Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149395 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Which browser do I need to use to be able to set difficulty per worker on the ghash.io page?
I can set the overall difficulty on cex.io and that works fine. But the setting won't change when I try to change it per worker on the ghash page. I've tried the 3 major browsers. IE, chrome and firefox.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:15:59 PM

Which browser do I need to use to be able to set difficulty per worker on the ghash.io page?
I can set the overall difficulty on cex.io and that works fine. But the setting won't change when I try to change it per worker on the ghash page. I've tried the 3 major browsers. IE, chrome and firefox.

Why would you mine there? Have you not been reading the last few pages of the thread about all the problems there?
BCwinning

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:17:32 PM

Why would you mine there? Have you not been reading the last few pages of the thread about all the problems there?
I don't read back that far usually a waste of time. Like most pools these days.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Repunza

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:46:57 PM

Well if you would take the time and read a few pages back. You may save yourself some heartache mining there.  Wink
BCwinning

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:57:35 PM

Well if you would take the time and read a few pages back. You may save yourself some heartache mining there.  Wink
reads like it has for over the last year nothing new here

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:06:22 AM

CEX.IO Temporarily Suspends Cloud Mining Services

Taking into consideration our users' interests, the recent Bitcoin price drop, as well as the upscaling of the mining difficulty, CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange would like to announce a temporary suspension of cloud mining services provided by the platform at the time of the next difficulty increase.

According to the 11.5. paragraph of CEX.IO Terms of Use: 
"Mining with using User's Gigahashes can be stopped by CEX.IO if the amount of the Maintenance Cost exceeds rewards for each mined block or if the mining is economically inexpedient."

Thereby, all GHS formerly purchased by CEX.IO users remain their absolute property, with appropriate figures reflected in users' profile balance. Additionally users will be able to manually enable mining with Gigahashes by their own choice.

“Suspension of CEX.IO cloud mining service is only a forced temporary measure, the result of cloud mining costs exceeding mining profit,” Jeffrey Smith, Chief Information Officer of CEX.IO. “Currently all cloud mining/maintenance costs are directed to the Hardware provider, hence, we are open for negotiations with additional mining hardware providers, who can offer favourable terms. And, as soon as we get an opportunity to upgrade mining hardware, or come to more efficient terms with energy suppliers, cloud mining process will be automatically resumed.”

Meanwhile, CEX.IO will continue operating as full service exchange platform for trading cryptocurrencies and fiat money.

Will CEX.IO's closure of cloud mining have any effect on Ghash.IO ? Will Ghash.IO shut down some of its own hash power as CEX.IO is claiming that mining cost is exceeding the mined output ?

crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:10:09 AM

Apart from claiming, if they do run their business with the redundancy and quality like they should, the story they tell does sound valid. It's a simple matter of costs, high difficulty, low BTC price etc.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:55:43 AM

Wow!  A few 2-hour, several 3-hour, a couple of 6-hour and now 7-hour blocks and counting.  I bet those books are going to be tender and delicious after cooking them for a while now.  Grin

clarkey2013

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:55:18 AM

good job my balance was -0.00031493  Tongue
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:17:20 AM

Anyone who knows if this would be a good time to temporarily or permanently jump off the pool? Or will they keep running the gear for themselves?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:30:44 AM

Time to bail, folks.  The third largest pool couldn't be this unlucky...very unusual.  2, 3, 4, 6 and 7-hour blocks in regular succession.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:21:22 AM

Time to bail, folks.  The third largest pool couldn't be this unlucky...very unusual.  2, 3, 4, 6 and 7-hour blocks in regular succession.

What are you suggesting is happening?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BCwinning

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:37:43 AM

Time to bail, folks.  The third largest pool couldn't be this unlucky...very unusual.  2, 3, 4, 6 and 7-hour blocks in regular succession.

where you going? someplace that finds blocks every 22 hrs?
go to eligius and get 16 hr blocks every other day.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:11:20 AM

Time to bail, folks.  The third largest pool couldn't be this unlucky...very unusual.  2, 3, 4, 6 and 7-hour blocks in regular succession.

I have already been gone for sometime now...been solo mining actually.  Eligius is not the only other pool.

It looks like another 7-hour block...and counting.

BCwinning

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:15:01 PM

I have already been gone for sometime now...been solo mining actually.  Eligius is not the only other pool.

no shit really? I thought there was only 2  Roll Eyes

navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:53:24 PM

Are you pressing enter after entering the difficulty?
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:32:35 AM

no shit really? I thought there was only 2  Roll Eyes

Then you shouldn't have stated an inappropriate example. Grin

How can you compare Eligius to GHash?
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:42:52 AM

for sure comparing with other pools hash rate its not regular not to say suspicious that
similar hash rate pools have nearly 30% more luck...
I have never had more luck than the calculator shown on ghash
So since they only one who knows what is hapening on the mining its them and they dont give any info
is suspicious

Any way with the later drop on the BTC price mining companies will be the first
to go down later bigger private farms and later individuals.
No one I think will continue mining in the long term withour profit
It will be better to buy instead and trade with BTC
So sad to see this
BCwinning

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:47:41 PM

seriously your a stupid twat. It was just a pool name.. It wasn't even a comparison.
you're too fucking stupid to waste the keystrokes on anymore.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:58:28 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 01:46:09 AM by visdude

seriously your a stupid twat. It was just a pool name.. It wasn't even a comparison.
you're too fucking stupid to waste the keystrokes on anymore.

Angry much?  You are a perfect example of a wannabe smartazz who got exposed and resorting to name-calling due to frustration and hopelessness of not having a valid argument to wiggle yourself out of the situation.  Name-calling just doesn't cut it. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: