Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elliot Rodger Killed 7 and Wounded 7  (Read 1823 times)
nickenburg (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

When someone is killed with a hammer no one wants a hammer ban. Yet if it's a gun, then the gun must be at fault. Perhaps it gives people a sense of control to blame a gun rather than face the fact that psychopathic monsters walk among us. If this nut had no access to guns he would have run his victims over with a car or something.
Murder is a common and widespread human behavior. Guns have nothing to do with that. There will always be such people and the best we can do is help them when we can, and help ourselves when we fail.   

I think that guns cause people to just grab the gun and kill other people with it very easily, maybe if they didn't have acces to a gun so easily they wouldve just jumped infront of the train.
Here in The Netherlands we had a gun shooting incident a few years ago, it also was a guy that had easily acces to guns because his father was a member of the gunshooting range.
And ofcourse guns has to do with that, its the best tool designed to hurt/kill people fast, If all the people that jumped infront of the trains in The Netherlands would have easy acces to a gun, atleast 1 wouldve grabbed it, and kill more people with it instead just himself.

I don't think so that If he couldn't buy a gun he would just of killed himself by just jumping in front of the train. He wanted to kill those people to "revenge'' that girls ignored him. Yes It Is easier to kill with gun and you can kill more with gun but If he was about to kill people no guns wouldn't of stopped him he would just knifed few or made homemade bomb or something else there is so much options  prohibiting guns wouldn't be a solution I think If psycho decided to kill he will and probably no one will stop him.

Ofcourse people who are really crazy and want to kill alot of people will do that.
But when you dont have acces to a gun at all and it's really hard to find one in your country to.
It's a totally different story because the option to kill people with a gun isnt even a option because you cant get a gun.
Ofcourse you could get a big knife and stab people and the real crazy will do that, but for a few people I think killing with a gun is much easier then with a knife!
Just because with a knife kill you have to be close to the victim and stab him it's much harder up close and personal.
Plus the victim can defend himself much easier, then with shooting with a gun from a distance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oureptsC

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:33:14 PM

When someone is killed with a hammer no one wants a hammer ban. Yet if it's a gun, then the gun must be at fault. Perhaps it gives people a sense of control to blame a gun rather than face the fact that psychopathic monsters walk among us. If this nut had no access to guns he would have run his victims over with a car or something.
Murder is a common and widespread human behavior. Guns have nothing to do with that. There will always be such people and the best we can do is help them when we can, and help ourselves when we fail.  

I think that guns cause people to just grab the gun and kill other people with it very easily, maybe if they didn't have acces to a gun so easily they wouldve just jumped infront of the train.
Here in The Netherlands we had a gun shooting incident a few years ago, it also was a guy that had easily acces to guns because his father was a member of the gunshooting range.
And ofcourse guns has to do with that, its the best tool designed to hurt/kill people fast, If all the people that jumped infront of the trains in The Netherlands would have easy acces to a gun, atleast 1 wouldve grabbed it, and kill more people with it instead just himself.

I don't think so that If he couldn't buy a gun he would just of killed himself by just jumping in front of the train. He wanted to kill those people to "revenge'' that girls ignored him. Yes It Is easier to kill with gun and you can kill more with gun but If he was about to kill people no guns wouldn't of stopped him he would just knifed few or made homemade bomb or something else there is so much options  prohibiting guns wouldn't be a solution I think If psycho decided to kill he will and probably no one will stop him.

Ofcourse people who are really crazy and want to kill alot of people will do that.
But when you dont have acces to a gun at all and it's really hard to find one in your country to.
It's a totally different story because the option to kill people with a gun isnt even a option because you cant get a gun.
Ofcourse you could get a big knife and stab people and the real crazy will do that, but for a few people I think killing with a gun is much easier then with a knife!
Just because with a knife kill you have to be close to the victim and stab him it's much harder up close and personal.
Plus the victim can defend himself much easier, then with shooting with a gun from a distance.

Yes but what I wanted to say in conclusion that there are and there will always be psycho people like in this situation and how Is It possible to stop them ? prohibiting weapons? Ok, he'll make a bomb then which will take even more lifes off. Till we'll have psycho people we can't prevent this. In case we would prohibit to buy all the dangerous materials used to make bombs all the weapons even knifes, which you could get only with license?

DolanDuck

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:57:57 PM

In addition to his extreme narcissism, the thing that really left me amazed is all its own set of arguments like: "I ​​own 300 Dollarz glasses so all girls must be mine."

I wonder how a man can have thoughts that are so materialistic. Parents? TV america?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
oureptsC

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

In addition to his extreme narcissism, the thing that really left me amazed is all its own set of arguments like: "I ​​own 300 Dollarz glasses so all girls must be mine."

I wonder how a man can have thoughts that are so materialistic. Parents? TV america?

Firstly I didn't fully understand If he is sane minded or he had BIG psychological problems , I bet he did so he was a psycho (Ill minded)

I don't think It's TV and I don't know about the parents. But indeed It's naive thinking that If you have money you have everything. Well actually you can buy almost anything for money except love. He could of bought a hooker. But he can't buy feelings. He just was with injured mind and of course his thinking was totally wrong.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

When someone is killed with a hammer ...

I don't think so that If he couldn't buy a gun he would just of killed himself by just jumping in front of the train.. ..

Ofcourse people who are really crazy and want to kill alot of people...

Yes but what I wanted to say in conclusion...
Interesting discussion. I think thous of us who were raised around guns our whole life do not see the gun as anything special. People I know who were grew up in cities only hear about guns in association with violence and think of guns as having some kind of power over the user. For example "I think that guns cause people to just grab the gun and kill other people..." or "we were fighting and the gun went off". (The latter is what people guilty of murder say in court.)
If you and all your friends have guns growing up, then you think more about the actions of the shooter and what he/she did wrong. The gun did not make all this pain happen. The gun was deliberately loaded, chambered, aimed and fired by a person who chose to do that. It is that persons fault and they should pay for it.
My understanding is that this particular shooter first killed three people with a knife. So where is the knife ban? He killed just as many with his knife. But there wont be a knife ban simply because we all own knives and it seems like an irrelevant factor. Well, that is what a gun ban looks like to us who also own guns. A distraction from the actions of the killer.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:47:46 PM

TV and materialistic girl.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:44:15 PM

When someone is killed with a hammer ...

I don't think so that If he couldn't buy a gun he would just of killed himself by just jumping in front of the train.. ..

Ofcourse people who are really crazy and want to kill alot of people...

Yes but what I wanted to say in conclusion...
Interesting discussion. I think thous of us who were raised around guns our whole life do not see the gun as anything special. People I know who were grew up in cities only hear about guns in association with violence and think of guns as having some kind of power over the user. For example "I think that guns cause people to just grab the gun and kill other people..." or "we were fighting and the gun went off". (The latter is what people guilty of murder say in court.)
If you and all your friends have guns growing up, then you think more about the actions of the shooter and what he/she did wrong. The gun did not make all this pain happen. The gun was deliberately loaded, chambered, aimed and fired by a person who chose to do that. It is that persons fault and they should pay for it.
My understanding is that this particular shooter first killed three people with a knife. So where is the knife ban? He killed just as many with his knife. But there wont be a knife ban simply because we all own knives and it seems like an irrelevant factor. Well, that is what a gun ban looks like to us who also own guns. A distraction from the actions of the killer.

Exactly, gun banning would be just the same as banning knifes but even If knifes banned you can find or make your self a sharp thing enough to kill, If you want to kill you can find anything even with a wooden staff you can kill or even with your bare hands. So the weapons or Items are not a problem , we need to work more with people so they would be happier with their life but there will always be people with ill mind, so It's just even some kind of natural thing, we have a lot of bad and good things on this world and that's what It's made of.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: