{"performance":0.3,"cost": 0.001}})
This way if methods have specific parameters, they don't need to be duplicated, but each algorithm is considered an independent option.

Note it's set_goal rather than set_multialgo for a reason - I'm hoping to add support for non-blockchain non-PoW goals at some point Wink

As long as it doesn't bring any ambiguousness to future possible extensions of this method, it is fine for me. But I would still rather "group" all supported algorithms together. Also, what should be considered is the possibility to omit 'cost' - in that case, cost is considered as being 0. Following this logic, omitting performance, sets algorithm speed to 0 which means "don't ever send me jobs for this algorithm".

Miner should send mining.capabilities as soon as it establish connection with pool (before any other subscription or authorization) - that way, pool can properly assign miner for the first job already.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

As long as it doesn't bring any ambiguousness to future possible extensions of this method, it is fine for me. But I would still rather "group" all supported algorithms together.
So maybe:
mining.capabilities({"notify":[],"set_difficulty":[],"set_goal":[],"malgo":{"scrypt":{"performance":1.0,"cost":0.001},"neoscrypt":{"performance":0.3,"cost": 0.001}}})

Also, what should be considered is the possibility to omit 'cost' - in that case, cost is considered as being 0. Following this logic, omitting performance, sets algorithm speed to 0 which means "don't ever send me jobs for this algorithm".
Well, that wouldn't work. Most of the time (at least right now, all of the time), cost and performance are unknowns - so BFGMiner has nothing to send for those.
In practice, I was thinking of sending:
mining.capabilities({"notify":[],"set_difficulty":[],"set_goal":[],"malgo":{"scrypt":[],"SHA256d":[]}})

Another thing maybe we need to consider is how you would want to handle rigs that have a set of scrypt+SHA256d devices (CPU, OpenCL, maybe DualMiner in the future), and also SHA256d-only devices...

Miner should send mining.capabilities as soon as it establish connection with pool (before any other subscription or authorization) - that way, pool can properly assign miner for the first job already.
Yes, this is already the case.

Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:04:14 AM

Please add neoscrypt as soon as possible

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
7000pool

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:38:14 AM

i'm trying to use --balance with --stratum-port <arg>
it dosn't balance shares between pools  Huh
only work with the first pool & discard the rest  Huh
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:56:31 AM

it dosn't balance shares between pools  Huh
only work with the first pool & discard the rest  Huh
Are the pools working on the same blockchain?
If not, are you using 4.99.0 and giving the pools separate goals?

7000pool

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:59:00 AM

it dosn't balance shares between pools  Huh
only work with the first pool & discard the rest  Huh
Are the pools working on the same blockchain?
If not, are you using 4.99.0 and giving the pools separate goals?

same pool & blockchain with different login/worker only
using 4.10.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: