Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:28:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XBTec Announce. New ASIC manufacturer.  (Read 131774 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:06:31 AM

That's the Pacific 1250 or V2?  I want more info on the Pacific 2000 if they have it.  Good luck on your review.

Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:46:26 PM

There is a reason why there are nearly no big BE200 miners, and that reason is that the chip isn´t up-to-date.

Once Bitmaine releases their 0.55-0.65W/GH S4, nobody will buy miners withe BE200 anymore, unless they are heavily discounted (at which point the manufacturing of them doesn´t really turn too much profit).

It doesn´t make sense to pre-order a 0.8W/GH miner now, if you can just buy a S3 pretty much from stock....
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:14:21 PM

Yes but why wait.  New tech will always be released just after you bought your shiny new rig.
sl0n

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:05:11 PM

Yes but why wait.  New tech will always be released just after you bought your shiny new rig.

Because if you want to buy - you need money, but if you want just to talk - you need nothing Smiley It is very cheap  Grin
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:44:15 PM

Because if you want to buy - you need money, but if you want just to talk - you need nothing Smiley It is very cheap  Grin
lol talk is cheap that was funny

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:02:13 PM

Dogie is supposed to have his sample miner by yesterday, but not any update from him.

Let us wait for a while and see.

Dogie probably got demo unit, I would wait for some paid customers to report delivery.

Testing it now, I'll probably be done Wednesday EU afternoon.
please let us know what model you got and how is it working, heat level, noise level, power used, ease of set up all the good stuff. thanks in advance for the information and as i am writing this it is already 8-6-2014 ... 11:24PM

Apologies, having some issues with the Pi (not the actual miner). Just waiting on the morning for them to email me an instruction. IRL things took longer than expected so I only emailed them about midnight. Teaser:

So the above was what I thought - the software was the 'farm' software without a user interface. I'll have to wait until they can get the consumer interface over to me.

tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:27:37 PM

So, still nothing...

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:52:48 AM

no he is waiting as he said i am sure he will inform us when he gets the product up and running. Can't be that much longer, well i hope not lol

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 03:00:31 AM

no he is waiting as he said i am sure he will inform us when he gets the product up and running. Can't be that much longer, well i hope not lol

Might be a few days, I think they're redoing the online interface or it wasn't what they wanted. The actual miner is good to go through, its just the Pi image.

sl0n

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:30:23 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 06:26:18 AM by sl0n

Might be a few days, I think they're redoing the online interface or it wasn't what they wanted. The actual miner is good to go through, its just the Pi image.

So the miner is working, isn't it? The problem is only in web interface? Is it possible to configure it via SSH?
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:40:01 AM

If there is "farm software" aka without a gui, why don´t you just start it via commandline arguments?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:34:51 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 04:15:34 PM by Rabinovitch

May be "farm software" means that mining software is running on some external controller module, and device delivered to Dogie is working just like external set of mining boards for that controller? Sorry for my English...  Undecided

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:07:13 PM

So the miner is working, isn't it? The problem is only in web interface? Is it possible to configure it via SSH?

If there is "farm software" aka without a gui, why don´t you just start it via commandline arguments?

It appears to be even more basic than that, its not even appearing as a DCHP device even though its DCHP (somehow). Its basic firmware, literally mine to x address, I can't get access to it if its not appearing to my network.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:36:00 PM

dogie doesn't get to keep the BTC lol
Georgebest

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:58:23 PM

interested with this coin
can i know whats the road map of this ?

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 02:02:12 PM

So, still nothing...

So do you get to collect on your best if Dogie tests the sample unit, and it's over 1w per GH/s on the Kill a watt reading?

Been awhile since I've heard anything, whether yours and Jimmothy wager on Xbtec power efficiency was resolved.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:54:53 AM

It appears to be even more basic than that, its not even appearing as a DCHP device even though its DCHP (somehow). Its basic firmware, literally mine to x address, I can't get access to it if its not appearing to my network.
Isn't it true your network won't see it if the default ip of the miner isn't within your routers ip range?  ie... 192.168.1.1 compared to 192.168.2.1
Just my late night thoughts.  Anxious to see it in action.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 02:38:33 PM

So, still nothing...

So do you get to collect on your best if Dogie tests the sample unit, and it's over 1w per GH/s on the Kill a watt reading?

Been awhile since I've heard anything, whether yours and Jimmothy wager on Xbtec power efficiency was resolved.

I'll let you know after a few more hours of running, but the bet may be too close to call.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 03:25:30 PM

Right, I think we have to call the bet a no contest (draw). Depending on temperature conditions, I can make the unit do whatever outcome you want.

I can put it in 25C ambient and it will do 1.30TH @ 1250W at the wall.
I can put it in 37C ambient and it will do 1.23TH @ 1370W at the wall.
I can then put fans in turbo mode at any time and give it another 30W penalty.

tldr, it can achieve <1W/Gh, but it can also be made to go way above 1W/GH within its operating range. I don't think we're going to be able to conclude fairly on this one.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:41:27 PM

Right, I think we have to call the bet a no contest (draw). Depending on temperature conditions, I can make the unit do whatever outcome you want.

I can put it in 25C ambient and it will do 1.30TH @ 1250W at the wall.
I can put it in 37C ambient and it will do 1.23TH @ 1370W at the wall.
I can then put fans in turbo mode at any time and give it another 30W penalty.

tldr, it can achieve <1W/Gh, but it can also be made to go way above 1W/GH within its operating range. I don't think we're going to be able to conclude fairly on this one.

I'm fine with a draw or a win (tzortz can decide). Even though it is technically capable of below 1w/gh, it's only by a hair and doesn't really prove my point that these chips are capable of more. Although v2 may turn out to be more impressive at 0.8w/gh, I'm not going to wait X weeks to find out.

Shall we call it a tie and both donate 0.05 each to SO?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: