Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

I'm interested in this coin but I was looking over the codebase, is there any reason you decided to remove the git history?

Obviously this was forked from another coin and for some reason the entire git history was removed and the codebase was pushed in one commit.

It is hard to follow what is going on and where it is coming from.

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:45:53 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 03:15:59 PM by SuperSta

XC multipool is a joke, right?
0.026858 XC per MH of X11 ? Seriously?

Not sure where you're pulling that figure from. You can't compare one MHs from one algo with another. e.g. you can't compare 1MHs for scrypt with 1MHs with Sha256 on a direct like for like basis.

As is it stands right now for the multipool we have something like this, as time goes on we will get a clearer picture of the profitability.

Scrypt   ~ 0.5 XC/MHs/Day

X11   ~ 0.5 to 1 XC/4MHs/Day

SHA256   ~ 1.5 to 2 XC/85GHs/Day

However this could be off now as these are based on XC being 0.0012 lol a lot has happened in the past 24 hours.

Happy 4th!

Sta
yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:53:36 AM

I'm interested in this coin but I was looking over the codebase, is there any reason you decided to remove the git history?

Obviously this was forked from another coin and for some reason the entire git history was removed and the codebase was pushed in one commit.

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

This isn't about investing, this is about software development. And there is an expected way you participate in a open source community. Using git correctly is not that difficult, there is no reason to remove the git history.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:57:23 AM

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

This isn't about investing, this is about software development. And there is an expected way you participate in a open source community. Using git correctly is not that difficult, there is no reason to remove the git history.

There is a reason to not have a git history: not wanting it to get cloned.

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code to refute FUD. End

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:58:23 AM

Can't wait to see the new website this coming Monday!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xc_music_video

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
guanchayuan

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:01:18 PM

XC to force the team, so to become a millionaire , so I have more beer
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:03:40 PM

There is a reason to remove the git history: not wanting it to get cloned.

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code. End

Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned. That makes no sense.

So this is a closed source coin with no open development? Why are basic questions about the code base being met with such antagonism? Why does everything have to be about money, fud and other bullshit? I thought this community was trying to test new ideas and and improve crypto currency.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:07:08 PM

Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned.

Your joking right?
therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:11:03 PM

.15 BTC sent for xc promotion to 16WffZKRbnCKSBGXaVpra4dqT72pf3TT3V

Thank you! Received... though you sent it to my personal address.

I'll forward it to the donation address unless you intended to tip me :-)

Thanks, as I stated before not overly tech savy....  lol
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code. End

Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned. That makes no sense.

So this is a closed source coin with no open development? Why are basic questions about the code base being met with such antagonism? Why does everything have to be about money, fud and other bullshit? I thought this community was trying to test new ideas and and improve crypto currency.

We are. But quoting FUD back from May won't help. If you are really interested, I suggest you search this, the previous unmoderated topic, as well as the unmoderated XC topic(now deserted I think). You will find your answers there.
If you like open source coins so much there's always the next p&d coin which will most certainly help the scene with its trustful open source adoption.

The code has been peer reviewed by prominent members of the community, which you can find in topic as well.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:13:22 PM

FUD removed.

We are. But quoting FUD back from May won't help. If you are really interested, I suggest you search this, the previous unmoderated topic, as well as the unmoderated XC topic(now deserted I think). You will find your answers there.
If you like open source coins so much there's always the next p&d coin which will most certainly help the scene with its trustful open source adoption.

I find it funny that whenever XC goes up, the trolls starts to come out.  It's a good sign of fear since he's a strong supporter of VRC...

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:22:02 PM

The code has been peer reviewed by prominent members of the community, which you can find in topic as well.

Yes, let's call this an end. I've already told you the details of the situation. Yet you've now ignored my statement about XC's stance on open source and asked whether it's a "closed source coin". Read what I said, or else you just come across as a fudder.

However this is a good opportunity to fully state XC's stance on open source:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

Obviously ALL Alt coins are FORKED versions of some other coin...  except Bitcoin, which was forked from Jesus himself.
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:42:26 PM

can someone tell me if banks are open today in USA?
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:42:33 PM

Yes, let's call this an end. I've already told you the details of the situation. Yet you've now ignored my statement about XC's stance on open source and asked whether it's a "closed source coin". Read what I said, or else you just come across as a fudder.

However this is a good opportunity to fully state XC's stance on open source:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Man, you have such nice writing skills!

Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:43:16 PM

Can somebody please explain to me what REV2 is?

the next wallet version which will enhance the anon functionality of the wallet. It will come with major PR related project overhauls concerning XC, and will be a big step towards XC's more advanced features.
So it will make the price of XC go boom?
Combined with mass XC exposure thanx to PR publicity, yeah! XC was pumped to 450k when most thought it was ur regular P&D, so imagine now.
Oke thanks for the answer
ForReal

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:52:50 PM

can someone tell me if banks are open today in USA?

hell nah braw
therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:53:09 PM

What a great Holiday... woke up, had a coffee, fired up the Ipad and saw I could buy XC below 19 again, picked up some more coins and also noticed the sell wall looks great.  Only 25 BTC to get to .00228 and the buy wall is giant...
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:57:21 PM

What a great Holiday... woke up, had a coffee, fired up the Ipad and saw I could buy XC below 19 again, picked up some more coins and also noticed the sell wall looks great.  Only 25 BTC to get to .00228 and the buy wall is giant...

I have buy orders back in at 150sat.. if it ever gets there again.. but yes, time to stock up  more today
SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:06:28 PM

Obviously ALL Alt coins are FORKED versions of some other coin...  except Bitcoin, which was forked from Jesus himself.

ROFL   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: